Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:37 AM   #226  
Southside White Sox Fan

Patti, I think your approach to Mother's Day is wonderful and I'm glad that you seem to have enjoyed your day so much. I guess we are all "birds of a feather" and that's why we are all here together. Seems as though we are all strong women who all cherish/ed their Moms. I really needed to recommit to Core. It is such a good program and I'm really ready to lose again. There is a woman who started after me who has already lost 65 pounds. I feel I could do better and I will. It will be nice to have your company.

Niki and Sandra, maybe I will plant a Peace. I've been thinking about her so much these last weeks. I think she asked Sandra to mention the peace rose. Maybe she wants me to know that she's at peace. I'd like to think so.

Niki, I think it's a FABULOUS idea to go back to regular weigh ins at WW. There is NO doubt that I do better when attending regularly. I don't get much support from the other attendees. Most of my daily support comes from the women here. But, I do get some great ideas and I need the accountability of the scale. It's a routine and it helps me. I hope it helps you as well.

Rose, thanks for the compliment! I just try to be the friend that I'd like others to be to me. Problem is that I'm not very nice to me sometimes. I'm trying not to fret (and that's a great word for what I'm doing!) and get on with business.

Kathy, I know wht you mean about being in between sizes. It's VERY frustrating. Maybe you'll conquer this when you start to exercise. I think your eating is generally spectacular so exercise may be your only hope. You'll probably tone enough to get into the 6's. I know that would make you happy enough to not care about the number on the scale. I think you just may have to be patient until you are back on your feet (literally!) and try to keep eating healthy. We enjoyed Grey's Anatomy tonight too. I was shocked because I NEVER expected Burke to be shot. OMG. I can't wait for tonight! What am I going to do without my shows all summer? Uh....maybe get a life?!

Angela, how are you doing today? Are you all the way back on the wagon?

Melissa, have a safe trip. We'll miss you.

Time for a menu thread. I've got dinner planned at least.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #227  
Melissa

Vickie, I'm sorry that you had such a rough night. Bless your friend, she is really going through it isn't she? And poor Cassie, I'm hoping that all is well. I'll be praying for both of them (and you too!).

Kathy, so I guess work went okay for you yesterday? Did it feel good to get back? I'm sorry that you are "yo-yoing" but maybe it is just daily fluctuation and not real weight.

Sandra, sounds like you are a busy beaver as usual. Your roses are beautiful I'm sure!

Patti, it sounds like you had a great mother's day.

Rose, we're so glad to have you join us.

Sorry to be so brief girls but I'm kind of in a hurry. I'm only at work until noon then running home to get my stuff before heading out. My co-worker is driving so I'm working around her schedule today. that it goes quickly and that everything will be well. I get really, really anxious about leaving home, especially without DH. I don't know what it is. When I was a kid it was leaving home without my mother, or vice versa. I would always worry about bad things happening while we were apart. And now I'm struggling with the same things. It's so silly, and I know it, so I'm really trying to fight it. I hate being away from home (DH!).

Anyway, I hope that you all have a great week. I may not be back on for awhile.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #228  
Southside White Sox Fan

Have a safe trip, Melissa! I understand the separation anxiety completely since I, too, have had it all my life. I'm glad that your coworker is driving and that you can kind of relax. Maybe you'll be able to get some walking in while your gone and don't have any other responsibilities. I hope you take the time to pamper yourself a bit in the evenings. What is your conference about?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #229  
Melissa

Thanks Vickie. The conference is at a state park where there isn't much except hiking trails and a river. I wish the weather was going to be nicer, but I think it's going to be cool and rainy. I still hope to take some walks and spend time on the balcony reading and that sort of thing. The conference is abou case management with pregnant women, domestic violence/victimization, etc.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #230  

Hi Ladie, well I did it, I joined Weight Watchers last night. Seems like I am the only one out of the whole meeting who is following core. Flex is good, but I seem more in control on Core. Choo Choo, did you see my train moved a little, I did 10 minutes on my bike yesterday, I also did 40 crunches & leg lifts. 10 min was all I could do on the bike, I am really out of shape, the bike is a killer It is a full body worout, the handle bars move back & forth. I will get on it today & try to do a little more.

Hi P.A glad you had such a great mothers day, next year I think we will stay home and relax

Sandra I plan on planting some pretty rose bushes. I just love the way they look & smell. We have a split rail fence in our front yard & we have a couple of rose bushes there that do okay, I think it is too shaded, My moms roses are gorgeous she lives in the city and her back yard is the size of my front flower bed and with no trees so she gets tons of sunlight.

Vickie sorry to hear about your friend , I am glad she is positive & upbeat, 80 % chance of a match is great news. I just got my Halfiger support slippers 5 minutes ago And I am wearing them. Let me tell you, these are sooooo comfortable, I feel the arch support right under my arch and feels really good kind of like a massage. The wool is not itchy, I will let you know if my feet get hot and if my heel pain improves by wearing these at home. So far I love them.

Melissa have a wonderful & safe trip

Kathy I weigh different every time I get on the scale(mine is known to be a liar . I even weighed 4lbs more at weight watchers( that scale is also a liar than at my doctors.

Hi frouf, my son did the same thing with the vomiting, now my daughter is doing it, My husband said the other night there is not one corner of this hose that has not been puked on or peed on, Needless to say we bought a carpet steam cleaner many years ago.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #231  

Hi all this bright and sunny day, (well not really, but it can be in my heart, right)
First of all I want to say hello to Melissa, hi there. I am the same way about going away without hubby. Friends are always asking me to go with them on shopping trips and I make excuses. Strange eh? My daughter is not like that at all she is a RN Nurse and goes on trips with the nurses at least twice a year.

You must be a Social Worker, my sister has her Masters in Social Work and worked along the same line as you for years. She now stays home with her adopted little boy.

Vicki, I am so sorry about your friend, I can feel your sadness. I hope she is able to get a bone marrow match. You would think that the brothers would I guess it is not the same in families. I did not know that. She is very young to have all that trouble.
Cassie must be your dog, at least I hope it is, running all over the yard trying to get a sample. Lil Lets hope all is well for poor little Cassie.

Kathy, wow, size 6, that would be great, when I was 135 lbs. (before menopause) I wore size 12.
My Mother was 97 lbs and wore size 7. I think the sizes must have changed. I do know I can wear a smaller size in the U.S. as when I was going to school in Arizona I loved to buy the clothes in size 10. I now wear size 16, sometimes a 14 not often.

Sandra that "New Dawn Rose" never stopped blooming all summer and I did not do anything to help it along. As soon as the trees got too big though it did not bloom much. It would be completely covered all summer, and the smell was glorious.

I do not know if any of you young chicks have had a fungus problem in your toe nails. I did and my step brother (Doctor) recommended a med. I did not take it but my step mother did and it did not work. Well to make a long story short I read to put Vicks Vapourub on the nail twice a day for 2 months. I have put it on for about a month now and low and behold, it is just about gone. I showed my Dr. and he seemed surprised. My husband said as I got into bed, "What is that smell?" I told him it was my new perfume, "Vicki Victoria". lol

Niki good for you joining w.w. I do not go as I am away at the cottage off and on in the summer. I am also one of these people that want to try and do it on my own. (not doing so well though) I do have all the info. though and going to give it the old college try.

Another hint it you get a wart, wrap duct tape around it for days and it will disappear. I did that and it worked. I love all these home remedies. I was talking to a gal at a party last week and she said it worked for her daughter who had planter warts. Doesn't take much to amuse me, eh?

Well must run, will come back later, hello to you all and have a good day.
Blue Skies,
Rose.

Last edited by RoseB; 05-16-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #232  

Rose that is funny you should mention home remedies, yesterday at WW a women was talking about drinking a tablespoon of vinegar for migraines. She swears by it, said she spent days at a hospital with severe migraines that did not subside, then someone told her about the vinegar, she tried and said it works everytime. I have to tell my sil, she gets them bad.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #233  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Love those home remedies - I had also heard of the 'duct tape' remedy and hear it does work!

The roses all sound (and look) so lovely (esp the pink ones ) - I dare not try to grow those - I am sure our soil is the crappiest around and I need low maintenance stuff - altho I do love roses!

Vickie - so sorry you had a rough night and I know where you mind doesn't shut down it is hard to sleep! With 80% odds you friend has a great chance of finding a match and her attitude will surely help in the long run. Did I mention my dad had leukemia - had it for many years (with treatment). I think it actually runs in our family as another cousin has it as well (starts off with a high white blood cell count) - so I guess it's something I will have to have monitored as I get older? Hope Cassie's peepee is okay!

Niki - Of course I always thought those 'manipulative' kids belonged to someone else - not me! ha ha ha - well the joke's on me now! Congrats on joining WW - and getting that train out of the station! Slow and steady wins the race!

Melissa - try to enjoy the conference as much as you can - think of the grand reunion you and Aaron will have! While the topics sound a bit heavy the place sounds beautiful - i would love to be sitting out on a balcony looking at nature and reading a good book! Enjoy! (but we will miss you )

kathy - guess you survived your first day? How is your leg doing?

I'm home today by the way - just feeling blue and depressed and lethargic? probably exhausted. Went to bed around midnight - had a slight headace - took some advil.

Woke up and still tired - kept hitting that snooze button - still a bit of a headache - and decided to stay home altho frankly I am not really that sick - just feel like resting and doing nothing! Eating way off wack as I consume what I please. I sure wish I had some of your strength and determination Vickie - I am definitely an emotional eater but have problems recognizing this (until it's too late!).

While I am already dressed (and had a big breakfast) I am feeling a bit tired so might try and lie down for a bit. Dd also home today - very stuffed up with a cold and sore throat! (and she is 'off' the computer until we can actually see the bathroom counters and floor! - cleaning lady coming tomorrow!).

later,
Old 05-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #234  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, all. Another quick fly-by to say I'm at work, had a bad night, and will be counting the minutes until I leave at 2:30. I'll be back later.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #235  

Are you Froufy or are you Froufie, I think I have been calling you Froufie.
You sound rather blue this morning hope you can get into the pink zone soon.
Hope you are having better weather then us, it is rain, rain, rain here, in fact it has been hours of rain. I always feel much better when the sun shines. Have not talked to our son in Ottawa to see what it is like there.
Hope you do not get your daughters cold. Another hint, if you feel any scratch in your throat take a Zinc tablet right away and often it will not turn into a cold. It works for me every time. You do have to take a Zinc at the first sign though or it does not work.

Niki, must remember the Vinegar hint.

Isn't there another gal that lives in Ottawa, I can not remember her name.

Kathy hope you have not gone back to work too soon. Also hope you have a better night tonight.
Blue skies, (not today but I can dream can't I)
Old 05-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #236  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay - more info on the vinegar please? I also get migraines (at least once a month) and would love to hear about this? Maybe it's cuz the vinegar is so nasty you forget about the headache? ha ha ha

What kind of vinegar? (I know I have balsamic and cider in the house?) or does it matter?

Rose - sun is trying very hard to peek out today - it's bright but still a bit overcast - hope it does not rain ! I am really 'froufie' but due to a log on glitch I am also froufy - so it doesn't really matter as I answer to both!

Kathy - sorry you had a bad night - hope 2:30 comes quickly! did you ever get any new pain killers?

Okay dh is now home WITH HIS NIECE - (she is helping him out on a project - as she is studying industrial design at university). so he comes upstairs to check on what to make for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention our kitchen is a PIGSTY? How could you possibly bring anyone in to eat there? Crumbs on counter and kichen table - floor could use a sweeping - dishes in sink - some on counter as dishwasher needs to be emptied! yes we do let it get run down esp day before cleaning lady shows up! (poor thing).

Told him to clean up a bit - and there is a fresh pepperoni pizza in fridge downstairs that he could make (but don't let her look in our oven! ha ha ha).

Yes I really needed more stress!

Frouf
Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 PM   #237  

Froufy she said any kind of vinegar, I did hear her mention apple cider. I don't know much about it, just what she said yesterday that it works for her everytime, she also said to chase it down with a drink because it is real nasty. You may be right, maybe it is soo bad you forget about your headache and concentrate on your burning throat Haha. Hope it is true, alot of people could use that relief.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #238  

Height: 5'7"

Hey I forgot to tell you all that when I got back to work yesterday, there was an email that WW@Work was starting back up. Tomorrow's the first day! I think I've convinced them to let me join (it'll be up to the leader) -- at first they said I had to be at least 10 pounds over my goal weight. I weighed just now with my clothes on and full of food, and it was 148. We'll see tomorrow. I'll just set my goal at 135 if they'll let me so that I'll be well over the 10 pounds.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #239  
focused and aiming

good morning, chickies. curtis is gone to wild horse plains, montana with a buddy to visit an archery shop. i am rarely home alone and am enjoying it but this house is starting to get rather large and empty. i miss him and he's just been gone a couple of hours and will be home in another 3.

vickie, thank you for sharing yourself with us. that's what we're here for. special friends are just that "special." of course, you're upset over cindy. just keep thinking positive thoughts. sounds like she is an amazingly positive person. congratulations to you for not letting your emotions trigger a binge. i'm proud of you.

that's a beautiful thought of your mother wanting to let you know she's at peace. plant that rose.

melissa, i know you're probably already gone but i just want to wish you a safe, fun trip. enjoy yourself.

nikki, congratulations on rejoining. there aren't many folks here doing core either. most of them do flex.

rose, you're a hoot!! vicki victoria perfume!! thanks for the hints. those home remedies are amazing, aren't they? i enjoyed our chat this morning. saundra is our other chickie from canada.

frouf, did you read what nikki said about vinegar and migraines? i'm sorry you're down in the dumps today. hope your mood lifts soon. (just saw that you read about the vinegar. i'll bet you can also find out about it online.)

kathy, i am soooooo happy you are at work. you sound a lot happier now.

i'm in the process now of putting some photos online. it's a slow go as my puter will only let me load one at a time. i'll be able t o post photos here soon. yippee!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #240  
Melissa

Hi! I'm getting ready to leave but just thought that I would say bye! I hope that you all have wonderful, core-iffic weeks. I should be back online Saturday.
Closed Thread