South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Just a quick check-in to let you all know that I haven't fallen off of the P1 wagon. I'm on Day 9 and feeling great!! I'm honestly not craving ANYTHING and I've dropped 6 lbs. since July 27th. My goal for P1 was to lose a total of 3 lbs. which would have put me at 179 on Aug. 9th.

My birthday is on Saturday, but I have already planned ahead. DH is going to BBQ some chicken fajitas and bell peppers for us and I'll have that on top of a big grilled salad. Our annual ranch rodeo is this weekend, so we'll probably go watch the boys work, which will be a great distraction from the hot dogs, hamburgers and tacos being passed around.

I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to catch up with what's going on and who is new to the thread tonight after work.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #47  
~jus' being me~

Great going Kim & LaMariposa Mari (sorry its almost 1am and I have been working since 9am YESTERDAY so am taking liberties with your name ) - great idea on the pre chopping veg! I am so scattered at the moment - hopefullY I can get home from work at a reasonable-ish hour tomorrow and do some prep work.

Ricotta w/vanilla splenda and cinammon was LOVE tonight!

Last edited by Madison; 08-04-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #48  

Hi, Danni! Thanks! Why haven't I tried the Ricotta Creme with cinnamon?! Doh! That's dessert tonight for sure.

Oooh...I think there's some pumpkin pie spice in the cupboard, too. I'll try that tomorrow!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 08-04-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #49  
~jus' being me~

I was a total non-believer of the ricotta but its realllly good and a little goes a long way
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #50  

Yeah, this is the first time I've done P1 and eaten the ricotta. It's delicious and certainly helps me get through hungry evenings!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #51  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi! I posted an intro thread, but would like to join in here, too. I'm on Day 4 of phase 1 -- I'm doing a phase 1.5 (adding 2 fruits a day, and can add one whole grain, but tried it once and won't do it again!) per my doctor's advice. I had a scary racing, flopping heart episode last week, which is what spurred me to start eating properly one more time, and my doctor was worried about electrolyte imbalance -- for me, not a problem generally! I'm old

So far so good. I lost 5 pounds the first two days! I've had no cravings, and it's been very easy -- and pleasant! -- to stick to plan. My biggest challenges are going to be breaking bad habits -- mostly caused by laziness. I love vegetables if someone else cooks them. I bought some packets of precut veggies from Whole Foods to get me through this first week. My former eating habits were...grab anything around that you can eat instantly, or fry something, or put bread on an English muffin and then slap on some jelly. So a lot of habits to break, but it's been easy so far.

I'm another No Milk! person. I thought the book said UP TO 2 servings daily, not that you MUST have two servings daily. I've never tried plain yogurt (holding nose) but I do eat ff cheeses.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. Kleo -- congratulations!!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #52  
Beach Babe in Training

S/C/G: 185.8/180.2/145

Height: 5' 9"

You guys are all doing so great!!

Xan, try mixing some plain yogurt with a packet of splenda and some cinnamon. That sure does the trick for me, love my yogurt for a morning snack almost every day!!

And if you check out the PB cup recipe (yumm-o!!), after I finish that, a glass of ff milk is the perfect chaser!
CindieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #53  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
My biggest challenges are going to be breaking bad habits -- ---- My former eating habits were...grab anything around that you can eat instantly, or fry something
Xan, There are things you can fry; a burger patty, salmon patty(check ingredients), a lean piece of steak, or chicken. The key here is having them avaliable when you are at the point of "grabbing anything around". By thinking ahead, and stocking up you will be able to grab the right thing.

I had a packet of sliced turkey, individual packages of string or laughing cow cheese, I made a batch of jello every day when I was craving a bit of sweet, and a 3 bean salad(check recipes) made w/splenda. All preplanned to grab when needed. I always have sf fudgesicles in the freezer but am very strict and limit myself to one.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-04-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 193/seeticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
I always have sf fudgesicles in the freezer but am very strict and limit myself to one.
I can't seem to find sugar free fudgesicles ANYWHERE. I can find "no sugar added" but these don't seem as "legal" to me. Are they the same or should i avoid the "no sugar added" label?
LaMariposa018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #55  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

The "no sugar added" fudgesicles are just fine!...they are legal, thank Gawd!
I think they were the saving grace for me in phase 1...and I still love em.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #56  

No sugar added is what you should have. They won't be sugarfree because of the lactose in the milk that makes the fudgesicles but that is okay.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #57  
~jus' being me~

Oh I so can't do the SF ice cream. Bad bad reaction! Are those fudgesicles like the skinny cow ones?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #58  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Xan, There are things you can fry; a burger patty, salmon patty(check ingredients), a lean piece of steak, or chicken. The key here is having them avaliable when you are at the point of "grabbing anything around". By thinking ahead, and stocking up you will be able to grab the right thing.

I had a packet of sliced turkey, individual packages of string or laughing cow cheese, I made a batch of jello every day when I was craving a bit of sweet, and a 3 bean salad(check recipes) made w/splenda. All preplanned to grab when needed. I always have sf fudgesicles in the freezer but am very strict and limit myself to one.
Thank you, Lexxiss! I got a grill pan for this adventure, so that I wouldn't get too much fat. I cooked ahead a bit and htat's what's saved me so far. But these are great ideas.

I just added fudgesicles to my shopping list -- and thanks for all the information on fudgesicles!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #59  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

This is what I buy:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fudgsicle-no-sugar-added-763758.jpg (16.1 KB, 2 views)
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #60  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni View Post
Are those fudgesicles like the skinny cow ones?
Skinny Cow is not SB friendly. Fudgesicles have sugar and corn syrup. The brand I buy here is "Breyers-Carb Smart" sweetened with Splenda. One bar has 3 grams of sugar , though sugar is not a listed ingredient. Possibly occuring naturally in another ingredient?

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-04-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote