Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #61  
focused and aiming

happy birthday, angela! it's good to have you home. 122?!?! i don't think i weighed that since i was in the 3rd grade. congratulations!!!!

vickie, we watched the new version of phantom of the opera. i highly recommend it and i recommend having tissues handy. i'm thinking of watching it again so i can catch what i missed the first time. i couldn't understand everything either. guess that's why they have rewind, don't you? let me know if you watch it.

terry, white chocolate sf/ff pudding and strawberries sounds yummy. i made a fruit salad last weekend. it was a treat. enjoy your fruit.

frouf, congratulations on eating so little of the muffin. i'm proud of you.

got to go. lunch is ready and so is dh.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #62  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, good for you for stopping at half of the cinnamon bun. Those and pecan rolls are a weakness of mine. Now back away from the non-Core food, Frouf. You've got weigh in on Saturday. Try to hang in there until then. No more shopping on an empty stomach!

Well, I've showered/exercised/eaten for my weigh in. I'm very nervous tonight. It's humid here so I'm afraid to trust my home scale. I just have to wait another 2 hours for the news. I'll be back later tonight to tell you how I did. Hold some good thoughts!

Last edited by Vickie; 06-02-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #63  

Good luck Vickie! I'm thinking light thoughts for you.

So here's what I've decided to do for my birthday. The kids are pretty much toast, so I don't want to go anywhere. But I got the fixin's for pork chops with sauteed apples and sauerkraut (one of my favorite meals) and a cinnamon swirl cake mix with butter cream frosting. Mmm. I'm planning on making cupcakes and freezing most of them. I've done that before, and it works great. I stay out of them once they're in the freezer. Then after the kiddos are in bed, dh and I are going to watch a chick flick of my choosing in our theater room, and eat movie theater butter popcorn.

Any recommendations for a good chick flick? I think the last one I saw was 13 Going on 30, and I really liked it.

Angela
Old 06-02-2005, 04:51 PM   #64  

Happy Birthday, Angela! Your plans sound very nice. I'm afraid I can't suggest any movies, since I haven't seen one since the last Harry Potter came out. Gotta do something about that, but weekends have been packed.

Good for you, Froufy. I have to go shopping later, too, and I'm saving a big apple for just before.

I'm feeling really bloated and things don't look good for Saturday, so far. Maybe some of it will come off. I think it's a combination of warmer nights (we don't have AC) and too much salt.

Good news is that I don't have to a attend 3-day conference I was going to have to sit through, so I'll have control over my food choices next week. Just ordered a birthday cake for dd and we're making cupcake for school tonight. Thank goodness that isn't my particular jones.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #65  
focused and aiming

angela, do you like musicals? we saw phantom of the opera last night. i loved it--and i usually don't care for movies with quite that much singing. not only were the songs beautiful, but the cinematography is out of this world. it's a beautiful movie.

vickie, i'm sending you good vibes for a great wi. i have a positive feeling about tonight. be sure to get online and let us know asap.

cher, we're going out of town next week for about 3 days to attend an archery state outdoor championship. i'm a little worried about the eating. i will be able to take fruit. that will help. what area do you live in? you don't have to be specific if you don't want, but i'm curious. birthday cakes with lots of frosting are my downfall. i have even ordered them and had "happy pigout" put on them--just for me and not for my bday. i'm bad, aren't i?
Old 06-02-2005, 05:38 PM   #66  

Hmmm, maybe I'll look at that. Is it out on video already? Dh will like it if it's in dts sound (really cool 6.1 surround sound). I guess we'll be going to browse at the video store later.

I think I'm going to make my cake now. Mmmm.

Angela
Old 06-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #67  
focused and aiming

it came out in video last month. let us know what you decide to watch.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #68  

Sandra, that's hilarious about the cakes. Have to admire your honesty!

I'm in the Ocean Beach/Point Loma area. OB: Where the sixties never ended.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #69  
focused and aiming

cher, is that on the west or east coast? i'm not familiar.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:15 PM   #70  

Oh, sorry. It's in San Diego.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #71  
focused and aiming

cher, i'm getting old and senile. i remember now you're talking about the san diego area the other day and i even posted about chula vista. how embarassing! i'm going to have to work on this memory. you do live in a beautiful area.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #72  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello All! I'm back with good news. I earned my 40 pound chick tonight!!!!! So until I earn my 45 pound chick it will be hard to tell me and Angela apart (in our posts at least!). I lost 3.2 this week and I couldn't be happier and more surprised. I was really worried when my TOM showed up today after being at least 10 days late. I guess it finally released all the bloat.

I'm gonna go eat my salad now and have some dinner. I just wanted to share my good news with people whom I know really care. I did have some bad news. I found out that my Leader quit last week so I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I'll wait until they get the new permanent Leader to decide.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:27 PM   #73  

Height: 5'7"

SHUT UP!! OMG, that's awesome!!!

Go, Vickie -- go, Vickie -- it's your birthday -- go, Vickie! Oh wait, no it's not, but that's incredible!! SOOOO proud of you!!!

I'm sorry about your leader but life goes on! (Hey I can say that since I don't even know mine!) ... you will do fine with whoever they put there.

WOOHOO!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:49 PM   #74  

Yay Vickie! Congratulations on the great loss!!! 3.2 is amazing! In no time at all, you'll have your 45 pound chick, then 50, and then even huger chicks will start showing up. (I still snicker at the thought of a 50 pound chicken.) That would be one large boneless skinless chicken breast, huh?

A cheering smiley for every 5 pounds gone.

That's too bad about your leader though. Hopefully the new one will be awesome.

Angela
Old 06-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Angela - just in case you didn't get a movie yet. The Notebook was really good and also Unfaithful with Diane Lane and Richard Gere - that one might be a couple of years old. Anyway, have a fun birthday night.

Vickie - way to go! That's awesome.

MIL just showed up at 8:00 - doesn't seem to care that the kids go to bed between 8:30 and 9:00 Last time she showed up at 8:45 and left at 10:00

Lisa
Closed Thread