TBL "FS4" - Blue Team Chat

You're on Page 11 of 61
Go to
  • Good morning, Everyone! Hope you are having a beautiful and great on-plan weekend. The weather here is absolutely beautiful....in the 70s, no humidity and sunshine...I'm loving it!

I've managed to stay on-plan this weekend. Looking forward to getting on the scales tomorrow morning.!

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.

PS. Regarding challenges....I'm having problems with exercise...how about a challenge for total exercise minutes for the week?
  • Wow!!! You all are doing great!! Looks like this competition is helping us for sure!!!

I'm down 1.5 lbs more! Yay! 227.0 this a.m. Changing my avatar chick to 50!! Goody!

I made myself jog, walk, march, etc. for over an hour last night late because my day was all spent standing or sitting holding babies, feeding, changing, all of which involves almost no walking. But I'm determined like you wouldn't believe. That is my drive for this, to stay so determined that nothing, and I mean NOTHING will stop me. I'm so tired of knowing what to do to lose and knowing I can do it, but letting other people and other responsibilites get in the way. So my last hurdle really is just carving out the time to do what needs to be done to meet my ultimate goal. 177. If I want to go lower then I will. But 100 lbs off will be like a breath of crisp, fresh air after breathing in stagnant, hot air for so many years. I'll be extremely happy to stay at 177 for a while.

Enthusiasm releases the drive to carry you over obstacles and adds significance to all that you do. It tones up your physical vitality and gives warmth to all your personal relationships. When you associate with enthusiasm long enough, it grabs you and takes over within you.
    — Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

I wanted to share some things that I do that help me lose. (I actually do these and they help me alot, they aren't something I just read about before.) Not that I'm any kind of expert but I have kept off at least 37 lbs for the last 3 years and I'm a member of the National Weight Loss Registry. I want to drop the rest very badly and these things I do help! Maybe they can help you!

*I go to eat about once a week, max. I will go anywhere my family wants to go, even my faves and buffets. My trick is that I bring a magazine or book that I really like. Once I'm done (after choosing foods I like alot but aren't fried or creamy and get very satisfied), then I sit back and enjoy my book. If it's not a buffet and I order a reg. size dish, I ask for my to-go carton then. I put in half and eat my half. If I'm still hungry tho, I will get some back out. That's rare tho, they put tons in there. When I'm done, I push away all the bread baskets or chips and sit back with my tea with sweet and low in it and sip and read. Works every time. Then when I get home I look up what I ate online and write down the cals and fat. I keep a running list so I can refer to it next time and over time will have all the things I like on that sheet. (I also don't eat out for the last meal of the day when at all possible. If I go over that morning or afternoon, I can eat less that nite and adjust it.)

*I wrote an article 2 Christmas's ago and it was published on About.com. (Bet you can tell I like to write with all that I do on here! Are you all tired of my long ones yet?? Sorry about that. ) If you want a link to it, just let me know.. Anyway, I told in there about how I have to add up my minutes/steps in spurts all day because the kids keep me so busy. I jog as fast as I can while I wait for the microwave to finish, or the sink to finish filling or the buzzer on the oven that will ring in two minutes so what's the use in walking away..?? I just jog in place. I walk around when I'm on the phone or waiting for something. It really, really adds up. And the next time you think you don't have time for exercise (besides a few of you), just think of that hour long show u just watched. March slowly in place the whole time or half the time. That is a start. B4 you know it, you'll be jogging on the treadmill while 2 shows are on. There's your exercise for the day. My treadmill is where I can watch TV. Now, when I watch it I make sure to do at least the first 10 minutes of each show moving. And alot of times I'm on it the whole time. It took me a while to work up to that. I just added 5 minutes a day til I got used to longer.

Ok, well wanted to say more but those two took all my space up. LOL. Not surprised. My friend's husband calls me Talkelina. LOL!!! Too funny. Ok, well. One is asleep and the other two are in here playing on the floor by my feet. Very sweet. And altho I get annoyed sometimes by all the work having so many requires, I know one day they'll be out in the world all grown and I'll be wishing every day that they were back here home with me.
  • Quote: PS. Regarding challenges....I'm having problems with exercise...how about a challenge for total exercise minutes for the week?
    I think that is a GREAT idea! I am having issues too, so I'll start a thread!
  • I would be in for an exercise challenge.
  • Looks like a lentils and greens week for me. Had a 40th b-day surprise party for DH. I had made mostly healthy choices, but some other things got snuck in, and I indulged.

Fortunately, it looks like I will make it to the gym every night but Tuesday, so I can undo the damage and keep OP this week. My total cals for the day did not exceed 2000, which is pretty good considering what I ate. (And I DID make my 30 g fiber goal!)
  • Evening all! Just checking in for the night. I will be weighing in tomorrow morning early (I'm hoping the scale is nice to me). I have to say I didn't have a great eating/exercise weekend. Saturday was spent running around - getting car inspected, traveling all over Northern Virginia running errands with the BF, and no exercise to speak off. I think I ate ok, but I'm not really sure because we ate out for lunch. I had a ham and swiss sw so I don't think that is too bad, but I think I went over my points by about 4. Not so happy about that, but I won't let it keep me down.

Today was totally a waste food and exercise wise. It was my BF's birthday so we went to the Renaissance Festival in Maryland. We did walk around a bit so that was some exercise, but not what I really count as my exercise for the day because I didn't break a sweat. I had a German bratwurst, some cashews, and ice cream on a stick - not great eating. For dinner we went to Cheesecake factory where I had a little bit of pasta with chicken, plus split a piece of cheesecake with my BF since it was his birthday. I know birthdays are no excuse for getting off plan, but I think this weekend a culmination of a few bad weeks of not being totally on track. When I started WW in April my BF and I managed to stay OP for several months, but the past few weeks I haven't been feeling so OP although I have been managing mostly to stay within my points and get at least 3 days of exercise in. I think tomorrow I will re-commit myself to this diet and get a little more serious about it. I'm hoping I can add a lose to the team for tomorrow.

Well, off to put some dishes away and get some things done before bed. I hope we do well with our weight-loss tomorrow! Go Blue!

PS - I would love to participate in an exercise challenge - exercise is something I struggle with a bit, and a challenge would help me work harder! Let me know what we need to do!
  • Ok, I only lost a pound, sorry teammates! BUT, 197.5 - I haven't seen that number since the turn of the century! :-)
    Let's hope I see something more like 194 next week!
    Kim
  • Hello Chickies! Heres the exercise challenge thread. Please do participate!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122939
  • Had an awesome OP aaaaand exercise weekend! Very unusual for me. Skipped the Beer & Football connection to boot!

Got time to see TBL tonight - never had really heard of (casualty of night shift work - miss a LOT of shows) - anyhoo - REALLY enjoyed and inspired by.

Was Jillian a trainer in the past - or the host?

Tx for the tips soontobfchick!
  • Quote: Was Jillian a trainer in the past - or the host?
    Hi Aud, Jillian was a trainer.

Good morning, Everyone! Are we ready to kick some Red butt?!

I had a great on-plan weekend and am happy to report a two pound loss. My goal is to bump up the exercise this week and go for a big loss next week, so I'll be joining that exercise challenge.

Tonight, Discovery Health begins the series, The Truth About Health with Dr. Oz and Dr. Greene. They will also be on Oprah today. Here is the lineup for Discovery Health.

09/17 - How To Be Healthy 8pm
    09/17 - How To Be Sexy 9pm
    09/18 - How To Feed Your Kids 8pm
    09/18 - How To Be Slim 9pm
    09/19 - How To Be Young And Beautiful 8pm
    09/19 - How To Be The Best 9pm

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
  • Good morning ladies! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good exercise wise and okay eating wise ! Friday we went to my MIL's for dinner and I did okay there...she did make homemade cookies and we had some ice cream with it, but I didn't go overboard! Saturday we did order pizza, but again I didn't go overboard with it! I exercised Friday and Sunday and opted to take Saturday off. It was such a beautiful weekend here! Yesterday was spent just relaxing outside reading my book! I did manage to loss 2lbs this week, so I'm really happy with that! I am going to be starting my period very soon and this is always the time that my eating goes insane! That is going to be one of my main goals this week...not giving in to the temptation...knowing it's just PMS cravings! Today is going to be spent getting my laundry done and picking up the house...after the weekend of relaxing it needs it! This afternoon I am going to sit out on my patio and read my book while the kids are in school...that is going to be my reward for getting all my housework done and getting to the gym this afternoon! That is about it for me....Have a great day ladies and let's start this week out strong!
  • Morning Ladies!
    Don't Forget : Today is the final weigh in day for Week 1! Deadline is at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time Tonight!

Gotta run to the post office.... I'll be right back!
  • Wow! 6.2 lbs down for my first weigh-in.

Guess staying OP and stepping up the exercise really paid off. To be fair I lose most of my weight in one week per month and this weigh-in just happened to hit at the right time of my cycle. So now I really need to step it up to do well in the weeks ahead. Thanks Blue Team for the exercise challenge.

Today I'm going on my 9th OP day and off to a good start. Up early and 60 minutes of exercise in already. I may try to get some more in tonight just to be safe for my weeks challenge goal.

Chellez - We use to live close to Dumbarton Elementary School too. In fact my two oldest went there for a year. We still live pretty close in the Glen Allen area. I'm planning on coming your way this Friday for HomeSchoolers Day in Williamsburg. I'm going to make another trip to Trader Joes and hopefully stay away from the Jamestown Pie Company .

Selina - You are my hero! What a great mom you are!! I know how hard it is to make time for yourself. Thanks for all the great tips and keep them coming.

Rhonda- I wish I had Discovery Channel since I am on the good Dr's plan. Let me know if he has any good tips. I will be taping Oprah today.

Here's hoping for a Blue Team Win today and lets all pull together for another great week. (Group Hug)

• Good morning!

I am weighing in this morning and I am not sure where the scale will be at all. I am really looking forward to getting out of the 300's, even if it's just down to 299! We shall see!

I procrastinated all weekend and didn't do the homework I needed to do. I did a few things for myself that made me feel better (got a leg wax, the first in 8 years and a massage, the first in months!) and that's good.

I am anxious about catching up on work and I am vowing to do my best to not eat due to anxiety!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Ok... Now that I got the mail out of the way!

I feel like such a bum today! I think it's because I went through a nice long do nothing day yesterday so it's kind of bleeding over into today too. I was bad yesterday and ate dominios! Shame on me! Don't worry.... my stomach is making me pay for it today!

I had cornmeal pancakes and applesauce this morning, so I'm off on the right foot today, other than the fact I didn't have time to make my lunch and I forgot my water at home in the sink. Looks like I'm heading home for lunch today! The kitties will be so happy to see me!

Thanks for starting the exercise challenge. I'm working up a miles challenge so we can compete against the Red Team for that one. So after the 23rd we won't need another exercise challenge posted cause we will have one.

How's everyone doing with their water intake? Getting your 8 glasses a day? I'm working on a challenge for that too!

I wish I felt like doing personals but I need to get working on this baby blanket... my nephew could be here any week now!

TTYL

PS: We are only waiting on 7 people to weigh in and it looks like we have already lost more than 50 lbs this week!