Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #151  
Southside White Sox Fan

Don't forget my water!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #152  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, I found her on the internet. She's the Family Resource Coordinator for the high school.

Vickie, don't worry!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #153  
Melissa

Thanks Vickie! I miss chatting with you all and hate being behind.

Kathy, thanks for the encouragement. So far it seems like getting people to do the shows will be pretty easy. You get so much free stuff! Today I have to convince MIL to do one. I know she will, just to help me out, but she hates being in charge of those kinds of things. She worries about everything too much.

Sandra, Vickie said it, you are really an inspiration. You are proof to all of us that exercise works!!!! Good going gf! Are you moving for sure? I missed that I guess.

I just got done mowing (well, all that I am going to mow anyway) and now I'm off to the shower.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #154  
focused and aiming

vickie, how about contacting laZboy directly to tell them what's going on? that's a reputable company. they might help you. wouldn't hurt to contact them.

melissa, it's so good to see you here. i have missed you a bunch. you sound so much happier now. pampered chef is going to be good for you. i can tell.

vickie, i wish i could give you a big hug right now, too. thank you so much for your kind words.

there's a huge forest fire in the bitterroot right now. it's been on national tv. bryan called yesterday and said that yesterday the men (well drillers) were at the site he's wanting to buy with the machinery in place ready to start drilling when a forest service guy showed up and told them to leave the area. it's extremely hot and dry here. fire danger is elevated and many areas are closed. that area is one of them. there's public land beyond where bryan's going to drill. there may even be a fire up there (mountain) already. (this is hard to explain in text.) there are many many restrictions now to help prevent more fires.

temps are supposed to be in the 80's starting tomorrow and there's a possibility of rain. when the okay is given, bryan will send the guys in to drill. till then we're all just waiting. i honestly can't imagine there wouldn't be water below ground. there's a large creek and a couple of streams running through the entire length of the property. i'll let ya'll know as soon as we find out anything. i am already surfing for deer-resistant plant ideas. i have liquid fence that i use here in town on my roses, but i'm afraid to use it out there. it would attract bears.

kathy, does ellen have a mt or tx or different certificate? my masters degree is elementary education, but i'm certified secondary for english and theater arts. (i am a rebel and won't use capital letters when i'm on the puter.) is she currently working at the high school?
Old 07-29-2006, 02:20 PM   #155  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Sandra, those are some impressive credentials! My big Sister is a teacher with a Masters. Not me. I just pretty much went to work and clawed my way up from the bottom and went to school at night. I'm impressed!
Old 07-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #156  
focused and aiming

thanks, vickie. i was married during my freshman year. it took me 8 years to get my bachelor's degree and i was already teaching 4th grade for 3 of those years. (i started teaching on an emergency certificate when i was a college junior.) i went back to school after 12 years teaching to get my master's. a few years later i returned to get secondary certification with english as my field. i was teaching all this time so i did a lot of night school and summer courses. i did "test out" for theater arts. i taught 4th grade 13 years, middle school for 6 years, and high school for 10 years. the last 4 years at high school i headed an at risk program.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #157  

Hey chicks,
Welcome back Kathy and Melissa,,,sounds like you had a great trip.
Vickie, I can see me buying lots more cornmeal in my future....made up another batch of chicken this morning and its sitting in my fridge waiting to cook. (drumsticks this time) for a shortcut I took the cornmeal, parmesean cheese and garlic powder and thru it all into a plastic baggie. Gave it a good shake and poured some onto a plate for chicken...but kept the rest int he baggie for next time. (Like a make your own shake and bake coating)
I also tried the muffins this morning....oh my they are sooooo good. We dont get lemon pudding here (ww) so I used the white choc with blueberries and I used wheat bran insted of oat bran. Its what I had in the cupboard. Turned out so nice...and the pudding made it very vanilla*y* . YUM YUM YUM
Had two on my patio this morning for breakfast with a bowl of fresh fruit. Dont you just love summertime!!
Im heading back out there to relax and read..its a perfect day for it.
Sandra are you drilling for water on the property you want to buy?? im confused sorry..dosnt take much does it..haha by the way thanks for the references to bcb site..Ive found some more yummy recipes there. thanks
Ok off to the patio..
Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #158  
focused and aiming

patti, it is confusing. i'm sorry. our friend is drilling on the land before he finalizes the deal to buy it. he had until this coming monday to drill for water and finalize but because of the fire, his time is extended. if he buys the land, he's going to sell us a piece to build on. i'm glad you're finding a lot of good recipes. i like your idea of making shake and bake.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #159  

Sandra, her certificate would be a Montana certificate, I suppose. She graduated from Montana State Univ. at Bozeman while Kendal was getting his PhD there. They lived in Belgrade. After his graduation, they moved to Schenectady for 4-5 years, then he went to work for GSK and they moved back to Montana. He was raised in Colorado so prefers Montana to New York, of course.

Judd decided to go with me to the grocery store so we did a lot more than that. First we bought the groceries, came home and put them up, then went to drop off a lot of stuff at Mission Arlington, then went to buy produce. We got a ton of stuff -- lettuce, squash, red potatoes, purple onion, a few white potatoes (at 99 cents a pound, I refused to buy very many), really big radishes, strawberries, and green beans. Then off to Target because Judd is wanting a new ice tea maker. They didn't have one but we managed to spend $100 anyway. How on earth does that happen??? We got a bottle of red wine, a new corkscrew, a bottle opener, honeydew melon, some raspberry tarts for Erin, trail mix for Judd and a Target gift card to send to Brad and Amy with a thank you card. They were really great hosts for having lived in their house only three weeks! The place looked like they had been there for years though; everything was put away with pictures on the wall and all knick-knacks out. Now we're home and pooped.

Tomorrow is mowing, weeding flowerbeds, and I will work 1-5 tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow night I'll make the salmon and vegetables.

Patti, enjoy the patio! It's 102 outside right now and I'm enjoying the air conditioning -- not going out unless totally necessary.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #160  

I'm going to try something tonight and will let everyone know how it goes. You might have already seen this. I saw a sample menu and it had a dessert of baked pineapple with LF (I'd use FF) sour cream as a topping. It sounds sort of icky but might not be. I think you just bake the pineapple rings until they start to caramelize.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #161  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello chicks! I swam for 2 hours and got TONS of exercise. I only floated for a little while at the end. We went out for dinner and I was going to come home and swim more but I'm too pooped. So I just came in from covering the pool. I'll go in early tomorrow. I didn't feel like having to shower again today to get the chlorine out. I have to do some things around the house, garbage and a load of laundry and such before I settle down to watch TV. Tomorrow should be an easy day.

Here's a question for all of you cooks. I have red potatoes and need to cook them somehow Core into something that will go with Cornmeal Chicken. I don't want to make mashed potatoes but I will if I have to. Mashed doesn't seem to go with the cornmeal chicken. Jim doesn't eat potato salad so that's out. Is there any way to fry them in just a little bit of Core oil?

I'm off to see what you are all up to.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #162  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Kathy, I hope you're doing yardwork early so you don't pass out in the heat. I'd be interested in grilled pineapple. I've never had it but I'd be willing to try it.

Very quiet tonight.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #163  
focused and aiming

vickie, i think you could fry the red potatoes. another way i've eaten them is to chunk them and put them in the saucepan with green beans. just an idea.

kathy, i went to walmart today and kept my bill under $75. i was surprised. of course, i didn't buy much.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:18 PM   #164  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, do you chunk them raw before you fry them? I'm going to try to google a recipe. I've never made home fries or anything like that.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:19 PM   #165  
Southside White Sox Fan

I forgot to tell you the most important part. I'm trying not to turn the oven on. It's going to be too hot.
Closed Thread