Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 02:07 AM   #46  
focused and aiming

frouf, i don't know what to say either except i care about you. you are a special friend.

vickie, kaching!! i hear the slots now.

kathy, i almost bought some pimiento cheese today. guess we're thinking alike. i love a good pimiento cheese sandwich.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #47  

Good morning ladies. Froufie, I agree with Kathy. If there's no reason for your dh to change, he won't. It's hard because he is an adult - not your child. But if you're supporting him, you have some say over him, I'd say.

Vickie and Sandra, I always thought I was pretty good around surgery/wounds etc. But when little dd cut open her cheek a few years ago, and they were stitching her up, I almost fainted. I was fine holding her in the waiting room at the ER, getting her there, etc, but when it came to the stitching, I almost lost it.

Angela
Old 05-18-2006, 09:27 AM   #48  

Good Morning ladies, I am so excited, today my ds gets his cast off. He'll still have to wear a plastic wrist brace for 10 days, but at least I can take it off to bathe him.

Vickie have a great time and win lots of money. My Mom & I want to go to Mohegans Sun which is in Connecticut, so we will take the ferry across from Long Island.

froufy, I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time ( a swift kick in the rear might make him move a little faster to find a job . Things will get better, it always seem to work out. My dh works his tail off with his regular job & side work since I am a sahm and we just about make our bills, there are days when I get depressed and want to cry but then I really think about it and I do have a good life.

Kathy don't hate me, I know you want taylor to win but I do like Catherine, she really does have a beautiful voice

Rose your story about you and your Grandson had me in hysterical, too funny.

Sandra wow, I can't believe it cost you $1500 when you passed out
Glad it was nothing serious.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 AM   #49  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's a nice sunny day here in north Texas!

Angela, I'm right there with you on the stitches thing. I think I could look at blood on a face easier than I could see them stitching the cut. Fortunately when my kids got their stitches, I was usually in the waiting room with the other kids and their dad would be in the room watching. He's more squeamish than I am though so I don't know how he did it. I must have looked away.

PT went okay but now it sure does hurt! I know that's to be expected but she pushed and pulled until I thought my foot would fall off. I think I'm going with that epsom salt theory and will start soaking it at night after I do the exercises.

I guess Vickie's a bazillionaire by now, huh? Maybe she'll share with us!!

Niki, congrats to your DS for healing up! I know you'll all be glad to get rid of the cast.

I should do some work now. I'll be back later on.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #50  

Good morning all: Kathy I like you, did not want Elliott to go, he has a marvellous voice. I guess he will do alright though.

I wonder how Vicki made out, bet she had fun even if she did not come home with piles of money. lol
I went to Rama and I said to hubby, hope I don't see anyone from the Church and low and behold one of the Church ladies came over and tapped me on the shoulder. lol We laugh about that now and I tease her. What is the difference between buying stocks, mutual funds etc. (which I have always done.) There has been some sad cases here though when Rama first opened up, people were actually losing their homes by gambling. Also a couple of people committed suicide at Rama. Now that is sad .

Niki, that is good the cast came off. Poor guy, how old is he anyway? I guess I have missed that.

Sandra that was a lot of money to hand over, wow. I was in the hospital last year for 2 weeks having tests etc. and it did not cost me a penny. I had a semi private room. Our medical system is very good but we do pay higher taxes then you do in the U.S.

Today we get the grands, we always see our daughters children but since our son and dil are divorced we do not see the children as often. I feel so sad about the divorce but what can you do. It is hard on the children.I went out and bought lots of fun things for them and we are going over to our daughters house so the grands can be together. I buy lots of clothes for the children but my ex dil never tells me if she likes them, or if they fit.

Sandra, what a good thing you told me about if you spill a little milk do you spill the rest. I should have heard that before I ate the corn bread as I thought oh well might as well have more. Not good, as I ate more then two pieces.

Well must go and see what I can scare up for lunch, dh wants to eat early so we can go to the store.
Blue skies, (not really, raining again, it has rained for days)
Rose
Old 05-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #51  

Hi Rose, My son is 6 and I also have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter, who at this moment is having another tantrum. She pulled all the puzzles out of the cabinet, so I told her to clean up, she told me NO! so I took her bottles(yes she is still on a bottle, that is a whole other issue) away and told her she can not have a bottle till she picks up the puzzle pieces. Now she is screaming at me telling me I'm a meanie(lol) she got that from her older brother.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 AM   #52  

Niki I should not laugh but I could just picture your daughter. My daughter did that once laid on the floor screaming "I don't like you" I quietly said, "that is too bad, but I love you." She stopped for a few min. but then kept it up for about a min and then came over to me and was fine. I often reminder her of that when she gets upset with her children.
Enjoy your children though as time goes by too quickly, I am having fun with the grands. (can you tell I love kids) I am one of those Nana's that call up and ask if I can have the kids for the day.
Blue skies,
Rose
Old 05-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #53  

Girls what are those two eggs???

Oh I only see one egg on my post.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #54  

You'll only see one egg on your post, the one with the yolk. That means you're online. The other that has a red exclamation point in it is to report a bad post and since you wouldn't report your own bad post, you won't see it in your own posts. Make sense?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:13 PM   #55  

Rose my daughter is very fiesty and my mom gets a kick out of it. In a way it is good she definitly stands up for herself, my son on the other hand is so sensitive, he could be watching a cartoon and if there is a sad scene he will be balling his eyes out, if I scold his sister he tells me to stop it. He is very easy going, such a good boy, he will make someone a wonderful husband, my daughter will make her husband bald (lol).

I really do enjoy them, I am having the time of my life with them, I know time goes by real fast and it is scary. My mom always says your problems haven't started yet, wait till they start driving and going out with friends, at least now you know where they are at all times and they are safe. I think about when I was going out with my friends and would stroll in wee hours of the morning and my mom sitting on my bed waiting for me, back then I couldn't understand why she just didn't go to bed, now I fully understand.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #56  

Hi Niki, guess we all go through all these stages with the kids.
Kathy I understand about the yolk but what do you mean by bad posts, am I missing something here, as I notice you all seem to have the exclamation marks. Sorry for being so clueless.
Rose
Old 05-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #57  

If you saw a bad post, like someone was advertising something or putting their email address in their post or cursing ... just inappropriate stuff that shouldn't be posted ... you would click on that egg with the exclamation point in it and it would send a message to a mod so they could check it out.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #58  
focused and aiming

we've been gone running errands almost all day. i am pooped. also, i'm hungry but hanging on to ww. wi is tomorrow. i can do this!!

angela, i understand the almost fainting. can't explain it but understand it.

nikki, i'm glad ds is getting the cast off. i'll bet he's ready to climb some trees.

kathy, i can't watch actors get shots in movies. lol

rose, been there done that with the cornbread. i talk a good story and know a lot of examples, but i still fall on the wayside a lot. enjoy your grands. we're getting ours tomorrow night.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! We had a BALL! We just got home after gambling for 8 hours. We only go twice a year but when we go we really whoop it up and do a marathon.

Jim won $5.00 and I won $600.00 (that doesn't include the money that I took with to gamble!).

Niece just called. I'll be back later.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #60  
focused and aiming

vickie, sounds like you and jim lived it up and had a blast. makes me smile.
Closed Thread