Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #76  
focused and aiming

vickie!!!! whooppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to admit, i'm not surprised. you rock, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:28 PM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

Now I think I'll go look thru her menus for the last week and write them down.

Tomorrow, I'm drinking water all day. Saturday morning, I weigh in -- and after that, I'm switching to Core for the week.

And boy do I mean it! I already told DH tonight ... so he's prepared for whatever that brings. I've almost eaten up the Flex food I bought last week (bread, crackers, etc.) and have made my list. I'm about to print out the Farmhouse Garlic chicken recipe, and also will make a note of the cornmeal chicken. My girls are gone until Monday night so for at least Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I will be cooking strictly Core. DH will love all the vegetables though ... whether he knows it yet or not. I plan on going to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning after my weigh-in. Am cleaning out the fridge now and throwing away all the ick stuff that doesn't align with a healthy eating plan. Even the old jellies, sauces, etc. are getting the boot. Saturday afternoon I'll hit the grocery store and then look out! I think I'm ready to be on the warpath!!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:20 PM   #78  
focused and aiming

bravo, kathy!!! you sound like a woman with a plan. that's great. do you go to ww over on alta mesa? i used to go there years ago.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #79  
Melissa

Hey chicks! I've missed you today. I don't have the time to respond to everyone (so tired!) but I do want to say Vickie! You go girl!!

We had the big dinner interview thing tonight. I think that things went well. The people were really nice and it was a pretty pleasant evening. Of course there was a cheesy chicken casserole for dinner and rich, rich dessert. And then to make matters worse we got some post-stress snacks..and I had some little york peppermint patties. Tonight's a loss as far as eating goes...but as far as the job search goes, :thumbsup:! I'm so tired, gonna go for now...talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #80  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm glad the evening went well and i'm hoping dh gets the new job. i don't blame you one bit for eating off program. i would have, too. talk about stress!!! i'll bet you could write a book right now. get some rest. i'll see you tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #81  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELA!!!!! I hope you enjoyed it.
Vickie, YEAH!!!! 40 Pounds is great! Soon you will be at 50!
Frouf, hope DD's dance performance when great! Fresh Cinammon Buns are soooo goood!!!!!
Sandra I will look for the recipie and let you know. I will look at walmart if not i'll try publix or albertsons.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:00 AM   #82  

I found the meatball recipie. It sounds yummy!!!

I tried making the polenta last night and it didnt work. I used 3 cups water, boiled it and added 1 cup cornmeat. Then tried frying them in a pan w/pam spray and it just wouldnt work. Did I do them wrong. Any suggestions I would really like to try them since everyone talks about eating them.

Anna
Old 06-03-2005, 08:55 AM   #83  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm still feeling pretty darn good about my weigh in last night. I never hoped to lose that much. Thanks for all the positive feedback. Your support really means alot to me. I was kind of smirking through my meeting last night. No one that I knew was there and I was amusing myself to think about a meeting with all of us in it. Wouldn't that be a blast?! My next goal is 52 pounds by my one year Core anniversary weigh in which is September 22. So 12 pounds in about 16 weeks. I should be able to do that.

Melissa, I'm thinking things are sounding really good for you and DH. Doesn't seem like they would go out of their way to entertain you guys if they weren't seriously considering offering your DH the job. I hope you get some great news soon. Just get back on the wagon today and pound that water!

Kathy, you go girl! You DO sound like a serious woman with a mission. There's always Pizza Casserole (aka glop) if you are looking for some serious Core comfort food. You gave me a good idea about Farmers Markets. I'm going to have Jim find out where and when ours is so that I can go. I used to love going to the ones in downtown Chicago. There is nothing like fresh produce!

Anna, sorry I can't help with the polenta since I've never made that recipe. Maybe it needed to cook longer before you flipped them?

Lisa, what's up with your MIL? I guess she doesn't work. Hope she didn't stay too late.

Angela, hope you had a great birthday evening. What movie did you finally decide on?

Well, I guess I should go start my day. I only slept for about 5 hours. Cramps, elbow hurt, headache......just basically miserable. I had a horrible night of sleep and a busy day ahead of me. Maybe I can catch a nap later after therapy but before I start making dinner. I am looking forward to the cornmeal chicken. Actually, we love it leftover cold the next couple of days. I always make sure to make plenty so there are lots of leftovers!

Hope you all have a terrific Friday. Boy, it seems like this week flew. I'll check in later.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #84  

Good morning everyone! I had a very nice birthday yesterday. I made my favorite pork chops for dinner. Then I made my cinnamon swirl cake with butter cream frosting into cupcakes, and only had 1. The rest went immediately into the freezer to await consumption by peoples other than me.

We ended up getting Phantom of the Opera. Thanks to those of you who recommended it. It was VERY good. I've never seen the musical, but I've listened to the soundtrack for years - go figure. It sure explained a lot to be able to SEE it instead of just listen. It was the perfect movie for my mood, and I really enjoyed myself. Plus I had a small snack size bag of movie theater popcorn, my particular weakness.

I'm back on track today however, as my weight has crept up a pound or two over the last week.

Well, better go make dd's lunch - only 2 more days of school for her!

Angela
Old 06-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #85  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

WAY TO GO VICKIE - I am truly impressed and your efforts obviously paid off and goes to show that if you do stick to it it does work! Sorry you had a bad night though and definitely a nap is in order!

Kathy - you sound bound and determined to make it work and I think your plan to stock up and cook core stuff (with lots of leftovers) is a great idea! And I love fresh fruit/veggies from the farmer's market - there is actually a very small one a couple of block from work so I sometimes stop there on the way back from my walk for a "treat". Might stop on the way home today (have the afternoon off to prepare for our weekend company) and pick up some fresh veggies and maybe some fresh flowers for the dining room table!

Melissa - dinner sounds yummy and I bet it was stressful - I'm sure you'll undo any damage done. Good luck and hope dh gets that job!

Angela - great control on your part with only ONE birthday cupcake - glad you had a nice day and splurged a bit!

Lisa- just don't answer the door? I HATE unexpected company!

I am surprised to be up and even semi-alert after our late night. The dance recital was amazing but as always TOO LONG! (7-11 pm w/2 intermissions). They slip this ballet in the middle (sleeping beauty this year) which was about 1.5 hours which makes it hard to sit for so long. The other problem was it was FREEZING IN THE AUDITORIUM - luckily I had my slinky/citiknits cardigan thing on but that wasn't even enuf - and of course I was wearing sandals so my feet and ankles were like ice! My poor SIL was wearing this sleeveless little sun dress and was just a bunch of goose pimples and shivers!

Got home after 11 pm - did not get to bed til probably 12:30 am then up at 6:30 to do a roots touch up (yes I"m so vain I could no longer stand those ugly gray roots and no time for hairdresser so this was it - does not look to bad actually and should give me a couple of extra weeks to get an appt!).

My gf and her daughter are arriving by train today at 4 pm - I AM SO EXCITED! I have taken the afternoon off - to finish running around the house like a maniac putting things away and to prepare a couple of things for dinner. I am proud to say that my salmon is already marinating (lemon/garlic dressing, 1 tsp of crushed ginger and 1 tbsp pure maple syrup) in the fridge (nothing like going to work w/fish smelling hands? ). I also have fresh asparagus and will either make brown rice or baked potatoes on the side!

We have tickets to a musical tonight (Oliver) which means more sitting! This theatre is very close to home (like 2 blocks away) so we can even walk there if we like. Probably won't be home til after 10:30.

I am a bit worried about my weigh-in tomorrow and trying to drink lots of water today. Would really LOVE to get rid of at least that last pound of the 3 I previously gained. I will definitely try to go for weigh in at least but not sure if I will stay for the meeting as my gf and I have a full agenda for the weekend! Weather is being cooperatinve with temps in the high 80's!

I did not eat that well last night but I really CONTROLLED myself at the recital - I was very, very hungry at some point, but of course all they were selling were chips etc. I actually had my money out and went to the infamous vending machine so see what I could find - and you know what? While there were several chocolate bars, cookies, etc there was nothing that REALLY appealed to me! So I just put my money away. I also did not eat when I got home as I thought that would just be asking for trouble.

Well time to do some work before I leave around noon (if I'm lucky I will get out by 12:30 at the latest!).

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 06-03-2005 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:42 AM   #86  

Good going, Angela -- way to get a handle on it right now! I fooled around and found 3-4 of my "not so lost" pounds ... and am having trouble getting out of cheating mode. For some reason, I think I deserve to eat and drink just whatever the heck I want to!!

I'm hoping to at least maintain tomorrow. After that, it's a new start. I did stop at Grandy's this morning on the way to work, but only ate the eggs and bacon from the plate. I threw the biscuit, gravy, and hashbrowns straight in the trash before I had a chance to second-guess my resolve.

It's supposed to rain today so I'm happy about that! Plus I'm only working until noon. This is our day off (on the 9-80 schedule) but I left early on Wednesday so I'm making up some time.

Happy day to all!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #87  
Athlete in Training

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
V I C K I E !

Last edited by Monkeypoodle; 06-03-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #88  

Vickie, that's fantastic! You're an inspiration and I sure need one today.

Melissa, I was waiting to hear about the dinner. I'm so glad it went well, and don't worry about the food!

Kathy, enjoy your shopping trip. The farmer's market is a great idea. There are two of them around here and I never seem to remember to mosey over there.

Good for you, Froufy and Angela, resisting all those temptations. It never seems to get much easier, does it.

I lost my water weight and was under 150 on my scale again this morning, so I'm cautiously hopeful about tomorrow. NO POPCORN. (Honestly, it's like an itty bitty soap opera, isn't it.)
Old 06-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #89  

Sandra, I forgot to answer your question about my WW location. I'm going to the one in Arlington -- it's near I-20, off the Green Oaks exit, in the Kroger shopping center at Pleasant Ridge and Green Oaks. They have a whole lot of meetings during the week, probably something like 10 or 12! And there were so many people!
Old 06-03-2005, 12:27 PM   #90  
Athlete in Training

good morning all! it is morning, isn't it? It's kind of drizzly here and I haven't slept much for awhile, so I'm a bit out of sorts. There's some crazy monkey standing next to Kathy throwing Cheetos at me . . .

So much resolve going on today! I hope it's catchy, 'cuz I have a graduation and a birthday party this weekend. It's all family stuff - and you know how family is when they think you're not eating.

Cher, you stick to your guns and I'll blink twice for you (where's Deborah when you need her??) so that your WI is all good.

Kathy, it sounds like a great plan. Now you just need to get psyched and execute the mission. You can do it!

Froufy - enjoy your friends and the theatre. You've got one fun-filled weekend planned.

Angela, the birthday celebration seems to have gone really well. Congratulations on the way you handled the cake. Sounds yummy. Maintaining must be so challenging. Don't let the weight sneak back! We need you to set a good example for the rest of us.

Vickie - I think your anniversary goal is very realistic. We're all rooting for you.

Anna - I don't think I've made that polenta recipe either. I did do the meatballs, but messed them up by putting the sauce in the meatball instead of on top. They were still good, but fell apart. So I just wanted to warn you in case you were just glancing at the recipe like I did.

Melissa, one evening of not-so-good eating shouldn't hurt you as long as you get back with the program. Sounds like everything went well; I hope you get happy news soon!

Lisa, how nice that you MIL came to read stories to the kids at bedtime! It's so much easier to be grandma than mom.

Sandra, enjoy your shooting. (Is that the right term for archers?)

My goal today is pretty simple. Stay awake. I think Starbucks is in my future.

Have a good one. TGIF!
Closed Thread