Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

So far all the bad weather is north of I-20. We're supposed to get some thunder boomers around midnight. We're ready to hunker.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:44 AM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

So Hello Chickies! Here I am up in the wee hours of the night. I had steak two days in a row Wednesday for lunch and last night for dinner. I feel like a have a rock in my tummy. So here I sit while Honey Lamb sleeps peacefully.

We have been so busy that it's just crazy. I wish I could say that my eating is perfect but it isn't. I do enough exercise and eating well that I don't gain but I need to be losing in a big way. I really need to commit to this program or give it up. I have about 20 weeks of coupons left. If I don't start to succeed by then I really need to reconsider my continuing at WW. It's not just money, it's a lack of commitment to the program and to myself. It's disgusting that I don't just do it.

Ok....enough of my own Vickie bashing. I'm not looking for sympathy.....just stating the facts.

We did the Walmart thing on Tuesday with some babysitting in the afternoon. The Walmart SuperCenter was just awesome and I can't wait to go back there. Such terrific prices and it was so clean and the employees were so outstanding. I was too pooped to pop when we got home.

Wednesday we went out to lunch and to our favorite White Sox store to shop. I bought the cutest White Sox outfit for my Godchild. Her Daddy is a Cub fan but he doesn't mind when his brother and me and Jim dress his kids in White Sox outfits. He's actually a fan of both teams. We are the nuts who dislike the Cubs immensely! I can't wait to see her in it since it's way cuter than the usual.

Yesterday, we had the cleaning lady for 4 1/2 hours, a nap (since we were up at 5:30) and then out to dinner. The rest is history. I'm sure the nap and the steak are the culprits for my sleeplessness. The problem is that I am supposed to have WW and a million errands later today. Sigh.

I'm off now to read and catch up.

Last edited by Vickie; 04-04-2008 at 04:29 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow.....I really am behind. I guess I'm lucky the board has been SO slow.

Patti, Oh My God! I'm SO SO sorry to hear about DH losing his job. I can only imagine how scared and upset you are. I know you're an emotional eater like me. Try to keep hanging in there. I'm very proud that you are maintaining despite your horrible emotional upset. Keep up with your walking. It will help with your weight and with your stress level. I'll pray that you all find something wonderful for him to replace his former job. I hope the door that opens has a bright future for him.

Sandra, I was going to say that I was jealous of your weather earlier in the week but I'm not jealous of the thunder boomers. I love summer but the Spring storms usually scare me a bit. I hope you did ok last night with the storms.

Coco, I'm considering a recumbent bike but I heard that you have to really shop careful for them to make sure the seat is a perfect fit or that kind of nerve pinching thing can happen. I don't walk fast through the Walmart either but normally I'd be home in front of the computer or watching TV. So walking slowly through Walmart is better than that, right?! How's your Hubby feeling?

Hey Lytricia! It's always good to see old friends. Stop in whenever you can. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well.

Rhonda, I think it sounds like you get quite a bit of lifestyle exercise. Combining that with the belly dancing should make the weight fall off! We have the same kind of recycle bins here. They only pick them up every other week, so they get quite full. Jim makes full use of the wheels.

What's up with you, Angela? Have the girls caught any more good "fish"? How's the custard going? You should check out the Culver's website for some flavor ideas. I could eat there every day and be a happy, although not healthy, 300 pound girlie. My favorite is turtle dove; vanilla custard, dark chocolate chips, caramel swirl, pecans, and marshmallow cream. Can you say a week's worth of points?

Ok Chicks! It's 3:30 now and I'm going to go return some emails. I'll try to get back later.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #34  

Hi all! This has been a busy Spring Break week for the girls and I. We've been at the store a lot, and I think the kids are getting ready to mutiny if we spend one more minute there.

Vickie, that flavor sounds very good! The flavor of the week we are running now is a recipe I created: Triple Chocolate Caramel. It's a chocolate base mixed with chocolate fudge, frozen, and then variegated with a homemade caramel sauce and chocolate flakes. It's been pretty popular. The rest of the flavors for April are apple pie (wildly popular), vanilla bean, butter pecan, and cherry cheesecake.

Okay, this probably isn't the best thing to be posting here...I'll move on to something more appropriate.

It snowed here yesterday but it's not too serious about winter anymore. I can see Spring winning.

Well, time to get a move on. Lots to do today...

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #35  

Morning all!!

Angela - Enjoy your break with the kids. My kids break was last week.

Vickie- Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Wal-mart. I really like the Super ones also. I hope your tummy is better. I only eat beef about 2 times a year because it gives me great digestion problems. (I enjoy a nice piece of prime rib about twice a year). I think losing weight is harder in the winter months I hope with spring coming you will have more success. Hang in there.

Well I hope everyone has a great day. I had a bad eating day yesterday my schedule was hectic but I am back on track this morning. I only managed to exercise 3 times so far I hope to get in 2 more days. We will succeed at this.
My weight has been the same I hope to do some fine tuning to start losing again. I'll be happy when the weather is better so I can walk outside for a workout instead of the treadmill. I always lose more when I walk outside for some reason.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I have been thinking along the same lines as you. We're not bashing ourselves. We're trying to figure out what to do to be more successful. I think I am a "professional" dieter who never gets where she's going. I see "new" people join WW all the time and eat "the basics" with little or no frills. They seem to lose better than I do. I need to rethink what I'm doing and get more serious about losing.

Mercee, we're about to get more outside exercise. I agree with you that that's a big key to losing success.

Angela, sounds like your business is coming along. Do your girls have tshirts to advertise for you? Just wondering.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #37  

Hi Everyone
Well we didnt get all the rain like we were suppose too. Which is good.
Son got rained out from work. So he took us.
Went to Wal Mart. See they raised some of their prices on some things I get regularly. But guess prices are going up on everything.
And then I had to pay the phone bill. Stuff like that.
Then son took us to Bob Evans to eat. I like their grilled chicken there. But I need to look and make sure it is core. But the way I have been eating lately. Guess it dont really matter.
Do everyone have big plans for the weekend. We dont.
Need to get some cleaning done. So may work on that tomorrow. And do laundry. Seems like that is all I get done is laundry. I wonder where does all the dirty clothes come from for 3 people.
Need to go out and do some yard work. Pick up sticks and work on a couple of flower beds. Things like that. Suppose to be nice tomorrow. Maybe then. Not sure not really going to make too many plans. The guys like to change my plans.
Well I am going to get off here.
Go catch up on everyone. And catch up on some other e-mail.
Have a great evening everyone.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

We need to pick up sticks,too, Coco. We put up hummingbird feeders today and had one sipping within 5 minutes. Life is good.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #39  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone. Its been a bad week food wise. Three lunch meetings that came up this week. I didn't do too bad but failed to track since Wed. I'll start again today. The scale is up this morning, I need to drink a lot of water in the next few days.

I have a hair appt at 7am this morning. I'm already showered and dressed, just killing time before I have to go.

Angela, hope the store continues to go well. The apple pie flavor sounds yummy!!

Coco, we also have major cleaning to do in the yard. I just wish the weather would get better. Again, 40s and rain here.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I've got to get going. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #40  
focused and aiming

Paula, I'm proud of you for getting back on track. That's the key.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I only got a short nap yesterday so I was exhausted when I went to bed. I slept 10 hours last night. I don't feel caught up but I don't think you ever can. I do feel a million times better.

I have around the house things to get done today. What do you all have planned for the weekend? Jim just went to to the store to get the fixings we need for our Saturday night Core burgers and oven fries. We'll be watching TV later after I walk on the treadmill.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

WOW....I just saw that it is going to be 63˚ here today. Woo Hoo!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #43  

Heading out for supper at friends tonihgt...its nice here to Vickie but not that nice!! enjoy it!!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #44  

It's been beautiful here today! I even hung laundry out on the clothesline... I think April 5th is a new record for me.

Okay, serious question here gals. I get to give out free samples of our frozen custard at a Ladies' Night a local garden center is doing here next week. What 2 flavors would women like the most? My options are pretty limitless, so go wild.

Thanks in advance!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #45  

Height: 5' 10"

Angela, sounds like things are going well with the store. My flavor votes woudl be something fruity -- blueberry or strawberry. Then a chocolate creation! Can't not have chocolate.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote