Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #181  
Melissa

Hey chicks. Things went pretty good this morning, other than my eating. Some people from the church took us out afterward and of course I made bad decisions. On the day before weigh-in. Of course. That's okay. I feel decently about the week behind me even though it has not gone according to plan. I feel good about the fact that I have been fairly focused and done pretty well until Thursday night when I got all messed up. But tomorrow is a new start day for me, and I am hoping to stay on track super-well this week. We are going to see friends and attend a wedding on Saturday so I need to be as good as possible until then.
Anyway, we are through with the church's requirements for now. We just kind of have to wait and see what they want to do next. Hopefully the next step will be a hiring!

Vickie, what a tragic loss for your family. I'm so sorry to hear about that.

Kathy, its hot here too! But probably not TX hot. Makes me want to stay inside in the ac on the couch all day. Be careful with that chili stuff...it makes quite a bit. I really like it. You are using mexicorn? That never occurred to me. Sounds tasty. I meant to ask you, is your main exercise the gazelle? I have one but don't use it like I should.

Sandra, thanks for the good thoughts, you are sweet. We are just waiting and hoping now!

And Frouf, we're waiting!!

I need to go do laundry but all I want to do is nap! I've been so fatigued the past couple of days. DH is sleeping b/c he has to work tonight, which doesn't help me get anything done around here. But he only has 2 more nights to work there, so that's good. Hopefully he'll have another job before too long... Better go do something. Be back soon.

Last edited by septembersgoal; 06-05-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:31 PM   #182  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, don't sweat it! You'll recover -- my goodness, I'm surprised you aren't stress eating everything in sight over all this job stuff! I am keeping my fingers crossed for him!

I do the Gazelle 3-4 nights a week. I try for more, but sometimes it doesn't work out. Now that American Idol is off, there goes my "glued to the TV, wouldn't leave if I could" time that I used to use for exercise! I guess I'll have to find another show!

For that recipe, I was wondering if the family would eat it, then thought "nah, I'll bet not!" I might have to make it all up, then freeze containers of it. I can see how it would make a tub full after it gets all mixed up! For some reason, I wrote Mexi-corn on my grocery list and then convinced myself it was for that chili! Oh well, I guess I just revised it!!
Old 06-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #183  
Melissa

Thanks Kathy.
I was getting into "gazelling" during AI too. Now I am trying not to get hooked on any new shows for this summer. In fact, Aaron and I are thinking about moving our tv out of the living room and into the bedroom or spare bedroom so that we won't mindlessly bum out in front of the tv all summer. This does pose a problem for my exercising though. I wish you could read and exercise at the same time. Wouldn't that be interesting! Oh, and I think Mexi-corn would be good in that recipe. I am going to make a version of Terry's black bean soup tonight and I think I'm going to use the can of mexi-corn that's been in my cabinet for several months.

Like I said I'm making black bean soup tonight to take to work for lunches this week. I like eating things for lunch that don't include my rice or potato so that I can save that for dinner. I am also trying to roast some chickpeas for a snack. I love chickpeas plain, so I figure they're pretty good cooked too. Just hope I don't burn them, as my oven is really really unpredictable!! I think it cooks about 50 degrees hotter than it says, so I cook everything at a lower temp. And sometimes it still burns. Crazy.

DH is still sleeping but I think that I'm going to try to sneak around him and do laundry. If I don't clean on Sunday the house is a total wreck the rest of the week.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:56 PM   #184  

I tried to roast some chickpeas not long ago and they turned out to be pebbles. I hope you have better luck ... you should have heard the noise they made in the disposal. I wasn't about to eat them and break out all my teeth.

I also thought maybe I could make that white chicken chili for a potluck thing at work. We are always having lunches, so I could make a double batch and put it in the crockpot.

I'm trying to decide on a weekend getaway, maybe just a Saturday night. Our anniversary is June 27th and we were going to go to Houston to see the Astros and Rangers play, but now I just don't know. There's a B&B in Glen Rose, which is about an hour away, that looks good. Whatever happens, I'd better start planning now! OR ... I could save that money and just buy DH an air compressor, which he has wanted forever. Decisions, decisions.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #185  
Melissa

Well, one is definitely a more romantic choice. But who needs romance when you could have an air compressor!
I think my chickpeas are about as roasted as they're going to get, and they've only been in there about 17 minutes. The recipe called for 45 minutes. I even turned down the temp some more. I'll let you know if they're edible.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #186  
Melissa

Okay I got out the beans, and I think that they're really good! I've found a good snack I think. They are crunchy on the outside and still a little soft on the inside. Of course they only cooked for about 20 minutes (the recipe said 45) and at a lower temp, but in my oven that doesn't mean much. But anyway, I recommend them!

I am watching a re-run of this celebrity ballroom dancing competition on tv. Did anyone watch this? Its like AI except with dancing. Pretty funny.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #187  
focused and aiming

vickie, part of my foot problems now are from old injuries--broken toe and fractured heel. you may to have something done about your toe.

kathy, i can't get out of a grocery store without needing to take out a loan. at least you have a lot of core goodies on hand.

melissa, that's good that dh only has 2 more nights to work. i'm dreading wi tomorrow, too. i've been true to core but i may have eaten too much to have a loss. i guess i'll find out how that works in the morning. i have been very sedentary lately. oh, well, life goes on.

kathy, i was just about to suggest the b&b in glen rose. i was in a wedding there along the river (paluxy?) back in the early 90's. it's a gorgeous place. there's also a b&b just outside athens. it's also famous for its cheesecake. i can't remember its name.

i didn't watch the ballroom dancing show. i may later if it's on here. we're a couple hours behind you here in montana. dh and i are both in withdrawal without ai and other reality shows.

we re-watched phantom of the opera today with subtitles. we were surprised at how much we'd missed the other day. subtitles are the way to go with movies like this one.

well, i've over eaten today. it's been all core. i don't think i've even had any waps today and not many the past 2 days but i'll prob have a gain. angela, tell your mom i completely know what she's talking about about older folks not losing well. i guess we're not as active as you young chickens. we old hens have to really struggle.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #188  

Sandra, I feel like an old chicken today! I'm only 48 but I keep saying "next year I'll be 50!" which technically is correct. Nov. of 2006, that is, but still it's true! Today I am stressing because Zuki started bleeding again, the toilet that DH fixed is still running so he has put an order in with American Home Shield. I'm cooking dinner but I don't think either of us are hungry after cleaning up blood off of the carpet. Looks like now I have to call the carpet cleaners too, because our steam cleaner isn't working right.

When it rains, it pours!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #189  

Hey LJ what part of Florida do you live in?

I was off core a little today so far. I went to Sonic today, but no fries, tots, or onion rings. Just their grilled chicken wrap and a diet coke. So I think it's one of the better choices I could of made there.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #190  
focused and aiming

kathy, poor zuki. what we go through for our pets, right? are you taking him back to the vet tomorrow?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:07 PM   #191  

The bleeding has stopped for now and the cone has gone back on -- Judd says he's going to wear it for the next two years! I think that's a little excessive, but I can see his frustration. Good thing he was gone last week when we had that murder scene in the front entry. If he had seen that, he would have passed out!

I'll call in the morning to see what the doc says. Last Friday when he had his weekly checkup, they said everything looked good. I think he didn't take into account Zuki's obsession with the new hole.

And to top it all off, I find out that we're babysitting for the inlaws from this Tuesday until next Tuesday. Two big (grizzly bears) black labs and Scuba, our yellow lab that has been over at their house for the last few years. Scuba and Gus, our shepherd who just passed away last fall, didn't get along in later years, so the inlaws took him in.

Sigh ... animals.

Last edited by Katpo; 06-05-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #192  
focused and aiming

we don't have any pets. curtis is allergic. we call my roses our pets. they need a lot of pampering, too, though. hang in there.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #193  
focused and aiming

anna, your meal at sonic sounds good. i'm about to have some strawberries and grapes. i'm tempted to make me a 1 pt muffin top but i have wi in the morning.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #194  

We have Sonic here too! That's what I got for DH today -- I didn't eat, but he had a burger with tots and diet limeade. Sonic is one of our very favorites here! I think you made a good choice.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:26 PM   #195  

I usually cook quite a few things on my day off so that my week goes better and found my husband eating enough chicken soup for 2 nights. Of course I told him he could eat some but I didn't expect him to eat it all. Anyway more chicken soup on the stove. I think that one of my biggest problems is that I don't drink enough water the day before weigh in. I work nights and Thursday and Friday are my nights off and I usually drink 64 oz of water during my 8 hour shift. I got on my scales when I got up this evening and they were down 2.5# so I am going to try to be more diligent with the water on my nights off. My dh will be leaving Tuesday on a fund raising tour and will be back sometime in September. This is a yearly thing that he has done for the last 19 years. I sometimes am relieved when he first goes, but we keep in touch via the cell phone. hope everyone has a good Sunday. Have to start preparing for work
Vivian
Closed Thread