Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Vickie, my eating's been the pits, but I 16 miles tonight. I even broke a sweat. Curtis is happy with his shooting. He is mainly an archery coach but shoots for fun.

Paula, congrats on losing that pound. You're doing so well.

I would send all of you some sunshine and warm weather if I could. It was 80ish here yesterday. Today it was a bit cooler but was nice. We may get rain tomorrow. So that's my weather report for north/central Texas.

Rhonda, I know what you mean about being off your regular schedule. We're looking for some normalcy now. (Whatever that is.)

Angela, your girls are so cute. They can have fun with anything. I love it.

Frouf, now you realize you're asking the senile chickie here to remind you to get that test. I'll go plug it into my calendar to remind me to remind you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

Frouf, I just posted a reminder to myself for the last of June. Will that be a good time to remind you?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #18  
focused and aiming

"The Wave" is for all of you who are doing so well with eating/exercising.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #19  

Hi everyone,
I miss you guys but I havnt felt like posting much these days...dh got laid off from his job ....its hard trying to keep him optimistic when you feel shattered inside...Im here hanging on. I peek in once in a while to see how your all doing. Weight is ok..not losing my not gaining either.
ttyl
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #20  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning my Chickie friends. I can't stay right now because I have early errands and appointments.

All I can say is that I walked for 20 minutes yesterday. I'd taken two days off and I could tell. Then we went to walk and shop through our new Walmart Supercenter. OMG!!! I was expecting the size of a Super Target but NO......!!!!!! We have a Walmart close but it doesn't have groceries.

I only made it through about a third of the store. I went up and down every aisle in the cleaning supply and grocery section and my little short legs were ready to fall off. Their prices are outstanding. I'm going to try to walk on the treadmill this morning, but I'm not sure I'll go far. They are still aching! I had fun though and cannot wait to go back. It's huge and new and very fun. It doesn't take much to please me does it?

I'll be back later to catch up with you all since I don't have time to read posts now.

Last edited by Vickie; 04-02-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #21  

Morning all!!

I am pretty busy at work and I just want to check in. All is going well and I hope all of you have a great day. I'll try to get back later.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Patti, I am so sorry about dh losing his job. I understand what you're both going through and my heart goes out to you. I hope he finds employment soon. I know the stress you are both under.

Vickie, my feet are sore today from yesterday. I am going to do some more today, though. I just don't know how much.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #23  

Hi Everyone
P.A. So sorry about your hubby losing his job. Is it the type of job that he can be called back to. Or will he have to find a new job altogether. Will keep you in my prayers.
VICKIE We have one of those super Wal Marts here. In fact we have 2 within 15 miles of each other. And the one is nicer than the other. And you sure can get alot of walking in at them. But guess not very fast. Having to stop and look at everything. Or at least I do.
ONTARGET Good job on the biking. My legs would be killing me. I have a recumbent exercise bike. But I cant ride it very much. After about 15 minutes. My legs and feet start going to sleep. Dr said it sounds like it is pinching a nerve. So dont ride it. Thinking of selling it. Get it out of the way. You will get back on the right track with the eating. I am having a hard time with that myself. Even though the scales at WW said I lost. I still think I gained. My scales still say I gained.
Well I am thinking of everyone.
Hope everyone has had a great day.
Going to go take a couple of motrin. Got a bad headache.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Coco, those scales will come down. I wonder why WW's scales were lower. Most of the time folks talk about them being the opposite. Oh,well, I think it's great that they were lower.

I also think it's great seeing so many newbies asking questions here lately. Good info being shared.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #25  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Hey I miss you guys

Hi Everyone

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been checking in from time to time to see how you all are doing.

Patti - Drag about DH losing his job. I know how hard it is when the rug gets pulled out from underneath you like that. A few years ago the government here made major cutbacks to hospital staff and I was working part-time and my job got cut. It wasn't that bad because we knew that although things would be tight we could still make ends meet...two weeks later my husband lost his job as manager of a small company due to downsizing. I will pray that you to land back on your feet.

I have stopped going to the ww meetings but have continued to try and stay on track. I have been running 4-5 days a week 5km for the last 4 weeks steady and yesterday I joined a gym and am looking forward to getting in on some classes. My weigh is around the 162 mark so I am down 11 pounds from my start weigh. So far so good!

This is it I know it...I will not be the fat chick on the beach again this summer!

I will check in when I can. Good Luck and STAY CORE!
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Lytricia. It's good to see you here. Sounds like you have definitely heard the click and are doing well.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi:

Not much to say here. I'm just working like mad.

Patti, I'm so sorry about your DH, but glad you checked in to say hello.

Lytricia, it's good to hear from you again, too.

Frouf, I'm really impressed with your exercising. I don't seem to do much more than walk about 40 minutes a day: to and from the subway, at home and work. I need to check when the next belly dancing series starts because I did enjoy that bit. But lately I've been getting home late and tired. How's that for excuses...?

Vickie, you're right: you're easy to please

Take care Coco, Sandra and Mercee.

I'm still working on losing those Easter two pounds. I think I made a little headway but I'll check the scales later.

Have a good night, all.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, sounds like you're one busy chickie. We have been busy, too. Today we bought a modular home. (One we can still shoot in as well as live in.)
Old 04-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #29  

Hi Everyone
Not much happening here.
Got some clothes in the dryer and some in the washer.
Waiting on son to come home to eat.
Listening to it rain. Guess we are going to be in a flood watch tomorrow.
Need to run some errends. So think I will go early. And maybe wont have to worry about the water getting up too high before I get back in.
I dont have to worry about my house getting flooded. But the road I live on. Gets flood. And then I cant get to my house.
Hope everyone has had a great day.
Thinking of everyone.
Got to go check on the clothes.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi All:

Quiet day here today.

Did anyone else watch the bears scratching their backs on trees? It was on MSN, and so cute. Of course, they were huge bears which could kill you in a second, but they were cute on the video.

Toronto has a huge recycling program and today we received our new bins. They are HUGE and there is no place to put them. It's really ugly. I'm sure that full it could weigh 100 pounds so I don't know how we're expected to move it around, even with its wheels. I'm a huge fan of recycling and composting, but even I'm wondering how the heck we're supposed to manage this.

I've just heard that there are tornado alerts in Texas...hope Sandra and Curtis are hunkered down or out of the area of the alert.

We've got more rain coming but I don't expect any floods here.

Talk to you tomorrow....have a good night!

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-03-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote