Old 03-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies are NOT MUNCHING MADLY in March

You have been told
Got to admit - it is March. Forgot all about it yesterday

To go back to the old thread click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...-february.html

Susie will need to close the old thread.

Last edited by Shad; 03-01-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:48 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Girls,

Sorry I didn't get in earlier to set up the new thread. My Monday - Wednesdays are kinda busy with early morning PT Mon/Wed and Thrift Shop on Tuesdays so I barely do more than a quick view those days.

Thank you for setting up the new thread Shad. Glad to hear you finally got some rain although I'm sorry to hear you had to sacrifice your laundry to the rain gods to get them to comply. Sounds like you are busy taking care of business on this fine March day.

Anne - thanks for the tip on the Biotin. Really 10,000 as in THOUSAND units??? I am willing to try it - hair and nails are bleh. Sorry the kiddos are sick. Bad thing about kids - they get sick. Then you get sick and there is no time to rest.

I could not wait until Sunday and watched the last episode of Downton Abbey - also wanted to make sure the CDs I ordered worked. I will say that they tried to tie up many storylines and I will miss that show. Didn't like the first 2 episodes this season very much but they it found it's grove again. I posted on Facebook - there is another show about Queen Victoria I think on PBS that will take it's place. I will give it a try.

At Monday's physical therapy she tried "dry needling". It's like a cousin to acupuncture but releases the tightness in the muscle. Like the cortesone shot it's not the most pleasant while it's happening but it does tend to provide relief afterwards. One side is not as sore as it was on Monday but I am still having a difficult time doing stairs (going down). I did 6 minutes on the bike which I am pleased with. Especially when DH proudly said he did 8. I think I will start with every other day.

DH picked me up from the thrift shop - got home and I realized I had not shut down the computer at the shop - I was logged into my personal email account because I had to send out the monthly sales report. Since we needed to run back into town, I wanted to sweeten the pot and offered pizza to DH who had been talking about it. Well, even though I got a mostly veggie pizza, my stomach complained of heartburn which I have not had in probably 2 months. DH said his was not as good as when the pizzaria first opened so I guess that's it for us. Although I do like Pizza Hut's vegetable pizza with spinach, vegetables and finished with a balsamic drizzle. Still too pointy. I hope this does not screw up weigh in this week. I made a curried chicken and lentil soup from a Food network recipe and took it to the shop today. The ladies chowed down on it. Not bad if I say so myself. I gave 2 friends the rest to take home and one of those friends gave me a bowl of Greek Egg Lemon soup she made yesterday so fair trade.

I'm sorry to skip personals. If I hurry to bed now (and stop to clean kitty litter boxes), I will get a whole 5 hours of sleep. Not enough but I forgot to keep an eye on time.

Not sure if I will get back here later - after physical therapy I have a short break and then yoga starts again. And Mount Washmore is ever growing. And I accidently flushed a pork rib bone down the loo on Sunday so I am watching that carefully hoping I did not screw up the plumbing...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HUMP DAY! and all that goes with it....bleh

Even tho it is a cold morning at 19 degrees, the sun is shining very nicely. Looks warmer than it really is and I have to say it is starting to get light out as I leave the house. A definite plus. Stomach is giving me fits already this morning...hello TUMS. Report day but will be leisurely done as no interruptions from the office folks or sales peeps as all are at the National Sales Meeting in Denver. In-house vacation.

Made mushroom burgers and potato fries in the oven last night for dinner. Put a piece of swiss cheese on the burgers and that was dinner. Easy Peasy. C eats anything and brags on everything, who really knows if it is good or not. haha. Watched a couple of episodes of 24, then the Voice and off to slumber land. Other than C waking me up with putting Sassy out at 3 am to potty, it was a great night's sleep. Probably would not have woken up except he forgot to turn the alarm off so it blared and blabbered and that is what woke me up. Oh well...

SHADDIE...I just went through all the medical crap you are doing now. Got my letter yesterday saying the b**b squish was normal and no issues. I go for another pap in June to follow up on the cervical junk. bleh. Thanks for starting the new thread.

HAPPY...some things on pizza gives my cousin heartburn like the onions and green peppers. If she leaves those two items off, she can eat with no issues. Funny how different foods effect some and not others. Broccoli is the only thing I steer clear of and that has only been since bariatric surgery. YES, the biotin is 10,000 as in thousands anything less I did not get any benefit from. It wasn't until I read something about you need to take that amount to even tell the difference. It was right. You and I need to drink cortisone syrup, if that were possible. I am way over all this achy stuff as I know you are. I can't imagine my achy parts being pushed and pulled around for therapy. OMGoodness, I would probably swat someone.

Hello to the rest of you beauties.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

6 months and counting till retirement. I'm really excited. Messaged my sister last night in Missouri.
Got in my 7k steps and 20 minute walk. I'm still having problems with my Fitbit showing a low battery level. This morning I took it apart to discover that I didn't install the battery correctly. I didn't see the open and close emblems. I will see if this helps.
Ate a bowl of Campbell's vegetable soup last night and I'm bloated this morning. It was really to salty to eat but I did. Not sure what the veggies were didn't recognize any of them except carrots.

Shad
Thanks for setting up the new thread. I'm sure the rain was appreciated, even the clothes will benefit even though it may have taken longer to dry.

Laura
Did your new washer and dryer arrive?

Happy
Glad you are starting easy on the bike. On my bike for every 5 minutes I ride I accumulate 1 mile, but I'm also pedaling between 13.5 to 14 miles an hour. You can work up a good sweat in no time. Glad your DH is also riding.

Annie
Our daylight hours are getting longer also. I'm liking it a bunch. I could barely see this morning on the way to work cause of the sun.
I've never tried a spinach pizza. May do that this week end.

Hello's to Susie and Michelle who are probably busy at work.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #5  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Super quick post for me. Very busy at work...trying to juggle several projects....but it's all manageable. Yesterday was a great day at work. I got a lot done. I got a phone call from a Director telling me what a great job I did on a PowerPoint presentation for a website project meeting this coming Friday. She said she liked how I outlined the pros/cons with the current site, and contrasted them with the new design and functionality. Wow, that never happened to me in the corporate world! Then during lunchtime, our Chief of Shelter Medicine catered a delicious lunch to celebrate her dog Scout's 17th birthday!! The whole staff loved on the little guy and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. And while I've worked for companies that celebrated staff birthdays, this was even better! Doggies were invited too...and dog treat goodie bags were given. A great time was had by all.

Anyway, I've got a lot to get done...a bunch of changes I'm working on for one of our websites...well, let's just say that the code is not cooperating.

Hope you all have a great day!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:16 PM   #6  

Afternoon all.

Shad – Thanks for setting up the new thread for us. Yay for the rain. Did you just leave the clothes on the line? Do you ever leave them on the line overnight?

Happy – I will miss Downton. I was flipping channels last night and ended up watching the 1995 movie “Sense and Sensibility” with Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman, and Hugh Grant (and another Hugh - Hugh Laurie). I enjoyed it. I'll have to watch for the PBS show about Victoria. Good for you on the bike. Nothing like a bit of competition to keep you going. Boo on the heartburn. Is it the pizza sauce? I love pizza and would find it difficult to give that up! Fingers the plumbing survived the rib bone!

Annie – Yeh, even though it’s chilly today, it’s nice to have the sun shining brightly. More snow coming later tonight, so I don’t know if it will have clouded up by the time I leave work. Hurray for a good night’s sleep! LOL re C bragging on everything. Is that everything you make or everything/anything ranging from home-cooked to fast food swill??? Onions will give me heartburn too, good thing I don’t like them raw at all, and also not unless they are minced tiny and cooked down to nearly nothing in a soup, stew, chili, etc.

Ceejay – Oh gosh, retirement is getting closer and closer for you – this last 6 months is going to go by quickly. I kind of wish my fitbit ran on regular batteries. It’s inconvenient for me to have to use the charging dongle and hooking it up to a USB port on the computer/laptop. Yeh, those canned soups are awfully salty. Such a difference from homemade. The washer/dryer are on order and not in stock. They have to come from the distributor and get to the store, and then we can set up a delivery date. Sigh. I see another trip to the laundromat in my future...

Michelle – Awww, doggie birthday parties. Another nice perk for you and Santa!

Hellos to Susie and Dee. Terra are you lurking out there too?
--
Nothing much to report. I failed on my plank challenge last night - came up ~30 seconds short - and did not give it another go later on. I'll try again tonight. Odd that I successfully completed the same length plank the night before... I think part of it was I was wearing just socks and my feet were slipping inside them. Tonight I’ll either be barefoot or wear shoes.

I submitted the last receipt I need to obtain reimbursement of the remaining balance of my 2015 FSA. Hopefully no issues crop up and I will shortly be done with that PITA.

Based on the response from the mail order rx co, I don’t think I will win my battle with them. My objection to them not heeding the payment authorization limit on the credit card I have on file with them apparently does not make a difference to them. When they get an rx, they process it right away. It's apparent that I will have to get the rx pricing and make a decision on it before submitting the rx to them. Payment issues appear to be a separate matter. I suppose if I didn’t have a payment card on file for autopay, I would have a stronger argument by withholding payment…until I needed my other rx’s filled, LOL. I think I give up on this and will use the 90-day supply of this expensive med and then try out another (FREE) sample of something less expensive after that. Live and learn. Being on this high deductible health plan is opening my eyes to the costs of some of these meds and why it’s a contributor to the current state of health care costs.

Bf is going to see the movie “The Witch” tonight with his pals, and I have a hair appointment. Just a touch up tonight, but I know my stylist and I will talk about my haircut too. I'll confess to not spending any time styling my hair, but will tell her I’m pretty happy with it and that I like how it looks when I just use a spray gel on it. At this much shorter length, my hair’s natural wave/slight curl doesn’t get weighed down and the gel helps with that.

That’s it for me. Before more distractions, I'll get this posted. Enjoy what's left of your day!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:36 AM   #7  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I have an art class in an hour - drawing postcards. I should be in the shower or making my lunch so just a quick hello from me.

Laura - right in cahoots with the insurance companies are the pharmaceutical places. I'm sorry you got stuck with such a huge bill.

Michelle - I think you did the right thing picking a fun job over more money. Work is hard enough.

Ceejay - glad you are getting excited about retirement.

Annie - thanks for the Biotin advice - I am going to try it. Hope your tummy calmed down.

Shad - did all your medical to-do's get done?

Hi Susie

Sorry this is short - I am always running behind just like the White Rabbit! Have a good one chicks.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:10 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening Everyone of you Beauties!

Peaceful night. Stopped by Sam's, had to get some info off of the Cs truck registration that they are borrowing since their engine blew on their vehicle back in November. We are going to sign the title over to them and just give it to them. It is a 2003 Dodge Durrango with only 125000 miles on it. Great condition, just needs a bit of babying. It has 3rd row seating therefore they have enough room for all the family when Ainsley is there. Anyway, watched a bit of Mickey Mouse Club House with the boys before heading home. What a way to take yourself out of your own thoughts. I bought a Murphy's Pizza (the kind you bake at home) on the way home from work. It had a white garlic sauce then, spinach, artichokes, mushroom, onions, black olives and cheese. C ate it but then said, "Can I tell you something without hurting your feelings?" I..well of course. "That was the most horrible pizza I ever ate". LMBO. I loved it, right up my alley. I am still chuckling...LAURA...there you go, C did not like that pizza. Of course I was imagining a million things in that 3 seconds of the feeling hurter thing he was going to tell me. That was not it. My ankle, not my knee, was giving me fits last night. Felt like someone pulled and pulled but could not get my foot to come off, hence the pain remained. BS. On the bed I went, rubbed it down with Volterin Gel and rested. THIS IS GETTING OLD. Oh yeah, be greatful I am upright and can walk.

HAPPY...have a hoot at your art class. Make some pretty postcards. Think of DHs pictures of flowers and butterflies that will certainly make lovely postcards.

LAURA...maybe your heart was just not into the plank challenge the other night, I know mine was not...lol. "The Witch", have not heard of that one either. Did BF like it? I will have to google it. I love hair appts, I don't care what they are doing with my hair, just mess with it. lol.

CHELLE...happy birthday Scout! What a fun place to work. I would never get anything done there as I would be loving on all the animals. Better busy than sitting around trying to find things to do at work. Glad you are in a happy place in life. Hugs

CEEG...6 months till retirement. OMGoodness that will go fast. Me...9 years and 3 months if I go at 65, looking at 67 tho. I am afraid if I do not work I will turn into my momma and just sit around, get fatter, and need assistance, don't want that at all. I tell you, once I hit 50 my spunk and motivation for anything went right out the door. I don't even like to clean anymore and that was one of my favorites. I truly am scaring me.

Hello to all the chicka's. Hugs too!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

SHADDIE...how did the tests come out??
Old 03-03-2016, 12:57 PM   #10  

Morning all.

Happy – Enjoy your art class today. Let us know what kind of postcard(s) you created.

Annie – LOL re C’s pizza comment – so he does say something. Too funny, since you really liked it, it probably made it all the more difficult to tell you he didn’t! So sorry you’ve been in pain – ankle, knee – you poor thing. I hope it eases up and gives you a break!! The movie “The Witch” is a horror film. Bf liked it alright, but I could tell it by the way he spoke that it wasn’t something he would watch again. I don’t care for horror films, so I won’t bother. Heck, I still want to see “Spotlight”, tells you how far behind I am with my movie-watching.

Hellos to the rest of you!! Hope you’re busy having a great day!!
==
Nothing much to report. I had my hair appointment. I remembered to make my next one, which helps because otherwise I’m suddenly faced with gray roots and no appointment.

I forgot to do the plank challenge last night until I was getting ready for bed and didn’t want to do it then. So I will get back to it tonight.

That’s it for me. Yup, pretty darn dull in my world right now. Cya later.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I'm working from home today trying to get a lot done without everyone showing up at my desk. We have IM but I didn't even turn it on today.

I put on my out of office and said: I'm working remotely today, please expect a delay in reponse to email.

Both my bosses are traveling this week and so I thought I would take advantage of working from home today.

It a good day to have stayed home. It's so cold and the snow is coming down like rain. It's not sticking anywhere, just snowing like it raining.

I had to go back to the kidney doctor today as a follow-up to my last apt 9 months ago to see if everything with the calcium level was holding steady. (Remember the parathyroid issue I had last year and they couldn't find any nodgels on it and so they wanted to be sure that is wasn't from my kidneys?, I did some reading and decided the increased calcium level was because of the Prilosec--because after I had take that for 3 months, we say this increase in my calcium level --I found it when I looked back at the blood draw reports. So I stopped it (and found another way to take care of heartburn---I try to stay low acid with the food).

Anyway, long story short, levels have stayed in normal range and she dismissed me from the clinic and told me to only come back if I started having issues again. I was so happy! I was also very happy with the BP reading today, 126/72. Exercise does help, even if I'm not dropping a ton of weight yet.

I have read through the personals and feel up-to-date on everyone. This group of ladies are very busy people...so much fun to hang around you all!

Happy: I am so proud of you and DH for getting on that bike! I think you are doing it that right way, starting out slowly. You want to be able to keep up a rhythm and make it a habit.

Laura: I would be mad as a wet chicken over that RX thing! I hope you find something less expensive for the long run.

I think it was you who asked if I was shadowing the VP Admin so I could fill in for her if she is out and yes that is the plan.

Also, she is retiring in July and our VP will be moving to Singapore in July, but coming back here once a month of so for a week. This was the set-up with our Director when I first came into the role I am in now and I supported the Director when she was here. That meant working very closely with her Admin there for her visit her. Always a lot of big face 2 face meetings.

They are thinking that will be the case with the VP and I'll be the one to support her here and work with her Admin in Singapore for the week she comes here.

I said I would love that opportunity and we would need to look at my work plan to see what can come off and maybe someone else needs to support my AD. I'm sure they will be talking with me. I will stand my ground. I can not take on anything else. Covering for someone when they are out for vacation is one thing but the ongoing support every month...something else I'm doing has to go. I say take budgets and support of the AD.

Speaking of work. I better get back to it.

Hi to all the rest of you!

I have closed the February thread.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 03-03-2016 at 03:59 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Tests - ummm yes - so far only the skin job and eyes. Oh and a haircut. Skin is fine. He froze off a skin tag which was becoming itchy but said it wasn't dangerous - sometimes I think they do that to justify their money. This is a government paid check. I just sign the paper and the government gives over the money. Something to be said for public health care. The same happens with boob squishes and pap smears. No payment required. Go in, flash your medicare card and it's all done. Still got to get to the doc about the last two and also so more diuretic tablets and some of the ointment. Blood pressure is apparently still fine . Oh yes and I went back to the eye doctor, who seemed not to understand what I was trying to say, however I just sat there until such time as I got more or less what I wanted. Will check it out with the next pair of test lenses.

Happy - this retirement thing is keeping you very busy. Seems that just happens when you start to enjoy life. Nice to see that you can almost keep up with the other half on the bike. You go girl. Hope the dry needling is still working and keeping pain at bay.
Soup swap - watch out for Happy's Soup Kitchen coming up in the future!! How did you like the egg and lemon soup? I've been tempted to make that myself. Hard when some of the good things of life give you heartburn. I put it down to additives myself. I'm certain some things still have MSG put in them and it is not supposed to be legal.

Annie - Funny that C hated the storebought pizza that you brought home and baked. The mushroom burgers sounded good. I need to get DS2 to fix my oven soon. It still goes, but one of the elements has given up, and needs replacing. I can use it on fan forced grill and put a baking tray above the food that is cooking but it takes a long time to heat up, so I need it fixed. I probably need to work out what the element is and then go buy one - once the stuff is sitting around he tends to get to it fast. Since he is still getting his food, he doesn't think about it much.

Ceejay: 6 months to retirement. Yeehaa. Time will go fast now. Yes the rain certainly was appreciated. Could do with a bit more - but not all at once, please.

Michelle: Nice that you enjoy this job enough not to be enticed by the recruiters and their promise of greater money (with longer hours) and the benefits which are only beyond belief until you get into negotiation.
Celebrating the dogs birthday - priceless

Laura: When it rains here, you don't have time to go get the washing off the line - you'd be wet through in minutes. So it got left there and rinsed thoroughly. Yes I have left the washing on the line overnight. A knicker nicking burglar would have to be fairly agile to get into the back yard and get out again without someone hearing him. Especially the ODDU who has ears like a bat and can pick up a flea farting from 2 rooms away.
Had my hair done yesterday. It is now shorter than before, back up to ear level and sort of layered. I got tired of the longer look with all the attendant problems of having to condition constantly and the curly/ wavy look - think Edith in Downton Abbey.

Susie: Sure hope that the job situation sorts itself out. You can not take on any more work surely. You are already doing the hours of two. Good on you for turning the dreaded IM off.

Okay - better get on with the day. J is off to the gym. Not sure whether dog is going with her or not. Not sure what the DS2 is up to (he is on an RDO), haven't seen him yet.
Oh, it seems that they are all going out. Yeehaa. Time to do some work without the aid of the dog.

Last edited by Shad; 03-03-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

Howdie Ladies...

TGIF FO SHO!! I see we are all pushing Jenny Craig these days, lol. NOT.

Let's see was gonna make baked pork chops for dinner however my brother stopped by at 4 to get his check and stayed til 6pm. Ended up just eating odds and ends, tonight will be pork chops. Nice visit with Michael. He said he was having a bit of swelling in the lymph nodes down low but they are not hurting yet. The doc confirmed that on Wednesday. Nothing that can be done about it. C and I watched a couple of episodes of 24 then went to bed. Oh and I did do a load of laundry. Tonight will be fold the towels I put in the dryer this morning. I am working a half day today and meeting Sis and the boys for lunch at Texas Roadhouse. Tomorrow morning is a meeting, then returning some shoes to Shoe Carnival. After that, hmmm, maybe a pedi. Not sure. C is on vacation next week, I am taking Thursday and Friday. Thursday we are doing the car thing, trade in, new car. Friday we are going to the Children's Museum with the babes. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's are showcased this month and Jacob will be excited. Saturday the 12th is Royce's 2nd birthday party, where the heck did that time go? No more babies really. boo hoo hoo

SHADDIE...I used to hang my clothes out on the line in the winter at night, they would freeze, then the next day they would dry and all the wrinkles would fall out. Remove once I got home from work and start over. Quite a nice process. All of my women doc appointments are paid for under the well care part of my medical insurance. Boobie squish, pap, butt jab, etc. All but the blood work. Ought to be all the $$ we pay out in premiums. So did J make up with ODDU?

SUSIE...good news on your kidney check up. YEAH! Don't you just love it when management is out of the office? I certainly do! Stand your ground when it comes to more work for you.

LAURA...No horror movies for me. I have too many strange dreams at night already, don't need that too. I will have to google Spotlight to see what that is about. Sheese, I am so far behind on everything.

HAPPY...DH is awesome. Pictures are beautiful. Love love love them. Thank you, thank you.

Hey to the rest of you....DEE please post. I worry about you.

Have a marvy weekend.

Hugs.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:06 PM   #14  
Choose your hard

gotta run to Walmart before the snow hits. Be back shortly
Old 03-04-2016, 12:48 PM   #15  

Morning all. TGIF!

Annie – Have a great half day off work today with lunch with the dd and grandbabies. Wow, little R will be 2 yrs old in a week!! Yup, where did that time go??!!

Shad – Glad the skin exam came out clear. Now for the female stuff... I’m thinking of switching gyn docs – I’ve always felt like my current gyn doc is always trying to upsell me. Plus now that I’m on the high deductible health plan, I don’t want any extra expense. What might have been only a co-pay could now end up as heaven only knows! I think I won't switch docs, but I’ll have my primary doc do that female stuff - at least I know that the one annual physical exam will be no cost to me since it is a wellness thing. So back to the shorter hair for you – certainly must be cooler in that hot humid weather you have! Hope you enjoyed your “alone time” at home. C’mon, I bet you really missed the ODDU!

Susie – Yay that the kidney is all good and doesn't require any more doctor visits! Nice that you can work at home. I hardly ever do that, and only if I have something going on that would require it. I wouldn’t even want to bother my boss with considering the idea of me working from home on a regular basis – i.e., a couple times a month – because my boss is pretty conservative and never wants to open himself up to criticism from others. I agree with Annie – stand your ground with this VP support. That would be a good amount of extra work that one week per month and you already work so much (TOO MUCH)!!

Hi Happy! Stop and take a breath!!

Hellos to the rest of you. Have a great weekend everyone.

==

I did my plank challenge last night. I’m really struggling with 130 seconds, but I did complete it.

No real weekend plans, except I think we might be meeting up with bf’s family for lunch on Sunday. We’ll drive with bf’s mom and aunt and meet bf’s brother and his family at the restaurant.

Since I’ve gotten through the mail basket project, I’ll move on to the paperwork pile in the home office. I’ll download some more podcasts to my cell phone and listen while I sort through it all.

That’s it for me. Time to cut/paste/post.