PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-26-2004, 10:57 AM   #136  
Rattie Lover

Red face More Plentiful...

When you make use of your strength, it does not get used up. It grows.

When you give your love to others, it does not diminish the love you have. It deepens and enriches that love.

When you teach what you know, it does not take knowledge away from you. It expands and broadens your knowledge.

When you offer kindness, you end up with even more. When you make use of discipline, your discipline grows ever stronger.

The more you live with integrity, the more integrity you'll have. The more you speak the truth, the more real truth you'll discover.

The truly valuable things in life are easy to recognize, for they're the things that never get used up. Indeed, the truly valuable things become more plentiful each and every time they're used.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #137  
Rattie Lover

Wink

Short And Corny!!

Q: Why didn't Cain please God?

A: Because he just wasn't Able!!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:14 PM   #138  
Rattie Lover

Wink The Wedding

Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, "Why is the bride dressed in white?"

"Because white is the color of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her life."

The child thought about this for a moment, then said, "So why is the groom wearing black?"
Old 11-03-2004, 04:09 AM   #139  
Rattie Lover

Cool Bad Bear!

A bear walks into a bar in Billings, Montana and sits down. He bangs on the bar with his paw and demands a beer. The bartender approaches and says, "We don't serve beer to bears in bars in Billings."

The bear, becoming angry, demands again that he be served a beer. The bartender tells him again, more forcefully, "We don't serve beer to belligerent bears in bars in Billings."

The bear, very angry now, says, "If you don't serve me a beer, I'm going to eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar." The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings."

The bear goes to the end of the bar, and, as promised, eats the woman. He comes back to his seat and again demands a beer. The bartender states, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings who are on drugs."

The bear says, "I'm NOT on drugs."

The bartender says, "You are now. That was a bar*****youate."
Old 11-03-2004, 04:16 AM   #140  
Rattie Lover

A guy walks into a bar with a monkey on his shoulder.

As he approaches the bar, he grabs the cue ball off of the pool table. He says to the bartender "I bet you this monkey can swallow this cue ball whole..." Bartender says, "you're on", at which the monkey promptly swallows the cue ball.

A week or so later the same guy walks in with his monkey and sits down. The monkey promptly starts for the bowl of peanuts, picks one up, sticks it in his butt, then eats it. This goes on for a while and finally the bartender comes over and says, "that is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, why is that monkey doing that?"

The man reply's " Ever since the cue ball incident, he sizes everything he eats."
Old 11-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #141  
Rattie Lover

Wink The Nun

A cabbie picks up a Nun. She gets into the cab, and the cab driver won't stop staring at her. She asks him why he is staring.

He replies: "I have a question to ask you, but I don't want to offend you".

She answers, "My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive."

"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."

She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic."

The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I'm single and Catholic!"

"OK" the nun says, "Pull into the next alley." The nun fulfills his fantasy with a kiss that would make a hooker blush, but when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.

"My dear child," said the nun, why are you crying?" "Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied.

I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish.

" The nun says, "That's OK, my name is Ken and I'm going to a Halloween party."
Old 11-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #142  
Rattie Lover

Arrow Authorization...

Do you allow yourself to feel good? Do you allow yourself to live a full and happy life?

Or do you make things difficult for yourself through a lot of self-criticism, negativity, destructive and compulsive behaviors?

Whatever the forces in your past that have driven your eating habits, you DO have the power to change. Make a decision today, right now, to stop abusing yourself.

Give yourself authorization to be OK. Ask whatever Higher Power you believe in to help. And begin to live the rich, healthy life you deserve.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:50 AM   #143  
Rattie Lover

Arrow Driving Test...

The following are a sampling of supposed real answers on exams given by the California Department of Transportation's driving school (AKA Saturday Traffic School for moving violation offenders).

Q: Who has the right of way when four cars approach a four-way stop at the same time?
A: The pick up truck with the gun rack and the bumper sticker saying, "Guns don't kill people. I do."

Q: When driving through fog, what should you use?
A: Your car.

Q: How can you reduce the possibility of having an accident?
A: Be too drunk to find your keys.

Q: What changes would occur in your lifestyle if you could no longer drive lawfully?
A: I would be forced to drive unlawfully.

Q: What is the difference between a flashing red traffic light and a flashing yellow traffic light?
A: The color.

Q: What are some points to remember when passing or being passed?
A: Make eye contact and wave "hello" if he/she is cute.

Q: What problems would you face if you were arrested for drunk driving?
A: I'd probably lose my buzz a lot faster.

Q: How do you deal with heavy traffic?
A: Heavy psychedelics.

Q: What can you do to help ease a heavy traffic problem?
A: Carry loaded weapons.

Q: Do you yield when a blind pedestrian is crossing the road?
A: What for? He can't see my license plate.

(Scary isn't it? No wonder there is road rage!! )
Old 11-10-2004, 04:54 AM   #144  
Rattie Lover

Wink Changing a Light Bulb...with Menopause!!

Changing a Light Bulb with Menopause!!

(Joke courtesy of Ellis... )

Q: How many women with MENOPAUSE does it take to change a light bulb?

A: One! ONLY ONE!!!! And do you know WHY? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb! They don't even know that the bulb is BURNED OUT!! They would sit in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it out. And, once they figured it out, they wouldn't be able to find the *!@$ light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past 17 YEARS!
But if they did, by some miracle of God, actually find them 2 DAYS LATER, the chair they dragged to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!!!!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE WRAPPER THE STUPID LIGHT BULBS CAME IN!!! BECAUSE NO ONE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE A FOOT DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS DAMNED HOUSE!

I'm sorry.... What was the question?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:08 AM   #145  
Rattie Lover

Red face More Than You Want...

Much of what you think you need, you can easily do without. Much of what you think you want, you would quickly tire of if you had it.

It is great to be inspired and motivated by your desires. Just don't let yourself become imprisoned by them.

When things do not go your way, it's not the end of the world. There is always a way to move forward.

When you fail to get what you want, consider that it just might be a blessing. It's entirely likely that today's disappointment will set the stage for tomorrow's magnificent victory.

In any case, real, lasting fulfillment never comes from merely getting what you want. If you connect happiness and fulfillment only to outside events, you're sure to be chronically disappointed.

Instead, focus on being the best you can be, on how you can make a positive difference in life. And you'll soon have more than you could ever want.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:13 PM   #146  
Rattie Lover

Wink Lord, Don't Let Me Be Late!

A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible class.

As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be late!"

As she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell, getting her clothes dirty and tearing her dress.

She got up, brushed herself off, and started running again.

As she ran she once again began to pray, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late!...But don't shove me either."
Old 11-15-2004, 10:38 PM   #147  
Rattie Lover

Talking Brighten Your Day...

In the next five minutes, you can be living in a brighter, more positive world.

In the next five minutes, a dreary day can be transformed into a day filled with positive promise.

How can this happen? It can happen because of you.

It doesn't take much to brighten your world. Yet it can make a tremendous positive difference for you and for those around you.

A smile is a good way to start. A kind word, a helpful act, some real patience and understanding will add to the brightness.

Brighten your world just a little bit, and that brightness will be reflected more than you might imagine. Send out your own special goodness today, and it will come back in even greater measure.

You don't have to be stuck with a day that's going nowhere. Take a little time, make a little effort, brighten your world and see just how quickly things improve.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:46 PM   #148  
Rattie Lover

Exclamation Let Go of Comfort Food

Many overweight people use food to comfort themselves.

After all, food is something we cannot live without, and it’s one of the primary ways for people and families to connect with one another. The only trouble is, it can become a substitute for love, affection, and coping skills.

Think of some ways you could comfort yourself, other than by eating. Here’s a starter list: hug yourself or another person, take a hot bath, stroke your face or pat yourself on the arm, tell yourself that you’re good and that you love yourself, think of 4 good things about yourself, or finish some work you’ve been avoiding and then reward yourself with a short walk. Worship and spiritual practices can be a source of great comfort, too.

Put your beliefs into action. Practice stillness, gratitude, and service to others in need of comfort, and God will alleviate your troubles and comfort you.

There are many positive ways to get real comfort. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that overeating is either good or comforting.

----------------------------------------
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 AM   #149  

u really are funny you are cracking my ribs

Last edited by Flowers; 01-19-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote