Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 08:54 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Kathy, you sound great. I can't wait to see the "do". Don't worry about the eathing, you'll be fine when you get back home. Have fun at the game tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #107  
Melissa

Hello friends! I'm SO sorry that I haven't been a good friend lately. I'm so very far behind. I don't have time to catch up now either. Just wanted to say hi/bye since I'll be away at training for the next couple of days. I should be back online Friday night or Saturday morning. I hope that you all have a great rest of the week!!

Oh, and thanks for the encouragement about pampered chef. I'm really, really excited. I got more info today and can't wait to get started!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:17 AM   #108  
focused and aiming

thank you, saundra. i am now taking metamucil. it didn't taste so bad today. guess i am remembering how i felt yesterday.

kathy, sounds like you're having a great time. enjoy every minute. we'll be waiting for details later--and photos of the new "do."

melissa, you are always a good friend. have a good time at the conference.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #109  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm rushing around like a crazy woman. I've got to leave for the ballgame in 2 hours and have nothing done yet. So, I'm off to eat breakfast and get ready. I also need to pick up the house a bit since the dog walkers will be here to take care of Cassie. The weather looks crummy but we'll go anyway. I've got a small hope that the weather will clear up before the ballgame starts. Keep your fingers crossed that no new storms form.

I'll be back later. I hope you all have a great on program day. I'm sure there is a kosher dog in my future....and a fruit cup of course!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:59 AM   #110  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Have fun at the ballgame - hope you get everything done and have a relaxing break!!!

Melissa - have fun! I'm sure you will do well with the Pampered Chef initiative - can't wait to hear about your parties and results!

Kathy - sounds like you are having a fun time - I agree - don't worry about the eating til you get home - glad you love your 'do' - and await pics!

Sandra - if you don't like the metamucil try the benefibre as Saundra suggested - just chewable tablets - my gf takes them all the time!

Well my 'blip' is hopefully over - I had a big eating day yesterday complete with two pieces of chocolate birthday cake - it was like that 'last meal' mentality - like I would never have it again? ha ha ha - back on track today and looking forward not back!

LUnch out was excellent (moroccan glazed chicken breast w/spiced yogurt dip over veggie bundle - but I also had some fresh french bread w/butter!!! YUM). Was starving by dinner time - japanese grill place - lots of food - and i ate it all! (miso soup, salad, rice, veggies, shrimp and steak and orange sherbet...then the cake!). Ds had a great time. He also lost a tooth yesterday - and I told him I was sure the Tooth Fairy leaves an extra special bonus if you lose a tooth on your birthday.

He was thrilled to find $5 under his pillow last night! and came to show me immediately upon awakening..oh ya and yesterday when he woke up he came to tell me he did feel 'different' - says his 'brain stretched' a bit - and didn't I notice a bit of a difference in his nose and eyebrows? TOO FUNNY! We now gear up for the 'weekend party' - thankfully cleaning lady coming today - challenge will be to actually keep the place clean for a few days - not an easy thing to do!

We have already ordered the cake (Cars theme - lightning McQueen cake - too cute!)...and I am not fussing at all as I am planning to go to the gym the next 3 days after work - and sat morning I am at synagogue (get home at noon and party at 2 pm)...so I shall get dh to pick up some veggie/dip and fruit trays at the grocery store, some soda, and probably salsa and chips as well....that should do it? If we do have stragglers to dinnertime will probably order in some pizzas! Hope to be able to relax on Sunday???

Dr appt this afternoon for bp check after diuretic prescription - guess it's been around 6 weeks now? May ask her to weigh me - as she did when I was last there? (altho I am still up a bit from my lowest 210.4). Wonder if the pills are helping? (actually I may be 'confusing' the results as I am also losing weight and exercising too - and these might also affect the reading? - at least I hope so!).

Later,

Frouf

P.S. BIG NSV - so today at work one group had a cupcake cookoff - complete with judging and cupcakes for sale - $1 each for fundraising! So our work group went off (we are a bunch of sugar addicts I guess?) to check it out - ended up buying FOUR gorgeous cupcakes - BUT NOT ONE SHALL PASS MY LIPS! There are on a table in my office and I have called dh to bring ds later on and come pick them up - and/or gorge themselves!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #111  

Height: 5'7"

We're about to leave for the ballgame in Denver so it'll be later before I'm back on. I still haven't read -- have NO idea what everybody is doing except Vickie is also going to a game today (I can skim the short posts in a hurry) and Angela got more medicine. Poor girl, I hope you feel better very quickly. This has got to be getting on your nerves in a big way.

Bye!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:03 PM   #112  
focused and aiming

vickie, i guess you're out having a blast at the game. enjoy your dog.

frouf, thanks for the tip. i have a whole can so guess i'd better use it. i may change to the benifiber afterwards, though. looks like this is going to be very very long term. can i come to the party? that cake sounds good enough to eat. congratulations on passing on those cupcakes. you are a focused froufie.

kathy, you have fun at the ballgame, too. i'm soooo glad you're enjoying yourself and getting some kickback time.

we visited and did some shooting at the archery center today. we're home for the afternoon. i'll go to w a later. i am really having a good time meeting new women friends there.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

It's been a busy day doing nothing much. I dropped in at the WW centre and wound up staying and chatting there for an hour. A lady that I signed up when I worked in April came in and it she's lost 22 pounds since. I felt great knowing that I had given her the orientation.
I then went the pharmacy where I used to work and stayed there chatting for another hour. Finally did a little shopping and came home. I'm working another meeting tonight. We'll have dinner when I get home. (salmon, egg and tuna salads with the fixins).

We moved things around in the bedroom, and it looks great. I'm also starting to declutter, and that feels very good. This decorating thing has got me motivated.

Vickie and Kathy, hope you both enjoy your games and that your teams win.

Sandra, glad you had time for fun and I know how you're looking forward to w.a.

Frouf, which Japanese restaurant did you go to? We used to take our kids to Laurier street for their birthdays. Maybe that was the influence for ds to find a Japanese wife.

Okay, time to put everything together.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #114  
focused and aiming

saundra, your day sounds like fun. i'm glad you got to see the ww that you gave orientation. 29 lbs is amazing!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #115  

Height: 5'7"

Whew, what a day! It took us two hours to get home from Denver due to rush hour traffic. These day games are nice, but you end up hitting a lot of traffic while leaving. Usually it's me trying to leave work when the Rangers day games are getting out, because I work in shouting distance from the ballpark.

Anyway, the Rockies lost but it was a good game. It started raining in the 8th and got really hard, so people left and we moved down right behind home plate for the rest of the game. We were soaked but it was fun. Oh and some drunk dude ran out on to the field after the game and they took him down hard. What a dufus.

Tonight we're just watching Rangers vs Yankees, putting the kids to bed early, maybe watching a movie, and that's it. Tomorrow is some sort of arcade place, mainly for the kids and guys, so I'll go along but just sit and watch. We are leaving early Friday morning to go home and are driving it straight thru instead of spending the night in Amarillo.

Zuki is starting to get mad at Grandma because she locked him in the bedroom while she went somewhere, so he ate her wooden miniblinds. Oopsie! Judd told her to stop locking him up, and instead just put a doggie gate up so he can at least walk around and see out. She's a realtor and is in and out of the house all day, so she's never gone for very long at a time anyway. I know he thinks he's been abandoned.

Shaun and Erin seem fine and probably don't miss us one bit. I'll know when I get back if Shaun's going early because if he does, it'll probably be on Monday. That will be good (for him) but we'll have to hurry up and get all his things together.

See you later. It sure is quiet around here lately!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:12 PM   #116  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Saundra - we usually go to Ottawa Shogun on Carling - have been going there for years. Glad your 'redecorating' and decluttering are going well! I could certainly do some major decluttering myself.

Kathy & Vickie - hope you had fun at your ballgames!

Angela - how are your sinuses doing? Hopefully this next round will do the trick?

Went to the dr appt - my bp is still borderline high altho a teeny tiny bit better than last time - she did weigh me and was very pleased with my loss, the fact that I was eating better and going to the gym! I am to continue with my 1/2 pill and come back in two months - she says we need to be patient and is hoping for further improvement!

Went to the gym afterwards - however I am in PAIN - weirdest thing - if you remember after sunday's weeding/gardening I had pain up the back of both legs - probably due to all the bending/stretching. On Monday I did not go to the gym and was in pain. Yesterday I felt much better - a bit of pain with certain momements - did not go to the gym cuz of ds' birthday plans.

Today I am in BIG PAIN but only on back of left upper leg? How weird is that? I almost feel like I have a constant muscle cramp? Any pressure on the back of my thigh hurts - as I feel it now as I sit in my computer chair??? (and it's padded!). Also feels a bit puffy at the ankle? Went to the library tonight and walking thru the parking lot hurt - as did some of the machines at the gym - not using them but actually just getting on and off and I put pressure on back of leg?

It makes my leg feel very 'tired' - like I've been using it all day or walking alot? I sure hope it's nothing serious - gym girl thought I may have pulled a muscle or ligament - but I did not do anything to cause it? It felt better yesterday and I did no exercise since then?

I sure hope I am feeling better and can walk normally tomorrow!

Eating was basically okay today - altho I had a bit of a meltdown when dh said he put the chicken in the oven at 5 pm instead of 4 pm as instructed - yes this frouf MUST HAVE her dinner on time when she gets home - I explained that if my dinner is not ready and I am hungry I will graze and eat things I'm not supposed to! I got some veggies/dip at grocery store after gym (along with some other supplies) - so I was able to munch on those while waiting for the chicken and preparing the sides. I did eat a slice of bread tho - which I guess isn't too bad!

I am full of liquid today - just finished a 500 ml bottle of crystal light which I now realize was not such a good idea as I will be visiting the bathroom tonight.

Wonder if I should take something for the pain in my leg???

Frouf
Old 07-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #117  
focused and aiming

kathy, the day at the game must have been a blast. have fun at the arcade tomorrow. i'd play some games, if i were you.

frouf, i'm glad you got a good report at the doctor's. you made good choices tonight eating veggies/dip. you get an attagirl.

i wonder how vickie's day at the ballpark went.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #118  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Whew I was busy yesterday. The heat really knocked the wind out of my sails! We left the house at 11:00 and didn't get home until after 6:30. I showered and layed on the couch like a lump. We had a great time at the ballpark except for the fact that we lost/got swept. I've been through bad times with my team before. It'll be ok. I've been a fan through thick and thin since I was a little girl going to the games with my Daddy.

Today will be busy again and I'm hopeful there will be a lot of swimming in my future for the next 5 days. We are expecting a heat wave. If it hits, I won't be around much. Right now it's gray and rainy but that is supposed to pass. I hope you all had great days yesterday. I ate VERY non-Core but not large quantities. I had a kosher on a bun with sauerkraut...that makes it Core, right? I also shared some nachos with Jim. The rest of the time was just water and the cherries I brought with me from home. Dinner was Core except for the roll. I need to be a really good girl today and get back on program. I also need to stop procrastinating about going back to meetings. I need the accountability.

Okey dokey...I'm off to see what you were all up to yesterday!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #119  

Good morning ladies, boy do I need to catch up. I have been so busy, I was working on the house and yard for 2 days, yesterday I cleaned my house from top to bottom from 10am to 6pm and I still have a few things left to do. I want to dedicate friday for preparations & cooking, so it is a good feeling to have most of the cleaning done. I am having 20 adults & 12 children at the party, and there is no rain in the forcast, but it is suppose to be 92 degrees, very hot & humid. I want to go to BJ's which is a wholesale club that you buy in bulk and get the party supplies & food. My mom, sil's & friend offered to make some food so that helps out tremendously.
Hope you guys have a great day, I will try to come back later and catch up.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #120  
Southside White Sox Fan

Whoa.....you were all busy too!

Frouf, I hope the pain went away. You should do things at the gym that don't tax your legs. You've had that sciatica thing before. If you push too much then you won't be able to exercise at all. It's really wonderful that you had such a great loss and some improvement in your blood pressure. It sometimes takes a while for the medicine to work and also sometimes requires trying several different types of medicine to see what works best. I actually forgot to take mine the other day. Not a good thing. I can't remember the last time I forgot though. Congratulations on not eating those cupcakes!

Kathy, we got caught in rushhour traffic too but we were at the beginning of it at least. I love to check out new ballparks. Sheesh, couldn't the Rangers have hung on to beat the Yankees? We are in such a pennant race over in the Central. We can use all the help we can get. I hope you had a relaxing evening at least! Wow, Zuki is MAD at you two! That sounds like a really long drive to drive straight through. Are you in a hurry to get home. I'd stop someplace and enjoy our last night of kid free living!

Saundra, you day yesterday sounded like the perfect retirement day! I need to declutter more. I feel a little out of control since Jim's surgery....like things are piling up. I have to force myself not to notice or I'll feel too guilty to go in the pool.

Sandra, I'm sure the fiber stuff will help you but I have another tip. Since doing Core, I've had to drink more than 6 eight ounce glasses of water every day. I religiously drink at 8 and try to drink more if I can. For some reason, the water seems even more important on Core to help me lose AND to keep me regular. I think it's because we are eating so much fiber. If I drink enough water, I'm ok.

Time for me to go eat breakfast girls and start my day. I'm doing some laundry and Jim has PT today. I'll be running errands while he's there.

I'll be back later.
Closed Thread