Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:23 PM   #76  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi All! I've just got bows and ribbon left. No baking for me tonight. Too tired.

My Jedi Warrior name would have been VicOs. Pretty weird!

See you all later. I did cook my Cola Chicken dinner and had an all Core day. My weigh in is Thursday. Linda, are you sure you'll have a weight in on Friday? I think my Center is closed on Friday and Saturday.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:32 AM   #77  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well....I finally finished my wrapping at about 11:00 last night. I'm so tired. I packed up all the packages into shopping bags. Some will get transported on Christmas Eve into our family room and the others will go to my Sisters on Christmas Day. Can't put any packages under the tree because my cat would pick them all off and shred them to pieces!

I was back up at 6:00 this morning. Just let me say that six hours of sleep is not enough for me. I've got running to do all day today and I need to fit some baking in. Not making alot. Just some favorites to bring to my family on Friday and Saturday. I'm showing up on the scale....TOM is due any minute. Huge sigh.....

Talk to you all later.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:33 AM   #78  
Southside White Sox Fan

I meant to say showing up on the scale as a gain....I really am tired!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:06 AM   #79  
Kathy from Vermont

Cool

Hello All
Hope everyone is well! I am starting on my next 10% goal and am down 2 pounds last WI (Thurs.). I had a rough day Friday as we had our holiday party at work and was good until I saw the cookies. So far it doesn't seem to have affected my week but we'll see for sure on Thurs. night. We go to relatives for both Christmas Eve and day so I am lucky to not have a lot of tempting food hanging around the house. Its weird how we are all about the same age. I am 48 and my husband is 46. We met thru a personal add in our local paper and have been married since 1990. We have 1 son age 12 1/2, and a Golden Retriever aged 11. It was -8 here yesterday with a wind chill factor of -25 but the forcast for Thurs. is 51 and rain. What strange weather we have been having in VT so far this winter! I had my yearly doctor's appt. yesterday and she was very pleased with my weight loss which made me feel good. I told her that next year she wouldn't recognize me. I also made a bet with my son that by the time he was taller than me I would weigh less than him so I really have to kick my rear in gear after the first of the year and make this happen.

Take care and don't get too down on yourself for a few slip ups during the holiday. We are only human. Just take it one day at a time.

Kathy
Old 12-21-2004, 09:13 AM   #80  

Good day eh!

I took last night off and had Christmas with a friend......we drank blackberry merlot....oh dear the points. but it was so good!

LP....yesterday 4 more inches of snow and this morning just 2. The boys were out on the snowmobile last night and having a blast. I shovelled the end of the lane just to get out but did not go for a walk.....-31C with the windchill in the -45's.brrrr

Vickie.....the cola chicken was marv. wow......even my son loved it. I am going to make that a favorite. My daughter is travelling home today and there is 1 piece left so she will just gobble it up and take the recipe back to school with her for sure.

My hubby and I met at a wedding. His friend married my roommate. She moved to Ontario in 1981. Al caught the garter and I caught the bouquet so it was meant to be. We married a year later and I moved to Ontario in 1982. Yep....23 years and going strong. And my girlfriend and I work for the same govt agency but only 4 hours away from each other. I talk to her almost every day. Sap sap sap Oh yes, I am 47 and hubby is 46. we work at the same nuc plant now but he works for the company and me the feds......isn't life stange

Kathy--My Jedi name is FraRa ........ sounds like that do, ra, me song haha Way to go on that younger man.......whoohoo! you go girl

Way to go Judy on your 2 great days....more to come!

I have to stay away from those christmas treats today......i brought in an all core lunch so that will help......must make some popcorn tonight to help!!

Better get to work,
Cheers,
Old 12-21-2004, 11:06 AM   #81  

Height: 5'7"

Morning, all!! Happy Tuesday!

How freaky that we're all nearly the same age! What is up with THAT?? LOL!! I love reading how people meet ... it's like a made-for-TV movie hearing some of the stories!

Our Christmas luncheon at work is today. UGH! Well, I brought a big platter of carrots, celery, green onions, radishes, cucumbers, and dip. At least I'll have something to eat! I think they're getting a honey-baked ham too ... so maybe I can have just a teeny piece and it'll keep me away from the really bad stuff!

This morning I was down 2 but it's probably because I drank the heck out of the water yesterday! Weekend gain was all water weight I'm sure ... I didn't drink any and ate salty things. Up, down, up, down ... but still I can't make myself stay off of that darn scale every morning! I am just writing it down weekly though, and not really taking note of what the daily readings are. I'm not going to WW meetings anymore because we're done for the Christmas break. They'll start back up after the first of the year (the @ work program) and I'll jump back in then. If I can't get the last 10 off in 13 weeks, then I give up! It's just not meant to be!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 05:07 PM   #82  
Closed

Well if I didn't mention in my last email about how we met let me also chime in on the "yep we're all the same age" I bet we'd all have a blast if we out together!!

Well remember that GREAT day I had the other day...... well today I was !#~@! because I was SO good and got on that darn ole scale this morning and what does it show me for ALL my effort....up .8 What the heck is that I thought, I'll show you, so after work I had Some Herseys Almond Filled Nuggets....I HATE when I am good and it doesn't reflect on the scale. I know I know we aren't suppose to worry about the scale but I am here to tell you I DO!! so it's safe to say I used up the rest of my measily 35 WPA :-( however I am having a good Core dinner (hahahaha)
Good going Kathy (VT) on the 2 lbs down.....that's great!!
Kathy (Katpo) you and I seemed crazed with this getting on the scale everyday. I should of left well enough alone yesterday..look what happened....ughhhhh!!
It just angers me when that happens......so I'll sing my mantra..."here I go again"
Seems I am getting no where fast!!! 8 lbs is just as hard to lose as 20 or more. I'm ok, just upset, but really I am ok with it. I can't imagine how the heck I am going to handle the weekend and next weekend. The average weight most people gain during this time is 7 lbs.....Let's stay strong here friends....because we sure don't want to have to lose what we have to lose, plus another 7 lbs.....deal???
Kathy -Katpo you don't mean give up all together, you mean maintain where you are, right??
Frannie - you are such an inspiration. I get seem to get myself to walk around the community we live in....boy I should think of you shoveling and get my butt in gear...shear laziness on my partI tell ya........plus you cooked the cola chicken too!! You're something!!
Vickie...ya think maybe you can relax now!! Wheww just reading all you've done, I'm tired...and yet you find the energy to walk on the treadmill and cook to boot. All of you are such inspirations.
I hope everyone here is having or had a good day. I didn't, and need to admit it....so there I said it :-)
I will need to weigh in on Friday, yes they're open. If I go Sunday then this week is considered a missed meeting...I have no expectations for Friday, but that's ok.
It is a LIFELONG committment isn't it. The neverending saga..........we'll be doing this for ever, or we know what the consequences are.. and I AM NOT going back there.
And won't.........with a little help from my "friends" So tomorrow it's back to a full day of Core....I don't think I planned very well for today anyway...that was my first mistake......
Well you all have a great evening.....the temps are warmer here today...the norm 70's
It does feel good...since I have no cold weather clothes or shoes.....
Talk with you all later.........Linda
PS - the Jedi name would be...........LinLe.....
What about the rest of you.....you started something cute Kathy....
Old 12-21-2004, 07:55 PM   #83  
Southside White Sox Fan

Vermont Kathy, nice weigh in! You gave me some hope. I can't wait to go to my Gynecologist at the end of January. She's always giving me a hard time about my weight. I'm sure she'll be pleased with my 21 pound loss to date. I like the idea of continually doing 10% goals. That was something I hadn't thought about. I'm going to need mini goals to get me all the way to 150 pounds down.

Frannie, I sure could go for a glass of wine! Except it would probably put me to sleep and I've too much to do still. I had hair appointment and errands today and tonight I'm going to start my baking. I don't know how you stant the cold. I get whiny when our windchill is 20 below. I can't even imagine -45!. I am SO happy you liked the cola chicken! I try not to recommend recipes that are not tried and already favorites. I love the story about how you and your husband met. What a storybook romance. Did I tell you that my hubby and I are retired Federal employees?

Kathy, I hope you survived your Christmas luncheon without too much trouble. If you eat something non-Core, don't worry about it. Just get back on for dinner. That's going to be my plan. If I slip, I'm not going to go off completely. I'm just going to say "ooops, bad meal!" and get right back on. I may still gain but I hope it won't be as much as usual. As for the scale, I'm on it every day sometimes multiple times a day. I just don't react to it if that makes any sense. It's just information. If I look like I might be up or if I'm only down a little, I use that information to bolster my resolve to stay on program and I try to drink a little more water or exercise more. I've given up trying to stay off the scale. I can't!

Linda, I know we would all enjoy each other's company. I repeat my scale comment for you. If your gonna get on the scale daily (or multiple dailies) you can't over-react to what you see. If I have a good day or a bad day, it doesn't always show up right away on the scale. If you can't stay off the scale then try not to let it make you go into a little tailspin. I think I told you what my hubby told me way back in the beginning when I started the program again and I would be impatient. He'd say, "Vick, it's a marathon, not a sprint". You know he's right.

Having said all that, I did not exercise today and did not cook dinner. What a bum! I just had too much running to do. I'm gonna go put some pj's on and start making some shortbread cookies. I will NOT eat them.....I will NOT eat them....think if I keep repeating it that I will believe it?
Old 12-22-2004, 06:34 AM   #84  
Janette

Good morning everyone. I've been up since 3:00 (hubby had to go in early today) and just wanted to check in. Kathy, tight 8 and loose 10 sound great to me and your height! At 5'4 (ok, in a stretch) I really envy that!

I think a new Buick is an exciting buy. I drive a 92 Rivera and just love that car. Plan to replace it when I retire in a couple of years and am thinking about another Buick. So much to choose from but honestly they are starting to all look alike. What happened to the days when they all had their own distinctive flair?

Have to go. Got a lot to do today to get the house ready for the holidays. Not to mention the 12 hours of A Gardener's Diary I have filmed and have to watch and get off the tv before DH begins to grumble!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:48 AM   #85  
Southside White Sox Fan

Janette, I'm so jealous that you can keep a car so long. Must be that great Texas weather. They don't last so long here in Chicago. We are loving the car. We looked at the new Buick LaCrosse. It's very pretty but wasn't big enough for us. You're right...they do all sort of look alike!

I'm short too. I say 5' 3" inches but I think I'm closer to 5' 2"! Not a pretty picture with 150 or should I say 129 extra pounds.

I saw a Ziggy cartoon a million years ago. It said "I'm not too fat, I'm just too short!" This should be my motto!
Old 12-22-2004, 05:58 PM   #86  
Closed

Hi Everyone!! Good to hear from you Janette.
VICKIE it's so funny,I pictured you tall, like 5'7 5'8, nevertheless that weight will come off!! Be it 5'2 or 5'3. You are so determined, and I envy that about you. I struggle every single day just to get this ~@!@~!@# 8.8 lbs off.
I am here to tell my you friends......I have lost control, not been in it in DAYS!!!! I start out GREAT and lose it. I don't know what the problem is. Could it be I am close and think..."well what's the difference, I'm close enough" Could I have diet burnout??
Do I think something will work better.....what in the heck is my problem. I have all the best intentions. And YES I do need to lose these lbs. I am very uncomfortable, and yet I keep blowing it....
I am now scared for during the holiday. I just want to say the **** with it, but then I think about gaining anything extra and I freak out. Yet some of my WW coworkers could care less. They are going into these next two holidays weeks full speed ahead on the eating.
Is anyone else freaking out like me and out of control.....I am not hearing that at all. What I am hearing is how focused you all are....and how jealous I am. You think I would just do this darn it shut up about it. I am getting angry at myself but I hope you all will be patient with me. I can't get my feet off the ground here. I gained back 24 lbs, lost 16 have 8.8 go to and I just can't....I know there is no such word as can't, so what is it, I won't!!!!!
Well I am going to give it another shot tomorrow YET AGAIN!!! Sound familiar :-)
Well thanks for listening....and thanks for being there.
I guess I had to vent...and who better to, then my cirlce of friends all over this great Country of ours....
Thanks for listening to my whinning....I keep that up some one will offer me some cheese with that whine (hahaha)
Have a great evening, talk with you all later..........Linda
WISH ME LUCK !! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:30 PM   #87  

hello everyone,

Linda I know you can make it. Sometimes I seem as if I am on the verge of going out of control at the fridge door and then my good habit i have kicks in and i have fruit, or yogurt. I have to keep telling myself it is not a diet but a lifestyle. I feel so much better eating this way. I used to feel real sluggish and not wanting to do anything but now i have bunches of energy. Ooopppsssss. a shortbread cookie just called my name and it was sooooo good. But you see I only had 1 instead of 6 and I am done.

Thanks Kathy for telling us you took in a veggie tray for the luncheon. I just made my grocery list for tomorrow and veggies are on the list. I am making a fat free spinach dip too and this is what I plan on munchie on throughout Saturday! Are you anywhere near the snow that Texas received?

Kathy in Vermont, how is the snow there? We are expecting another 20 cm (10 ") tonight. It will probably be coming your way tomorrow night. Be safe in your travels. We have a golden too. He is 6 and quite a big suck too. So cute!

I am 5'8". But not tall enough for these extra 25 pounds. Working on that for sure! And tomorrow night I hop on the scale. I am probably bloating from TOM getting nearer......I know more water, more water. I will see if it helps. Time will tell.

Better get making some of that fudge. No licking the bowl........

See ya in the movies,
Old 12-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #88  
Closed

PS....changing my signature...w/i tomorrow and I am sure it's going to be UP! You know when you just 'feel' it... So I might as well post it anew.
Trending UP ...... not good!!!
I will check in tomorrow, I have yet again some soul searching to do.... to see WHY it is I can't seem to get it together of late. you all seem sooo in control and have it all together.........Talk with you all later......Linda

Last edited by L.J; 12-22-2004 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:36 PM   #89  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Is anyone else freaking out like me and out of control.....I am not hearing that at all.
Me again! Linda, as I sit here drinking a beer, which washed down my fish sandwich from Burger King ... who could be better to join you in your misery? I think I'm so close I keep saying "awww, screw it!" to myself and letting go, then I feel bad and start over, do well for -- oh, say 3-4 hours! -- and then slip again! It's such a cycle! Maybe after the first of the year we can focus again, but I know what you mean about the WW coworkers. Mine are full speed ahead too! They say they're going to have a two week blowout and worry about it later. Um, okay.

Frannie, it snowed here today! I am in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and I think we got about an inch. It was light snow for 3-4 hours, teensy accumulation but by tomorrow the sun will be out and it'll be gone. We do this at least once a year, sometimes twice.

Well, back to Seinfeld! I'm debating on whether I should go in to work tomorrow, and if I do, if I should take some snacks. And if I do -- what sort of snacks?? Oh, the dilemma!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:14 PM   #90  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello, Ladies! Not to panic. What we are ALL feeling will pass. So far I'm sticking to Core but I know I've used every drop of my 35 points and some of my activity points as well. It was the best I could do to avoid eating really bad stuff. It is my TOM and it is a wicked one. I can tell how bloated I am and I'll be shocked if I don't have a gain tomorrow. I am NOT going to beat myself up about it nor am I going to give up. I am doing the level best I can.

I know that you are all doing the best you can as well. Linda, in the old days would you have even bothered to start out every day trying again? Probably not...but you are now. Just be as good as you can at as many meals as you can. I'm trying to keep myself full on Core food because then I am less tempted by the forbidden foods!

I am struggling too but keep trying hard not to give in because I have SO far to go. If I was as close as you and Kathy I am sure I would be having a much harder time of it. Don't give up and don't stop writing about it. I'm sure it helps and I don't think any less of you or anyone else who is struggling. That's the purpose of this board.

Frannie, you make an excellent point about the cookies. So you had one....before it would have been 6. That's kind of my point. Be as good as you can be and don't beat yourself up. You've given yourself permission and because you were sensible you don't feel guilty. This is a lesson for me to learn! Thanks.

Kathy, I hope you hang in there. Don't just give in to it completely. Try to hang in there. I'm looking forward to Sunday night when my world will go back to normal. New Years Eve is not a big night for us. We don't really drink much any more. I'd be happy with popcorn and a great movie. Then I can really buckle down.

Just 3 days more and then we are in the holiday home stretch. We can do this.
Closed Thread