Old 07-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I've had a weird day. I guess the grieving process is unpredictable. I don't exactly feel sad; I just have not had a "happy" day. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to grief and keep an eye on how I feel. I have been OP today; not OP lite but OP! I started the five pound challenge at 139 not 134 like my ticker says. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to 134 and be five pounds lighter.

Sandra, if you are going to be coming from Ft. Campbell then you'll be coming right by my neighborhood. If you'd like to meet at an exit that is close by me, I'd love to come meet you in person. No pressure! If it does not work out then we'll do it another time. Just let me know. I hope you are having a fun and successful trip.

Rhonda, thanks for your well wishes for my DH. He is definitely going to have to work on staying prepared. Already today, he forgot the needles for his insulin that he takes before meals. I know it will be a process, so I'm really going to have to help him out for awhile. Good luck with your walking plan.

Hi Nancy, Ginger, Maryann, and Vickie! Where is Paula? TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

Sloan, it makes me sad to think of you grieving. But it's good that you can grieve. That's important to healing. I appreciate your being understanding about meeting. I'll let you know more later when I know more about what we're doing.

Tomorrow is official practice and equipment check. The excitement is building.

I'm OP by a hair, but I'm OP.

Talk to you tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Ginger, I stay with the original Core most of the time. I don't go to meetings. I also like low GI approaches to food, and I try to eat very few highly processed foods. I recently tried Nutrisystem to support my husband who was trying it. I do NOT like it because it is so processed and I'm off it now.

As Sandra says, we try to do what we think works for us and we support one another completely and unreservedly.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #19  

Hi Sloan and Sandra...looks like we're here at the same time...but, I'm off to bed now....you're gonna win the challenge, Sloan!

Last edited by Tejas; 07-20-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #20  

Sloan...
I am so hoping you make the 5 in the morning..If not it will just be
a day or so !!!!!

I got delayed with the vacation but I'm back on track now..
but just 1 pound down with the challenge..

I realized today that my appetite is the biggest at night so I did the protein/fiber shake tonight and it really helped.

We are going to visit relatives til Friday , so I may or may not have internet...
Take care...

I am so tired, I hope I can get a power nap tomorrow.

PS My tomatoes are coming in faster than we can eat them .
Some did better than others so I will post my favorites soon.

oh PSS..Robin got his arm cast off today..He finally got to swim!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #21  

My scales drive me nuts!!

I was 146.0 tonight so after I peed I decided to reweigh , thinking maybe I would be 145 .9 maybe.
I was 147 ??

I only count the morning weight but still ??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #22  
beachbum

Hi Gals

Hard to type this morning so I'm going to make this short. Just wanted to let you know why I haven't been posting.

Went to the doctors yesterday and told me the spur is not in the shoulder. So the pain has to be coming from the base of the neck area. I have to go for another MRI of the neck and a procedure for pins & needles in the left hand called AKG or something like that. If they find something in the neck the orthopedic surgeon will recommend me to a neurosurgeon to operate[microscopic] on my neck to clean out the spurs.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #23  

Mornin' chicks! My scale is the same Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Maryann, I am so sorry you are hurting. I hope the docs get to the bottom of your pain quickly!

Nancy, my scale drives me nuts, too!

Rhonda, how is the walking plan going?

GTG do chores. BBL
Old 07-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #24  

Scales are monsters!

Yes, I'm two days into my early morning walks: 2 miles with a good pace. I do it in about 40 minutes. Then I do one more mile in the evening with the dog. That's more like a stroll, but not too bad at 20 minutes.

Maryann, that's too bad about your neck/shoulder. But, they can do wonders so don't get too worried. My DH had back surgery and it was so simple.

BBL
Old 07-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I hope you get pain relief soon. You're probably in the worst part now. Once you find out what the problem is treatment should help quickly.

Rhonda, walking in Texas heat should melt the ounces quickly.

Sloan, the scales will cooperate soon--maybe tomorrow morning.

Nancy, it's hard to stay off the scales but even harder emotionally to deal with their fluctuations. Well, it is with me anyway. I'm trying to weigh just once a month. That's not too easy to do either. Don't know the answer. There's probably a secret solution somewhere.

Ginger, how was your day?

We had check in, equipment inspection, and official practice today. Now we're just cooling off. It was hot and humid. I thought Texas heat had me ready for this, but I was wrong. I guess it's because I am wearing more clothes here than I do at home when I'm shooting.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #26  

I love my trainer: he told me to go drink 2 cups of chocolate milk. He said "don't talk to me about losing weight, go drink chocolate milk now." He said that as I could not get control of my legs after a workout! I did what he said and it helped. I could come to like this.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #27  

Wow Rhonda, what do you mean by "could not get control"? Sounds scary, to me. I'm glad Todd is taking care of you. You need to listen to him !!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #28  

I guess I should have been more specific. When I finished the workout my legs were shaking and it took a few minutes for me to be able to walk without being wobbly. But, there was no damage, just a greater fatigue than usual. It passed. Now the muscle soreness begins to set in, just like it is supposed to do.

I'm doing some volunteer work this morning, and someone brought donuts! I ate two They were soooo good.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #29  

Rhonda, I'm glad you are okay. I'm sorry you ate the donuts if you are, but if you enjoyed them, congrats!!!! I can happily say that donuts give me raging heartburn, so I'm not usually tempted by them.

Hope you all are having a great night. My summer is slipping away from me. We are back at school on August 2nd. Soooooo, tonight is Margarita night again!!! I'm never gonna lose the last pound of the five pound challenge.

I've got to go get my next Margarita! Adios
Old 07-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #30  

Oh, if only I got heartburn with donuts! Anyway, it's done and I'm not kicking myself too much. But, the rest of the day was disordered in terms of eating.

I'm visiting and writing on the Exercise gym junkies board and they are recommending 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. I don't get that much so I need to fix that.

Sloan, enjoy that Margarita. I'm not even close to 5 pounds off. I'm still stuck at 178 almost no matter what I do. I didn't walk this morning because my shins were sore.

BBL