Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 07:59 AM   #106  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning and Merry Christmas Eve! I'm going to be very busy this morning. I'll check back to hear how you all are later.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:30 AM   #107  
Closed

Good Christmas Eve Morning ALL
I hope you all are having a good day so far, even though it's kind of early I was up at 5:30 and out the door at 7:20 and even then the streets were packed as were the stores. Had to get last minute ingredients for my Banana Oatmeal (CORE) cookies and some other things....
I am in the process of baking my Crustless Pumpkin Pie and I already did the B.Oatmeal. I did not do them in cookie drops but instead in a 9 inch square pie pan. Cut them into 2inch squares, and I must say they are not bad. The recipe called for 1/2 mashed banana but I used a whole banana, don't know if the was 1/2 but I know next time (and there will be a next time- like this week) I am going to use two banana's. They are quite good though and will satisfy me. THANKS VICKIE Found a good smoothie recipe on the back of the Nonfat dry milk (that you need for this) So that's another great idea for me. Oh and I even bought FF Plain yogurt which I will doctor up with Splenda....opps my oven bell just went off..be right back....ok, boy that does that SMELL GOOD!!!!!

Anyway....weighed in today.....not too bad....135 EXACTLY....so here's my thought, yes I am up a bit from last week BUT I am down 1.1 from last month on 11/22 how's that for positive thinking!!!!! With all the messing around I did, I am GRATEFUL!!

I am geared for this weekend food wise with all that will be happening. I feel confident My 35 WPA start now-one day early but that's ok, it's my to myself....
Well it's here in SFlorida....and the central air is on. Kind of takes away from it all but......... tis the season!!!!
Have a GREAT DAY ALL..........
I will be back tomorrow...and perhaps even later on today.....till then :merry:
and enjoy YOUR HOLIDAY

Linda
Old 12-24-2004, 12:29 PM   #108  

undefined :merry:

Ahhh.......here I am. What a busy 24th I am having. Got up early and went to town to get my nails done. Came home, delivered some gifts, picked up the mail came home again and had beef barley soup. I need to clean the kitchen up. Make my 7 layer salad. Maybe cut up my veggies, potatoes and turnip for tomorrow. The less I have to do tomorrow the better I feel.

I can not change my scale. W/I was cancelled last night because you could not see more then 20 feet ahead of you on the roads. It was snowing, blowing and howling.........ugh what a night. So next week it is. I felt good about going to. My scale showed -2 but I can't mark that.......not official. Gives me the motivation I need to make it through the rest of the holiday though. And I put on a new size of jeans as well..........yippee! This is a gift all of its own. Love the feeling.

Vickie, way to go at your weight in. Awesome! I think that your are doing great with your Christmas goal. I too wanted to lose the 25 by the 25th but because I did not have a weigh in I won't know until next week. Am aiming for the 25 by the 1st instead.

Janette, great post. We are all in the same boat.......for sure. I felt like I was loosing control last night but I came here for a quick read and felt much better. I passed on my walk because of the weather and watched a movie with my daughter and husband. That was nice.

Judy, 'weigh' to go on your weigh in. It's great when we bounce back quickly. Right on track again.

Kathy-Katpo, I love to stay home alone too but as soon as everyone is gone, I go, ok what am I going to do now. I use that time to read one of my books. Lately, though, I have been sooo busy getting ready for Christmas......as everyone else has been too. I am looking forward to a quiet boxing day.

Kathy in VT, be safe in your travels. Do you ski? I know there are some awesome hills your way. I am not a downhiller......never tried it but I do enjoy getting out on the x-country ones.......this will will be fantastic for it. We have some great forestry around and everyone enjoys them.

I better get moving. A few more to wrap and I am finished!

Cheers, will check back tonight before I read 'Twas the night before Christmas' my kids are 18 and 19 but it is still a tradition.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:01 PM   #109  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I'm off to shower and get dressed since I need to leave here by 4:00. Just have to bake the macaroni and cheese and pack up the car. I'm going to my favorite Niece's house (who is also my Core companion). It will be a nice time. Tomorrow we go to my Sister's house for more eating and companionship. Looking forward to both. Plenty of Core food will be available. I'm going to try to fill up on that so that I don't eat too many treats. I do intend to have some. I'll exercise and be real good starting Sunday night.

Have a very Merry Christmas! Stay as strong as good as you can and try not to beat yourself up if you overindulge a little too much! I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:19 AM   #110  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, it's Christmas Morning.....my absolute favorite day of the year! I was good last night although not perfect. Had some macaroni and cheese (it turned out pretty darn good if I don't say so myself!) and about 4 cookies and a piece of fudge. The rest was all Core! I'm pretty pleased. But before I pat myself on the back I still have to get through Christmas day........

Hope you are all well and hanging in there on Core. If you haven't been able to stick to Core don't despair. There's always the next meal to get back on!

Hubby and I opened or presents to each other last night after my Niece's party. We spoiled each other rotten! We didn't go to bed until after 1:00. I don't know why I woke up at 6:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. I think I am just to wound up or something. Hubby is still sleeping so when he gets up I'll make us some breakfast and then maybe nap. I don't have to leave the house today until about 1:00.

Linda, I'm glad that your weigh in wasn't worse than you feared. Don't worry, we'll all be back on track in a couple of days. You will reach goal. I'm glad you liked the banana cookies. When you perfect the recipe would you share it with us? By the way, I read somewhere that you have to keep the nonfat milk powder in the refrigerator or it goes rancid. I'm not sure how long you can keep it on the shelf.

Frannie, I can't wait to hear what your official weigh in is. I'm sure you'll do a great job of holding on to that 2 pound loss.

Hang in there and don't forget to enjoy your day!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #111  
Closed

Merry Christmas ALL

I feel the need to post.....I wasn't good last night at our neighbors house but that was my plan....and I am Ok with it....Got on my scale and it's up....1.1
and yet I am ok.....I am BACK on today and have my day planned, and am starting my week as always on Saturday.
And am looking forward to my main meal....all CORE
I have my crustless pumpkin pie for my dessert, but I am only having a small piece. I am learning as I go, that even though you can eat till your satified on Core, it ALL counts!!

We too opened gifts this morning and my husband blew me away with all the things he got me...it was fun and now he is inside watching one of my gifts to him and a surprise, (his favorite) the 3 DVD set of Lord of the Rings.
I spoke with my brother and sister, sister in NewYork, brother in N.Carolina, NO family here :-( but I feel better just speaking to them, so it's just Frank and I, but that's ok.
We got invited for the evening over neighbors (we are new here) and it was very joyous. That is where the 1.1 lbs came in, I was being neighborly Didn't want to be rude
Back it's back to 'business' now.....
I hope ALL of you have a GREAT Day....just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone and wish every one a Happy Holiday!!!
Linda
Old 12-25-2004, 12:44 PM   #112  
Closed

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 12-25-2004, 01:22 PM   #113  
Southside White Sox Fan

Great quote, Linda and Ralph! I'm off to my Sister's house. Have a great day.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:07 PM   #114  
Janette

Vicki, you did really well on your Christmas goal! Congrats!
Linda, great weigh in at 135--if I got back to 135 I would be the happiest woman in East Texas!
So glad everyone is enjoying their gatherings. Sounds like everyone is in control with some planned merriment thrown in. We will all be so ready for the challenges of the new year.
We have our Christmas tomorrow then hubby goes back to work on Monday. I will be so happy to get back to my schedule.
I have spent the day reading and napping--a perfect Christmas!
Old 12-25-2004, 07:24 PM   #115  

Wonderful wonderful day. Spent today with my hubby, daughter and son. They helped prepare a fantastic meal which we ate at 2pm. No supper for us......if they are hungry they can snack. I did induldge on some sweets. But I am not going to despair over it. Back on track in the morning. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new day. A new Week.........a new me.

Emerson.......great sayings from this great man. WOW that one blew me away.

Enjoy the season

Joyeux Noel
Old 12-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #116  

Height: 5'7"

Ahh ... RW Emerson -- my favorite cousin!! (That's my last name too, and my hubby is distantly related.)

I had a pretty good day, and didn't overeat at all. My MIL/FIL spoiled me silly, I swear they overdo it everytime. I would have to start a whole new post if I told you what all they got me. MIL only shops at Neimans and Nordstroms, and buys the best stuff. Me ... I'm a Target kinda girl!!

Tomorrow we are sleeping late and then sitting around all darn day watching TV. I think the nephews and niece from Montana are coming over to spend the night. They're in town but staying at the inlaws; but my hubby invited them over to play video games with him. He's just a big kid anyway. So I'll be making waffles and sausage and all sorts of good stuff that I shouldn't be eating! Wonder if I could get away with a baked potato for breakfast?????

Last edited by Katpo; 12-26-2004 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:26 AM   #117  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Guys! It's Sunday morning and I certainly have been overindulging. My meals have been all Core but I've been eating the desserts. Today is the annual come to my house and bring all your left overs! Then we warm up everything and have smorgasboard! It's very cool and I look forward to it every year. It started after I bought too much food for Christmas Eve then I invited my Sister and BIL over after their bargain shopping the day after Christmas. It's grown a bit.

So I have one more day of "indulging" and then back on the wagon. I made a crustless pumpkin pie, so that should help today a bit. In some respects, I'm actually looking forward to getting back to the routine. New Years Eve will not be a problem for me.

Hope you are all well and had a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-26-2004, 04:12 PM   #118  

Yep, the scale was up on me too.....I was down on Christmas morning and up this morning the same amount.....so maybe I will be even by weigh in on Thursday. And I enjoyed every itsybitsy piece of it too. ewwwwwww yummy! But back on track again....core omelet for breakfast, salad for lunch and not sure about supper. Thinking of having the crustless pumpkin but I guess I should get it in the oven.

Went for 1 walk and heading for another real soon. Hubby gave me a mp3 player for Christmas.....so far, I have 100 songs on it. The battery life is 60 hours.....think of how far I can walk on 1 battery.. right.........

I better go and plan my meals for tomorrow. heading for the shopping centres on Wednesday and hoping that the crowds are small by then but I know they won't be....will put on the elbow pads.

I gat my palm working again. I had switched it from the computer upstairs to my laptop.......now to get all the programs back on it! I missed my organizer so much and am happy to have it back.

Must get #1 son cleaning his room. He is going to Quebec City for a 5 day holiday. Tonight tho we are all going to the movies to see the Fochers.....should be a barrel of laughs!

Have a great rest of the day!
Old 12-26-2004, 04:18 PM   #119  
Closed

I wrote before and somehow went in to change/fix something and deleted my previous post..duhhhh!!!!! so much for that.......will post later, kind of got the blues right now....talk with you all later. Hope everyone's holiday was joyous ...Linda
Old 12-26-2004, 05:31 PM   #120  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda....if you're blue about over eating, don't be. Just forget it and get back on the wagon. If you need to vent, we're here. I'm stuffed and was very bad. I had the crustless pumpkin pie here but never touched it. Oh well....it will be here to help me get back on the wagon. I enjoyed myself very much and refuse to beat myself up. I'm not going to get on the scale because it will show a gain. I now I can get it off in a couple of days with some exercise and good eating. I have five days before my next weigh in.

You know I don't feel so good when I eat non-Core foods. Very interesting to me!
Closed Thread