May!

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • There is a crossfit gym next to where I got my emissions test yesterday... I almost walked in for info, but just can't commit to it right now. Sadness...
  • Speaking of Crossfit, there is actually another Crossfit gym in the area but it is actually more of a kettlebell gym. I love kettlebells but I have those at home I looked and they say the price is cheaper (about $120). The hours aren't that great though. They also have a free intro class this Saturday! Except we are dropping the dogs and cats off on Saturday (early as we have a 6am flight the next day).

I'm wondering if I can send my husband off to his parents to drop the cats off
  • Hmmm... The CF near me is $100 unlimited per month, classes M-F at 4,5,6, & 7, Sa 10,11.
    Hmmm...
  • shannon - you could always just go talk to them
  • I luv playing on the rings! I feel about 8 years old again.

I've discovered one of the benefits of my new schedule: there is NO time to snack. I've lost about 5 pounds without really doing anything different (and less cardio!). I'm hardly ever home and only eat the food I pack.

Nelie- Where are you off to?
  • Mel - We are going to Belize.
  • Hi My goodness, 2 weeks away and I can't begin to keep up with all of you!! I had a great trip. DIdn't gain - or lose! - but I also didn't exercise as much as I do at home. TIme to get back to my food, my gym, and ahhhh - my bed!!

I'll be back tomorrow.
  • Nelie- Now I remember that trip! It sounded so fascinating that I was looking at it also. Have a GREAT time if I don't "see" you back on the boards. And take LOTS of pictures! I still love to look at your Antarctica pictures.

My legs and butt are so sore from yesterday's torturous WOD. It was a partner WOD: one person rows while the other runs 400 meters, then switch. For 20 minutes. That doesn't sound very long, but it felt like an hour! I'm a slow runner....my poor partner was a good sport about it. We actually did really well (scre was based on total calories on rower) because she rowed longer than I did dueto my turtle-esque running Not sure she was !

Welcome back, Pat!
  • Just popping in to say Hello!

Nelie, I wish you a wonderful and safe trip to Belize. How exciting!

I'm enjoying the discussion about crossfit. I'm a long way away from being able to participate in something like that, but I'll get there someday!

Have a wonderful weekend All!
  • Have a wonderful time Nelie! Can't wait to see the pics!

Pat: Isn't wonderful to come home from a trip and not see any fallout on the scale or in the clothes. During my trip to Puerto Rico I was certain to see an increase, nah. The change of food and activity actually resulted in a loss which I've maintained. Wierd. Nice to fall into a familiar bed after traveling too. I agree.

Hey Mel.

Just popping in to check on everyone. Decent workout today. DS had a playdate after kindergarten. (Still frustrates me that he is in school for only two hours a day and my workouts this year have had to short changed...) Anyway, today I was able to get in a very satisfying workout. Such a great release.

I also picked up Starting Strength from the library today. After skimming through the book and reading paragraphs randomly I've decided I really need to own this book. Too much good stuff in there for me not to have right on hand to refer to.

And speaking of books, I saw this one at Barnes and Noble today. Have any of you read this, Die Fat or Get Tough.

http://www.amazon.com/Die-Fat-Get-To...876850&sr=1-15

Any thoughts about it. I wanted to browse through it but it was sealed in plastic at the store. Guess I will need to buy it. The library doesn't have it either.

Back to the workouts...with great envy I watched a young gent complete kipping pullups this morning. I can the standard pullups, about six to eight unassisted but if I could do kipping pullups I would rule the world...I'm pretty sure this was something Cheryl could do too or was working on...I'll go check videos and see what I can learn. I know...CrossFit is the answer. Right? I humored myself by saying my were just as good...slow deliberate, time under tension...but seriously, to be able to do both would be nice.

Shannon: There is a really great yoga podcast called Move and Sweat. I'm not into labels with yoga and nope I certainly would not replace it with my HIIT for the week but...nice warm up to a workout.

http://www.yogajournal.com/video/123

I'm going to give it a try to see how it transfers onto the mat for "me". Sometimes its hard to do a podcast with just audio unless it's been practiced a few times.

Enjoy the evening everyone. :
  • Shannon,

• It is your birthday Shannon?! Happy Birthday, I say that is a reason to join Crossfit
  • JOIN! JOIN! JOIN! JOIN! JOIN!

oh. and. Happy Birthday.
  • Happy Birthday Shannon!! Have a great day!!!
  • Oh Shannon - have a Very Happy Birthday!