Old 09-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I wanted to tell you all about a dessert I had at a neighbor's house recently.

She puts frozen bananas in her food processor and lets it run until they have a consistency like ice cream. She just adds a little vanilla. It was delicious, but I haven't tried to make it yet.

i've been working in the yard for three hours, mostly sitting. I'll be back out shortly. I really want to get those plants in. When I'm finished I'll tell you what I've done in more detail.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #47  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, sounds like you're enjoying this cooler weather. I freeze bananas, too. I've never added vanilla. I'll bet it's really good that way.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

It's been a long week, and I am sooooo tired! Been keepin' up with y'all Nothing wrong...just tired!

Last edited by sloanie; 09-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #49  

hello chicks.

My daughter came here yesterday and stayed the night with me. It was good to see her. It's been a lazy day. Working on a plastic spoon mirror. Other than that just watching HGTV.

We have cooler weather too. A great change from the heat. Hubby is at parents until next weekend, to give his sisters a break.

My eating is out of control, again!!! What is wrong with me?
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #50  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Default Trying to get back on track

It's been a long time since I've posted on here, and I'm thinking about getting back on track again. I'm not joining ww, but want to do it on my own and thought of this site. I remember most of you, not sure if you remember me. I have been going over the recipes, and a lot of them are from me. So I hope you don't mind if I join the group again.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #51  

Hey Tracie, I think about you all the time! Glad you are back?
Old 09-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #52  

Enjoying a restful weekend, plan to get back to work on the house on Monday .
Then the rest of Sept I plan to sort & purge extra stuff, keep the house looking nice and start exercising. Someone told me that if you have 3 main goals(written down ) per month that you can stay focused .. so
1)Listing house, 2)sorting & getting rid of stuff, 3)exercising..those are my 3..

If it sells fast I am just planning to do a simple apartment while I house hunt,
unless I find something first..

I think I have decided on a ranch , about 2000 sqft, with a big family room & fireplace..& some privacy in the back..I was looking at houses with just the master downstairs, but I will still end up doing stairs to use the other spaces and clean. If grandkids come and stay I think having them on another floor would bother me ...hadn't really thought through that..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #53  
focused and aiming

Tracie. We're all sort of rebooting here. It's good to have you back.

Nancy, 3 things is a good idea. You know me. I'm the copycat here. Now I'm thinking of what my 3 might be.

Sloan, school has to be hectic. Get some rest.

Pam, I ate at Chicken Express today. The only things I had that weren't fried were biscuit/gravy/mashed potatoes. Nuff said.

We have company coming out this evening. Right now, Curtis is powerwashing the porches. I moved all the plants/furniture. I'm pooped!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #54  

Welcome back, Tracie.

I am very tired and will be taking a nap soon. I'm making grilled salmon for dinner. We had a healthy breakfast out with my niece and her husband, then when I went to church I ate a donut and a cookie! Oh well--maybe that's part of why I'm tired. Although I do think working in the yard has a lot to do with it.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

Donut..............mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I want one or two or twelve....
Old 09-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #56  

On top of school craziness, my Bible study has started again, I am doing the Statistics class, and today, I made wedding cakes. 3 separate tiers: one 12 in, one 8 in, and one 6 in. Of course, I ate some of the pieces that I cut off when I leveled them Next week I will make the 10 inch cake. I am stacking them and crumb coating them then putting them in the freezer. The wedding is Oct. 6. I will cover each cake with white fondant and top them with sugared grapes. The wedding is "wine themed". Also, my goal is to finish my statistics class before Oct. 15 'cause my Old Testament history class starts on that date. When my bachelors' program starts in January, I will no longer be doing my Bible study , so I should be less busy as my Bible study is a two day a week commitment. I will miss Bible study, but it is on the same night as my class, and I would way too busy to do both. Right now, I plan to continue to paint, but that may have to be put on hold, too. Sorry about rambling, but I wanted y'all to know why I am so bad about posting. Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

Sloan, you are a busy chickie for sure. The cake sounds delicious. I like the idea of a wine theme. How creative!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #58  

wine sounds good!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #59  

Have you seen the plaque that says: I love cooking with wine, and sometimes I put a little in the food"? Love it!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #60  
focused and aiming

We're off to take the boat for a short fishing trip. I get a pedi this afternoon. Busy day.