3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase 1 Start on Monday, May 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/57145-phase-1-start-monday-may-2-a.html)

chilichick 05-02-2005 07:35 PM

I did okay today... I think.
I had a hard boiled egg this morning
Morning snack was hummus and celery
Lunch was a green salad wth grilled chicken
Afternoon snack was more celery with a wedge of Laughing cow cheese ( light swiss)
Dinner was hamburg patty with mustard and pickles. ( no one wanted steak)

I drank lots of water ( and visited the bathroom every ten minutes!) and went to the gym.

I so want to do this. I am ready for it and I NEED it.

Planning ahead does help and I am scanning the recipe threads for some good make ahead phase one meals. I am packing the lunch up for tomorrow so there will be no excuses.

SarahLL1031 05-02-2005 07:48 PM

Breakfast: 1 egg, spinach, cheddar cheese
Lunch: chef salad w/balsamic vinegar dressing and cheese/turkey
Snack: string cheese, peanuts (20)

Dinner: not yet...chicken stirfry w/fresh veggies

--
Does this look good for day 1/phase 1??

--
Sarah

bpw 05-02-2005 08:26 PM

Starting Phase 1 (again) today too!

I'd like to join you guys! It seems like there is such a big group of people starting on May 2!!! How wonderful!

I have been reading this forum for many months - its very encouraging. I have wanted to join before, but I really haven't 'gotten' this posting thing down... Hope I am doing it right!

Anyways, this is my 4th attempt at South Beach. I have lost and gained the same 15 pounds - I need to get way beyond that! I LOVE how I lose cravings after a few days, but TOTM always seems to make me week enough to cheat with chocolate - once I fall I don't get back on the wagon very soon. I hope this time is different. Gatherings and parties are my downfalls.

Looking forward to seeing all our success this time!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra.../0/20.5/0/.png

Louise1013 05-02-2005 08:34 PM

I would agree that parties are hard to get through. But I am trying to have a party be my goal to work towards. I am meeting my DH's high school friends for the first time in 2 weeks and I am terrified of what they will think of me. I know it doesn't matter, but I don't want anyone to think that he married a "chubby" girl. Also, the few people I have met, last saw me at my wedding when I weighed like 170. I want to get back down to my 8's by the party so I can have that WOW affect.

Beth - Glad to have you join us. I have done the SBD several times also, this time I am going to get it right though!

Sarah - I think that looks great. I never eat all my veggies, but good for you!

Reg4242 05-03-2005 07:14 AM

Hi Gang:

Week two is a little bit easier. I did learn to prepare lesson and I am bring snack & or lunch with me when I am out. My sister was impressed when I pulled out my celery and pepper with a string cheese this weekend shopping. But even more impressed when I gave her her's. Teamwork and support does help.

Good day to all.

Louise1013 05-03-2005 07:54 AM

Gina that is so good!! You are very motivated!

Barb0522 05-03-2005 09:48 AM

I haven't been on phase 1 in quite a long time but let me answer some of the questions that I have seen asked.

Yes, Sarah, salted peanuts are allowed on phase 1. The serving size would be 20 per day or 2 TBSP of peanut butter. One or the other. For peanuts, make sure that yours do not have any starches or sugars added. That was a real problem for me when I first started on Phase 1 and hadn't started reading labels as carefully as I do now.

Sarah - you want to try to get 4 1/2 cups of vegetables a day whether you are on phase 1 or phase 2. You may be getting that much but I couldn't tell. Try for a variety of vegetables and go for the higher nutritional ones. Beachgal posted a really great link on vegetable nutrition recently.

beachgal 05-03-2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahLL1031
question everyone...
Are salted peanuts legal on P1?

Thanks,
Sar

Sarah, you can have 20 salted peanuts (unshelled) a day. Only one serving a day, so if you have the peanuts, you can't have peanut butter or other nuts, okay? Be aware, too, that the salt can cause some water retention, so drink an extra 8 oz or more of water to combat that, okay? :D

beachgal 05-03-2005 10:11 AM

Chili, you need more veggies, especially ones with better nutrition. Celery and the greens have fiber, but not much else. What about peppers with hummus for the snack and then celery for your other snack? Some mushrooms and maybe broccoli in an omelet for breakfast instead of just the hard boiled egg? Or if you're on the go, some V-8 with the hard boiled egg? Or a handfull of grape tomatoes? Add broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower to your salad...radishes would be good too. And definitely have TWO sides of veggies with that burger. You are going to be famished and craving if you don't eat more veggies...and I know you want to succeed and look amazing at that concert!!! :flame: :grouphug:

Sarah, that looks good, but you are missing a snack in the morning (you need to eat them both to make this work and keep your blood sugar up) and a dessert after dinner. You did a great job incorporating veggies! :bravo: Sounds great!

Welcome, Beth! Since you know you cheat with chocolate, get it out of the house! Instead, get a couple of good SBD-safe chocolate items, like NSA fudgesicles, and SF pudding. You can do this! :strong:

Barb, you dear! :grouphug: Chickies, Barb is a WEALTH of information...I always go to her or Ruth when I need to know if something is kosher or not! :yes: I'm sorry I missed her post before I posted to Sarah...but I guess you all know everything you ever needed to know about nuts! :lol: Check out the FAQs for the amounts of other nuts.

Me:
Did well yesterday. Forgot my snack at home after lunch, but I ate at 2, so I wasn't really hungry for it until I got home, and dinner took a while too cook, so I had it then.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Smoothie made with FF plain yogurt, SF raspberry syrup, one scoop of protein powder, ice, and a smidge of 1% milk.
Snack: Red bell pepper with red pepper hummus
Lunch: Leftover Fireside soup with white beans (we added Rappini for extra veggies) and maybe some green beans with smart balance and garlic powder.
Snack: Celery with Laughing cow
Extra snack for class (I've got class from 6-9): broccoli stems with some dressing
Dinner: Chicken Divan
Dessert: PB cup and a cup of cocoa

No exercise because of class today. Good thing too, because I feel like I was in a barfight last night and then got the flu. These meds are making me wonky! :dizzy:

SarahLL1031 05-03-2005 12:41 PM

Hi guys..
Thanks to everyone for your comments..they really do help..sometimes it is hard to see what you yourself are doing and you need someone to bring things to your attention...I WELCOME IT!!!

Today, so far (and I was mommy-helper at my son's school)

B--2 eggs/over medium, 1sl canadia bacon, 1c asparagus
S--a few pieces of chicken leftover w/veggies(from last night's dinner)

Lunch should be chef salad w/balsamic vinegar dressing w/swiss cheese and rotisserie turkey breast

Snack (at work) should be califlower and celery, possibly string cheese too

Dinner should be pork chops, salad

(forgot, last night dessert--sugar free creamsicle)

I drink 10 bottles of water a day...so, I am sure I am getting my fluids in...it is just something I am addicted to...a good addiction..lol!!!

Take care guys, will check back later...
Sarah

thelastdietjen 05-03-2005 01:01 PM

hello every one just signed up becasue i am having a hard time in the south beach diet some things are a little confusing i use to be oon weight watchers so that is probably why i am having a hard time switching i am in my second day on phase two dont get me wrong i am lossing i just have some questions that is any one could ansewer is would be so helpful. like in the new book when it show amounts is that oer day ? please help

Ruthxxx 05-03-2005 01:33 PM

Welcome to The Beach, Jen.
First of all, the book is great but the food list has been updated. I'm not sure if the new book has those changes. Be sure to check out the revised Phase I food list in the Frequently Asked Questions Sub-Forum!
Yes, amounts shown are per day.

Bamiegurl 05-03-2005 03:29 PM

Hey Jen welcome to our beach!

beachgal 05-03-2005 04:29 PM

Hi, Jen, welcome!

Feel free to post a new thread introducing yourself and asking your questions. You'll get the most response that way. And do join us in the daily thread! :D

ilovemyluckycat 05-03-2005 08:58 PM

Hi!

I started SB P1 on Sunday. I've never done the SB, but I am an experienced dieter! :D I don't find the eating too hard...I guess I feel a little overloaded on eggs...so P2 will be nice when I can make a protein smoothie..with fruit.

I miss fruit and yogurt the most, but it isn't too bad.

How many people are on this because they want to avoid diabetes and heart illness? I have three generations of adult (fat) diabetes behind me, so that was a big part in why I choose SB.

One more question: on P1 can I have sugar free jello pudding?

And a tip..when the jello is almost set use a mixer and whip in 1/2 cup of plain no fat yogurt. Let the jello set again until firm. It gives it a wonderful tangy zip!

I'm happy to be back at 3fatchicks!

Sandi