Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 11:56 AM   #136  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, the smothered barley chicken will knock your socks off! Although, I can't even think about it right now. I've gotten a bug and was up until 4:00 am running to the bathroom (and NOT from drinking too much water!).

I just got back up at 10:00 and I'm still not feeling too good.

Hope you are all well.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:38 PM   #137  
Closed

quick stop from me......I too am very sick...have what ever is going around, aches, pains, runny nose, swollen glands, watery eyes, BAD sore throat and cough...did go to work but they sent me home early yesterday and today...talk with you all later...Linda
Old 12-28-2004, 04:58 PM   #138  

you ladies hurry up and get well.......not a good thing feeling crappy......

make yourself a cup of tea, add a little honey and lemon.......soothing.......yumma
Old 12-28-2004, 06:14 PM   #139  

Height: 5'7"

Poor Vickie and Linda!! Feel better soon! I feel terrible myself but it's just tiredness -- hopefully it'll be gone after a quiet night of watching tv tonight.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #140  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie and Kathy, you two are too sweet! It's nice to get a cyber hug when you don't feel well. Frannie, I must not be too sick because I still laughed at your unintentional pun. I was feeling "crappy" when I was running to the bathroom! LOL LOL LOL!!!!!

I didn't exercise again. I only ate oatmeal and banana today and some tea and water. I made Smothered Barley for hubby but felt sick the whole time I was cooking. He said I didn't have to make it but I was supposed to make it yesterday. I didn't want to waste the defrosted chicken. Now I'm making homemade applesauce. After that I'm gonna go shower....maybe I'll feel better.

Not looking good for Thursday's weigh in. No exercise...yikes!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:45 PM   #141  

i had to laugh at my unintentional pun........lol....did not even see that until you pointed it out! don't worry about the exercise....you need to let your body heal itself...save all your energy for that.

take care
Old 12-29-2004, 12:23 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Ladies,

I am so sorry for those of you who are not feeling well. We are having rain in Phoenix this morning but otherwise the weather is not too bad. As soon as I finish this short message I am going to go on the treadmill--just think this is my 3rd day. As far as eating is concerned I am still not in control. I agree getting rid of the taste for sweets is not easy, but it can be done! Thanks again ladies for being there--your support and recipes are most welcome!

Take care and get well soon!
Nita
Old 12-29-2004, 08:03 PM   #143  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks for the good wishes, Nita. I'm still under the weather. We haven't heard from Linda so I suspect she is still not well either. Congratulations on your exercise. I haven't exercised since December 23rd. First I was too busy, then too sick. I will still weigh in tomorrow.

I did get rid of all the non-Core foods so I've done what I can to get back on program. I'll weigh in tomorrow and start a fresh week.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:16 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Vicki, I am sure as soon as you are well you will get back on track. Foodwise I have still been fooling around--I guess I am thinking January 1st is my target date!

Take care,
Nita
Old 12-30-2004, 09:29 AM   #145  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm having a hard time getting myself back on the treadmill. I still ache so much that I can't bear the thought. But Nita's right when I'm better I WILL get back on. Tonight is weigh in. Fingers and toes crossed. I can't trust my home scale so I have no idea what I've done.

Linda, you ok?
Old 12-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #146  

Hi Vickie,

Good to see you posting especially when you aren't feeling well. Keeps your mind motivated!

I too have weigh in tonight. I'm pretty sure I will be up. Those sweets sure were tasty and I enjoyed them. They are gone now......so the temptation will not be there.

Linda hope you are feeling better too. Rest is the best medicine.

Don't overdo ... you have to listen to your body and it will let you know when to hop back on that treadmill.

Take care,
Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #147  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I did manage to get on the treadmill today for my ususal 30 minutes. I felt sick after the 20 minute mark but I stayed on. Especially when I realized it was only the second time that I exercised all week.

I gained .4. I know it isn't much but I hoped that I wouldn't have a gain. I'm not going to beat myself up since I've been sick and because I'm already completely back on program. Better luck next week!

I'm about to head over to Frannie's post to commit to my quasi New Years Resolutions. My next goal is to hit my 10% by my February 10th weigh in. I'd also like to lose 50 pounds by my May 19th weigh in. The second one may not be possible but I'm going to shoot for it anyway! I'll be 49 and that will give me one more year to hit my ultimate goal which is to reach my final WW goal before I turn 50.

Hope you're all back on program. New Years is not a problem for me since I don't really drink anymore. I'll be having popcorn and having a movie marathon with my hubby. I've already planned what I'm cooking for my Eve and Day dinners so I won't get into trouble.

What are you all doing?
Old 12-31-2004, 09:09 AM   #148  

My hubby's family always has a big seafood dinner on New Year's Eve, and it's at our house this year. And of course, they always bread, batter, or deep fry everything. But I made sure we're having salmon steaks on the grill, so at least I'll have that to fall back on. And I think crab is core? I'm making myself a nice chicken soup this noon, so I should be fine until the fried shrimp and french fries call my name this evening. : )

Angela
Old 12-31-2004, 01:04 PM   #149  

Height: 5'7"

We don't do anything for New Year's Eve. I'll just be sitting home worrying about my girls being out. DH and I have a bottle of champagne that we'll drink. It will be a very quiet night.

Last edited by Katpo; 01-01-2005 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:14 PM   #150  

Hi there,

New Year's eve is always a family night for us and some friends. There will be 8 of us going out to dinner. 2 couples, 3 19 year olds, 1 10 year old. I will be ordering chicken with steamed veggies. Then we will go back to their house and ring in the new year by playing dominos, cards or something with the kids. We have done this for the past 6 years. This year marks the first time we actually go out to eat tho. Usually, it is all kinds of snacks, then cards, then a hottub party. Tomorrow, I am making a stuffed chicken dinner. That will be yummy. I will pass on the dressing because I am committed to core with only using half of my 35 points. And dressing doesn't do much for me. Then I will make a soup from the broth and bones.......will eat that next week.

I was up .8 but it was totally expected. (I don't think I will change my scale for it tho. And I will only change it for a 1 lb or over loss. my new rule!) This is over 2 weeks as weigh in last week was cancelled because of the weather. I can't believe the change in the weather. It rained all last night. The farmer's fields look like lakes out there. Very wet but very warm. Tomorrow night tho it is suppose to freeze again.

I committed to my Feb 14 th goal of -10 lbs last night at WW. And for the year to become life member. Ohhhlaaaalllaaaaa........done, fineto, on my way!!!!!!!

Happy New Years everyone!!!!!!! I am excited for 2005!!!
Closed Thread