Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 06:28 AM   #91  
Closed

Good Morning All....thank you for the 'encouraging' words....
KATHY (Katpo) you are too funny!!! We seems to be teter tottering together here. You have expressed it exactly describing me...I too am good for 3-4 hours.....BUT...
....I am going to give it my best shot (YET) AGAIN today....I have prepared my entire day..my husband just laughs - he is soooo supportive of me. God bless his patience.
VICKIE- I like what you said....."just 3 more days and then we are in the holiday home strecth. And most importantly you are right WE CAN DO THIS....I feel like the little train that could....
FRANNIE- I think perhaps keeing FF yogurt in the house is a good idea, I can deal with it if I put Splenda or FF/SS instant pudding in it...GREAT idea....
I just may make the pumpkin pie again....got a little nervous with it this past weekend, had two piece Sat and Sun, and then, got rid of it....
I am weighing in this morning so I will let you all know later......it's early and I have to finishing getting ready for work....Talk with you all later...........Linda
Old 12-23-2004, 06:37 AM   #92  
Closed

Default P.s......

VICKIEDo you have the recipe for Banana Oatmeal cookies - I believe it's Core...had it printed and in my haste and madness I threw it out...if not do you know where I can find it again...thanks Linda
Old 12-23-2004, 08:00 AM   #93  
Kathy from Vermont

Frannie, the snow here was good until it rained yesterday and got near 40. Today it is going to be rainy also and almost 50 but tonight its going to drop and stay in the teens for the next few days so maybe we will get a little more snow. At least there is still some at the ski areas. We don't travel far on Xmas Eve and day, just maybe 11 miles so it won't be bad. My Golden is certainly a cold weather dog. When I let her out first thing in the morning she comes back all covered with snow! Better than mud though!!! WI tonight and I think I am down another pound. I wasn't going to go to Curves this morning but dragged myself anyway since I had to get up for work. I have been known during vacation days to get up and go exercise, come home and go back to bed. Somehow I never have any problem going back to sleep.

Kathy
Old 12-23-2004, 08:19 AM   #94  
Janette

I think what we are all feeling is the "holiday anticipation" that still gets us, no matter how old we get (I have 10 years on most of you guys by the way but started this "wanting to eat healthy" journey about 10 years ago). We fear the unknown (am I going to overindluge, will the same holiday fight break out this year, will everyone like the gifts I bought them) so we are nervous either with a good feeling of anticipation or a dread of the holidays. It will be over soon and we will get back to our routines and start the New Year off with greater resolve to eat healthy and feel better.

One thing they used to tell us at the meetings is to only eat those "fattening" foods if This Is The Only Time of The Year You Can Get Them! With me it is chocolate covered cherry candy. Love it and only buy it this time of year (when it is on every end cap at every store you visit). Maybe for you it is a special cake your Mom always makes or a special dish your Aunt makes that you only see at Christmas time. Maybe it is something you make special for your family (for me it is those Santa Sugar Cookies that I used to make with my kids and now make with my grandkids). Like the wine someone had with an old friend--that is not something you do every weekend that would become a habit (calorie wise I mean--not spirit wise ) I guess I am saying--let it be special.

Most of all let's enjoy this wonderful season of loving and giving. We all deserve it.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:12 AM   #95  
Southside White Sox Fan

Janette, you made me tear up this morning. You're very wise and you certainly hit the nail on the head with me. I can honor my food traditions and not binge and I'll be happier for it. I've been struggling mentally a bit because I know if I don't indulge a bit I'll feel deprived which can often trigger a "real" binge. I'll think of you when I eat my Mom's jello mold (with the cream cheese/mayo base) and homemade fudge. I'll only have a little bit, but I suspect it will be enjoyed more without all the guilt! You don't post much but boy do your posts add value!!!!!

Linda, I'll be having the pumpkin pie on Christmas Day. I don't worry about it as long as I'm only eating it in normal servings. I've eaten it for breakfast and dessert. I just try to analyze the satisfied/full angle to make sure I'm just not eating it because it's good but rather because I am hungry. Which brings me to another point. If you are doing Core correctly, I've been told that you should start to be hungry every 2-3 hours. So, the fact that you are looking for food every 3-4 is normal. You should eat. I think on Core you are supposed to be eating 3 meals and a couple of snacks. I know I promised to try to find the philosophy of Core. I'll see if I can do that. So don't sweat it that you are what feels like "constantly" hungry. That means you're doing it RIGHT! I'll look in my recipe file to see if I can find that cookie recipe for you.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:28 AM   #96  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi,
What a nice group this is. I had my official WI yesterday and knocked off 2 of the 2.4# I had gained last week. This makes me very happy. I need to concentrate on a downward weight each week. I've been letting too many distractions get in my way.
This is the holiday season and I'll be having the kids in for the next few days and then more company next week. It won't be easy to celebrate and watch what I'm eating at the same time, but I've planned some WW Core recipes and foods and I'm trying the crustless pumpkin pie recipe to have on hand for when I need to snack. I've also got crudites in the house and plan on making a white bean/roasted red pepper dip that is so easy and is on Core. That plus shrimp are huge helps.
Good luck to everybody and have a happy holiday. Here's to good progress in 2005!!

Judy
234.6/213.2/thinner on way to onederland
Old 12-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #97  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I don't have a banana oatmeal cookie recipe but now I want one! I've posted on the Barbo Diet Kitchen site (the ladies are VERY nice on this site) and on the WW site (although I HATE that site because the people are so mean!) I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

I've decided to weigh in at noon today instead of 5:30 so I'll have the rest of the day to back. Gotta run and get ready. Talk to you all later!
Old 12-23-2004, 01:35 PM   #98  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I'm back from my weigh in and I'm down another 1.2 for a total of 22.2. This despite being in the middle of a killer TOM. I also switched to a heavier top for winter. I figured if I was going to gain I would just do it all at once. I really need to replace my home scale (or stay off of it...fat chance!) because it is always heavier than the WW scale but never by a consistent amount. Now I have to make my chocolate chip cookies and my lemon squares. That will leave Core sweet and sour coleslaw for tomorrow and full fat deadly macaroni and cheese! I should be able to stick pretty much to Core for Eve and Day but there will still be plenty of temptation. At least I have all 35 WPA's starting now!

Linda, here's a recipe for banana oatmeal cookies but I don't even think you can call it sorta Core because banana cream instant oatmeal isn't Core. I suppose it isn't bad though for 1 point a piece. I'll let you know if anyone posts others.

Banana Oatmeal Cookies
35 cookies
1 pt a piece

Ingredients

1/4 c. Country Crock light butter-from tub
3 TBSP egg substitute (= to 1 egg)
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. each cinnamon & baking soda
1/4 tsp. each baking powder & salt
5 pkts banana & cream breakfast oatmeal

Mix butter, egg white, sugars, & vanilla until creamy. Blend in flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix in oatmeal. Drop by tsp. on cookie sheet. Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:38 PM   #99  
Southside White Sox Fan

Judy, congratulations on your great comeback weigh in! It's really impressive to get it almost all off in one week. I hope you enjoy the crustless pumpkin pie. It's really been a lifesaver for me through the holidays. I really like it for a bunch of reasons but mostly because it looks like I'm really having a real dessert. Kind of fools the brain!

Good Luck....I'm sure you'll do ok because it is clear that you are planning ahead. I think the planning is essential for weight loss.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:46 PM   #100  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, here's another recipe from Barbos Diet Kitchen. This one looks way more Core. Remember....I haven't tried any of these. Of the two, I would try this one.

Apple OR Banana Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup of Quaker Oats oatmeal
2 tbsp of splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cups of dry non fat milk
1/2 cup of unsweatened applesauce OR 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 egg

Mix all by hand mixer and scoop on sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Really tricks the mind into thinking you are having oatmeal cookies.

The recipe didn't say how big to make the cookies. Sorry....
Old 12-23-2004, 04:53 PM   #101  
Closed

Hey All....a quick note to say hello and to reiterate Vickies sentiments of
JEANETTE'S post.....they are both powerful and empowering, Janette. So sensible and at the same time soooo calming (for me) So I thank you too!
VICKIE--- the second Banana Oatmeal recipe is the EXACT one I threw out in my craziness!!! Actually I do remember it saying to put it in a cake pan (probably square) and cut into 6 pieces. I'll test it out. I am doing the Crustless Pie tomorrow too, I am protecting myself from myself by being prepared...too many Temptations, and I don't mean the singing Group
Well it's good to know that if I am hungry every 3-4 hours I AM doing something right! Boy was I tempted to stop at the store after work today...I was actually going to get chocolate....can you imagine!!! Thank God the parking lot was jammed!!!!!! I came home and made a cup of cous cous....it saved me from myself.
I will w/i tomorrow, hey and then, like Vickie I can start my 35 WPA then....whooohooo
KATHY IN VT- hope all is going well with you....
JUDY - good going.....I know I won't see that tomorrow but I am sure hoping by next Friday, since there will be no weigh in here next Saturday either. I am trying sooo hard to stay focused.
KATPO- how's it going for you.....once again I almost slipped after having such a great morning and midday.. I think I just figured it out......that darn ride home intices me as I pass the grocery store.....hmmmm, I'll have to make the radio louder at that point, and get my mind on something else. I can do this....I refuse to gain the perverbial 5-7 Holiday lbs I am reading about....
So let's all hang in there, and be good to ourselves and to our bodies. Go slow, take it easy and be conscience of what we pick up and put on our plates and in our hot little hands........talk with you all tomorrow with the.....dun...dun..dun..dun...w/i news...it won't be a pretty sight but who else to better share it with then my "friends"
here at this FANTASTICALLY SUPPORTIVE group!!!!!
So much for my quick note
Have a good evening.............Linda

Last edited by L.J; 12-23-2004 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #102  
Closed

Default Congrats..............

GO VICKIE on the weigh in.....
FANTASTIC!!!!! I am so happy for you, and you should be soooo proud of yourself...........Linda
Old 12-23-2004, 07:27 PM   #103  

Height: 5'7"

I'm hanging in there! Home alone tonight, so I made tortilla soup (should be CORE) with leftover roasted chicken, broth, corn, diced tomatoes, and some spices. It smells and tastes wonderful!

My husband went downtown Fort Worth with his friends to have fun, both of my daughters are at work ... so it's just me and the dogs. Funny how I long to have time to myself, but when I do, I'm bored stiff!!! So I'll just work on my Christmas baking and watch TV and wait for everybody to come home. Good thing I'm off work tomorrow, because I plan on staying up really late!!!

Happy Christmas Eve to everybody tomorrow!
Old 12-23-2004, 07:38 PM   #104  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I've baked two batches of chocolate chip with pecans and am working on my lemon square bars now. The whole house smells like butter and sugar and I'm wondering why on earth I am doing this to myself. I've already shared a half of a chocolate chip cookie with my hubby. So far I feel ok about it but it's not easy. Everything will be leaving the house tomorrow or Saturday. I told my Niece and Sister what I was bringing so I can't eat it or there won't be any for their parties! That's my plan anyway! All that will be left here are a couple of dozen chocolate chip cookies for my husband. I asked him to keep them away from me and I know he will.

I still have to make my Mom's jello mold. That leaves homemade macaroni and cheese and coleslaw to make tomorrow. I'm tired and really need to quit soon.

Kathy, I'd be scared to bake alone! Linda, good luck tomorrow. Remember it is what it is. You can only change the future!
Old 12-23-2004, 07:40 PM   #105  
Southside White Sox Fan

I forgot to mention that I missed my Christmas goal. I said that I would lose at least 20 (which I did) but also that I was going to shoot for 25 (which I missed). Pretty funny that I ended up smack dab in the middle of the two goals at 22.5. I swear I didn't plan it that way!
Closed Thread