Old 09-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #31  

morning chicks.

Nancy and Sandra, you have me cracking up. I am picturing Desperate Housewives.

Not much new here. Very hot and humid.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I definitely need to get a new tree guy

Nancy, do you know if that tree had ever been struck by lightening? I was told that sometimes they are, we don't know it, and they get weak and break. They're called "widow makers."

Yes, there is still pain. I've been trying to make do with Ibuprofen but it's not getting to the pain. I took one of DH's pain pills and slept last night. I see the podiatrist on Monday and will see if he will approve more pills as I go through the next transition. I am out of all boots and into real shoes. I have to keep the incision area wrapped a few turns in an Ace bandage and can wear only one pair of shoes.

I went to tap class and walked through he routines for about 30 minutes, and I'm going to the gym (upper body) this afternoon. We'll see how all this goes. My hips hurt because of all the contorted walking.

Sandra, I'm glad to hear that your brother is moving ahead. I can't imagine what pain he is having and what he has yet to go through. Walking with crutches is horrible. Will he have a prosthetic, or do you know?

Oh, Sandra, I'm going to put something on your FB about a possible leak at a gas well in Glen Rose.

Back later.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Beep Beep!!! Vrooooommmmmmmm!!!!!!! This morning while we were out shooting at the target 40 yds away, a road runner zipped by right behind the target twice. It was a KEWL moment!!

I'm not talking about my eating cuz it's BAD. Nuff said.

Pam, I was pretty desperate back then. (and Lucylike)

Rhonda, thank you for the heads up on the gas leak. I'll go check it out. My brother is looking to get a prosthetic. He's been doing some research. I'll let you know how things go for him.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, do you think that could be more nuclear related and they're trying to say "gas"?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #35  

Sandra, no, it's a gas well. But just think about what explosions in the area could bring. Better yet, don't think about it.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #36  

I am hungry. Not sure this diet is going to last much longer. On day 4 and today I'm feeling especially hungry. Not a whole lot to eat on this diet, guess that's why they call it the caveman diet. I might have to switch over to the SBD soon. I miss my beans and milk.

Sandra, your brother will be in my prayers that his surgery goes well. I don't know that I could accept it. Glad he has comes to terms with it.

this popped up on my fb.......... chocolate cake, with less calories.
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/hungr...chocolate-cake

Last edited by pam920; 09-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Pam, thank you for the recipe. I'm guessing the whole cake would be 61 P+. That's what most cake mixes are anyway.

I have a potato casserole in the oven and a Paula Deen Peach Cobbler cooling on the stove top. Both are for tonight's potluck at church. Needless to say, I will eat some of both.

Ah, well. Life goes on......
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #38  

i was glued to TV tonight with Dh and a good friend. We had very healthy snacks...more carrots and hummus for me. The indulgence was 2 glasses of wine.

I had a very good workout today, pushing the foot a little and doing well. I hope that lasts. We are expecting a cool front tomorrow, and do we ever need. it. I still have gardening to do and I want some cool temperatures.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #39  

checking in. Rhonda, I hope you don't over do it with your foot. It seems like it's taking forever to me, so I can only imagine how you feel. Yes, good TV tonight.

I went off diet. Didn't eat crazy or anything, but had cereal for dinner.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #40  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I know you're tired of taking it easy, but please don't overdo and have a setback. Wine sounds good.

Pam, Curtis and I overate the last 3 days but are dusted this morning. I just had a frozen banana. It was a good treat.

We're ready for the cooler temps, too. I watered the plants this morning and changed the hummingbird feeders. A couple buzzed me while I was changing the one in the back. I'm making lo chicken fajitas and potatoes for lunch. I'm off here to walk a loop.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #41  

Interesting day...The photo shoot for the house was at 12:30.
Last night a major storm came through, left pool dirty & driveway washed out & leaves everywhere..

I had Grandparent Reading Day this am so at 9 am I called my realtor and told her I didn't know how I could get the last minute things done. There were also pictures still to hang, windows to clean, things to move, & flowers needed ect.

She sent her husband (who is also my realtor) and in a few hours it transformed. When the photographer got here we were still sprucing each room as he took photos of it..Realtor was blowing leaves while I worked in the house with the photogragher.. I felt like it was a HGTV episode..

I had a old large framed picture in the attic I bought for a few dollars for the frame and the realtor saw it & liked it & used it downstairs..Never would have guessed that would have been used..

So after all that I took the day off..ate my favorite lunch & napped and started a new Nichols Sparks book..

Selling this place has such mixed emotions..relief & uncertainty
Closing a familiar chapter of life in order to open another unknown one...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Nancy
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm flying to go watch my Great Niece/Goddaughter's soccer game. She's 6 and I haven't been to one yet. I'm looking forward to it.

Light and love to all of you!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #44  

Nancy

We have a nice cool front...all the way down to 80F. Need to get outside and work. I'll be careful! This foot thing is boring. I should quit talking about it.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

We're home from a day out having good times with friends. Some more folks are due to arrive in a few minutes. I'm op but barely.