3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase 1 Start on Monday, May 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/57145-phase-1-start-monday-may-2-a.html)

SwimGirl 05-02-2005 02:43 AM

I should be starting tomorrow as well, just gotta make a pit stop at the veggie market!

Patty - fancy meeting you here ;) I was 2/3 rds on plan today... heh, almost, just not quite there!

-Aimee

chilichick 05-02-2005 06:13 AM

I went grocery shopping last night and stocked up on SB friendly things. I packed my breakfast ( fat free turkey roll ups), Lunch ( green salad with grilled chicken and one egg) and snacks ( 10 almonds and some laughing cow cheese with celery). I want to drink more water so I got some of those crystal light to go packets to leave at work. Dinner tonight is going to be lean steak and green beans.

Good Luck guys. We can do it!!

Heidi 05-02-2005 06:22 AM

Heh Chilichick, you seem really prepared. So far all I know is I'm having a veggie omelet for breakfast. It's a good idea to plan the meals a bit in advance, so I'm going to follow your lead.

Have a great Day1 on Phase1 every1.

Reg4242 05-02-2005 07:18 AM

Hi:

Good luck to all this week on phase one. I am on week 2 of phase 1. I was pleasantly surprise by how easy week 1 went. Some challenges came up but they were much easier to deal with than pre south beach. The result of week 1 were also impressive.
Being a life time weight watcher this is really a big change for me and I am blown away with the change. I love not being hungry.
Good Luck.

tar675 05-02-2005 07:30 AM

I'll be starting ph1 again as well this week! I cheated this weekend! I'm rather upset with myself considering h0w well I did last week and this weekend I threw all of that away! UGH! I feel like I'll never get to ph2. I keep messing up at starting over again.

anchor weight 05-02-2005 07:34 AM

Morning all!

I'm with ya on the detoxing. I had barbque, potato salad and chips & dip yesterday. :rolleyes: And yes - I behaved myself I just drank some wino and kept my mouth shut. :lol: DS's first communion went great I'm going to try to post a picture for you guys to check out. He looked so handsome.

I'm also restarting my workouts today. That is the hardest part for me is getting motivated to work out. Wish me luck.

anchor weight 05-02-2005 07:41 AM

Here we go. Ok I have to make it smaller. I'll try again later.

SarahLL1031 05-02-2005 10:03 AM

Hey guys..I am here...and starting today P1 again!!! I have lost a ton w/SouthBeach but put a couple of those pounds back on and I just want to make it to my goal now!

I will talk to you all later...hope everyone is doing well...

I was dreaming of failing by eating bread..isn't that funny?? But, didn't have that problem today..haha!! I don't even like bread...I just kept having this dream where I had toast and then it wasn't a "clean p1" and had to restart again tomorrow...silly, isn't it???

Sarah

beachgal 05-02-2005 10:44 AM

Gina, welcome! I loved how different I felt on this plan! Week two of Phase 1 is MUCH easier. :)

Welcome to all the other newbies, too! Do post an introduction to yourself as a separate thread and feel free to post in the daily thread, too! :D

I binged last night, unfortunately. :p But today I'm back on track and not looking back. :strong: Started out the day with weightlifting, and will end it at Jazzercise. Pounding my water, and already been to the bathroom once this morning. ;)

Breakfast was cottage cheese with grape tomatoes and 8 oz of 1% milk. Snack was one cup of plain FF yogurt with cinnamon and vanilla SF syrup. Lunch will be a salad with spring mix, brocco slaw, cabbage, tomatoes, cajun turkey breast, soy nuts, and asiago parmesan dressing. I'll also have a side of refried beans with LF cheddar cheese. Snack this afternoon will be celery and laughing cow cheese. Dinner tonight is the Fireside soup and then a cup of cocoa and PB cup. :D

I'm feeling much better already. :cloud9: Have a great day chickies...you can do this!!! :workout:

beachgal 05-02-2005 10:48 AM

Oh darn, Anchor, I want to see your cutie! :D Try posting your pic at www.photobucket.com Then you can just copy the URL under the picture and post it right in the body of your message. Put this code (without the * symbol) before the URL: [img*] and this code (without the * symbol) after it: [/img*]. Then you don't have to worry about size.

Tara, why do you think you keep sabotaging your weight loss? Are you really wanting to do this? Do you have people around you who sabotage you by offering things you know you don't want to eat? Is there food in your house that needs to be thrown out? I hear how sad you sound and I know you can be successful...you just need to analyze the situation and learn from it. You CAN do this! :strong: :grouphug:

Louise1013 05-02-2005 01:04 PM

this has not been as easy first day. I have been avoiding temptations because of the weigh in results this morning. I am too upset to even change my ticker. I don't want to admit that I am back up to 149. I am supposed to be at 144.

I am proud to say that I have successfully walked past the box of donuts in the teachers lounge about 7 times, the sprinkles were calling to me. I also walked down to the cafeteria at luch just to see if they possibly had something healthy, of course they didn't, just pizza and fries, so instead of giving in, I walked right back to my room. I didn't eat breakfast because of a time crunch and a headache, I had some cashew butter for a snack and I just had some turkey sausage and a cheese slice. I know there aren't any veggies, they are all at home in the fridge! I will have some broccoli or something good for me when I get home. I am just doing the best I can with what is available in this classroom of mine.

I will check in tonight. Good luck ladies, I am rooting for us. I have a feeling, this 2 weeks is going to work for me. I just need some serious help staying out of that m&m bag in my desk!

SarahLL1031 05-02-2005 03:16 PM

I am so glad that I don't have a problem with bread or sweets...my big thing today is fruit! I want an apple so bad!!! I like chocolate too..but, this is going to be all for the best, right??

I have the southbeach cookbook and I am pulling some P1 recipes out of there...

My goal is 125 this month..I have a gyn appt on 5/26 and I just want them to weigh me and have it be 125!!! I am taking it 5lbs a month...my ultimate goal is 110. I am only 5'1" !!

Nice to be here...you guys all seem very sweet.

-Sarah-

beachgal 05-02-2005 05:20 PM

Louise, planning ahead for success helps so much on this plan. So, tonight, make the time to make up some little baggies of SBD safe snacks, and pack your lunch. Don't fall into this problem again, okay? A baggie with some celery and a wedge of Laughing cow is easy and yummy. A hard boiled egg and a handful of grape or cherry tomatoes. A bowl of 3 bean or Broccoli and Cheese salad. Etc. What about a frozen package of green beans or broccoli that you can heat up in the micro and put some smart balance on? Or sprinkle some lowfat cheese on it? You can do this!!! And throw those M&Ms out! :D

SarahLL1031 05-02-2005 05:27 PM

question everyone...
Are salted peanuts legal on P1?

Thanks,
Sar

Louise1013 05-02-2005 05:40 PM

Laurie,

Thanks for all the help.

I am going to work on this tonight.