Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 06:08 PM   #121  

Height: 5'7"

Good going, guys. No matter what you think ... compare it to previous Christmases and you'll realize you didn't eat as much!! Even if you did, we're all doing so well that I think a break is exactly what we need in order to re-focus in the new year!

I haven't overeaten at all, but have had my share of Jim Beam and coke, or light beer ... something about this time of year that makes me want to drink. Could it be all the relatives?????
Old 12-26-2004, 07:17 PM   #122  
Closed

Vickie no I am not 'blue' over what I ate, I made the choices to do just that....I don't quite know what it is....could be hormonal....the end of the month ya know!!! I did jump on the scale though today ....and yep....you got it.... UP 2 lbs from Friday.....no surprise there
I think though that I am reading too many boards.. too many different opinions regarding WW, Flex, Core, Wendie Plan way, (I dont post on any others though) but I get to thinking about it all, and make myself
I know one thing for sure The Flex way is out of the question. for me. I cannot do that plus I never liked the concept of it. I was a Winning Points person. Hated Flex and stuck with Winning points until I tried Core in Sept. Which by the way I was only going to do for 2 weeks!!
Well like the rest of us, for me it's back to the program tomorrow. I am stopping now before I am one of those 5-7 lb holiday gainer statistics I read about Can't be having that happen.
Kathy perhaps that break is just what we all needed to jumpstart ourselves again and refocus.
Frannie I hope the 'scale' didn't bother you and that you made the choices too to just 'enjoy', knowing the outcome might show on the scale, like me. It's better, well at least for me.... I knew what to expect....but I was just so courious....I just had too jump on and probably will, NO I WILL go on tomorrow morning too. Glutton for punishment but I am Ok with it.
As for the Pumpkin Pie I do not know when to stop.....that's my problem, that may become like the Cous Cous is for me....too dangerous. Just because it's Core doesn't mean I have to eat a big ole piece, but, just tell my taste buds that (hahahaha) I'll have to perhaps find something else......hhmmm!!!! Well have shopping on Wednesday :-) be careful out there!!!

Everyone I also need to shake up my meals a bit...same ole, same ole, and I get bored..... easily.
I am hoping for a good week this week, doing my best to stay focused and in control and looking for less numbers next Friday.....Saturday our meeting places are closed again.....
Glad you all survived your day.........AND all in all 'friends' we did good!! Hope everyone else who visits here did well too.
Talk with you all later............Linda
Old 12-26-2004, 08:57 PM   #123  

Oh, sweetie Linda, it'll be okay!! Really, I promise! I will do it with you after the first of the year ... we'll stick to it and encourage each other.

It's so easy to fall off the wagon, and we all know how it feels to be "unsatisfied" ... to really want something so much you can taste it! We just need to get those last few off, maintain it, and finally start to feel good about achieving a goal. I KNOW we can!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #124  
Southside White Sox Fan

We'll all do it again....starting tomorrow. I really feel icky right now. I do NOT like how I feel any more off of Core. I am anxious to get back on program. I LIKE being in control.

Linda, I've a couple of really yummy main course recipes if you decide you want to cook for yourself. Most of them make fairly large portions and freeze well. Just holler and I'll share!

Kathy, I'm so glad you're here. It's nice to have you, Linda and Frannie stopping posting alot. You all are so positive and I really enjoy your senses of humor. I'm still laughing about the beer wash for the fish sandwhich. Funny picture.....

Tomorrow is going to be a GREAT day!
Old 12-26-2004, 10:26 PM   #125  
Southside White Sox Fan

What is wrong with me?! I started to say "stopping by" and then changed my mind to "posting". Anyway....I was trying to say that I love that all of you are taking the time to post. It really helps me and makes me feel encouraged.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:40 AM   #126  

Hehehe... Vickie, the worst part about when you make your little "oopsies" in the posts is that I knew what you meant, even without the clarification! What does that say about me too? We're both a little scatterbrained?

I really love being here. I think I'm staying closer to the plan by getting all this encouragement from you guys.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:25 AM   #127  
Closed

Kathy and Vickie.....thanks for the encouraging words (AGAIN) not for anything but it's nice to know "I am not alone :-)" That you all keep me level headed because I do have that tedency to flit. And I too Vickie understood what you meant about "stopping posting" (LOL) - that's funny!!
This is the only board that keeps me sane. ALL of you here are just awesome and believe it or not are my saving grace. I need to do this though, I am trending UP, that is not good...Yes I did jump on that darn ole scale this morning......137.1 up 2.1 from Friday now....ughhhhhhhhhhh
I journaled a points day last night for today but QUICKLY changed the entire thing this morning....I have more points stuff than Core but I think I'll be ok. Since I have started Core, believe it or not I cook more. My husband loves it because we can 'share' a meal. So anything NEW you can offer would be great. I just bought a new Crock Pot and it has a booklet with some great recipes too.
I need variety....that is my problem. I bore easily :-) So thank you for the offer Vickie.

Kathy thank you for your supportive and willingness to help me get past this and get to my goal..and perhaps re-learn that 'comfort zone' thing. Somehow I lost that.
Each and everyone here has added thier words of wisdom and 'how to' and 'what not to' that is what I love about this particular board. I will probably continue to READ the others but this is my 'home'
I feel better today emotionally but phyically I feel kind of sick to my stomach. Vickie you're right, when you're used to eating Core and 'stray' you feel the affects of it.
Matter of fact my friends, I am stopping at the store for FRUIT today after work!!! Good for me!!!!! I think I am a bit more refocused and realize that Core really is the way for me too....THANK YOU ALL again for your online friendships...it means a lot.
Talk with you all later.....gotta get ready for work, and it's freezing here is S.Florida and once again no cold weather clothes!!!! Have a great day, and THANK YOU.
Frannie hope the rest of your holiday weekend went well. Same for ALL the rest of us here.....Janette, Kathy in VT, Carol to name a few......and everyone else that visits this very supportive board.........Linda
Old 12-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #128  
Kathy from Vermont

Whew! Finally glad the big day is over!!!! Since we did not have Xmas Eve or day at home it was fairly easy to stay OP. Xmas day I did have a piece of cheese cake but that was really my only sin of the weekend. Xmas eve we had Prime Rib and mashed potatos, veggies etc. and I was so full from dinner I passed on dessert. Xmas day we went somewhere different and had, LOL prime rib again! My hostess tried to push me to take some dessert home but I stood my ground and said no. New Years is not a big deal for us and we will probably just go out to dinner and a movie. I am really excited about the beginning of the new year and can't wait for spring and some more shed pounds to reveal the new me. Its pretty cold here in VT about 8 degrees and we got about 5 inches of snow yesterday and last night. My husband who works at our airport as a screener came home all excited yesterday as he saw Sandra Bullock and Jesse James (Monster Garage) going home from a holiday Ski vacation at Stowe, course he never asked for an autograph.

Kathy
Old 12-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #129  

hi all,

Sandra B. wow! she is awesome in the pictures. could only imagine seeing her in person.......men, no autograph......hum, next time tho right

we all made it through the weekend. whether we over spent on the desserts or the drinks or whatever, it was our special weekend of the year. it out ranks thanksgiving for me, or easter or that special heart day in february! Did we enjoy? Of course we did but get this, in all the posts I have read in the last 2 days everyone is ready for CORE again. Not only to get back on track but I think to feel good again. I know that my body was saying.......ahhhhhhhh, get rid of that sugar it is driving you up a wall. Funny, how we get used to eating the 'good stuff' then try the sweets and it upsets our tummys. Our bodys do know best don't they. Hopping on the scale did not bother me in the least. I knew I was up a bit, and now it is time to make the scale go the other way. Dear hubby got on and he was up 7 but today he was down 5. Go figure!!

I went for 2 walks yesterday. The first one had to be worth extra as we had to detour and go on the snowmobile tracks........at first, we are walking on top of the snow and then the next step we are a foot into the snow. I was just a panting after that walk.

It is a gorgeous sunny day here but cold. -16C which is 0 brrrrr We have lots of snow and I would love to build a snow family but it won't stick together yet. Has to warm up some. Oh well

I have Crustless Pumpkin Pie in the oven and chili in the crockpot. Yummmmmm. I am packing away the sweet tray. Sending it back to school with my daughter.

Onward to the New Year!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning from Phoenix,

I have been astray for sometime now--but I realize I need your support. I didn't do well during these holidays but I, too, am back on track today. I am even going to do the treadmill in my "cool" garage this morning. I know what you mean about eating those off-program foods. Our bodies definitely don't like them. Since we do not have any family here I decided to clean my house on Christmas and then I spent a lot of time in my sewing room. Good news though two weeks from Wednesday I am going back to PA and Ohio for 12 days. I am so excited to see my children and grandchildren--this will be my Christmas!

Since I hadn't posted for a while, I was not getting e-mails so hopefully this will bring them back.

Happy to read all your posts--they sure are motivating!

Take care,
Nita
Old 12-27-2004, 11:02 AM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergusonvt
My husband who works at our airport as a screener came home all excited yesterday as he saw Sandra Bullock and Jesse James (Monster Garage) going home from a holiday Ski vacation at Stowe....
Hmmm ... were they together???
Old 12-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #132  
Kathy from Vermont

Yes they most certainly were. It surprised me but I did remember hearing something about them a few weeks ago.

Kathy
Old 12-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #133  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good morning! It was GREAT to see you all here and posting this morning. I intend to be completely back on program this morning. I got on the scale because I felt I was ready to see whatever was there. I'm up 2 pounds which was upsetting but not as bad as I feared. I was a little worried because even though I was primarily eating Core, I thought I was eating too much quantity. So, today I'm going full blown back on program no deviation. I'll be back on the treadmill too.

Linda, here is my most favorite Core main course meal. It is the best comfort food I've found on Core and it freezes beautifully. It is REALLY easy to make once you chop the peppers and onions. Everyone I have gotten to try it LOVES it. I'll probably be making it tonight because it tastes so good that I won't mind being back on program.

Smothered Chicken and Barley

1 teaspoon ground cumin (This is important to the flavor of the whole dish)
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I don't use this)
1/2 teaspoon dried mint flakes (I don't use this)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (I use extra garlic because we love it!)
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
6 (4-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned (You can use breasts)
1/2 teaspoon canola oil (I usually use 2 teaspoons to brown the chicken)
1 1/2 cups chopped onion (I use less because we aren't big onion eaters)
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
3 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth
1 1/4 cups uncooked pearl barley
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
6 tablespoons chopped green onions (I use two bunches-whatever it comes out to)

1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with a bit of the spice mixture; cook 1 minute on each side or until chicken is browned. When you flip the chicken, sprinkle with more spice mixture. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
3. Add chopped onion, bell pepper, and soy sauce into the oil and juices left in the pan. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Add broth, barley, tomatoes, and remaining spice mixture, and stir well. Add chicken to skillet, nestling into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 55 minutes or until chicken is done. Let stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.

Serves: 6 (serving size: 1 chicken thigh, 1 cup barley mixture, and 1 tablespoon green onions), Cal: 286, Fat: 5g (14.7% calories from fat); Protein: 25g, Carb: 43g, Fiber: 9g, Chol: 54mg, Sodium: 468mg, POINTS: 5 or CORE
Old 12-27-2004, 02:52 PM   #134  

Everybody who's up from the holidays ... DRINK THAT WATER!!! DOUBLE UP ON IT!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:17 PM   #135  

i've been drinking that water..........and a running to the bathroom........man oh man! hope the scale reflects it too

chili was yummy tonight. and so was the crustless pumpkin pie. thanks for the chicken recipe vickie.....i will give it a try this week sometime. you have the best recipes......loved that cola one.

making pizzas around 10pm for #1 son and his friends. they leave on the bus at 4 a.m. to quebec city.......oh to be young again.......not!
i don't think the smell of the pizzas will bother me.......i don't usually eat after 8 pm not unless i have popcorn......and as soon as they have their food i think i will go to bed.....tired today.....

another day off tomorrow! yippee......chiropractor appt mid morning then the day is mine. maybe i will paint or sew......hummm......choices!

lovin' these holidays......nice break from work
Closed Thread