Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #166  

Hey Kathy, you look beautiful, great hair!!!

I will back a little later got to finish my chores for the day.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #167  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Niki! I got my DS to take the pic and he said I looked scared. And ugh! Saturday morning chores. Thanks for reminding me that I should be UP and not sitting on my tail reading a book.

My mom sent me some books a few weeks ago and they sat by the bed until the other day when I decided I should read them. They are by Wanda Brunstetter and are about Amish. The series is called Daughters of Lancaster County; the first book is the Shopkeeper's Daughter and the one I'm reading now is the Quilter's Daughter. The next one is due out in June and I think it's the Bishop's Daughter. Anyway, they're just so good and I've been enjoying them so I don't feel quite as bad as if I was sitting around reading a National Enquirer or something like that!

Judd's ready to leave so we can go do our errands. Be back later!
Old 05-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #168  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you look ADORABLE! I can't wait until I'm your size. You really do look beautiful.

Ok....my gymies are on and I'm ready to go. I just came to change my weight tracker.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:52 AM   #169  
Southside White Sox Fan

OOOHHHH.....I'm so interested in the Amish culture. Maybe I'll check them out of the library. I don't buy books anymore since I'm retired. Are they fiction?
Old 05-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #170  

They are fiction and, of course, have a religious slant to them since they revolve around the Amish beliefs. It's about a family with a lot of kids and the things that happen to them -- hard to describe but really, really good. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #171  
Southside White Sox Fan

I did it. I walked 40 minutes. Now I'm going for a bubble bath because my legs and hip are killing me.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #172  

Congrats on your walking Vickie! I'm so proud of you all that exercise on a regular basis. I'm so bad with exercise. I think it's because it's such an ordeal for me to get it all set up and done with the kids. But maybe it's just because I'm lazy!

I have to take the oldest dd to a birthday party this afternoon. While she's there, I'll be out getting Mother's Day presents for my mom and MIL. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. Mother's Day really sneaked up on me this year.

Later,
Angela
Old 05-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #173  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. we're home early. we had a grand time but i needed to dropout after half the course. i have to tell you---it was hard hiking. we started the tournament at target 20 which was on top the hill (mountain). we shot our way down then were just starting to shoot the first half (climbing to the top again when i told curtis i'd had enough. my foot is swollen and sore but i think i'm all right. curtis was glad to stop shooting, too. we're quite a pair of gimps.

yesterday/last night was our first trip out in the new rv. we were camped just across the road from the tournament at a very nice place. lolo creek ran right by our rig. i "lolled" a couple of hours sitting by the stream reading while listening to the water rushing downhill. we had our hot dogs but cooked them inside due to high wind. we'll have our marshmallows on another outing. last night we got very, very cold but had a lucy/ricky episode trying to wait for the other to get another blanket and turn up the heater.

we saw a great deal of wildlife--a herd of buffalo (cows, bulls and calves), several elk, a coyote, and a few whitetail deer. there were a lot of friends up there competing. it was hard for me to say "enough". i don't like to quit anything. curtis said i didn't quit. i just shot the amount i wanted to shoot. now is that a play on words or what?

kathy, you look like a doll with your new do. and you're so small!!!!! i hope you're feeling better, and i am very glad you're going to call your doctor monday. i had never heard of night golf. it sounds kewl.

patti, i know what you mean about getting excited seeing wildlife. we do the same. we live in a large city but still see deer on our way to the grocery store. also we have some bald eagles nesting next to the river downtown.

thank you, girls, for the congratulations. i used 4 wpa's yesterday. looks like i'm back to normal today. plus, i must have burned some pts hiking that tournament for 2 hours.

vickie, your menus always make my mouth water. you're a very creative cook. i have a stack of medical bills on the table waiting on me. thank you for the information on the chicken recipes.

frouf, i love reading about your day. i can picture everything really well. i'm glad you got into the lot before it was full. how's your hair? i'll bet you and the rest of the chickies are looking very perky in your new do's.

melissa, we live in town and have deer in our yard nightly. the fence doesn't slow them down much.

vickie, congratulations on getting in 40 minutes treadmilling today. i'm proud of you. curtis is outside soaking in the hot tub right now. i came in and took a long hot shower first thing. what's with all of us about hot water?

angela, curtis told me he bought me a really nice card the other day. (actually, i saw him at the checkout stand with it) however, he put it in a safe place. maybe i'll get it next year.

got to go watch some tv. i taped deal/no deal and vegas last night. do i need a life or what?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:35 PM   #174  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm home from having dinner out with friends to celebrate birthdays. I confess I had my first drink in about 2 years. It was a Raspberry Mudslide. I'm sure it's alot of points. I also had a roll. The rest of the dinner was Core except for the diet margarine that I brought with. Now I feel like I need to get on the treadmill tomorrow again.

I'm pooped and am going to spend the night on the couch with Honey Lamb. I'll be back in the morning!
Old 05-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #175  

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner out!

Kate came over this afternoon and is still here while Devan is doing her birthday shopping. Erin is at work, Shaun is at a BBQ, and Judd was supposed to come home after golf, but called to say he was going somewhere to watch the game with friends. Before he left, I asked if he was going to do that and he said no, I'm coming home to watch the game with you. When he called with the change of plans, I said I *knew* you would ditch me for this game and go with your friends. I think that made him feel sorta bad, but he still went. So I sit at home alone tonight (Kate's about to leave) and am not happy about it. Oh well, huh? Gotta move on.

Maybe I'll just go take a bath and go to bed. I've only had one meal today, around noon, and haven't been hungry since then. We went to Panda Express while we were out doing our errands.

I'll also be back tomorrow. Everybody have a great night!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:02 AM   #176  

Happy Mothers Day!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #177  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The board has been really slow and hard to navigate for me today. I'm not sure if it's my connection or if the board is having problems. I'm going to see if I can read posts after I send this message.

I got 9 hours sleep last night and it felt great. We have no plans today except for my cooking dinner. I need to clean a little house. First breakfast!

Happy Mother's Day to all my chickie friends!!!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #178  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I think you and Curtis sound like you have a GREAT life! Nothing wrong with relaxing and watching a little TV after the trip you guys had. I'm glad you gave us all the details. I LOVE details!!!!!

Kath, Judd would not be married to me long! I honestly don't know how you put with him leaving you alone so much. I feel bad that you sounded so sad last night.

What are you all doing to celebrate Mother's Day? I must be the only chick with no Mommy alive and no kids.

Ok, I'm off to try and make a menu thread and then go eat breakfast.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-14-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #179  

Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone has a peaceful and relaxing day.

We're going over to the inlaws' after while for lunch. I think I heard that FIL is going to Outback to pick up food and bring home. MIL had umbilical hernia surgery on Tuesday and still in quite a bit of pain so there's no way she should be going out.

Judd got home around 10:30 and immediately said "what's wrong?" I told him he had been gone out of town since Tuesday, and then was gone all day playing golf, and that I hadn't anticipated spending my Saturday night alone especially since I had confirmed with him RIGHT BEFORE HE LEFT that he would be coming home. He said okay, we would just stay home today and not go to his parents'. Of course then this morning his dad called and everything changed and once again, I go back to the bottom of the list. Poor, pitiful me. He'll never figure it out.

I should go get ready now. Be back later -- I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 05-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #180  

Today's blog entry:

Happy Mother’s Day to my Children

Like most people, I did my best parenting before I actually HAD children. MY children weren’t going to have runny noses, and MY children would always look so cute and color-coordinated, just like those little kids you see in the Sears catalog. Hehehe … hoo boy, was *I* ever naive!!

I was blessed with my first child, a son, in 1978. Shaun was the most beautiful little boy in the world … strangers would stop to tell me so. He had gorgeous auburn hair with highlights in every color and huge blue eyes. He also had a great sense of humor even as a toddler, and is still the only child I’ve ever heard of who could read at age two. I mean, really read. Newspapers, TV guides, books … he could read. In spite of all our ups and downs throughout the years, he loves me and doesn’t hesitate to tell me so. He was and is my favorite child, that boy.

In 1983, my beautiful Erin came along. I was pretty good at this mothering thing by now! She was such a petite and charming little girlie girl, with a shrill voice and fashion taste that just wouldn’t quit. It was like punishment when she had to wear pants – she informed me from a very early age that “girls wear dresses.” She loved her big brother and tagged after him from the time she could crawl. Today, she’s still very cute, her voice has toned down to a normal level, and she never leaves home without looking her very best. She is my favorite child.

In 1986, here came Kate, the cutest and spunkiest child that I do believe I’ve ever seen. She was such a livewire! With Kate, we were almost immediately introduced into the world of emergency rooms with broken arms, stitches, bitten tongues (have you ever seen a tongue that was bitten in half?), broken light fixtures raining down shards of glass, playground falls and numerous dives off of the bunk beds. She entertained us with all sorts of antics and always (okay, usually) had a big beautiful smile and a happy heart. More importantly, she has since learned to stay safe, and in spite of a few messy teenage years, is now my favorite child.

Phrases that I swore I’d never say, things like “don’t make me come up there!” and “you’ll put your eye out” have escaped my mouth more than once. I inherited these words from my own mother and am not afraid to use them. Now that all of the kids are grown though, it’s more like “please be careful” when they leave the house, and “do you have enough money?” Just as my mom still worries about me, I worry about them.

So today I honor three of the most special people in my world, the three who made me what I am today – a proud mother. They saved me from a life of perpetual self-absorption and I love them completely.
Closed Thread