Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 10:30 PM   #16  
Melissa

Please, you aren't knocking my ideas! I am just making things up here! The reason I created this thread is I wanted us to be able to brainstorm. Heaven knows I don't know what the heck I'm talking about.

I'm confused about what you are saying....where did the 30 points come from? Is that your daily allowance if you are doing flex? If so, then I guess that is what I'm saying. If the two plans are supposed to be fairly similar, then the idea would be that
"My daily point allowance" = "Eating till satisfied"
Does that make any sense at all? I guess what I'm trying to say is that in theory the only difference between flex and core is the wpas. And if we alternate the wpas in a high-low pattern, it would be the same basic plan as the flex wendie plan.
Now I'm making myself confused. This would be much easier to do over the phone. Maybe we should do a chat on the subject sometime.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:31 PM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

MelissaH (oh oh...now we have a Vickie and a Vicki and two Melissas!) you are very welcome to join us! I started at 307 a year ago and have lost 43 pounds. I've been at a plateau for about 2 1/2 months which is what is making us struggle with the coming up with a Core Wendie plan. My GF's are trying to help me break my plateau and maybe come up with something that will help them too. I've got another 115 pounds to lose so I'll be here a while. Are you doing Core?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yeah, Melissa, you're right. 30 points is what I would get daily if I was on Flex. What I'm confused about is the Wendie formula. When you do the formula for yourself when you are on Flex (forget Core for the moment) do you multiply 24 x 7 to come up with the number of points you get to eat in a week OR doy you multiply 24 x 7 PLUS 35 to come up with the number of points you get to eat in a week.

Hope that makes my question clearer!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #19  
Melissa

OK just read your other post. Here would be your point allotment on the wendie plan:
POINTS TARGET - 30

Day 1 - 30 points
Day 2 - 35 points
Day 3 - 31 points
Day 4 - 45 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 30 points
Day 6 - 34 points
Day 7 - 32 points

So what I'm saying is that if you subtract your daily allowance (flex plan) from these points (and essentially replace it with core foods) then you would be left with wpas.

D1: 0
D2:5
D3:1
D4:15
D5: 0
D6: 4
D7: 2

On the wendie plan they add in the wpas but don't use all of them. Who knows why.

Does this make any sense at all? I feel like I'm rambling through my fingers.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #20  
Southside White Sox Fan

BTW, my post on WW website was a bust. No one showed any interest whatsoever in a Core Wendie plan. Everyone just kept trying to give me ideas on how to break my plateau. Sigh. I appreciate all ideas but that surely wasn't my question. That's why I love all of you here so much. The folks on the WW website are just not warm enough for me.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #21  
Melissa

Me either! We love you Vickie!

This gets me so excited. I love brainstorming new ideas!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:37 PM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

It makes absolute sense, Melissa! You were saying what I thought you were saying. But...I wonder why they didn't use all the WPA's?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #23  
Melissa

I have no idea. Maybe I'll do some research on that tomorrow. I'm so glad that my post made sense, I was getting all excitable and rambly.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:40 PM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

I need to reread the Wendie stuff. I think I'll wait until morning. I'm very tired and I think I'm going to go make some hot tea for my throat. Melissa, I'm really liking this idea.

I'll be back in the a.m.!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:45 PM   #25  
Melissa

Night Vickie, hope that your throat feels better when you get up in the morning.

Maybe I'm crazy, but this all makes sense to me. You are just essentially switching flex points with core foods, just as usual. It is all the same. What makes the wendie plan work is the high-low pattern. If we eat core foods as usual, then alternate the wpas in a high-low pattern, wouldn't it have to be the same thing? It is the same principle.

OK, now I'm repeating myself. Night!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:45 PM   #26  
Melissa

Hi Vickie,

Okay, fear not with the whole platau thing. It happens. I did the same thing and I think most people do. With those of us who have a bunch of weight to lose, it's even more frustrating, because our bodies act like it's down to it's last 10 pounds (the hard lard). It's like our fat cells are freaking out of the loss of their family and friends and holding on to every ounce it can.

I'm bad about drinking my water and from what I understand, if you don't drink then your body retains. If you drink, it won't retain extra fluid, so if you're bad like me, drink up Sister! See if that makes a difference.

About the Core plan...I have only done it one week and that was about 3 weeks ago. It took a lot of thinking on my part, because I couldn't just go out and pick up weight watchers frozen meal with the points already counted in. BUT I did feel better on the program and was clicking along just fine. I actually think I was taking in less points per day than normal. The day before I weighed in I ate more than I probably should have. I still lost 1.8 pounds that week, but for not having to count points, and for it being close to 2 pounds, I was happy. I think you eat much healthier on the core plan.

What do y'all think?

BTW, you and I have about the same amount of weight to lose. We should probably keep a close eye on each other and try to encourage each other week by week. What night is your weigh in night?

Old 09-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #27  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm a Monday morning girl!

I'm drinking at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water in addition to my other decaf beverages. Sometimes I get 10. I think water is more important on Core than Flex but I really can't explain why.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #28  
Melissa

Melissa, what a great story. We are glad to have you. I think we all agree that we eat much healthier on core than on flex. We would love for you to post some info on our profile thread, where you can also read about each of us. Also, come join us on core board #28 where we chitter chatter all the time about all sorts of things. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...316#post965316
You can really get to know us there! We bare all.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #29  
Melissa

Wow Melissa! How do you come up with this stuff? That's pretty cool. So are you like some sort of mathmatician or something?

Okay, so I have 28 points a week...so how would you figure my windie core plan? I would work on it, but I'm tired and feel that a "blonde moment" would possess me while figuring it. Besides, what else do you have to do, right? ha!

Old 09-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #30  
Melissa

Well you're a better girl than I, that's for sure. I try to drink at least 32 oz. of water before I go to work in the morning and then it's just another 16 oz. through the day (that's right isn't it?), but sometimes I only get in the 32 oz. Ugh! I do drink other non caloric stuff during the day and it's supposed to count as half our water, but I still think pure water is best.

Are you on any medication? That can pose a problem as well, but honestly you're doing great. I do understand though...it's just NEVER enough, especially when we have still so far to go. But what else is there to do, right? We'll make it eventually.

Be sure and let me know how you do on Monday night and I'll let you know how I do Tuesday. My husband and I have a date tomorrow and eating is involved (as always). We're going to the Outback Steak House. I WAS saving my extra 35 points for tomorrow and then I got EXTREAMLY hungry today and dabbled into those points. Ugh! I'll have to be more careful tomorrow. Tuesday night is right around the corner.

Keep me posted.

Melissa

Closed Thread