Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-06-2024, 05:29 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm going to stop eating junk food and drinking diet pop as of today. Gave myself 2 weeks indulging in mostly chips and diet cola and I'm really feeling the results. They are not good.

I'm far enough along in the moving stuff that I'm no longer totally stressed by it. Time to get my body back into a healthier state.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 08:00 AM   #332  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I'm going to stop eating junk food and drinking diet pop as of today. Gave myself 2 weeks indulging in mostly chips and diet cola and I'm really feeling the results. They are not good.

I'm far enough along in the moving stuff that I'm no longer totally stressed by it. Time to get my body back into a healthier state.

Dagmar
Wishful thinking, though I have given up the big daily bottle of diet cola for a small bottle of cola made in Mexico. It has calories - 140 per bottle - and some sugar but is not nearly as lethal as the aspartame-laced diet stuff. I don't constantly crave sugar after drinking the Mexican stuff. I am eating cheese and crackers with the cola - better than the chips I keep telling myself.

Much healthier foods will come after the move and when I have a proper kitchen set up again. Aiming for mid-June as our stuff moves to North Bay on June 10.

Dagmar
Old 05-16-2024, 09:13 AM   #333  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Neat that you have a firm date for your stuff moving, Dagmar.

I'm aware that the Mexican bottled Coke contains sugar instead of aspartame and whatever. Seems odd that for the whole continent of North America we have to depend on Mexico to act sanely.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 05:50 AM   #334  

Last week as a Torontonian. I haven't even begun to come to grips with my life here ending - been too busy with the moving mechanics - but I find I don't automatically default to the binge eating any more. Also had my first meal since last Monday not from a restaurant, I will eat cleanly for this week and then am back to mostly convenience foods until I get my kitchen stuff and get the kitchen sorted out. Probably about 2 weeks of that.

The rest of the summer will be spent eating mostly proteins and salads, with fruit and yogurt as dessert.

Dagmar
Old 05-27-2024, 06:24 AM   #335  
Super Moderator

Sympathy for your loss of a city you've lived in for so long, Dagmar.

I do admire that your focus is so clearly on your your next journey.
Old 05-27-2024, 08:08 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar, Glad to hear your move is organized and happening soon. Is Holly the only animal you are moving, or do you have cats also?

My weight has been stable at 5 pounds over where I'd like it. I'm not sure what I want to change. I know I eat too many chocolate covered almonds, but mainly I need to revisit my plan to eat later in the day but not too late. And maybe increase my resistance training, which has declined since my online trainer retired. Otherwise my year is going pretty well.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 06:27 AM   #337  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
Dagmar, Glad to hear your move is organized and happening soon. Is Holly the only animal you are moving, or do you have cats also?

My weight has been stable at 5 pounds over where I'd like it. I'm not sure what I want to change. I know I eat too many chocolate covered almonds, but mainly I need to revisit my plan to eat later in the day but not too late. And maybe increase my resistance training, which has declined since my online trainer retired. Otherwise my year is going pretty well.
Glad your year is going well overall Alice. Holly will be accompanied on the move by our cat Natalie.

Dagmar
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM   #338  

Starting to get a bit of a kitchen happening. I am buying fresh salads,whole wheat rolls, fruit, and BBQ chickens for us to eat. Monotonous but fairly healthy.

Dagmar
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM   #339  
Super Moderator

Happy new home, Dagmar - presuming that you're posting from your new place. Apparently with Internet all connected as well as a working kitchen.

A little monotony with foods is OK for a spell. At least it's better than the folks in camps waiting for wars to end.
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #340  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Happy new home, Dagmar - presuming that you're posting from your new place. Apparently with Internet all connected as well as a working kitchen.

A little monotony with foods is OK for a spell. At least it's better than the folks in camps waiting for wars to end.
The internet was the first thing DH had to get up and running since he is working remotely from North Bay. He also went to Walmart and bought some cheap very basic kitchen items. Good man!

Dagmar