Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #91  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Kath, be sure to watch the baseball highlights tonight. It'll give you a good feeling for what it's like to have two baseball teams in the same town and a HUGE rivalry. There was a fight today between the Sox and Cubs. Amazing. It involved my favorite play at the plate between two Catchers. Of course, bad boy AJ was involved!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:42 PM   #92  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Da Vinci code was very good - basic premise of the story but a few parts missing and/or shortened - I am wondering if you had not read the book if you might find it more confusing? The book gives much more historical and background information. All in all very well done tho!

Got up a 10:30 due to phonecall from gf in Toronto - after talking to her about things I just felt like crying - which I did - and w/TOM here I just feel so blue - never mind the cramps and bloating - not a happy Froufie today!

Had breakfast (bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon) then finally took little ds to the library to get his own card - he was so excited and very proud of himself! the funniest was him signing the back of his card - made a mistake with the last name - and tried to fix it - it is so cute and funny! Says he is keeping the card in his 'safe' at home. There is also an automatic checkout at the library so I showed him how to use that - very thrilling for a 7 yr old - took out 4 books for himself and a dvd on the space shuttle (still claims he shall be a future astronaut).

Dd getting ready to go to dad's house (after sleepover at her friends) - I have to drive her cuz he is having vision problems again! And it's a very yucky rainy gray day out there - sure matches my mood!

Nothing else planned - instead of doing garden work - dh worked on his 'basement cleanup project' which is helpful - I went thru a couple of boxes of 'knick knacks' and will give some away.

Kathy - have fun tonight - the spread does sound yummy - sorry you couldn't sleep - - did you get to nap? how was the walmart trip?

Vickie - how about you? Sure hope you got a nap in there somewhere! I am feeling tired now (went to bed at 2 am and woke up at 10:30).

Melissa - I agree that it's hard to concentrate on the eating with all the organizing and moving you've been doing - hang in there!

Sandra - have fun w/the grands - any plans?
Rose - my gf has a magic bullet and just loves it! And I don't think it's that hot yet in Florida? We went to WDW last July - never again in the summer - talk about walking into a sauna! UGH!

Time to chauffeur!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #93  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I have been in the bathroom ALL day. I hope it's all the excess water coming out from the Chinese food. I know....TMI! Did I tell you how proud I was of myself that I didn't eat ANY rice? No nap for me. I've been working on the budget. I just got online to make a transfer and decided to check in. I believe there is a buble bath in my immediate future. I might nap there.

My food is marinating and I'm making an easy dinner tonight.

Rose/Kathy, I could not stand the sauna effect. Humidity really knocks me out. I'd be inside all the time.

Frouf, did you get any good advice or different perspective from GF. After all, she and you other GF know your DH and I'm thinking they might have some valuable insight. I'm sorry you're so blue. I hope I never had to go through what you are dealing with. Neither Jim nor I read Da Vinci Code. He is still trying to decide if he wants to go. Reviewers are saying that Hanks performance was "wooden".

Rose, I don't know anyone who has the magic bullet, but it seems cool from the informercial.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #94  
focused and aiming

rose, i'm having a blast buying clothes already. i know i need to stop till i get much much closer to goal. it's just so nice to "want" to buy clothes again. and i know this is all mental cuz i'm not really much smaller yet.

frouf, thanks for the info on the code. curtis and i will prob go see it next week (especially if it's raining). we didn't have any plans for the grands. however, they are both helping with the embroider projects. the little one chose what set to use and colored the sample copies so i'll know what colors to embroider. the older one (already had coloring done) learned how to embroider so she's in there using my stuff now practicing her backstitch on an old cuptowel. we'll have to go buy projects for them to embroider. next time they're here we'll all have looms and can work at the same time.

they'll be going home shortly. we've had a good visit. they are already talking about next weekend. grandpa is suggesting camping. i may need to save some energy for that one.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #95  

Height: 5'7"

Lordy, what a day! We went to eat Mexican food (I don't think I even care anymore on the weekends), then to big WM. I got everything except for sheets, but that's okay since no guests are expected anytime soon. We came home and I dumped Judd out, then I left again and went to the gas station, Cato to buy a few tanks, several stores looking for a white belt that I didn't find, then went to get my hair fixed. I came home and got ready, now I'm waiting for Judd to get ready because his friend is coming over to ride with us tonight.

At lunch, there was a young couple with two baby/toddler boys. They were dressed alike and very cute, so I asked the mom if they were twins. She said they were 5-1/2 months apart -- they adopted and then found out she was pregnant right around the same time. The boys were dressed in White Sox shirts and then I looked at the dad, who was in a Bulls shirt. I asked if they were Southside, and he said yes that he had grown up in Bridgeport. I guess they've just lived here for a few months. The boys were just SO cute, probably one around a year and the other about 18 months old, I'd guess.

So Sandra, speaking of buying clothes, today I got a really cute white tank top that has a very low V-neck front, but in the V is woven strips of cloth so you can't really see the ta-tas. I like it. I also got another one that's turquoise and has some silver studs in a pattern but Judd vetoed that one, so it goes back. I have new silver sandals that I thought I could wear with it, but nooooooo. I might keep it anyway and wear it at times when I'm not around him. He ain't the boss o' me!

As for the sheets, MIL gets them at Tuesday Morning and they're usually in the 400 range. They are almost like satin they're so smooth. I can really tell the difference when I'm on other sheets now. She had gotten us some last summer, then two sets at Christmas, and then FIL bought some to put in with our Valentines gifts from them. They are big on giving gifts for every occasion.

Oh and speaking of them, MIL called last night and said that FIL's SIL (his brother's wife) had breast cancer, which we knew because she just had surgery last Tuesday for it, but they got the report that it was in the lymph nodes and quite advanced. Then his uncle, FIL's late sister's husband, has Stage IV lung cancer. That uncle's daughter (Judd's cousin) just left her husband this week as well. Good night, that's a lot of family news all at once. The aunt lives in Winchester KY and all others live in Cincinnati. I told Judd we should go visit.

Time to get ready to hit the party scene. Yeah, right. I'm just hoping I can stay good to make up for a bad, yet tasty, lunch. If not though, I'm still hanging below 145 so that's all I care about.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #96  
focused and aiming

kathy, sounds like you had a good day. where did you go for mexican food? my nephew is going to work at don pablo's this summer. have fun tonight!!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #97  
focused and aiming

Old 05-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #98  
focused and aiming

i finally figured it out. now i'll go delete the other copies of this photo.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #99  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ohhhh....I want to know how. Sandra can you PM me?

Kathy, you were awful busy....but good busy. We have Tuesday Morning here. I've only been there once. I should go back some day. Your tops sound cute. I think you should keep them all. Sorry about all the bad family news. It seems like when it rains it pours.

I had my bubble bath and I'm now off to watch TV. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #100  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow - Kathy - a lot to take in for your family - good luck to those in a bad situation.

I have no idea of my thread count of my sheets - they are the pattern that matches the comforter/pillows, etc! that's all I know!

Sandra - I think it's wonderful that you are teaching the grands about embroidery - what a nice thing to do together - and I'm sure they will remember it for a long time to come. Definitely save up on your energy for next weekend!

Vickie - hope you had a good dinner - and did enjoy a bubble bath? I was actually also comtemplating the bathtub? A rarity for froufs - my face is broken out a bit (due to TOM) and I was thinking of find a mud mask (dd's bathroom is a good place to start!) - and steaming in the tub? I am suffering from TOM back pains and stomach pains and no position is comfortable for me right now.

I am laying low (on the computer) as I don't feel like I'm fit to be with people! Ended up going to the mall this afternoon with ds and dh as I was dropping off dd at her dad's she mentioned something about having to buy black capris from Old Navy for one of her dance costumes (now she tells me). Big confusion as to whether dance teacher was buying them or we had too - so instead of going to chapters for coffee treat - ended up at the mall where my depression took a big dive for the worse!

What is wrong with me? I found ONE pair of flared capris in black (I know she'll say they're not the right kind - yes I have the bill) then browsed around a bit getting more and more upset and discouraged? I do need a new pair of black pants/black jeans - as my stretch black denim straight leg (yes they are like a decade old) finally wore thru in the thigh area - but I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything.

Then I sit on a bench watching everyone walk by - they all look good - nice hair, makeup (I am 'naked") -and everyone has a waistline and is having a good time. I just want to cry - AT THE MALL!

Dh and dd show up - they get ice cream - I get an iced coffee - then home. Ate dinner even tho my tummy hurts (steak, baked potato, corn on the cob) and sf rice pudding for dessert - I still feel crappy tho.

dh is asking me to go downstairs to watch movie so I'll go see what's on!

Sorry to be such a downer
Old 05-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #101  

Hey now, don't apologize for that! You're certainly entitled to your feelings, no matter what they are. I just wish you felt better about things. I think you're exhausted and you know how everything seems worse when you're so tired. Maybe tomorrow will be better and your tummy won't hurt as much.

We were at the party and the cell phone rang. It was Erin saying something was wrong with the cat. They found a trail of blood leading from the laundry room to my bedroom, where the cat was. Then the cat ran to the family room coffee table and sat on the bottom shelf, bleeding more. They were cleaning up the first trail while he was bleeding in the family room, and when they went to get him from the coffee table, he ran under my bed. They cleaned up the coffee table and were trying to get him out from under my bed when they called. I told them we were leaving shortly and to try and get him out if they could. Five minutes later Shaun calls and says they've tried everything. We were out the door by then anyway, and when we got home the cat was out and still bleeding heavily. It seems as though it could have been the Border Collie who got him because it's a round puncture wound on his tail and back leg, which looks like a bite, and the Border has a lot of blood on her too. She has no cuts though, just blood on her fur where possibly it flew off of the cat onto her. Judd has taken the cat to the 24-hr emergency animal hospital. Poor guy was really wailing.

Judd just called from the hospital with his theory on what happened though. He thinks it could have been either Bindy (Border) or Zuki chasing him and one of them might have nipped or scratched him, but Bindy was the one who got blood on her since she's taller. We'll never know but I'm sure Judd would rather not spend his Saturday evening at an animal hospital and Bridge would rather not be in pain. He's still wailing and sorta hunkered down in the carrier.

Okay, well I'm going to try and get some sleep now. I am pretty worn out. Be back in the morning.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #102  

Hey! Where is everybody!

Here's a cat update: $440 and he still has to go to our regular vet tomorrow. They may have to amputate his tail because it's cool at the tip and not getting blood flow. Lovely, huh? Judd said at this rate, we won't be getting a vacation. It's times like this I wished we had credit cards! Okay, maybe not, but still these unexpected expenses are a killer.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #103  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I slept for 3 hours on the couch last night since I never did get that nap. Then I proceeded to go to bed at 11:00 and sleep until 7:30. I was plumb tuckered out.

Frouf, dear friend, I do SO wish that I lived closer to you. I'm sure some of your despair comes from the TOM hormones. I know it's more than that though. Do you ever see the therapist alone? I've never gone to a therapist, but if I were feeling as bad as you are, I think I'd consider going to talk with someone. At this point, it would be nice to hear what an objective, trained 3rd party has to say. All I want to do is defend you because you're my friend. It may be the only way to get your emotions and life back on track so that you can start to feel better. Kathy is right that you are exhausted. And no one helps you or seems to appreciate you. Worse yet, no one seems to be noticing the pain that you are in. I'm not a huge Dr. Phil fan (he'd hurt my feelings probably in the first 30 seconds....I'm a little sensitive), but he does say something alot that I think is valuable. He says "you teach people how to treat you" and then also "how's that working for you?". I don't know for sure what I'd do if I were in your situation because I've never had the huge responsibility of children or a husband who wasn't a full, participating partner. I do know that I'd be shouting for help from the rooftops. You should be happily enjoying your life. I suspect that it's not just the weight getting you down. I think that's just the final straw. I hope things get better for you soon. I believe you are a wonderful woman and deserve better than what you are going through right now. Please forgive my forty cents worth. It's just that I've come to like you so much and wish I could change it all for you.

Kathy, poor Bridge! I hope he doesn't have to lose part of his tail. You'll never know what really happened. I hate to think of the clean up project in your house today. It's a big ordeal when Cassie's toenails bleed and she runs through the house. Do you have somthing that works to get the blood out? $440 is a big unexpected expense for a month! Are you and Judd planning a vacation to someplace exotic?

Niki, how are you doing on program this week?

Saundra, are you back from vacation yet?

Jim is at the grocery stores getting us some supplies and food for dinner. It's going to be bone in pork chops, baked potato, and corn on the cob on the grill! I'm so excited because this will be our first grill of the season. Best of all, it means Jim cooks dinner. I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. My scale is still high this morning which is really depressing. I've exercised twice this week, consumed large amounts of water and other decaf beverages, and followed the healthy eating guidelines. I've carefully tracked my WPA's. I guess maybe my dinner portions got too big a couple of nights. I wasn't going to exercise today but maybe I should. I've got that weigh in tomorrow, darn it.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-21-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #104  

We were talking about going to Cozumel but since I can't dive, it would just to sit by the pool and eat, drink, and rest a whole lot. I don't know what we'll do now. Maybe we can still go but I guess it'll be up to the travel agent to find us something. We have a lady we've worked with for years because she used to plan the dive trips we organized for work.

As for cleanup, the kids had all the spots on the carpet cleaned up by the time we got home. That was a relief. He kept bleeding as Judd took him from the bedroom to the kitchen where I was waiting with the carrier but fortunately that was all on tile. It's kinda sick how they found out he was hurt though. They had gone to On The Border (mexican restaurant) and got takeout. Erin asked Shaun if there was a hole in the salsa container because there was red droplets all over the kitchen. He checked and said no, and then they looked more closely and discovered it was blood. They checked all the dogs and found nothing at the time, but one of them walked into the laundry room and there was a smear of blood all up the front of the washer where Bridge had jumped up there. Oh and the vet said the bites were small ones, which means it was probably Zuki.

Judd's still playing golf today though but I'm thinking it'll be his last time for a few weeks. We need to let the checkbook take a big breather! I'll probably just sit outside and read my book, but am going to the store later as we are also grilling tonight. I think I'll get some corn for the others -- that sounds really good.

Wonder where the rest of them are today?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:40 AM   #105  
Southside White Sox Fan

Will somebody please tell me to walk on the treadmill this morning. I'm lacking motivation and energy. I'll have plenty of energy left to whine tomorrow morning if I gain again.
Closed Thread