Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #181  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok...you made me cry AND miss my Mother more than I was already missing her. You all deserve to be honered EVERY day.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #182  

Kathy, that was beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

Angela
Old 05-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #183  
focused and aiming

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

kathy, what a beautiful tribute to your children. thanks for sharing.

we're meeting curtis' mother, sister, and bil at a local eatery. i'm dressed up for the first time in eons. (which means i have on a dress and not shorts or pants )

this afternoon we're going to work in the yard together. it's a gorgeous day.

hope all of you have a wonderful day.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #184  
Southside White Sox Fan

Have fun Sandra!

I've decided to go walk on the treadmill.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #185  

Hi all: I would like to post on this site but I know lady who lives in the same town (w.w. leader) so I would rather not give my real name. I hope that is alright with you people. I will be honest I have been lurking for a while and have seen what a nice group of ladies you are.
I wish you all a wonderful "Mothers Day", I never find this day easy as I miss my dear Mother even though I am a Senior myself. I live near Toronto but spend time in Ottawa so I love hearing about the restaurants you gals mention.
Today we are going over to our daughters for supper she is such a sweet heart. Hey ladies, the ones that are having problems now, they do grow up and become so important in your lives. Just hold tight and keep loving them.
Then come the grandchildren and they become so dear to you. Our son lives in Ottawa we do not see him as often but is great when we do. I also have 2young gals who call me their other Mother. The one gal includes me in all her family dinners etc.
Everything has not always been smooth in my life, but all in all life is "Good" as Sandra says.
Thanks for reading and hope you will accept me. I have about 35 lbs to lose and I find it especially hard as I never had a weight problem until menopause and then Bingo.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #186  

Height: 5'7"

Hello, Rose! You are certainly welcome to join us and it sounds like you already know us very well!

We're back from Fort Worth visiting the inlaws. My poor MIL is in a whole lot of pain still, but she says it's getting better. We did get Outback takeout and all I can say is -- none of it, not one shred, was Core. I ate until I was sick but it was all so good. We got three appetizers: Bloomin' Onion, fried mushrooms and coconut shrimp. Then I ordered Bronzed Chicken with Corn Cakes, which is bronzed chicken breast, served with grilled corn cakes, topped
with shrimp and mushrooms in a vermouth cream sauce (website description, not mine). It was just awesome! MIL had also made some sweet potatoes and stir-fried vegetables. I didn't have either of them although I should have; I was just too full. Didn't have any bread though, so that was good. I brought leftovers home since I only ate about half of my chicken, one corn cake, one shrimp, a few mushrooms and a few of the onion pieces. I brought the entire rest of the onion home too, which is about 80% of it. I'm sure someone will eat it.

I'm off to rest before starting laundry. Hope everybody's having a good day.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #187  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, it's just SO good to hear that you are eating. I hope you got spoiled rotten on your Mother's Day.

Rose, to our little corner of the world! I just love when folks jump in and join us. We can, as you know, use all the help we can get! It doesn't matter whether it's 35 pounds or 120 like me. Every pound is difficult to get off and just as hard to keep off. I couldn't do it without all of my friends here. Do you go to meetings? My weigh in is tomorrow.

Speaking of my weigh in....I was so freaked out that I had the drink and the roll yesterday (I was out of points) that I exercised for 40 minutes on the treadmill again today. That was two days in a row which I haven't done since last September. I'm pretty darned sore already. It will be worth it if it keeps me from having a big gain tomorrow. I'm going and staying for the meeting no matter what.

I'm off to watch TV. Big night.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #188  

Hi Kathy and Vicki, yep I think I almost do know you gals. Kathy I noticed your picture and what a pretty gal you are.

Vicki, you sound like a very sweet person. I was reading along when your hubby was having problems and so glad that everything was fine.

I just got back from our daughters, she had a wonderful meal. I could tell there was something on tv that they were interested in tonight. We came home as the kids have to get up in the morning for school and it is hard to get them to bed when we are there.

We spend time at our cottage in the summer so I will post as often as I am at home. It is very hard for me to diet at the cottage as everyone brings up so much food. We were up last week my hubby put another bathroom in so now we have the two. We need it though as when there are a lot of people it can be a busy room. lol We are on a northern lake on a sand beach, it is wonderful for the grands. When we are all up there I feel like the Walton's saying goodnight to all.
I have a feeling you all are watching tv tonight, our dd seemed to think it was going to be a good night. I have enjoyed American Idol but have not watched Survivour. I think that is what they are watching. Bet you can guess I am a Canadian with my spelling, eh?

Hi Sandra my good friend, so how does it go tonight. I am feeling much more in tune with the world tonight. Life is sweet, so my dear Mother used to say.
Bye for now,
Rose
Old 05-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #189  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, I don't have a Mother's Day report. I called Erin on her cell phone (upstairs) around 7 p.m. to ask her a question and she said Happy Mother's Day. I haven't seen Shaun at all although Erin said he was up there, and Kate will be here in a little while. Judd's mom sent her a BD gift so she's coming over to get it because she's in the area again.

I am really dreading going to work tomorrow but I suppose I'll make it okay. I'll have to get back in the mode of getting up early, making lunches, and all that stuff. Ugh!

Rose, it sounds like you had a good time at your daughter's. I know what you mean about not wanting to stay too long -- when I was married before and the kids were little, my inlaws would come over. They were a lot of fun and the kids just refused to go to sleep when Grandma and Grandpa were over. It was a little annoying back then but I'd give anything to roll back the clock and live in those times again.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #190  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Happy Mother's Day!

Finally some time to get on here and read and post!

Welcome Rose - we love having a new 'face' around and a canadian on top of it! Hi neighbour!...and thanks for the good news that hopefully one day our kids do grow up and become our 'friends'. (altho at this point I can hardly believe it!).

Kathy - love the 'do' and of course the pink t-shirt! Your mother's day message also brought tears to my eyes. I am sorry Judd did not seem to get it - and made other plans!

My dh doesn't quite 'get it' either. Yesterday I asked him if he remembered what he got me last year for mother's day? A blank stare? course not! Well look on top of your dresser I say - yes there still in the little box is the bike meter (like a bike pedometer) that he bought me LAST YEAR - but never got around to putting on my bike? So maybe this year for my present you can actually install it? Of course he thought this was awfully funny! What an economical gift? Lasts for 2 years (or more?) ha ha ha. Then I reminded him of last year when he lay on the couch and asked me what I was making for dinner?

So this did prompt him to call his mother today (at my insistence) and invite her out to dinner with us - yes we were ready to go get her - when I go check on dd (who has been getting ready for the last hour!) to see if she's ready - take one look at her makeup and inform her that she is staying home!

I was just heartbroken - she already knows how I feel about her 'raccoon black circled eyes' on a good day - today she has done something stage like (guess the dance competition has rubbed off?) and done like big black 'wings' coming out of the lines on the side of her eyes - I DON'T THINK SO! So I am in the car (without her) very cranky and upset - dh starts on how he doesn't believe in mother's day - and you can imagine the rest! Of course I made sure his mom had a nice time and she did like the present (which of course I bought on dh's behalf!).

But I did go to the Mother's day tea w/ds (the only boy there) and we had fun and tea and cookies and fruit - great slide show (with a pic of me and dd there last year!), and guest speaker was a party planning lady with some good tips and centerpiece examples.

DD did bring me breakfast in bed which was very sweet - bear and flower shaped banana pancakes w/strawberries and syrup and orange juice! I did get to 'loll' around in bed til noon also! Dh got me a card and a $25 starbucks gift certificate (guess he felt bad after I mentioned last year's gift?) and big ds got me a james blunt cd and dvd of 'the notebook.

Yesterday I did get my hair done - my highlights were getting a bit yellow/brassy so colorist decided to put a toner on - however now it looks like my highlights have disappeared? NOT GOOD - I mentioned this to her and she said she did make it darker on purpose and my highlights will reappear (more golden than yellow) as it fades out - i hope so! OR ELSE!

Sandra - you are a real trooper and I think you did great with your hiking - you certainly don't want to damage your foot so you were right to stop when you felt like it!

Vickie - i am very proud of you very doing your exercise two days in a row! What great dedication!

Kathy - I went to Outback for dinner tonight! Food there is consistently good - but we obviously have different menus? I had a salad, and the grilled swordfish w/veggies - fish came with this citrust salsa which was amazing (green onions, tomatoes in a lemony sauce). Now I am stuffed!

Also went to the dance competition last night - took little ds with me (even tho I know it was ending very late!). DD was there since 2 pm - went with a friend - we got there around 6. Some of the dancing was amazing and ds and I really enjoyed the 'show'. DD's dance only got a gold (as opposed to the dynamic/high gold she got on Friday - and the group they were up against got first place - so she was very cranky on the way home (despite getting the black $30 dance pants she wanted from the competition).

Now all we have left is a major dress rehearsal on the 24th, the recital on the 28th and they are dancing at 'relay for life' which is a local fund raising event! Then maybe a break for me!

I am still feeling super tired due to going to bed very late - can't imagine waking up at 7 am tomorrow for work! We are heading for a long weekend tho and I am tentatively taking friday off so might make it a four day weekend!

Melissa - how's the new place? Are you settled in yet?

Vickie - good luck at WI tomorrow

And Kathy - are you heading to work tomorrow too?
Old 05-14-2006, 11:10 PM   #191  

Hi again: Thank you girls for the welcome, and yes Froufie, they do grow up and become your friend. I know it is hard now but just keep telling them you love them, but are not happy with the way they act sometimes. Bless your heart it is not easy in this day and age being parents.
I see you got some nice Mother Day gifts. I also got James Blunt. I love the song, "You are beautiful" It is funny my grandson 13 said that the teacher would not let them have that song at their dance, as there was a word that they thought was not the best. I argued with him saying there was not, but found out there is. lol I phoned our grandson and said I was wrong there was that "word" (as they say) and told him now Papa will not let me listen to it. Well they laughed and laughed. lol They were not quite sure if I was kidding or not. I am driving my husband mad as I have it on in the car every time we go out. I told hubby it put me in a romantic mood so then he thought maybe it was ok. lol
Life is sweet,
Rose
Old 05-15-2006, 01:43 AM   #192  
focused and aiming

rose, welcome to the group. i am so glad you've decided to join us. i hope you found some smiles today. your mother would have wanted that. don't worry about posting your real name. rose is beautiful. i like it.

chickies, rose and i have been friends for several years. i want you to know that she is an inspiration. she's always very positive and has a world of dieting ideas. i have gotten numerous recipes from her (especially ww desserts). again--welcome aboard, rose!

speaking of rose(s), after our meal today with curtis' mom, sister, and bil, he and i worked out in the rosebeds then went to kmart and walmart to buy bedding plants for me for mother's day. i have to admit that my best present from him today was his digging up dandelions. the rosebeds are usually my job. i pruned then planted the new flowers. i think our yard's going to look pretty good. not designer good like frouf's, but colorful. now--come on, hummingbirds--we're ready for you.

rose, yes, life is good.

kathy, your meal sounds heavenly. i love coconut shrimp. i've been baking some lately that i get at albertson's. it's essencia brand over in frozen foods. i take apricot spreadable fruit and dilute it before nuking to make a dip. love it!!

vickie, our ww meeting was about activities. i'm glad you're back to treading. i am counting yardwork as my exercise today. maybe tomorrow i'll bike. for a good wi tomorrow.

frouf, i'm glad you and ds went to the tea. was it big or little ds? i'm not sure. your schedule boggles my mind. (a professor once said that about me but that was around 20 years ago) i hope dd gets her make up straight. i told our oldest grand that i would take her to dillards for a makeup presentation when she gets old enough to wear makeup. right now, she's happy about that.

i have to close for tonight. i'm a happy tired. talk to you tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #193  
Southside White Sox Fan

OMG, I just type a typical morning huge post and lost it! I decided to send a PM and forgot to save what I was typing in the box. Darn......and now I have no more time because I have to get ready for my meeting. I have to leave at 9:30 so I have to scoot.

I'll be back later. Happy Monday.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #194  
Melissa

Hi there gals. Just wanted to check in and say hello since I've not been around much this weekend. We've been so busy.
I forgot to tell you all that this week I'm going to a conference, so I'll be gone Tuesday-Friday night. I'll miss chatting with you all and I know I'll be so behind.

Well I just got to the office, we've been at the local clinic this morning, and I've got lots to do to get ready for not being here the rest of the week! I hope that you are all doing great and I'll probably be back later.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #195  

Good Morning Ladies, I am still recuperating from Mothers Day. We ended going to my mil for a little bit in the afternoon, then drove into the city to see my mom and sils, well it was a ride from ****. First of all I don't know if you guys ever heard of The Long Island Expressway, it is considered a parking Lot, when we got close to the city the traffic was horrendous. Then dd decides to have a tantrum in her car seat because she wants to get out, she worked her self up so bad she vomits all over herself 3 times, now my poor ds is sitting next to her in his booster seat gagging, my dh is also gagging. Talk about stress, we finally get to my moms and she gives my dd a bath and my poor dh has to go clean the car & her car seat. Next Mothers day I think I will stay home!!!

Kathy beautiful tribute to your children. I know how you feel, my children are my life and they are both my favorite child. Good luck at work today.

Sandra sounds like your garden is going to look wonderful. I have so much gardening to do, I don't know where to start. especially being raised int he city I don't really have a green thumb, But I am trying.

Rose, welcome. That is a saying my mom always says, First you have your own children to love & worry about & they grow up so fast, then your children have babies and the love & worrying starts again with your grandchildren.

Vickie good going with the treadmill, I have decided today I will start using my exercise bike.

Froufy I love you posts, they always make me smile. I remember doing that as a teenager, experimenting with makeup, my mom use to make me wash it off before my dad came home, he was a very old fashioned Greek daddy. I miss him soo much he passed away 5 years ago at the age of 61.
Closed Thread