Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

Oh Vickie, I meant to say something about your scale still being up a little. Maybe you should add up all your points for a few days to check those portions. It's that eating til satisfied part that still confuses me. If I knew when to stop, I would have never gained too much in the first place!

NOW GO GET ON THE TREADMILL!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #107  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, I'm sure that breakfast, lunch and snacks are all ok portion wise. It's dinner that could be the problem. I agree that I need to weigh/measure dinner for a while to see what's up. Also, we've started eating dinner earlier because we are hungry so much earlier. I've been VERY hungry these last two days. I think it's PMS. I suppose I could be bloating a little early but I don't want to hang my hat on that. That's really something how the kids found out about Bridge. Has Zuki been a biter before? Are you nervous about them for the future?

I think I'll finish this cup of coffee and then go for a treadmill stroll with the Gilmore Girls. I'm halfway through season 5 now.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #108  

Height: 5'7"

We've never known him to bite before, but the two of them play rough. It was probably such a freak accident because Zuki is only 9 pounds and Bridge is like 14. Usually Bridge isn't on the losing end.

Judd just said he isn't playing golf today because doesn't want to leave me having to deal with things, and also doesn't want to spend the money. That's nice that he thought of it. I guess now it'll be a very quiet day here, at least I HOPE so. We don't need more drama anytime soon.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #109  
Southside White Sox Fan

BTW, I think sitting by the pool, eating/drinking/reading, sounds like a fabulous vacation!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #110  
Melissa

Goodness you all have been busy chatting this weekend!

Frouf, I'm so sorry. I'm sure Vickie's right and that a lot of your emotion could be related to TOM. But I think we have all gone through those times when we could just break down, even in the middle of the mall. And don't ever worry about being a "downer."

Vickie, I'm sorry that the scale is up a little for you. You are so dedicated and inspiring and I know that things are going to go "down" for you very soon. Have you been on the treadmill yet?

Kathy, bless Bridge's heart! I hope that all is well and all the blood is cleaned up. Why do we live with animals anyway? I couldn't go without mine, I know. They are almost as much trouble as kids. Glad to hear taht you had such a great time this weekend.

Rose, yes Murphy is my dog! But he doesn't know that. He is rotten to the core.

We spent yesterday visiting parents and then doing some things around the house. DH was using the computer last night so I didn't get online to check on you all. I'm that I at least break even on this biggest loser thing. I'm thinking Monday and Tuesday I will be drinking a ridiculous amount of water and tea to flush myself out. I don't even care about losing at this point, I just don't want to show a gain!

Well DH is still at church so I think I might mow the front yard for him. Since we got a manual mower it is fabulous exercise, plus it is beautiful here today. Very summery.

I hope that you all have wonderful Sundays!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #111  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Luck on the Biggest Loser thing, Melissa! I'm still pondering the treadmill thing. White Sox Baseball starts at 1:15. I guess I could watch the game while I walk. I decided I'm hungry so I'm going to go eat lunch in about 15 minutes. If I walk, it'll be after that.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #112  
Melissa

Thanks Vickie. You've done great with your treadmill goal this month. Congrats! Even if you don't walk today you are still going to accomplish your goal.
I'm terrible, I think about doing some kind of crash juice diet or something just so that I can weigh in less for the BL competition. I'm awful I know. I feel bad though because the joining the contest was my idea and I know that everyone else has lost, and I've gained!
Oh well, enough of that. I'm going to finish my lunch and mow.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #113  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I forgot to ask you if you saw the Chicago baseball highlights yesterday. And.....I forgot to talk with you about the people you met from Chicago/Bridgeport. The world is an amazingly small place. I'm going to go reread what you said about them. I don't know how I forgot that!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:42 PM   #114  
Southside White Sox Fan

Bridgeport is the area right around the ballpark. Chicago is funny...or maybe all big cities are like this. It's Chicago but the entire city is broken up into neighborhoods and they all have their own names and boundaries. It's kind of like the suburbs but within the city. Did you talk baseball with them?
Old 05-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #115  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, don't feel bad. You have a lot going on and have had a lot going on. I think you should win just for NOT gaining during this unbelievably trying time in your life. I mean, after all, you finished your class AND bought a house/closed/moved. What a remarkable woman you are. I'm sure I'd have gained about 10 pounds. Tell them I said...you win!
Old 05-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #116  

Hi all: Just got back from Church, it was all about the Da Vinci code and how some people might start to believe it. It was interesting though.

First of all I want to say how sorry I feel for those that are hurting. Life can be so unfair sometimes. Froufie I could have cried for you when you said you were sitting watching everyone go by and you feeling so down about things.
I have been asked to take the course and be a Stephen's Minister. Listening to your thoughts I know I could never be, as I would be crying along with the person who was hurting.

Kathy, your poor cat, hope all is well now. I have never had animals because of Allergies but I can relate with the sadness we feel when are animals are hurt.

Hey Sandra, where are you this fine day? Have you ever tried the Core pumpkin pie recipe, with cream of wheat? Actually I did not care for it until I added more Splenda, and then hey, it was not bad at all. Also did you notice "Loving" I still wonder how long it will continue. I am not sure what to think it may be too much for her with working full time. She seems like such a nice person.

Vicki, you have done so well with your diet, maybe your body just needed a rest and will perk up again and go forth with flying colours. I am having a devil of a time trying to lose. I am not giving up though even though my Dr. told me not to worry about it as long as I felt good. I have AF, my heart was racing but they have it under control with meds.

Melisa, so how is life treating you since you got home, Murphy still chasing you around?

Waving to Niki and Angela. Hope you are enjoying the weekend. It is our long weekend in Canada. We did not go to the cottage as the weather is the terrible. Rain, Rain, Rain and cool. I sometimes feel guilty, as I have said, the cottage is really a home on the lake and it is only used about 3 months of the year. We could go in the winter but we are too old for all the winter sports. Our Son lives in Constance Bay on the water and our daughter is a Nurse and she works every other weekend so they do not go up in the winter either.

If anyone wants to chat on the phone it is not long distance for me any where in Canada or the U.S. You could send me your phone # on the private message if you want. I have had some nice talks with Sandra. Sandra reminds me of my sister (passed away in her early 50's) They are and were fun people. I miss my sister very much, she was American. Actually my young sister is also an American and lives in the U.S.
Well enough, take care all and remember don't take any wooden nickels.
Blue Skies,
Rose

Last edited by RoseB; 05-21-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #117  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. it's a gorgeous day here. we just got home from practicing a 900 round (40, 50, 60 yds) and are feeling great. looks like we'll go play bingo later. there are guys here painting the outside of the house so i don't want to be working in the rosebeds right now.

kathy, i hope your cat is doing better. i used to have a cat named "meow meow" that would go off and come home injured. had him 13 years and nursed him through many catfights. at least i always thought they were catfights. could have been dog/cat.

frouf, my good friend, i hope you are in better spirits today. have you thought (or do you have time?) about going to ww meetings? they are very uplifting. back in my "other life" i used to spend many many lonely hours driving around crying. i understand your moodiness. please take care of yourself.

vickie, your meal sounds yummy. we haven't grilled outdoors yet. it's almost too much of a hassle since curtis does a "major" grill cleaning before and afterwards. i'm not as clean as he is.

vickie, please do your treadmill.

melissa, i am impressed that you're mowing. lookout 180's--here she comes!!! you are sounding like you're back to yourself again and are ready to start dropping. chug that water but eat enough to stay healthy. (this is the old teacher in me being bossy)

rose, you know my number. i'd love to chat. i saw a hummingbird on the feeder out back last night. you should have seen my smile. i have not tried that pumpkin pie. i do add extra splenda most of the time when i'm making ww desserts. you and i are a lot alike with our sweet teeth, aren't we? i haven't checked on loving for a day or so. guess i'd best go take a peek.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-21-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #118  

Good afternoon ladies! It's sunny here, and beautiful. We really need to get our garden planted, but I'm betting it might wait a few more days. I ended up taking all the girls to the immediate care place here, as they all had fevers last night. Turns out middle dd has an ear infection (which I KNEW), and oldest dd has strep throat! (which I heavily suspected). So all 3 are on antibiotics. Thankfully, dh went to the store and brought back popsicles, ice cream, a stack of kid movies, and some snacks for me.

I hear little dd yelling to get up, so I'll check in later...

Angela
Old 05-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #119  

Good evening Ladies, wow I can't believe it is the evening already. Had a busy weekend, took dd to a princess tea party yesterday, we got home around 10pm.
Today I took ds to his soccer game, came back & steam cleaned the carpets & kitchen floor. I will catch up on yesterday & todays posts and will be back.

Hi Rose, I am waiving back!!
Old 05-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #120  
Southside White Sox Fan

I didn't get on the treadmill. I feel very moody myself today. Bad PMS!
Closed Thread