Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #256  

I also watch the Biggest Loser. At first, I thought it was going to be a really dumb reality show, where they make fun of large people. But it ended up good! I was totally amazed at everyone's progress. I mean, 79 pounds in 6 months for Kelly - that's incredible! I will be watching next week to see how everyone else did too.

Angela
Old 01-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #257  
Southside White Sox Fan

Amazon.com has the book "Passing for Thin" available for $16.32. It is eligible for free shipping if you spend $25.00. I'm guessing with shipping and no other purchase it would have come out to about what I spent at Borders. But if you are in the market for another book (I always am!) this might be a good place to shop if you can't find it elsewhere.

I'm having a bubble bath this afternoon and I'm going to start reading it then!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:25 PM   #258  
Closed

Hello everyone!!! Before I start I just want to say I too watched the Biggest Loser, and felt like Angela did at first, then I got into it. I was sooo hoping Kelly would win....I wasn't crazy about Gary, but I was happy if it couldn't be Kelly that it was Ryan. They ALL did incrediably well....a lot of weight in just 6 months...they all looked awesome. I will watch next week too, to see....the out come....
Anyway here it is 6pm and so far gang, so good. An all CORE day inspite of the stress I had left over from yesterday at work. Had a total melt down, to tears in fact. So of course last night was a total loss, and not weight Drowned my sorrows in a nice sandwich from our local Publix and my husband brought me home some very dee-lish Dreamy Ice Cream. He said "don't do it Linda" and I said, "just bring the Ice Cream home, and no one gets hurt"
Well I did very good today, almost had a slip but as soon as I got in I heated up my soup from lunch (that I didn't eat) and I was happy. Now I will have my planned dinner, Turkey burger and baked potato, and unsweetened applesauce, and I am good to go. My snack will be a Choc. WW smoothie.
I understand it takes at least 3 days to detox your body of sugar, and I believe Vickie mentioned it takes a few days. I am trying very hard to do that these next several days.
Torrey let me know what you will name your 'contract' and will it be just in letter form?? I'd like to do that for myself...so let me know how you'll do it.
Frannie, Vickie and Mercee.....I hope all of you looking for that 25 lbs finds it missing from your weigh in's.
I have my fingers crossed for you. But if not this w/i then for sure the next one. We all know our bodies will let go when IT's ready...don't you just hate that.
I'm curious if any one journals?? I do my entire day (when I am being good) afraid not to. I see what happens with me if and when I don't. If you don't , how to you handle it? Just curious :-) I learn so much else from everyone here, thought I'd ask :-)
I can't wait to try the swiss miss treat, but forgot what I have to do with it, and the egg quiche cups...they both sound great. I have to find the egg quiche that I think Frannie posted, and the swiss miss treat Vickie posted.
I think if I get passed tonight and tomorrow (all day) I'll be ok and back on track and start trending down. This has been the worst several weeks of my WW life.....ughhh!! I lost it there for a while....again something I swore I would never do. Thank God for All of you!!! and this great board.
Well, I am going to get my dinner ready, and I will see you all back here tomorrow......have a great evening/day......Linda
VICKIE enjoyed your bubble bath...sounds WONDERFUL......

Last edited by L.J; 01-13-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #259  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, take one packet Swiss Miss and put it in your blender. Add 1 cup cold skim milk, 2 ice cubes, and one banana. Blend until foamy/creamy. Enjoy!

I stayed the same tonight. I'm bummed. Better luck next week. And I didn't even cheat. Sure do hate this old metabolism of mine!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:07 PM   #260  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I don't know whether or not you realize it but you had a GREAT success today. You had a bad day, you had a slip or two and you got right back on program! You aren't beating yourself up. You went right back on at the next meal without saying oh what the heck. That is a big accomplishment to keep your slips small instead of landslides.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:27 AM   #261  
Closed

Thanks Vickie for the vote of confidence as well as how to do the swiss miss treat.
As for the tale of the scale.....it doesn't know that your body wasn't ready to let go last night. It will come, and probably in the next few days.
You are an inspiration to me that is for sure. So don't beat yourself up either you. Bummed is not a frame of mind you are ever in, well at least not here. Glad you expressed that, but tell yourself what you would tell one of us...do some selftalk as if you were posting to me when I am 'bummed' and totally screwed up :-)
I always felt a STS (stay the same, for what ever reason) was sooo much better than a gain. Our bodies are funny creatures. One thing about you, you won't fall off that wagon, you will carry on today and work it. That is what I find so inspiring about you.
Frannie and Mercee how 'bout you?? We're all pulling for all of you. We will do this, you know.
Hope everyone is doing ok out there. I am on Day 2 of being 'good' all journaled up and ready to go.....well I have to get ready to go to work...see you all back here later......Linda
Old 01-14-2005, 09:08 AM   #262  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Linda. I read your message here after reading on the new Core Support board. You do know me. I just finished writing on the new board how I'm not going to quit! I've analyzed the thing to death and I'm just going to keep plugging along. I think the thing that got me was that I had been good and should have lost. This is where I used to get sloppy. I'd figure that I could eat bad things and not gain but NOT TRUE! So I'll just keep going and staying on program. Sooner or later my body will let go and I'll lose again. I think Frannie made her goal but she didn't celebrate it because I didn't. Isn't she sweet? I think everyone is pretty much over on board 5 now. Maybe you can cut and past your message over there? Thanks so much for the support. You guys are my support network.
Closed Thread