South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 02:05 PM   #1  

Angry new here

Hi i'm Kristin I just started the South Beach diet yesterday, and had a quick question. I was wondering if you were supposed to get flu like symptoms on the second day? Is this your body going through withdrawals? If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

thanks Kristin
Old 10-07-2003, 02:29 PM   #2  
Imagine...

I didn't hear of anyone having flu like symptoms. Just headaches & being tired/lack of energy. Hope you feel better & welcome
Old 10-07-2003, 06:18 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Welcome Kristin. This is a great place to come. If your symptoms last longer or you have a fever, then it isn't Phase 1. Probably the real thing. But I think the headache is a normal part of sugar withdrawal, if you have been a big sweets eater. Lizzie
Old 10-07-2003, 06:27 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Kristin. Most people do have some symptoms the first few days as their bodies detox from the evil bad carbs. It could be from that or it could be just the darn old tummy flu!
I hope you feel better quickly!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:44 AM   #5  
Mous

WELCOME Kristin

I suffered headaches for 2 days then constipation!

Both are now gone.

Join us at the DAILY, Just Chat, bootcamp and our MSN board.

Happiness to you

Lady
Old 10-08-2003, 07:58 AM   #6  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Kristen, welcome aboard! Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Hope you get back to normal soon! Hopefully it is just your body detoxing and you'll be better very soon!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Hi Kristin! Sure hope you start feelin better soon. I felt weak and got awful headaches. Welcome to the beach
Old 10-08-2003, 10:35 AM   #8  

Greetings Kristin, as a fellow newbie I welcome you to the board.

The flu like symptoms I have read about and experienced more when I was on the Atkins plan.
On the Atkins boards they call it "induction flu" but since we don't do induction I see it more as your body adjusting to the non-sugar laden state.

I'm still struggling with my low carb bar needs. Some people eat them, others won't lose if they do.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:47 AM   #9  

Welcome Jocaro and Kristin! Hope you both feel well and welcome to the beach! Pull up a beach blanket, umbrella...and maybe we'll share a cabana boy! This is one of the most amazing sites you've ever experienced!!! Enjoy yourself, your new friends and all while you get HEALTHIER! "See" ya soon!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:08 AM   #10  

Default New Here, Too!

Hi, I'm new here too. I'm on day 3 of Phase 1. I felt sick on the first night, too.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:18 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Welcome all the newbies...

I too experience those detox systems, you most likely are sugar sensitive. The good news is that the less sugar you eat, the more likely your hunger will go away.

Stick with it, it will pass, drink lots of water.....hydration is very important here on the beach!!!

Good Luck and keep posting.....

rb
Old 10-08-2003, 11:41 AM   #12  

Default thanks everyone

I just wanted to thank evertone for all the words of encouragement. But I needed a little sugar cause I was having trouble taking care of my children. Hopefully I can get back on track. I think once I start taking vitamins I will be ok.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:45 AM   #13  
In Control: E+R=O

WELCOME Krissy, Jocaro, and Riley!!

Krissy, when you're feeling like you need a little something to keep you going, try to eat some protein. I find that works so much better for me than sugar. Protein will cause a smaller increase in your insulin response, and you won't "crash" soon after eating it like you will with sugar. Try things like a spoon of peanut butter, a handful of nuts, a hardboiled egg, or a slice of cheese....

Jocaro, if you do eat the low carb bars, be sure to really take a look at the ingredients. I know some of them are filled with saturated fat and trans fats (partially hydrogenated oils). This WOE (way of eating) is not only about eating the right kinds of carbs but also about eating the right kind of fats. And you're right, from what I've heard they do slow down the weight loss for some people.

Riley, I love your name! It's the same name as the black dog in my avatar! (NOT saying you're a dog )
Closed Thread