Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-10-2024, 05:59 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Dagmar, congratulations on your retirement!!
Thanks! Hoping to do some fun things after all the relocation chaos ends.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 07:06 AM   #317  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default It may be later than you think!

Happy Daylight Saving Day to all.

(Unless you live in Arizona or Hawaii where it's just not done.)

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 03-10-2024 at 07:13 AM.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 05:15 AM   #318  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Happy Daylight Saving Day to all.

(Unless you live in Arizona or Hawaii where it's just not done.)
The "spring forward" is a happy time for me. I finally feel like I no longer have jet lag. Woke up at 3:30 Sunday morning, rather than 2:30. And had dinner at 6 p.m. and it felt OK.

Dagmar
Old 03-18-2024, 06:28 AM   #319  

I think I'm experiencing a slowdown in my metabolic rate, probably age-related. It's supposed to drop about 1% per year after age 60. I am going to start cutting calories after we finish the staging and sale of the house and are back in our own home where I can monitor food portions and cook from scratch. I've been trying to do that in a half-hearted way the past couple of weeks but nothing is happening. I'm less active too since I'm down to 2 dog walks per day. They are much longer than the ones I was doing but at a lower intensity.

Lots of tweaking going to happen In April and May.

Dagmar
Old 03-26-2024, 05:34 AM   #320  

Moving out for the house staging today. Hopefully not more than 2 weeks from staging to sale to moving back in. Cat
is coming with us, dog is going to boarding. Dog's tummy is already growling and gurgling. SIGH.

Dagmar
Old 04-03-2024, 05:41 AM   #321  

I seem to be packing on the weight. Don't have a scale at the air bnb but my body looks swollen and my pants are getting tighter and tighter. I'm not eating that much but it's mostly frozen/microwave food. Hoping some of this is just salt/NSAIDS bloat.

Offers are Monday and then we can move back into what was our house. Still haven't found another house to buy. Hubby is refusing to drive up north so I'm going to have to embark on a 6+ hour 2 transfer bus journey. Never done it and I hope I don't miss any of the connections. Being stranded in the middle of nowhere beside a highway is not my idea of fun.

Dagmar
Old 04-03-2024, 06:05 AM   #322  
Super Moderator

Good luck on your house search journey. It takes courage to let folks look over your current house while you're away. May you have a bidding war.
Old 04-06-2024, 12:12 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar, it sounds like a stressful time for you. I assume you're going north to find a new house? I hope everything goes well and you find something good. How long will you be gone?

It took me a solid week to get with the Daylight Savings program. I'm still not sure why we do it. We are having some nice spring weather here. The rain has cancelled my hiking plans a couple of times, but at least we aren't under flood watch like a year ago.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:30 AM   #324  

New house bought, old house sold, all GOOD! I look like I've been on a drug bender or something - about 3 hours sleep per night for the last month or so - but I'm starting to really feel like I've pulled off the biggest part of a huge project.

Looking forward to having my kitchen up and running by the weekend and cooking some healthier food. We have tried to do a lot of protein and salad stuff but it's been challenging.

Time for the spring weight loss to start!

Dagmar
Old 04-09-2024, 06:42 PM   #325  
Super Moderator

Super Congrats, Dagmar, for setting a world record for finding a new house, buying a new house, and selling the old house. You would make a fortune as a realtor!

May the next steps move along smoothly.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:46 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Fantastic news, Dagmar! Congrats!!

I hiked on Eclipse Day. We only got about 40% coverage here, but we monitored the eclipse progress using the pinhole in a paper method. Every time we passed a smooth flat rock, we looked at the pinhole shadow. Definitely could see the crescent shape of the moon moving around the sun!
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:50 AM   #327  

With everything going on I still managed to buy eclipse glasses for DH and myself at the last minute. I got a 2-3 minute good look when the moon had obscured about 1/3 of the sun. Then the cloud cover rolled in and Holly and I did our walk in increasing darkness. Kinda strange but really cool at the same time. Holly was completely unfazed, as always.

Dagmar
Old 04-16-2024, 05:41 AM   #328  

Confusion reigns. Our stuff is coming back from storage today so I can start booking appointments for movers to give us estimates. DH has thinned out his stuff a little bit but we are still overwhelmed by a sea of stuff. I have gotten rid of about 30% of my things and am looking for more to chuck out.

At least DH already has picked out a storage shed for the new place.

Dagmar
Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM   #329  

I am having a planned "junk food" weekend. Just to deal with all the accumulated stress surrounding the move.

I can't binge eat the way I used to do. And I don't really want to do it. I think part of the reluctance is due to my no longer drinking any alcohol . Been 2 years that I'm completely sober. I'm quite proud that I no longer even have the desire, even in the middle of the most stressful prolonged thing I have ever done.

I have to be at the top of my game (whatever that is ) for all of May and June. I'm going to be fatter but very focused.

Dagmar
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM   #330  
Super Moderator

Sending soothing thoughts for the stress of May and June, Dagmar. Moving is like a speed review of one's entire life. And a speed decision about the future. Congrats for getting where you want to be with alcohol.

Alice, we too, enjoyed our partial eclipse with pinholes, multi-holed colanders, and eclipse glasses. Missed the holistic experience of a total eclipse, but did get to re-affirm that the sun, moon, and Earth move as we've been taught to believe.