South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #31  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Happy birthday Kara!

Today was a good day (other than the bathroom issue :P) I'm down another belt loop and even that is kind of big- not big enough to be an issue but big enough to put a few fingers in between my pants and tummy! And no muffining that way too (if I'm standing up at least...). My scale hasn't moved much but oh well! I care more about the physical than the scale.

I left work early today because they needed a computer, and at this point all I'm doing is updating the database and data entry, so I'm the expendable intern. :P It's good though.. I was able to try out an Indian buffet across the street from my apartment that is normally packed- but since I held off lunch with a few snacks until later (my office is packed with food all the time- we have crates of bananas and oranges delivered a few times a week. heaven!), it was near empty when I went. They give you naan with your meal, but I asked for whole wheat anything and in 5 minutes they came running out with whole wheat roti, and didn't charge me for it extra. Happy Allie! I'm getting to be a big fan of chickpea curry. It probably wasn't the healthiest meal, but there was nothing straight off the bat that was bad about it and I ate in moderation.

Also, I popped into a convenience store across the street (you would think I would have explored these places...) to get a soda since I was desperately needing caffeine, and I found that HALF of the store is Indian food! Dry beans, spice mixes, frozen foods, some veggies! Not the best for every day, but I've had frozen palak paneer and it's not always bad, depending on the nutritional info. So I can do that rather than order out in a pinch. Plus, I always love trying new beans and curries and such. I'm really excited- went straight to my favorite Indian recipe site to find what I can do with some of the beans!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:16 AM   #32  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Allie, I love Indian food, although I'm so wimpy about spicy stuff that I have to be picky about what I'll eat. Tom's brother is married to an Indian gal and she's promised to teach me how to make a couple dishes. I was in heaven at their wedding, with the entire buffet being vegetarian!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, all!!! It's not even the 26th yet where you are, so Lisa you're not technically late! You all are so nice!

Kara
Closed Thread