3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase 1 Start on Monday, May 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/57145-phase-1-start-monday-may-2-a.html)

kimberlydrn 05-10-2005 11:45 AM

Just a quick post to say that I hit the 150 mark today!!!! That's 10 pounds for me too. I'm so excited! I'm doing the happy dance. :cb: :dance: :dancer:

beachgal 05-10-2005 12:46 PM

Congrats on all the good work, chicks! :bravo:

Beth, let's keep it in this thread. We'll close it when your two weeks are up and then you can post to the whole community...we'll share Phase 2 together! :D

Beckatz, we'll start a Phase 1 thread for your week, okay? :D

jenne1017 05-10-2005 03:53 PM

:) And me :)

Congrats Kim!

beachgal 05-10-2005 04:10 PM

Welcome back, Jenn! Hope things are going well! :D

jenne1017 05-10-2005 04:23 PM

I hope they GO well, Laurie :)

ilovemyluckycat 05-10-2005 08:12 PM

Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on my "loss"...Kim, Beth and every other loser..congrats! :woo: This second week is so much easier. I'm a little nervous about going into the less structured P2 world. It's easy when the rules are so structured. Chili: That taco bake is a great recipe, I am going to try it soon. Tonight I had a salmon loaf which needed no breadcrumbs to hold it together. It was really good.

SAndi

beachgal 05-11-2005 11:10 AM

Sandi, you can keep Phase 2 structured, too. Just add only one thing next week and do the same thing everyday. See how it goes. Change it the next week or add to it if you feel you can. Eventually you'll figure out what works for you. For me, Phase 2 looks just like Phase 1 except I eat carrots (unlimited), one piece of fruit, and one serving of starch. It's still very structured. :D

Fear of Phase 2 is common, but know that it's necessary to go there. Phase 1 does not work forever and staying on it for long is unhealthy. But you can always do it for a week here and there. :)

kimberlydrn 05-12-2005 03:04 PM

Thanks Jenn....welcome back! I just wanted to say that I'm in the 140's again!!! I weighed 149 this morning. I hope I never see the 150's again. I've been struggling up and down in the 150's since Christmas and SB is the first diet plan that has gotten me in the 140's. I have now lost 11 pounds in 12 days.....Unbelievable! I'm just so excited and wanted to share!

beachgal 05-12-2005 04:54 PM

Congrats, Kim! Just keep on keepin' on...

Islander 05-13-2005 01:57 AM

WOO HOO! WTG!!!! :bravo:

chilichick 05-13-2005 05:43 AM

beachgal, you eat one peice of fruit a day and a starch?
Have you found that it dies not effect your loss? I am planning on maybe eating oatmeal a few mornings, just to shake up breakfast and adding a fruit daily ( apple or strawberries). I am nervous about letting anything else back even though I dont crave the rice and pasta like I used to.

kimberlydrn 05-13-2005 01:15 PM

I'm struggling today. I don't think I can wait until Sunday for Phase 2. Will it mess me up to bad if I start 2 days early? What kind of difference would it make?

beachgal 05-13-2005 03:41 PM

Chili, if I eat more than one fruit and one starch a day, I don't lose and I often gain. In addition, my IBS symptoms come back. :( I'm not sure how I'll manage Phase 3, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. ;)

I would add just one thing and stick with it for a week until you figure out how it's affecting you. If all is well, add a new thing for the next week. Don't add two at once or you won't know what's affecting what.

kimberlydrn 05-13-2005 06:32 PM

Laurie- I've had a horrible day. I had several really bad things take place and afterwards I made some poor food choices. I ate a couple of those SB breakfast bars, a SB meal replacement bar, and a bowl of SB cereal. I had bought all of these things for Phase 2 on Sunday, but ended up eating them 2 days early. I know I can't do Phase 1 again (definitely not). Can I just continue on in Phase 2 or should I just switch to a different diet plan such as WW or the Carbohydrate Addicts diet? I am so frustrated with myself. I was doing so good.

ilovemyluckycat 05-14-2005 09:53 AM

Oh Kim, don't abandon SB, look how good you are doing. It was really working for you! I think there is something to be said for keeping carbs down and making good carb choices. You cheated with SB low glycemic foods! You didn't fall all the way off the wagon! ;) I also bought some P2 stuff yesterday. MY p2 begins tomorrow. I plan on allowing fruits and veggies to be my good carbs. I also will allow occasionally the sf pudding and fifty/50 cookies I bought (splenda). I am not going anywhere near pasta for weeks or maybe months (even if whole grain). I'll use spagetti squash.

What's everyone else planning on eating during P2?

Sandi