Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Core Chat for March 31 through April 6, 2008

Here's to a new week of happy chatting!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:08 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

I've got errands and appointments all day today and another eating challenge at lunch time. Sigh. Life is full of challenges, isn't it?

I woke up at 4:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. Menopause stinks! Anyhow.....I'll just be on time for sure for my 8:00 appointment and I should be able to get my walk in on the treadmill.

I'm going over to see what I missed on yesterday's thread.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
Thought I would get on here for a few this morn.
VICKIE hope you have a good day. And yes there seems like there is a challenge in eating everyday. Some days worse than others.
ONTARGET CONGRATS on the big win. That is awesome. Glad you had a good time.
TEJAS hope you have a great day.
FROUFY Hope you are doing ok.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
Just thought I would check in.
Will let you know how Weigh in goes today. But it wont be good.
Have a great day everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:14 AM   #4  

Morning ladies!!

Today I am back to work. Just wanted to check in and see how things are going.

On Target - Congrats on your win.
Vickie- Enjoy your day.
Coco- Isn't it great that this lifestyle change is ongoing. So remember one bad weigh in doesn't ruin it. Enjoy your day

I am looking forward to going home and walking on my . I have a few errands to run after work. Enjoy your day everyone. '

Last edited by Mercee; 03-31-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

No, Sandra, I didn't go buy a cake. I didn't even think about it because I was way too tired!!

Congratulations on your archery wins, and on Curtis's good shooting. We're really proud to know 'ya!

SO, Coco, I hope that wi wasn't too awful for you. I've done pretty well with eating today and I'm making turkey breast cooked in tomatoes, white kidney beans and spinach for supper. I made this one up and it's really good. I serve it with rice to DH, and I eat it plain.

It's raining, raining here.....it's NOT snow!!!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:01 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Thank you all for the kudos. I appreciate you so much. Today I went to the dentist. I was "gassed" and watching weather alerts on the tv while the dentist was working. I was soo relaxed. I didn't even panic when the weather man was talking about a tornado touching the ground at Godley and heading our way. Thankfully, no one was hurt and the tornado didn't come our way afterall.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I failed miserably at my lunchtime eating challenge yesterday but I kept the damage to one meal and drank a ton of water. I haven't exercised in two days now so today is a big day. I've a million errands to run so I'm off to the races.

Coco, getting on the treadmill just once will get you going day after day. You'll be surprised at how much it helps with the weight loss. How's your Hubby? He wasn't feeling too good the other day.

Mercee, I'm SO proud of you for the exercise. It's about not making excuses. I'm good at excuses but I'm trying to be better about it.

Sandra, well aren't you just something special! Congratulations on your outstanding archery wins. Your prizes sound wonderful. Is Curtis disappointed? Are you back on program?

Have a great day!

Last edited by Vickie; 04-01-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning All:

I see Vickie and I are up and thinking about food and exercise

We have more rain today, but at least that means it's warmer. I'm working from home much of today but will get out with the dog and, if it's not pouring rain, I'll take a power walk.

I feel quite motivated about eating the right foods. The trip to Israel, followed by Easter indulgences and a wedding have taken their toll, but I seem to be back in the swing of things.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:56 AM   #9  

Morning all!!
I was online taking care of some business so I decided to check in early.
Vickie-One meal doesn't mean you have failed. Just get back to it. Keep going and drinking water. Today is a new day so you will be fine. I hope you enjoy your day. We will succeed .

I am off to work now. I will check in later.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:57 AM   #10  

Hi Rhonda we were posting at the same time.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #11  

Good morning all. My girls are on Spring Break right now, but we're keeping busy. It was cute - yesterday when they were outside playing, they found sticks and went "fishing" in a big puddle we have. They found amazingly a lot, but alas, no fish.

Eating-wise, I am still off track, but I'm not going crazy. My allergies have just started with a vengeance. I am so uncomfortable! I am really hoping in the next few days that my OTC stuff will kick in.

I see outside that it's snowing. Sigh.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 10"

*****DOH! Just posted this to last weeks board!!

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Its been cold, dreary and miserable here. Where is spring? Sandra, can you send me some warmth and sun? I think I'd rather have it cold and sunny than in the low 40s, cloudy and rainy. We have yet to get into any real spring weather - but as it usually happens in New England, we'll go from winter to summer with a short stint of spring.

Food wise I've been trying - I have been writing things down and tracking my extra points. I've used 17 last week. I'm not sure how the scale will be today, but I am going as I skipped last week.

Vickie and Mercee - good job with the exercise! I attempted to go for a walk at work last week - actually did a good 1/2 hour (I used to do this reguarly when it was nice out). Well I did not wear a hat and ended up with a cold. I'm feeling better, but not 100% yet.

Well, got to run. I'll be back after wi
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:29 PM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Morning chickies - yes it is finally warming up here a bit - with some rain - which is not a good thing given the piles of snow everywhere - sounds like there might be lots of flooding in the outlying areas - everyone is buying up sand and burlap bags!

Sandra - thanks for the reminder for bone density test - which of course I did not ask for - back in 3 months for follow up so make sure I remember to ask for one okay???

Vickie - you are still doing great - I have yet to get on my treadmill (gee maybe I should clear it off first?)

Today we start a new/2nd 12 week program - strong women, strong bones so some of the exercise change (meaning they probably get harder?) so this will be interesting. We are also to complete our 'life survey' questionnaire - this is something we did at the beginning - rating satisfaction in different areas of our life - and not at the halfway mark (and I presume again at the end) we need to redo it to see how we're doing (hopefully better!)

Also have some sheets to work on on 'self talk' - so very interesting and true - we are supposed to 'identify' the types of self talk we are using in different situations (called cognitive distortions) and then review them to create a more rational positive response.

Example:

Situation: working hard to decrease meal portions. Ate larger portion when out for dinner with friends

Identify automatic negative thoughts: "I can't believe I ate so much at dinner. I'm never going to be able to stop overeating! All my hard work has been ruined. I should know better'

List cognitive distortions: a) all or nothing thinking b) catastrophizing or exaggerating c) jumping to conclusions d) Negative focus 3) living by fixed rules.

I know I can relate to all of the above and we have all had experience with this - we are trying to learn to undo some of this negative self talk.

To create a more rational/positive response: "I overate one time, and that does not mean I will overeat at every meal. I'm disappointed that I overate but I'm going to try to avoid that the next time we are out. I will add an extra 10 mins to my walk tonight and I will give more thought to what I order next time"

Now to put that into practice!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi all, lost 1 pd this week. I'm happy. Now if I can just keep it going!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone
Boy did I get a surprise at weigh in last night. Their scales said I LOST a pound. My scales said I gained 3.
But I am wondering if their scales were right. Because after I weighed in. And a couple of other people weighed in. They put those scales out of order. Do not use. So I asked. What is the matter said. They scales havent been working right. So now am wondering if I did lose or not. Guess maybe I should have asked to be weighed on one of the other set of scales.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH Congrats on the loss.
AGHIOWA that is so cute about your girls going fishing.
VICKIE how are you doing. You are doing wonderful with the eating and exercising. I am really proud of you. Now to get myself motivate to join you.
ONTARGET So glad the tornado didnt come your way. Hope the dentist appt went ok.
TEJAS Hope you had a great day. It is windy here.
FROUFY Thanks for the tips you gave. But they go along with some of the lessons we have been having at WW. I like the last tip on your list. Good luck with the second round of strong woman program.
MERCEE Well I got a surprise at weigh in. they said I lost. So have to be really good this week. So it dont catch up with me next. Hope you had a wonderful day.
Well I am going to get off here.
Just wanted to check in for a few.
Have a great evening everyone
Thinking of everyone
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote