3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase 1 Start on Monday, May 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/57145-phase-1-start-monday-may-2-a.html)

SarahLL1031 04-29-2005 12:14 PM

Phase 1 Start on Monday, May 2

Hi guys..I am planning on starting Phase 1 on Monday...May 2nd. I have been posting on the Sugar Busters! thread for awhile and now I would like to jump start my summer again and go back to P1 of South Beach. I have lost a ton on South Beach before..

Are there any phase 1 support groups on this thread?

Thanks,
Sarah

soon2Bfab 04-29-2005 12:21 PM

Sarah - all the ladies in this forum are supportive & great! We usually "meet" in the daily forum. Please join us!!! Good luck on phase I (I'm currently revisiting phase I, today is day 4!)

Bamiegurl 04-29-2005 02:44 PM

Hey welcome aboard! I think half of us revisit p-1 each month! lol

Ruthxxx 04-29-2005 02:52 PM

Here's the weekly Phase I start thread! (All I did was edit the title.)

beachgal 04-29-2005 02:56 PM

Sarah, I think I'll be joining you. :) My sourdough bread binging this week has me craving again. :rolleyes: My fault, entirely. But a week or so of Phase 1 ought to bring it back into control. :)

Don't forget to clear your house of off plan stuff, and do lots of shopping. Meet you here, Monday! :D

SarahLL1031 04-29-2005 02:57 PM

Good good good!! I am excited..I am feeling so fluffy and want to drop these unwanted pounds. Like I said before, I lost a ton on SouthBeach before...and know I can do it again..but, I just need to motivate myself. I know that doing it will take a lot of patience...but, the support is what I need..I need to gain control of myself again.

I hope that I can meet some nice new people on this thread too...I have made a lot of friends on the Sugar Busters thread...they seem to have the same idea as SouthBeach too..a little different though.

Will check back frequently...

I will try to find that other forum!

-sarah-

Ruthxxx 04-29-2005 04:37 PM

Here's today's Daily, Sarah, and once again, welcome. There will probably be some other Phase I starters joining you by Monday.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57119

Ruthxxx 05-01-2005 07:43 AM

bump

kimberlydrn 05-01-2005 08:54 AM

Hi. My name's Kim and this will be my first time doing Southbeach. I'm starting this morning. I'm a little anxious about cutting the sweet stuff out of my diet, because I am definitely an "addict". I'm excited though. I had lost 25 pounds previously, but have gained 10 back. I've got to get serious. I'm a faithful exerciser though, or I would've probably gained all of it back. Well, I'm off to make my first egg and turkey bacon breakfast. I hope I'm posting in the right place.
Kim

chilichick 05-01-2005 09:37 AM

I will start Monday as well and be very very dedicated and STRICT. I am off to Las vegas June 30 to see my favorite band, Red Hot Chili Peppers, ( hence my user name) perform and meeting lots of other fans. I want at least 15-20 pounds off by then. That gives me two months. I will be happy with 10 off and lots of inches. I am hitting the gym daily and WATER WATER WATER. I need to flush out my system.

Bamiegurl 05-01-2005 09:49 AM

Hey Kim welcome! You are in the right place!

Looks like I will be joinin y'all chicks myself. I have been on P-1 but this w-end has been a lil off! lol So I will need to detox again. lol!

Louise1013 05-01-2005 09:54 AM

I will be starting over as well. I got the weekend Cheats and need to go 2 weeks again.

Good luck to all of you. Enjoy your last day of crap!

Heidi 05-01-2005 09:08 PM

Hi All, I'm going back to Phase 1 too, trying to get past a seemingly endless plateau. Thanks Ruth and Ellis for pointing me to this thread - I didn't realize it was renewed each week for Phase 1 starters.

I've been on SB since last June. I lost the initial weight rather quickly and then stalled in November and have had a hard time losing again. It's the milestone, trying to get below the 200 mark, that is blocking me. Has anyone else had a problem number that throws a mental block your way?

I'm committed to at least a week of Phase 1 and daily walking. Hopefully the scale will move and my commitment will hold.

1day@atime 05-01-2005 11:23 PM

Hello Ladies,

Starting ph 1 AGAIN with you all tomorrow.

AZLowcarber 05-02-2005 12:07 AM

Best of luck to all of you! :)

SwimGirl 05-02-2005 02:43 AM

I should be starting tomorrow as well, just gotta make a pit stop at the veggie market!

Patty - fancy meeting you here ;) I was 2/3 rds on plan today... heh, almost, just not quite there!

-Aimee

chilichick 05-02-2005 06:13 AM

I went grocery shopping last night and stocked up on SB friendly things. I packed my breakfast ( fat free turkey roll ups), Lunch ( green salad with grilled chicken and one egg) and snacks ( 10 almonds and some laughing cow cheese with celery). I want to drink more water so I got some of those crystal light to go packets to leave at work. Dinner tonight is going to be lean steak and green beans.

Good Luck guys. We can do it!!

Heidi 05-02-2005 06:22 AM

Heh Chilichick, you seem really prepared. So far all I know is I'm having a veggie omelet for breakfast. It's a good idea to plan the meals a bit in advance, so I'm going to follow your lead.

Have a great Day1 on Phase1 every1.

Reg4242 05-02-2005 07:18 AM

Hi:

Good luck to all this week on phase one. I am on week 2 of phase 1. I was pleasantly surprise by how easy week 1 went. Some challenges came up but they were much easier to deal with than pre south beach. The result of week 1 were also impressive.
Being a life time weight watcher this is really a big change for me and I am blown away with the change. I love not being hungry.
Good Luck.

tar675 05-02-2005 07:30 AM

I'll be starting ph1 again as well this week! I cheated this weekend! I'm rather upset with myself considering h0w well I did last week and this weekend I threw all of that away! UGH! I feel like I'll never get to ph2. I keep messing up at starting over again.

anchor weight 05-02-2005 07:34 AM

Morning all!

I'm with ya on the detoxing. I had barbque, potato salad and chips & dip yesterday. :rolleyes: And yes - I behaved myself I just drank some wino and kept my mouth shut. :lol: DS's first communion went great I'm going to try to post a picture for you guys to check out. He looked so handsome.

I'm also restarting my workouts today. That is the hardest part for me is getting motivated to work out. Wish me luck.

anchor weight 05-02-2005 07:41 AM

Here we go. Ok I have to make it smaller. I'll try again later.

SarahLL1031 05-02-2005 10:03 AM

Hey guys..I am here...and starting today P1 again!!! I have lost a ton w/SouthBeach but put a couple of those pounds back on and I just want to make it to my goal now!

I will talk to you all later...hope everyone is doing well...

I was dreaming of failing by eating bread..isn't that funny?? But, didn't have that problem today..haha!! I don't even like bread...I just kept having this dream where I had toast and then it wasn't a "clean p1" and had to restart again tomorrow...silly, isn't it???

Sarah

beachgal 05-02-2005 10:44 AM

Gina, welcome! I loved how different I felt on this plan! Week two of Phase 1 is MUCH easier. :)

Welcome to all the other newbies, too! Do post an introduction to yourself as a separate thread and feel free to post in the daily thread, too! :D

I binged last night, unfortunately. :p But today I'm back on track and not looking back. :strong: Started out the day with weightlifting, and will end it at Jazzercise. Pounding my water, and already been to the bathroom once this morning. ;)

Breakfast was cottage cheese with grape tomatoes and 8 oz of 1% milk. Snack was one cup of plain FF yogurt with cinnamon and vanilla SF syrup. Lunch will be a salad with spring mix, brocco slaw, cabbage, tomatoes, cajun turkey breast, soy nuts, and asiago parmesan dressing. I'll also have a side of refried beans with LF cheddar cheese. Snack this afternoon will be celery and laughing cow cheese. Dinner tonight is the Fireside soup and then a cup of cocoa and PB cup. :D

I'm feeling much better already. :cloud9: Have a great day chickies...you can do this!!! :workout:

beachgal 05-02-2005 10:48 AM

Oh darn, Anchor, I want to see your cutie! :D Try posting your pic at www.photobucket.com Then you can just copy the URL under the picture and post it right in the body of your message. Put this code (without the * symbol) before the URL: [img*] and this code (without the * symbol) after it: [/img*]. Then you don't have to worry about size.

Tara, why do you think you keep sabotaging your weight loss? Are you really wanting to do this? Do you have people around you who sabotage you by offering things you know you don't want to eat? Is there food in your house that needs to be thrown out? I hear how sad you sound and I know you can be successful...you just need to analyze the situation and learn from it. You CAN do this! :strong: :grouphug:

Louise1013 05-02-2005 01:04 PM

this has not been as easy first day. I have been avoiding temptations because of the weigh in results this morning. I am too upset to even change my ticker. I don't want to admit that I am back up to 149. I am supposed to be at 144.

I am proud to say that I have successfully walked past the box of donuts in the teachers lounge about 7 times, the sprinkles were calling to me. I also walked down to the cafeteria at luch just to see if they possibly had something healthy, of course they didn't, just pizza and fries, so instead of giving in, I walked right back to my room. I didn't eat breakfast because of a time crunch and a headache, I had some cashew butter for a snack and I just had some turkey sausage and a cheese slice. I know there aren't any veggies, they are all at home in the fridge! I will have some broccoli or something good for me when I get home. I am just doing the best I can with what is available in this classroom of mine.

I will check in tonight. Good luck ladies, I am rooting for us. I have a feeling, this 2 weeks is going to work for me. I just need some serious help staying out of that m&m bag in my desk!

SarahLL1031 05-02-2005 03:16 PM

I am so glad that I don't have a problem with bread or sweets...my big thing today is fruit! I want an apple so bad!!! I like chocolate too..but, this is going to be all for the best, right??

I have the southbeach cookbook and I am pulling some P1 recipes out of there...

My goal is 125 this month..I have a gyn appt on 5/26 and I just want them to weigh me and have it be 125!!! I am taking it 5lbs a month...my ultimate goal is 110. I am only 5'1" !!

Nice to be here...you guys all seem very sweet.

-Sarah-

beachgal 05-02-2005 05:20 PM

Louise, planning ahead for success helps so much on this plan. So, tonight, make the time to make up some little baggies of SBD safe snacks, and pack your lunch. Don't fall into this problem again, okay? A baggie with some celery and a wedge of Laughing cow is easy and yummy. A hard boiled egg and a handful of grape or cherry tomatoes. A bowl of 3 bean or Broccoli and Cheese salad. Etc. What about a frozen package of green beans or broccoli that you can heat up in the micro and put some smart balance on? Or sprinkle some lowfat cheese on it? You can do this!!! And throw those M&Ms out! :D

SarahLL1031 05-02-2005 05:27 PM

question everyone...
Are salted peanuts legal on P1?

Thanks,
Sar

Louise1013 05-02-2005 05:40 PM

Laurie,

Thanks for all the help.

I am going to work on this tonight.

chilichick 05-02-2005 07:35 PM

I did okay today... I think.
I had a hard boiled egg this morning
Morning snack was hummus and celery
Lunch was a green salad wth grilled chicken
Afternoon snack was more celery with a wedge of Laughing cow cheese ( light swiss)
Dinner was hamburg patty with mustard and pickles. ( no one wanted steak)

I drank lots of water ( and visited the bathroom every ten minutes!) and went to the gym.

I so want to do this. I am ready for it and I NEED it.

Planning ahead does help and I am scanning the recipe threads for some good make ahead phase one meals. I am packing the lunch up for tomorrow so there will be no excuses.

SarahLL1031 05-02-2005 07:48 PM

Breakfast: 1 egg, spinach, cheddar cheese
Lunch: chef salad w/balsamic vinegar dressing and cheese/turkey
Snack: string cheese, peanuts (20)

Dinner: not yet...chicken stirfry w/fresh veggies

--
Does this look good for day 1/phase 1??

--
Sarah

bpw 05-02-2005 08:26 PM

Starting Phase 1 (again) today too!

I'd like to join you guys! It seems like there is such a big group of people starting on May 2!!! How wonderful!

I have been reading this forum for many months - its very encouraging. I have wanted to join before, but I really haven't 'gotten' this posting thing down... Hope I am doing it right!

Anyways, this is my 4th attempt at South Beach. I have lost and gained the same 15 pounds - I need to get way beyond that! I LOVE how I lose cravings after a few days, but TOTM always seems to make me week enough to cheat with chocolate - once I fall I don't get back on the wagon very soon. I hope this time is different. Gatherings and parties are my downfalls.

Looking forward to seeing all our success this time!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra.../0/20.5/0/.png

Louise1013 05-02-2005 08:34 PM

I would agree that parties are hard to get through. But I am trying to have a party be my goal to work towards. I am meeting my DH's high school friends for the first time in 2 weeks and I am terrified of what they will think of me. I know it doesn't matter, but I don't want anyone to think that he married a "chubby" girl. Also, the few people I have met, last saw me at my wedding when I weighed like 170. I want to get back down to my 8's by the party so I can have that WOW affect.

Beth - Glad to have you join us. I have done the SBD several times also, this time I am going to get it right though!

Sarah - I think that looks great. I never eat all my veggies, but good for you!

Reg4242 05-03-2005 07:14 AM

Hi Gang:

Week two is a little bit easier. I did learn to prepare lesson and I am bring snack & or lunch with me when I am out. My sister was impressed when I pulled out my celery and pepper with a string cheese this weekend shopping. But even more impressed when I gave her her's. Teamwork and support does help.

Good day to all.

Louise1013 05-03-2005 07:54 AM

Gina that is so good!! You are very motivated!

Barb0522 05-03-2005 09:48 AM

I haven't been on phase 1 in quite a long time but let me answer some of the questions that I have seen asked.

Yes, Sarah, salted peanuts are allowed on phase 1. The serving size would be 20 per day or 2 TBSP of peanut butter. One or the other. For peanuts, make sure that yours do not have any starches or sugars added. That was a real problem for me when I first started on Phase 1 and hadn't started reading labels as carefully as I do now.

Sarah - you want to try to get 4 1/2 cups of vegetables a day whether you are on phase 1 or phase 2. You may be getting that much but I couldn't tell. Try for a variety of vegetables and go for the higher nutritional ones. Beachgal posted a really great link on vegetable nutrition recently.

beachgal 05-03-2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahLL1031
question everyone...
Are salted peanuts legal on P1?

Thanks,
Sar

Sarah, you can have 20 salted peanuts (unshelled) a day. Only one serving a day, so if you have the peanuts, you can't have peanut butter or other nuts, okay? Be aware, too, that the salt can cause some water retention, so drink an extra 8 oz or more of water to combat that, okay? :D

beachgal 05-03-2005 10:11 AM

Chili, you need more veggies, especially ones with better nutrition. Celery and the greens have fiber, but not much else. What about peppers with hummus for the snack and then celery for your other snack? Some mushrooms and maybe broccoli in an omelet for breakfast instead of just the hard boiled egg? Or if you're on the go, some V-8 with the hard boiled egg? Or a handfull of grape tomatoes? Add broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower to your salad...radishes would be good too. And definitely have TWO sides of veggies with that burger. You are going to be famished and craving if you don't eat more veggies...and I know you want to succeed and look amazing at that concert!!! :flame: :grouphug:

Sarah, that looks good, but you are missing a snack in the morning (you need to eat them both to make this work and keep your blood sugar up) and a dessert after dinner. You did a great job incorporating veggies! :bravo: Sounds great!

Welcome, Beth! Since you know you cheat with chocolate, get it out of the house! Instead, get a couple of good SBD-safe chocolate items, like NSA fudgesicles, and SF pudding. You can do this! :strong:

Barb, you dear! :grouphug: Chickies, Barb is a WEALTH of information...I always go to her or Ruth when I need to know if something is kosher or not! :yes: I'm sorry I missed her post before I posted to Sarah...but I guess you all know everything you ever needed to know about nuts! :lol: Check out the FAQs for the amounts of other nuts.

Me:
Did well yesterday. Forgot my snack at home after lunch, but I ate at 2, so I wasn't really hungry for it until I got home, and dinner took a while too cook, so I had it then.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Smoothie made with FF plain yogurt, SF raspberry syrup, one scoop of protein powder, ice, and a smidge of 1% milk.
Snack: Red bell pepper with red pepper hummus
Lunch: Leftover Fireside soup with white beans (we added Rappini for extra veggies) and maybe some green beans with smart balance and garlic powder.
Snack: Celery with Laughing cow
Extra snack for class (I've got class from 6-9): broccoli stems with some dressing
Dinner: Chicken Divan
Dessert: PB cup and a cup of cocoa

No exercise because of class today. Good thing too, because I feel like I was in a barfight last night and then got the flu. These meds are making me wonky! :dizzy:

SarahLL1031 05-03-2005 12:41 PM

Hi guys..
Thanks to everyone for your comments..they really do help..sometimes it is hard to see what you yourself are doing and you need someone to bring things to your attention...I WELCOME IT!!!

Today, so far (and I was mommy-helper at my son's school)

B--2 eggs/over medium, 1sl canadia bacon, 1c asparagus
S--a few pieces of chicken leftover w/veggies(from last night's dinner)

Lunch should be chef salad w/balsamic vinegar dressing w/swiss cheese and rotisserie turkey breast

Snack (at work) should be califlower and celery, possibly string cheese too

Dinner should be pork chops, salad

(forgot, last night dessert--sugar free creamsicle)

I drink 10 bottles of water a day...so, I am sure I am getting my fluids in...it is just something I am addicted to...a good addiction..lol!!!

Take care guys, will check back later...
Sarah