Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #91  
focused and aiming

i'm back. thought i'd live. i don't think it was the mushrooms making me feel bad. whatever it was, it's over now.

melissa, i was just wondering if there's a ww meeting nearby you could attend. going to meetings has really helped me stay op. veggie soup sounds good.

it's still too hot for me to cook. i'm thinking of cooking lunch early in the am after i get back from the doctor and before the temps rise too high. we've been eating out almost every day at lunch lately. that's getting expensive.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #92  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm back from all my errands and don't feel like cooking. It is too darn hot, even for the rotisserie. I'm not sure what we'll do yet. I feel a little sick in the stomach. I don't even want to go into the pool. I think I'll go lay down for a while.

I'll be back later.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #93  
Melissa

Hi gals! I'm so excited. I spoke to the lady who will be my pampered chef director tonight and I really think I'm going to do it. In fact I'm going to get started on my paperwork tonight. Anyone want to host a cooking show?
I'm really looking forward to getting started.

Sandra, thanks for the encouragement. Sorry you ate those mushrooms. That has to be a hard thing to constantly avoid. Thanks for encouraging me to go to WW. I guess I'm just not willing right now. I hate meetings in general and I also don't want to spend the $ on it. I know those aren't good reasons, but they're the honest ones. I hope that you're having a good evening.

Vickie, I hope that you are feeling better by now. I'd hate for you to miss time in the pool.

Kathy, I'm so glad that you aren't slaving away! I was worried about you. Have fun!

Frouf, good luck with all of that eating out. We've been doing waaaay too much of it and for no good reason other than laziness.

I'm going to get started on my new business!! I'll talk to you all tomorrow...and I'm remembering that tomorrow is a new day for eating as well.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #94  

Hi everyone, just a quick hello I am ready for bed. Was cleaning the backyard all afternoon then took the kids swimming, came home cooked dinner, bathed the kids, did dd's birthday goodie bags & filled the pinata and cleaned up my house. I have alot to do before the big birthday bash for the princess I will catch up tomorrow, hope everyone had a great day!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #95  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats Melissa on your new 'job' - sounds exciting and I'm sure you will do well! I am of course willing to host a party!

Niki - I am tired from just reading your post! We are having a mini-party tomorrow for ds - out for dinner with just the family and then a small cake/candle celebration....and presents of course.

Can't believe he's turning 8 - he is still so funny - and we are almost sad to see him grow up and lose some of his innocent charm. This morning I'm in washroom getting ready for work and dh is there too - little ds shows up but says he can't come in because of his 'allergy" and he will start sneezing! What allergy we ask? He points towards the bathroom window? We still don't get it? What are you alelrgic to? Sun dust he replies? Sun dust - yes he says - look into the sunshine and you see that dust - it makes me sneeze and I'm allergic to it. So don't come in I say (trying not to laugh) - doesn't matter he says - I've seen that sun dust all over the house!!!!!!!!!!!!! too funny!

'Vickie - hope your rest did you some good and that you are not catching something!

Angela - how goes the nose biz? Hope it's nothing serious and no scary things need to be done to your sinuses! Sounds like a great bday for dd!

Sandra - hope the mushrooms did not affect you too much? I have a splitting headache now - and it may be from the 'peanut butter' I tasted tonight? Yes I am allergic but can usually get away with some - not sure why I am suffering tonight? (unless headache is from something else?)

Saundra - DEFINITELY need to try Juniper - very classy and excellent food - I'm sure you will love it! I am looking forward to the lunch - altho now have a meeting scheduled at 1:30 so will have to probably rush back (may need to take my car even tho it's only a 10 min walk away!).

Well I did not end up going to the gym cuz by the end of the afternoon I could barely WALK! Forgot to mention the pain shooting up the backs of my legs due to the bending/weeding fiasco of yesterday. Woke up a bit sore - but noticed it getting worse thru the day - esp after sitting at my desk for a while - getting up was like an old dried up machine creaking to life! Every step hurt - so I ended up getting some groceries and heading home.

Dinner was okay - it was the tortilla chips and dip I shared w/dd after that was not required - I am not doing that well - I think it is all the eating out that is demotivating me - but I don't want to give in and give up! Just a blip right?

Dh gone out to friend's, ds back from St. Louis - sounds like they had a hard time getting thru customs? His luggage never made it of course - but the box of chocolates he bought me did . DD on computer with loud music coming from the den......and little ds sleeping - I told him it was a special magical night cuz he was going to bed being 7 and would wake up being 8 - and he would stretch a bit in length and his head/brain would get a bit bigger and smarter! Really he said - big incredulous eyes!! Can't wait til he wakes up tomorrow morning!

Frouf
Old 07-25-2006, 12:58 AM   #96  
focused and aiming

melissa, i understand your not wanting to go to meetings. i don't really like to either. i'll be waiting to read about your pampered chef adventures. i think you're going to do well.

frouf, i hope you're feeling better. we're a pair, aren't we? guess we'd better be more careful what we put in our mouths.

vickie, i hope you're feeling better. sounds like you, frouf, and i are falling apart today.

i did go to w a this afternoon. i guess i'm going to live.

niki, sounds like a lot of work today. the party is going to be a blast.

sorry this is so short. it's late. i'm calling it a day.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #97  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Today is mega busy. I've already been out to drop off Cassie for her bath and haircut and it's only 9:00! Early for me. I'm due breakfast now but I can't linger. Jim has PT, I have errands, and a pedicure today at 3:45. I think it's a crime that a retired person has so much going on in one day!

Melissa, I think Pampered Chef is a great idea for you. It'll take up some more of your time but should bring you great rewards. I'd be happy to know your email address. I LOVE kitchen gadgets.

Sandra, I hope you're feeling better this morning.

Frouf, you are definitely experiencing just a blip. It's not easy to eat out. You always have to fight the temptation to say that it's a special occasion and I should just eat what I want (which is usually bad for me). I go out to eat alot so I've gotten to the point where I order everything Core or I don't eat it. Now I'm sure that there are a few mistakes along the way...like they put in an ingredient that the shouldn't...but by and large it's possible. So just be more forceful when you order. Restaurants want your money so they are usually willing to accommodate special requests. And....stay away from the gym for a couple of days. You don't want to hurt yourself.

Niki, I hope you got some rest. You answered my question about the party date. You are still in full preparation mode!

Kathy, I hope you're having some fun.

Saundra, I'm glad you figured out your icee machine. I bet I would love one.

Angela, I'm sure they'll give you twilight while they do the scope. It sounds gross but maybe it will make you stop getting these horrible infections. I would brave the scope if I were you.

Well, I feel hungry and queasy at the same time. What's up with that? My stomach hasn't been right since yesterday. I must have some kind of a bug. I didn't swim but went out to dinner with the Niece/NIL and the kids. I had a grilled chicken salad and a baked potato. I just picked at it becaue it wasn't very good. It's supposed to rain here for the next 5 days. We'll see. I'm going to a ballgame tomorrow so I really don't want any rain then. What it means is that it will horribly hot and humid. Ugh.

Gotta go.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 AM   #98  

Good morning all! My doctor phoned in a prescription for more antibiotics for me yesterday. But, the nurse who called to tell me made no mention of being referred to an ENT or whatever. She just said we'll see what this round does for you..blah blah blah. Like it'll be any different than the previous 8 tries? Anyhoo, I'm happy to have the medicine, because it does at least give me a few weeks of relief.

Melissa, I've hosted a Pampered Chef party before, and it was a lot of fun. It'd be a heck of a commute, but you can host a party here any time you want. I have the Pampered Chef ice cream scoop, and it's very nice. Not that I would know though, because, of course, I don't ever eat ice cream.

Vickie, how is Jim doing these days? Is he taking it easy on his shoulder?

Our garden is looking beautiful this year. We've got lettuce and zucchini, and expect beans and peas any day. And, can you belive, some of our tomato plants are almost taller than me? We should have tomatoes coming out of our ears in a little while. Too bad I can't share them with everyone here.

I think I'm going to lie down and rest for a bit now... later!
Angela
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

What a morning! I was suppose to be at ww at 8:40 to do a meeting. Bernie decided to take my car in for grease and oil, so I was to take his car. Got out of the house, to discover that my key wasn't on the chain. When he had the body work done, he put my key with his. I called the office and they said to take a taxi ($8) for which I would get reimbursed. It took 15 minutes for the taxi to show for a 5 minute ride. I'm not charging them, cause it's our fault. Luckily the leader had things unde control and there was 10 minutes to spare. When she drove me home, she told me to have a glass of wine and a bubble bath. Needless to say, Bernie was real sorry and now promises a "gift" on our weekend away.....Okay, that's off my chest.

Angela, apparently the baked oatmeal done with zucchini is very good. I guess that you'd replace the same amount as the banana. BCB had something on it and also added cocoa. Hope you're feeling better real soon.

Melissa, you sound pumped, and that's a good thing. I know that you'll be a real asset to the Pampered Chef folks.

Sandra, how's your tummy? It's scary having food allergy reactions. Is the heat wave still happening? We had thunder storms last night, and it's getting muggy here, not good for the hair.

Frouf, have fun tonight, and wish ds a "Happy Birthday". Your baby is getting older, but hey, mine is 31 and will always be my sweetheart.

Vicky, sounds busy for you, but some good stuff happening. I do hope that the rain isn't too bad this weekend. What are we going to do in the room???

Okay, I think I'm going to have a latte to soothe my nerves.....
Old 07-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #100  

Afternooon Chicks,
lost my post yesterday,,not sure what happened. Back to work today after being off for two weeks,,,,mind you two mornings a week is like beign on holidays still..I got lots of hugs from the kids this morning..awwwwwwwww
I think I did my dvd in my sleep this morning...hah
Saundra, eeeks,,,you had a rough morning didnt you.
Melissa its so nice to hear you excited about something....I love kitchen gadgets too...there are some cool ones out there.
Sandra sorry about those mushrooms,,,
Frouf, did Ds Measure himself this monring??
Angela I would love to see your garden..any pics??
Make time for the pool Vickie,,you know its going to make you feel better.
Have fun with the princess party Nikki...I miss those days..
Well off to the grocery store ,,trying a new recipe tonight and tomorrow Im making the cornmeal chicken Vickie,,,
ttyl
Old 07-25-2006, 04:00 PM   #101  
focused and aiming

hi there. we're home from running errands and i'm waiting to go to w a later. i went to the doctor this am with my ww card in hand. he was very impressed with my loss. his scales usually weigh me heavier that my home scales and ww's. they showed one lb higher than what i have on my tracker--so i'm happy. i go back to him aug. 25 with ww card in hand again. life is good.

vickie, i hope you're feeling better. i agree. retirees shouldn't be obligated to do anything. we're sort of spoiled to leisure, aren't we? we'll take some of your rain. we don't care if it will make things humid and hot. we are super dry here now. can you bottle some and send it? i do hope your ballgame isn't rained out. that would be the pits.

angela, i'm impressed with your tomato plants. that's amazing for them to be so big. do you have a lot of tomatoes on them? i'm picturing beefeaters (if that's what the big ones are called.)

saundra, it sounds like the missing key worked out to your advantage. let us know what surprise bernie gets you. thanks for asking about my tummy. it's embarassing to say but it turned out to be constipation instead of an allergic reaction to the mushrooms. my doctor told me the pills i'm taking caused it. i need to up my fiber intake. all this is probably tmi. sorry.

patti, let us know how your recipes turn out. what are you making besides the cornmeal chicken?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #102  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I see I'm behind since this morning. I'm off to get my toes done and then we'll go pick up dinner. I hope I can go in the pool after dinner with my toes newly painted. I'm going to ask the pedicurist what she thinks. It's really hot here and no sign of the rain they threatened for today. I need to go check tomorrow's forecast. I do not want rain at the ball park. This is our first game since game two when we went to see them get their rings in April! I want a great day.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #103  
focused and aiming

vickie, i hope you and jim have a great day and a wonderful time at the ballgame. i know how you enjoy your baseball.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Sandra, don't be embarassed, I have that problem all the time. The whole grains were killing me until I found Benefibre. I'm so glad that your doctor is supporting your WW efforts. You're really lucky, it's hard to find a doctor that cares anymore.

Vickie, I'm crossing my fingers for good weather tomorrow. As an ex Tigers fan, I'm really impressed with them. Hope you got a swim in. We had quite a storm here. The neat thing was that the sun came out while it was pouring. There was a beautiful rainbow.

I've got potatoes roasting and corn simmering. They're the sides for Farm Boy chicken thighs. Oh, and I've got to make a salad too.

Okay, time to check on everything.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:28 PM   #105  

Height: 5'7"

Checking in quickly while the internet is up! I really do like this area though and Judd says he wouldn't mind living here.

So anyway, I'll probably get home with about 150 pounds. I'm a little bummed about it but am just going with the flow for now. We have eaten nonstop, drinking til midnight, chips and salsa out all the time. Breakfast is the only time I have control and I've been having a low-cal/carb bagel with light cream cheese and fruit, either banana or applesauce or grapes. Then it goes downhill from there.

I got my hair cut yesterday at a day spa and salon and it is just toooo cute. It's choppy straight with bangs to the side, and I love it. I went to Sallys today and bought yet another flatiron (my 4th, I think) but this is a keeper. It's what will make the difference.

Okay, guys are back with dinner -- Chinese tonight -- so I'd better jet. I'm coming back tonight or tomorrow though to read. We're going into Denver to a Rockies game and I'm excited about that because I've never been to Coors Stadium. I've seen the Rockies play when they come to Texas for interleague play, but never in their own stadium. It'll be great.

Later!
Closed Thread