Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:47 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support 1-15 to 1-31

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...76#post1531776

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 01-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Gosh I am the first to post. That is unusual.

I think we need to start building the Ark. It has rained solid since Friday and continuing all day today. IT si 63 and supposed to keep on dropping today. I am just very thankful it is not snow.

WWS (I weigh at WW on Sat) has me down 4.8 pounds. I was totally shocked. I set me scale at home up 2 lbs to I would be the same as theirs and that was not what I weighed before I left home. So I don't know what's going on, but I will take it and hope next Sat is around the same number or lower. My DD didn't get to start with me Sat, she had school and her partner had a death in the family so she had to get their early and set up a video. So hoping next Sat is the day. She so needs it.

Monet, sorry about the car trouble. Nothing worse. The only people that win are the mechanics. If you find one you can trust, you are lucky.

Tech, I love Peyton Manning. I am so hoping they can make it to the Super Bowl. My DH is also a Bear's fan so if it would end up Bears vs Cols, we may have to think about going or at least having a big party.

Toni, are you all getting ice and snow? I thought we usually have the same weather, but I heard today that parts of MO are w/o electricity due to ice. Hope you are ok.

BOB, sleeping any better?

Rosalie, getting your walk in still?

Missy, are you off work today?

Got to run. Have a great day. Maybe I will get to check in later, my boss is back today so I am sure it will be crazy later.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone! A new week to hopefully do better with this WOE. It's not been a good week for me eating wise as well as other things. Sorry I haven't been posting much this past week. Weigh in this am is still up a little at 192.4 but I'm not changing my tracker just yet cause I'll try harder to stay on track this week. All the illegal stuff is gone now.

Solly?Jackie, what a nice surprise to read your post the other day & find out it was you! I've often wondered how you were. So glad you are doing well. We had rain like that here for a couple of weeks. Looks like we've missing the rain here so far but it's coming & yes, the temps are suppose to drop today. Had to use the A/C yesterday cause it was sooooo muggy. Now we'll have to get the coats out again!

Well I'm off to the vet this am with the only 2 puppies left out of 6. I'll check in later.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #4  

I thought it was going to be a bad morning...and it has its problems so far! First, the front door deadbolt is stuck. I got the bright idea of trying to unscrew it and open it from the inside. Never do this if you don't know how a lock is constructed! Now I have to get dressed, go out the back door, around to the front and pick up the pieces of the lock. AND, it is STILL stuck!

I hopped on the scale early this morning and it looked grim. But, after a cup of espresso and a morning constitution (kwim?) I am actually down 1.5 pounds from what I was last Monday. I still have 8 to get back to my low from before the thyroid med disaster, but at least I have seen SOME progress!

Kaeleb is rolling around on my bed, grumbling. I think he probably needs a nap, but he hates going to sleep almost as much as he hates waiting for meals... At least he is fussing at his crinkly bee toy and not me!

I don't have a car today, but the Toyota place called to say they 'fixed' Tom's truck and there was no charge. He was skeptical, after the going back and forth Friday and Saturday. I know one thing, we will NEVER take one of our cars back there for work. And when we buy another car, it will NOT be from them!

I guess I better get going. Lots to get done around here. My mother in law is coming to spend the weekend Friday...and I plan to be working Thursday and Friday. My house is a wreck, and she thinks I am a slob, so I try to ease the tension between us a bit by cleaning as much as I can before she comes to visit.

I will be back later!

Old 01-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #5  

Hey all! I tried to weigh this morning and got three different weights for each time I stepped on. Who knows! I do think that I am still up 1-2 lbs above my ticker weight, so that is my first thing to work on this week.

Today is a day off for us, but so far it has been busy. Rachel had an allstate practice this morning at 9am. They have a second audition this Saturday, but it is mainly to see if they have been working on their music. I think they just have to show that they are familiar with the songs, but not perfect. The teacher says she has never lost anyone on this audition, so we're not worried about it. After her practice, we went and got our allergy shots and to walmart. We're home now, but have to go back to town at 4pm for Rachel to go to dance. They have already started to work on their show for May. The performing company will do the second act from Swan Lake and then Rachel also has three other classes, hiphop, tap and such. It is always a busy time, but fun.

Hope everyone is having a great day! This is our last warm day too! We will have high only in the 40's tomorrow!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

Thin: Dance recitals are so stressful. I remember Shelley in them when she was around 4-5 and I hated how perfect everything had to be...but I guess they are prepping them for a career in dance and that's important then.

Monet: All creative minds have messy houses. Its the nature of the beast. I hate when neat freaks come to my house with their white gloves. We creative types have better things to do with our time than clean everything all the time.

Melf: Its always easier to post a loss in your ticker than a gain. My scale broke a while back, so I don't even know how much I weigh any more..but my pants still fit, so I don't think I've gained. At least that's good.

Solly: Peyton Manning is a true legend. I think he's great...although he wasn't exactly in the zone Saturday...at least they one and will be back again this weekend against the Patriots...AGAIN. It seems almost every playoffs it's down to the Pats and the Colts at some point. But it will be in Indianapolis, so they have a real chance at going to the Super Bowl! I was worried they'd have to play the Chargers in San Diego, but the Pats put that to rest. The Chargers were a tough team this year. But in regards to the Pats, in my opinion, statistics would have it that the Colts are about due to spank the Pats in a playoff game and I think they have a better chance of getting to the Super Bowl this year than any other year. Last year they were sidetracked by Tony Dungey losing is son during playoffs AND they had that perfect season hanging over their head AND had a week off, as is the priviledge of the best team in the conference to have a buy week...and I think they lost their momentum last year. This year, they've had a struggle with each game in the playoffs and I think it's kept them with their senses sharper...okay...enough football talk. WAY TO GO ON THE NEARLY 5 POUND LOSS!!

Rosalie: How did your salmon come out? Did you like the recipe?

Okay...I have the kids home today...and we have a friend of Kyle's over to be babysat. So my living room is fast becoming trashed. And there's a Sabres game on at 1pm (which is odd). And, we were supposed to have a foot of snow today, but some low went too far north, so now we're getting sleet/freezing rain and icky stuff outside. Everythign but SNOW. I was so pumped to go outside and play in the drifts with the kids, but who wants to go outside and get pelted with ice pellets? Bleh!

Okay...I'm still getting used to typing with nails and my fingers are gettign sore. Talk to you guys later!!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #7  

Good afternoon everyone.

I went for my mall walk this morning and then for three games of badminton. I'm up one pound from last week but can't say I am surprised. Eating on the weekend was not very good, particularly Sauturday. I was at the Legion on Saturday at a dart tournament and all they had to eat was fast food so I had peameal bacon on a bun in the a.m. (which I shouldn't have done as I had eaten breakfast before leaving home but it looked so good) then for lunch had a burger on a bun and fries. Sunday wasn't so bad, I just had a toasted western for lunch and then later a couple of tiny donuts with coffee. Dinner was salmon and veggies. Have to get back on track again.

Tech - Sorry you missed the snow! We had a couple of inches fall during the night followed by freezing rain. It wasn't very pleasant when I went out earlier but the rain has stopped now and the ploughs have been out so the roads aren't too bad. Hope we don't get any more to-day as I plan on going out again this evening. The salmon turned out good. I don't usually like meats flavoured with orange but the combination of lemon/orange on the fish was good. I tried your cauliflower soup. I added more milk but it was still much thicker than a soup - more like puree. But it tasted good and I ate it all.

Solly - Way to go on the weight loss this week. I'm not surprised that you didn't weigh the same at home as at WW. Sometimes I have weighed myself early - like 5.30-6 a.m. - and if I didn't like what I saw I would weigh again about 9 or 10 a.m. One time I was 4 pounds lighter.

Gotta run. I have some lentil soup cooking for lunch and it should be ready.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

The good old days of the weight coming off easily are long gone. I'm struggling not to gain while eating right. But it is what it is and I'm trying not to let it lead to binge eating. I did have a few no no's this week but over all a good eating week with 3 days of activity. I'm hoping to do even better tihs week.

Congratulations to this week losers and those who are still trying.
((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-15-2007, 09:59 PM   #9  

Country I agree...it was so much easier a few years ago. I struggle with the no-no's but also with activity because I don't handle that as well as I use to either. I struggle with shortness of breathe & hip & back pain, so exercise is not as easy to do as it use to be.

I did better with eating today. Not 100% but better. Just taking it one step at a time. That's all I can do.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #10  

Hey everyone! Just a fly by before bed. I slept poorly last night, so I am really tired tonight, but have not gotten done with everything so I can crawl in bed yet. I will probably not be able to sleep from being over tired.

I was coddling my back today, but I did get a walk in. It may be better. I have not had ibuprofen for at least 6 or 7 hours, and I am still able to move, which is a good sign!

MELF: I know what you mean about struggling to get in the exercise, and staying on track. You CAN do it though! How are the puppies? What did the vet say?

TECH: Was the friend of Kyle's who was over THE one?

THIN: I got out and walked today...wow..I did not even have to wear a sweater! I hope you got out and enjoyed it! I just hope the threat of sleet doesn't mess up my trip to Clarkesville on Thursday!

ROSALIE: Way to go on walking AND getting in badminton! That is just awesome!

SOLLY: I am happy to say the car is 'fixed'. They cleaned the part they wanted to replace (for $800!) and it is working fine. We paid $1200 for them to fix the same problem less than a month ago...what a mess! Tom found a place that would replace the part for less than $400...needless to say, we will not be using this place again!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

We went early this morning at 7:00 and looked at some hardwood floor. We are thinking of replacing all our carpet int he family, dining and bedroom with hardwood. DH & a friend are going to lay it. I see divorce written all over this one. I am so impatient and a perfectionist. A professional could fini**** in 3 days, it will be nights and weekends and probably take a month. Ugh.

Got 40 minutes of cardio in last night at the gym. Boy was I sweating.

Melf, I must have missed something about your puppies. Sorry to hear there are only 2 left. hat kind are they?

Monet, congrats on your loss. Slow but sure. Glad they fixed the car for nothing. I agre, I wouldn't go back there.

Thin, my scale does that weird thing too sometimes. Maybe it is the pull of the moon.

Tech, that explains why I am a neat freak. I am not creative. But then, my DD is and she is worse then me. If we hae to get something, snow is better than ice.

Rosalie, 3 games oa badminton and a walk is wonderful. Don't let one day, mess up your progress, jump back on track.

Country, I know how you feel. The older we get the harder it gets to lose it. So you young girls listen up and lose it before you get old like us. Hang in there.

Have lots to do, so better run. Have a great day.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #12  

GOOD MORNING!!! It's a cold & wet 37 degrees here in Cajun Country. BRRR & I'm fixing to head out in it. I am very much encouraged this am on 2 counts. Our 2 remaining Sheltie pups are frisky, playful & eating!!! YEAH!!! Vet said it's hook worms. Young to be having them but comes from the mother. Next time we'll have to start medicating her liters earlier & harder but Thank God we caughter these 2 before it killed them. We also doubled up on her heart worm pills which DH gives faithfully every month but the vet thinks she needs a larger dose than recommended. Sorry...Just had to share the good news.

The other GOOD NEWS!! Scales said 190.6 this am, the lowest I've been in ages!!! That is a boost for me & an incentive to really be on track to get below that 190 mark! So here's to a 100% day for all of us! I'm off to our monthly Food Pantry Ministry.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #13  

Hey everyone! I can't believe it is afternoon already! I have NO idea where the morning went. I was playing with the baby mostly, I think. I need to head out to the other ceramic supply place to get a few things. I am dragging my feet cause it is such long, tedious drive.

My bg was not good this morning, guess cause I forgot to take half my meds last night. I slept better which was nice. I could take a nap, but I think I will opt for a diet coke instead.

With all the rain and moisture, it sounds like we are not going to be firing the kiln for a week. With my MIL coming up Friday, I guess I can use an easy week. I have a lot of glaze tests I want to do however..... it will probably have to wait until next week.

My back is a bit better today, but not much. The longer I am up, the more it hurts.

I need to get out of here, so I will check in later!

MELF: I am glad to hear the pups are ok. How heartbreaking to lose the others! Yay on the loss!

SOLLY: If you are a perfectionist, my suggestion to you is to leave the house while he is working on it! Unless you want to stuporvise him! I leave Tom alone on home improvement projects because he tends to do a better job that I think he needs to... I go find something else to do while he is working. I HATE when he calls me to hold something, or 'help' him in some way.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. It's a beautiful sunny day here to-day which is a relief after the icy rain we had yesterday, although it is very cold, about 10F. But I am sitting at the computer with the sun streaming in the window and I had to adjust the blinds so that I can see the screen. The scale was a little kinder to me this morning after a good eating day yesterday. I had made some red lentil soup which was delicious and I just finished it off for lunch to-day, plus I cooked some kale and had two Wasa crackers with a dab of cream cheese and fruit spread. Not sure yet what dinner will be. I have a chicken breast and lamb chops in the fridge defrosting so it will be one or the other and the other one for tomorrow. I have lots of salad stuff so could do caesar salad with the chicken.

Country - I just read an article this morning about the difficulty most of us have for those last pounds to come off. I get the G.I. Diet Newsletter and this was in it to-day:
One of the most frequent concerns I hear about from readers is how difficult it is to lose those last 10 to 15 pounds. The weight plateaus seem to last longer and the average weekly weight loss slows to a crawl. This is after weeks of steady weight loss. What gives?

The reason is that you require less calories to function as you lose weight. This is due to two factors: first, the new light you requires less energy to keep going. A rough rule of thumb is that each pound you weigh consumes about 12 to 15 cal per day, just to maintain your normal bodily functions. So George, who weighs 220 pounds requires approximately 3000 cal a day to function. Should George successfully lose 50 pounds, he will now require around only 2300 cal to function, a drop in daily calorie requirements of around 700 cal. So the more weight you lose, the fewer calories you need to keep you going.

The second factor is that your body has become more calorie efficient. When your body senses that it is receiving fewer calories than in the bad old days awash in red light foods, it starts to economize by making each calorie go further through small changes to your metabolism. To use an automotive metaphor, you are becoming more fuel efficient!

So a lighter, more efficient you, means fewer calories are consumed, hence the slowing down in your rate of weight loss. This is the reason I stress playing the averages when losing weight. You may well start Phase 1, the weight loss phase, losing two pounds per week but find this has dropped to one pound per week or lower as you close in on your target weight. That's why most people should target an average weekly loss of one pound per week over the entire Phase 1 period.
Monet - Glad to hear your back is a bit better to-day. Just don't overdo the cleaning up for your mil.
Melf - I'm glad to hear the puppies are better and congrats on the weight loss. I new you could do it.

Monet - Glad your back is a bit better to-day. Just don't overdo it with the cleaning for the weekend for your mil.

Solly - You are doing good with all the workouts you are doing. I think that is good advice from Monet for you to get out of the house while your floors are being done.

I better post this quick. I keep losing part of the post and don't want to do any more re-typing.

Bye for now.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #15  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

WOO HOO!!!!

AMERICAN IDOL STARTS TONIGHT!!!!

HI Y'ALL!!! BYE Y'ALL!!!

BOB
Closed Thread