Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #181  
focused and aiming

sounds yummy, patti.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:36 PM   #182  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget
melissa, you are much better spirits. i can tell pampered chef is your thing for sure.
Thanks Sandra. I guess I'm surprised at myself really. I'm not a salesperson at all, but I'm really excited about this. It's just that I can get cool things, make money, and hook people up with free items (when they host a show). It's a reputable company and I think (hope!) it will be a good experience.

Patti, thanks for the ideas! They sound great.

Vickie, let us know how it goes with the taters.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:58 PM   #183  

Height: 5'7"

I know it will be a good experience! I'm serious when I say that people are crazy about this stuff.

Vickie, did you see our big trade? It's funny because the day after I complained about Cordero, he was traded. We lost Kevin Mench too and I love him, but got Carlos Lee and that is HUGE. I'm hoping it makes a big difference. Of course we're currently losing to the Royals but there's still time.

We got a pizza at the store and Erin was cooking it and I guess didn't set the timer or watch it, and she burned it pretty badly. Now she's hungry so Judd has gone to pick up a pizza for her. What a nice guy!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #184  
Melissa

Thanks Kathy, that's good to know! Oh and btw, I guess you are my first official "sale."
Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #185  

PLUS it's something I really want and can use, but can't find in the store. I guess I could go to Linens 'n Things or somewhere like that, but I try to stay as far away from the mall and surrounding area.

Did you all see the latest announcement at the top? If not, check it out.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:25 AM   #186  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Today will definitely be a pool day for me. Woo Hoo. I'm doing some laundry now so that I can go out to the pool right after lunch. My plan is to also go back out and swim some more after dinner. Dinner is a bit involved so maybe I won't feel like going back out. We'll see.

Jim got up at 6:15 this morning and woke me up. I tried for an hour to go back to sleep but no luck. I still feel a bit tired. 6 hours is not enough for me.

Hey...no Frouf last night. I wonder how the party was. Oh Froufie.......

I've never had nor been to a Pampered Chef party. I only have one piece of their product but I love it. It's a teeny tiny bent spatula. I love it because it gets small pieces of cornbread or bars out of the pan very easily. Not that I'm making pastry/cookie bars anymore! I didn't know they had a website where you could buy products. Melissa, I'll be checking your site out when it comes up.

Patti, I like your idea. I didn't make the potatoes tonight but I could boil them this afternoon before I go out to the pool and put them in the refrigerator. They won't turn black, will they?

Wow, it was a really quiet night here again last night. Almost time for my breakfast!

Hey Angela, you aren't posting your food. Are you doing ok? Shall we have Sandra haul you and me back up onto the wagon? I hear she's a strong woman so I'm sure she could help us both!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #187  

Yeah, I think BMW Sandra will need to haul me back on the wagon. I have been battling this sinus infection, and not feeling much like eating well. But my round of antibiotics is done now, so I should start feeling better soon.

We enjoyed our little camping adventure...we decided to just pitch the tent in the back yard this time. It turned out to be a good idea, because my 5 year old was having a very hard time falling asleep in the tent, and ended up going inside to her bed at about 9:30. But my oldest dd spent the entire night out there, which is more than I could say for myself. The tent was slightly mildewy, which I'm really allergic to. So I only made it to around midnight. Luckily, my sister was willing to stay out there with dd so she wasn't alone. But we made s'mores and sang songs and did all the important camping stuff. Maybe in a year or two, we'll try it for real.

I'm debating whether to go to church today or not. I'd dearly love to stay home and sleep, but I don't feel super bad. I would be fine if I went. Hmmm.

Later,
Angela
Old 07-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #188  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I'm glad that you thought of the backyard first. It was a great idea for your test drive. You'll get back on the wagon and so will I. Sandra's already motivating me.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #189  
Melissa

Morning chicks!
Home from church...we are supposed to go to the lake today with some people from church but it is cloudy and icky outside. I'm really hoping that we don't go. It's been a busy week/weekend and I want to rest. Not to mention do the laundry, grocery shopping, etc. Oh well, either way it will be fine.

Vickie, you can view all of the products at Pampered Chef's website but you can only order through a consultant. I probably won't have my website up for a little while, but if you ever see anything you want you can just let me know. I'm sorry that you didn't get to sleep enough last night. I hope that you get to swim as much as you want today!

Angela, what fun you all have! I'm sorry that you are still battling the illness--do you have to have the scope? I may have missed that. I hope that you get lots of rest today.

Speaking of getting back on the wagon, I weighed myself this morning and it was not pretty. I don't know if it's just a flux from eating out so much this week at the training or if it's "real" weight. Either way, consider me to be clawing my way back onto the wagon. I've got to do something different.

I'm off to do some laundry and maybe rest a little before we go.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #190  

Good morning! I'm sorting laundry while watching TLC, and about to go boil my rotini for pasta/tuna salad. I got a call this morning from someone saying the classified network is down and so that means I can't go to work. I'm pretty bummed because I really need to go; this means longer hours during the week in order to get 48 hours in 4-1/2 days. Oh well, I've done it before.

My weight is cooperating pretty well. This morning was 143.8 so I guess I'm back on track. Eating has been good and all Core with no snacking except for nuts and dried cranberries, which I count points for anyway. I'm all geared up for August 1 but will probably officially start my August challenge tomorrow, a day early.

I guess I'd better get to my laundry. I'm trying to get all the indoor chores done before 7 tonight so I can go out and do the flowerbeds in the shade, then will take Bindy for a 30-minute walk.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #191  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've had lunch and done all my laundry but still haven't been able to get into the pool yet because we have this thunderstorm that just won't move through. I'm trying to prep for dinner so that I can cook quickly when I come in. Harumpf.

I just got off the phone with the Manager from the LaZboy store that we shopped from. He's ordering us brand new furniture. And....he's having it checked out at the warehouse before they even send it here. This Manager has been the bright spot in this whole process.

How is everyone? It's quiet still.

Kathy, the greater power is trying to tell you to rest a bit. At least you're resting before you long days next week. They should be easier to take on rest. Not that you know how. What did Shaun hear? Is he leaving early?
Old 07-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #192  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh BTW, I LOVE Carlos Lee and was very sorry to see him go. You're gonna like him. His nickname is El Caballo, the horse. He is a work horse. He'll make some great plays in left field and put some good offense on the board too.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #193  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rain rain go away....come again some other day....
Old 07-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #194  
focused and aiming

hi there. the heat wave is over for the time being. life is good. i cooked and cooked today. we had a huge country lunch. that's what i used to call this type of lunch when i was a young girl. half of my family was country atnd the other half thought they were city. i grew up eating a lot of almost core meals.

vickie, i am getting stronger every day. i talked to curtis the other afternoon about how i'd like to hunt elk this season. that's much much more physically challenging. i'd be hiking the whole time instead of just climbing a tree and sitting down in a stand. this would be fantastic exercise--lots of hills to roam. main thing i want out of this is the adventure.

vickie, that's great news about your furniture. life is good.

angela, your camping event sounds like it was fun. i hope you're feeling better now. did you go to church?

angela, melissa, and vickie, i'm on this wagon watching for you. jump aboard and let's get going. just think of all the fun we'll have getting to goal--and being at goal.

ya'll are reminding me of something i read at bcb a few years ago about geese. did you know that when they are flying in formation, they take turns leading? and if one is weak, the others gather around so the airflow from their wings will give him support. sounds like us, doesn't it?

melissa, i'm going to check out the website. i don't know if i'll be ordering anything right now. we have had tons of medical bills that got us behind with the credit cards, so i'm trying not to charge. if i find something, can i pay you with a check?

kathy, i am totally amazed that you came home from vacation weighing so little. way to go, girl!! have you posted an august challenge yet? mine is going to be about exercise again.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #195  

Poor Vickie!! Please send the rain here if you're done with it! I hope it clears up soon so you can get a little pool time in.

Shaun apparently isn't going early. He talked to the recruiter a few times last week and each time, the guy said he was waiting to hear something. I guess it'll be 3 weeks from tomorrow, like originally planned. He'd better be getting things in order and not wait until the last minute.

I hope we can win tonight -- six losses in a row is disturbing. Maybe Carlos Lee will be just what we need.

Okay, back to my laundry. Stay cool and dry!
Closed Thread