Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 10:12 AM   #136  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Thank you all SO much for my birthday wishes. I only have a minute because I have to get out of here lickety split. I've a millions things I want to do today and Niece needs me to pick up some medicine for Baby Sarah.

I'll be back later!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:24 AM   #137  
Melissa

I hope that you have a great day Vickie! Enjoy baby Sarah too.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #138  

Height: 5'7"

Ah, Melissa ... now that makes sense. But no, I'm back to the regular schedule. I would have to fill in the gaps with vacation time and can't do that if I have a chance on earth of taking a real vacation this summer. Enjoy your day with your mom!

My scale was a whopping 147 this morning! I just about fainted! That's the nekkid empty weight too! I am pushing the water and trying to recover; if I'm not 142 at home on Wednesday, that means my w/i will show a gain and that is unacceptable.

Bridge is at the vet this morning getting everything checked out, so we'll see how that goes. Zuki is grounded, as you might have guessed. I am thoroughly ticked at him.

Enjoy your day, Vickie! I stayed up past midnight specifically to post the happy birthday thread! (Thanks girlfriend, now I'm gonna be tired all day!! )
Old 05-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #139  

Thanks for the info. I`ll try contacting the nearest weight watchers and hopefully, they'll have the core program in Mexico (sometimes we are a little behind in these matters....). Good luck to you all in your weighting!!
What is consider a serving of brown rice or whole wheat pasta, like 1/2 a cup? Thanks and best regards,
Maggie
Old 05-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #140  

Hi all: Just wanted to say we are on our way to Ottawa should be back on the weekend. Our son phoned and asked us to come down for a few days. He seemed down. The divorce has been hard on him.
Sandra I don't know why you can not reach me by emailing, funny eh? I have got other emails today. Keep up the good work with the dieting girl.
Well must run, don't forget me gals.
Rose
Old 05-22-2006, 12:39 PM   #141  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Wondering if anyone might have some advise. I'm giving the Core Plan a try. I'm desperate. I am a WW from way, way, way back but can't seem to get in control with the Points system. Hope Core will be the answer. But I'm not sure how it works. I did read my booklet and know that it's limited (not much different from the Old, old, old ww plan). But I'm confused I guess. Are there any "Menu plan" available, that seems to give me the guidance I need. Suggestons for B/L/D and snacks. Sorry to be so dumb about this, I was hoping I could get some info from you experts.

jps
Old 05-22-2006, 12:57 PM   #142  
focused and aiming

nikki, i'm glad your neighbors are going to do something about their dandelions. maybe ours will, too. like i said earlier, they are nice guys and good neighbors. this has just gotten ahead of them.

lynne, welcome to the boards. congratulations on losing those 30 lbs. that's very impressive. i bet you're feeling pretty good, aren't you?

melissa, i got the all clear for everything but the hot tub. i go back in 2 weeks and should get that "go" then. now i can start bowling!!! get you a hummingbird feeder. you'll enjoy watching those little buggers.

happy birthday, vickie!!!!!

kathy, i hope your scales get friendlier. i have to tell you, though, you're a gorgeous woman.

rose, i hope all is well with ds. be safe and have a good trip. i'll try to email you another.

maggie, i'd say just look on the package and see what they say about serving size.

jps, take some peeks at the menus posted here. don't pay attention to mine, though, cuz i'm mainly counting pts and not true to core right now.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:57 PM   #143  

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure which booklet you're referring to, but if it's your Week 1 (Getting Started) book, it starts on page 22 and gives you all the info you need to get started. Due to legal issues with WW, we aren't allowed to spell out plan specifics here. You can probably find specifics on the internet if you do a Google search though. You might also want to look at our daily menu threads to see what sorts of things we eat, and there's also a big recipe section too. As for menu plans, I'm unaware of anything like that.

Good luck! I'm truly sorry that I can't be more specific but I know you'll be able to find the info you need.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #144  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Thank You Kathy! It's so nice to feel so welcomed and understood. I think I'm just a bit overwhelmed with the Core Plan and have to sort it out bit by bit. It says I can have shredded wheat, but not how much....does it not use 1/2 cup etc? Google? Duh!!!! I'm at work now, but I'm going to google it anyway...
I would love to come back and chat with you all. I'll let you know how it's going...Thank you again
Old 05-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #145  

On Core, I usually eat the serving size listed on the box (for cereal). Then, the beauty of the program is, if you're still truly hungry, you can eat more.

After a while, you figure out what is a reasonable size serving for you.

Angela
Old 05-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Had a good day at work today. I am usually better when I am at work, I don't snack as much. Took a long walk at lunch, now that it isn't raining every day! The last two weeks it has poured every day, so no walks, I missed them!
w/i is on Thurs. so I will know then if I am off the plateau or not!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #147  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Afternoon, Chicks!

I just got home from lunch, the medicine run for baby Sarah, and my errands. I'm now going to go spend my birthday afternoon with my hubby. Kathy, I noticed that you posted my Happy Birthday message at 12:01, just one minute after I turned 50! You are the sweetest woman around. Actually, I was born at 5:11 pm right in time for dinner. No surprise there!

I really will be back later.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:42 PM   #148  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh yeah....I stayed the same. Not good news for next week though since TOM is looming. Oh well, it's a marathon and not a sprint!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #149  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKIE - hope your day is going great - and that baby sarah is not too sick????

Kathy - guess zuki is in the 'dog house'? ha ha ha Hope Bridge ends up okay.

Rose - hi to you in Ottawa!! (where r u?)

Sandra - bet you can't wait to get into the hot tub - hope you get the all clear from the dr.

Angela - how are the girls doing? hope the meds have kicked in and they are not driving you crazy!

Melissa - we constantly struggle w/dandelions - seems that being a corner lot we get all those love 'seeds' - we have tried everything - and everything works - to a certain extent - we sure need to be vigilant!

Welcome lynne - sounds like you are doing great and i agree that perhaps you can share some of your successes w/us too!

1old fl - welcome too - Core may seem intimidating at first but basically you can eat fruits, veggies, ff dairy, lean proteins and whole grains (some limited) until 'satisfied'- which is the key - they are no real 'portions' but some do still like to keep track of what they consume! Good luck.

I am feeling crappy still - I thnk I have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of value this weekend - and instead of feeling rested and refreshed I feel bored and depressed. I think I really needed to get away? I am already dreading work tomorrow - realized I have a deadline to submit some docs for Friday. Asked my team member to do some of the preliminary paperwork but she is really not qualified so I need to rewrite a lot of it! Also have a couple of those 2 hour meetings this week, another therapist appt w//dd on thursday and as we are approaching dance recital she has rehearsals every night this week! (I am on my way right now to take her to her ballet rehearsal).

I just wish I would snap out of this deep funk! I feel like I have nothing to really look forward to? Nothing excites me anymore! (I have tickets to see the broadway show "chicago' which is in town next week - and I don't seem to care if I go or not? Very strange of me. Usually take my best gf - but my nail lady/friend is looking for tickets - I could take her - or maybe even sell her my tickets?)

Time to go chauffeur again!
Old 05-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #150  

I can't go to WW tonight, I forgot I have to take ds to sign up for Cub Scouts at 7pm and the meeting starts at 7pm, so I will have to take dd with me at the 10am classs tomorrow, and guess what I JUST GOT TOM!!!!!!!!!! aaaahhhhh
Closed Thread