Fashionably Loud Chicks

You're on Page 8 of 10
Go to
  • Angie I don't think Chinese and cake would taste very good together. Wait, what am I thinking cake tastes good with every thing.

Actually the majority of the poeple that signed up at the beginin of the year are still coming. We are doing a promotion to get all of our members back. It is called back to the beach. We do a free body compostion and then recheck it at 4 weeks and 8 weeks. We are going to have a beachj party in our parking lot in April. (no bathing suits) The poepl who have improved the greatest we are giving awards to. It will be a competition against themselves. That way it will be a little bit more fair. It really has brought more members back in.
  • That is a neat idea Kempy. Have they done the beach party before?

Has anyone ever had a souffle? I am addicted to the food channel and they look so good. I looked up the ingredients and wow, butter,cream,eggs. YIKES!I guess there isn't much hope of making that low fat.
  • Melekalikimaka
    I've found Godiva's Belgian dark chocolate ice cream at our Walmart Supercenter, Kroger, Albertson's, and Apple Tree grocery stores.

You're bound to find it somewhere.
    It only comes in a 16oz. container.
  • Thanks Suzan, as luck would have it, out here in the boonies we have none of those stores. We have WalMart but no Supercenter...i guess it's all for the best though, because that ice cream is definitely something I would try. I love dark chocolate!

Angie there are some low-fat souffle recipes on the web...I've never made one but I know it can be done. Of course, fat is what makes them taste so good.
  • Last year we were still new to the area so we didn't have very many members. So yes this is the first time we have done this. You would be surprised what we have done to get memebrs back in here. We hate that poeple pay and never come. If they don't come they don't talk good about us. This is a kind of small town and poeple love to gossip so we really don't need any bad talk going around. We try really hard to make everyone happy.
  • My goodness. You'd think I went on vacation, with all the chatter. Some days you girls are MIA, and others, like today it's yap yap yap. Ha Ha. I love it. Lvoed that WashU is around still.

Can i just say, I love dark chocolate, but if I purchase that ice cream, I'd sit down, and end up licking the bottom of the box in no time. Bad Girl! I'm fantacising about chocolate, but afraid to ask hubby to get me some, since the whim and pure joy would last a second, and the results of the ENTIRE BOX would last a lifetime.

Still hanging on my goal weight. Went ot aerobics, had a sub, and she did the routines weird. Wished i"d been there MOnday, but had to work. Turns out, everyone else knew how weird she was, and me and cousin were laughed at for not "getting" the new routine ways. Whatever. I moved my body, I breathed, I left. Needless to say, we're the cutest ones and youngest ones there. So sit on it LADY!!!! Okay, regain composure.

Today i'm feeling like a woman. Crampy, bloated, EXHAUSTED to no end. Too tired to brave the wind and cold weather, for hte exercise I'm sure i need. I don't htin it's good for me to force it, since i'm miserable. I"ll get to it tomorrow, maybe. Ugh. Hi girls.. sorry i don't spend much time here... I read the posts,a nd I see we've got a great group here, with great chatter through the day. Keep it up, that's how you makes friends, that's how you get healthy.
  • HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Okay girls, I gotta be quick because I'm on my way out the door to work, but I'm so addicted to the posts....Anyway, yesterday Im sitting at my desk at work and the flower truck shows up, I think must be for someone in the building how nice, then to my suprise the lady comes in my office with this wonderful bouqet of flowers for ME!!!! I thanked her, she left and I ripped the card opened and my dear hubby (not usually a big romantic) had sent me these and wrote on the card himself this little thing.

I love less of you everyday, keep up the good work. Love Hubby.

He really is proud of me that I am working to loose this weight, although he says he loves me anyway I am, says he did not marry me for my size!! What a man!! Okay that said and done, please don't remind me of this when in a week I come in *****ing and moaning about him....lol...

On to more of yesterday, I come home do my weigh in and I've lost 3 more lbs....YAHOO for me, that 12 in 3 weeks. So today is the start of week 4 and I'm still going strong. And I did exercise yesterday, thats 5 days in a row for me and I hate exercise....

Then I go to my other addiction (bingo) lastnight and I win, for a change, $250.00...........my day just kept getting better and better. I love occasionaly having those feel good, everything goes right kinda days. They are so far and few in between.

Well off to work, I will check in again later, and I am going shopping after work today and gonna look for some of this Blue Bunny stuff. Wondering if the grocery store in a few towns away has it? Our local Shop and Save does not cater to the people trying to loose weight, so Im off to another store Shaws to check them out.

Tata for now....
  • Our Shop n Save doesn't either. I even asked if they would buy the reduced fat graham cracker crusts. They said oh sure we'll order them. I have yet to see them. Does anyone know if they still make the sweet rewards low fat cake mixes and frostings. Those are so good but I can't find them up here. maybe I'll have to go to Shaws in Bangor tomorrow.

Sandy, Your hubby sounds like a total sweetheart! That was so nice and loving. It is so great when they tell us that it doesn't matter if we are big or not. Jay is the same way.

Your day was totally awesome yesterday. Money,flowers and icing on the cake...MORE WEIGHTLOSS!!! YEAH! I know you are going to do this and we will all be here to help.
  • HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!
    Here are some gifts from me!!!

Fat and Calorie free! I gave you the sweets now go get your lovin from hubbies!!!
  • Today is the big Valentine's Day!

I am so ready for tonight. I am going to pick up Joe from the airport and I can hardley sit still. That is going to be the best Valentine gift ever. This week seems to be the worst week apart ever. I am used to him going out of town but I couldn't take it this time. He would e-mail me a little note every morning so that was fun. He never did that before.

Sandy you had a great day. I really love what your hubby wrote. That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. Isn't it great when you have a man that loves you no matter what.

I hope you guys are all having a great day so far. I check back in later.
  • Happy Kisses an Hugs Day Ladies!!! If you don't have a partner.. I'm sending you BIG HUGS!!!!!!

Today has been blah for me, although we have excitement around the corner, with the giant snow storm heading our way tonight. Just got back from a walk with the dog. the weather's nicer now, thanks to NO WIND, finally. So, I took advntage of the melty snow streets,a nd enjoyed a nice walk. I'm feeling sluggish today, cuz of TOM. That stinks today, if ya know what i'm gettin' at.

We've got reservations for Lone Star Steakhouse for dinner. I haven't had a steak dinner in forever... especially at Lone Star, I love that place. I used to go there all the time in college, it has that Southern charm that I like. We're going to Delaware, since it's tax free. There's a huge sale at Kohl's, and what's the harm in getting some clothes that actually fit, huh? So, we'll look at the clearance racks, since grandma says the deals are great right now. We'll walk through the Kohl's store, and then dinner,a nd come home, and watch a DVD from the library. Snuggle up, stay warm, and wait for the snow storm to hit us.

Hope you're all happy and warm where you are.
  • Quick check in.....

Big Hugs to my girls Happy V-day!

Peekaboo - he is a sweetheart!! and what a day on top of it! Lucky girl.

Ok, so I didn't exercise yesterday. I felt kinda yucky and used that as an excuse all day.... Bad Me! Today I will. It is the start of a new week for me (WI on Fridays), and because I only lost 1lb this week.... Actually, I think that what has inspired me, besides Angie still, is that I measured myself today (once a month) and have lost 3.75 inches overall. It could have been 4", but my arms grew... So I need to do more! I need to keep shrinking! MAybe see a full 4" next month.

So anyhow, ya'll have a great day gettin' yo groove on.

laters
    -W-
    190/177/150
  • Here is what I made the kids for Valentines Day
    I made this for the kids today. They love it when i make them something special. I also did this with a brownie for my sweet dear hubby. PS: I had a couple of bites of both! I am so bad.
  • CONGRATULATIONS Miss Washu!!!! You are doing awesome!! The measuring is a nice boost isn't it? I did it last time I lost my weight. I haven't done it this time, I don't really know why.

YEAH MISSWASHU!!!!!!!
  • Oh Angie, you're killing me here! I'm printing a picture of this page with those yummy chocolate hearts...so i can drool over them calorie free. That is so sweet.

Peekaboo all good things are coming your way because you deserve it...you're exuding happiness and it's just coming back to ya. Enjoy! That hubby sure is a sweetie.

Go Washu, go Washu...a pound is a pound and those inches lost are great! Which reminds me I need to go and measure. I think I only lost my bust and let me tell ya, there wasn't much there to begin with!

Kempy have fun w/Joe and let me know how you do on dessert.

Chris, read your journal and YES why can't the feeling of Valentine's day be everyday? Must everything be commercialized? It's nice getting flowers although I always feel sorry for them when they're hanging on to the last vestiges of life...I feel guilty when I have to throw them out. That extra lovin' is sure good though.

Well ladies, may you all enjoy the day for what it is. Angie, Kempy, Chris, Sandi, Anita and Suzan...I am honored to have you met you and wish you a happy valentines day. PUT THE CHOCOLATES DOWN! (That was for me ) If I missed anyone, sooooo sorry, I'm gettin' senile. Gotta run, check back later.