PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:52 AM   #46  
Started IP 10/18/12

S/C/G: 286/Ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

•Who's here this month?
I'm Allison and I am new.
I am very excited to find a group of people who have the same ordeals that I am currently dealing with. PCOS/Insulin Resistance is just a pain. I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 15 ... and have been gaining weight ever since.

I have been trying to find a way to lose it, but I just can't find the right "eating plan"/exercising plan that works. I will lose maybe 5 or 10 lbs ... then I just hold. ANY HELP would be appreciated.

•How are you?
Doing alright ... need to find the key to start and get this weight off!!

•What are you working on?
Weight loss and getting to my ideal weight. Also, need to learn how to properly eat with PCOS/insulin resistance.

•How was last month?
Sane ... nothing changed.

•How's your PCOS management going?
Apparently all my levels are in normal range with the help of BC pills, Vitamin D, Metformin ... now the weight is the next thing that needs to go!!!
Alliegirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #47  
Started IP 10/18/12

S/C/G: 286/Ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardigrasqueen View Post
I'm here. I'm also new. I gave up on having kids a long time ago. We adopted and I have since had the uteral ablasion (Novasure) procedure. So no more battling that horrid time of the month. Now I am just concentrating on my health and weight. I am currently taking Victoza and have lost 23 lbs in 5 weeks. I start Metformin tomorrow and I am also starting a Pilates/Yoga class tomorrow.
Hi there.

Victoza is like Byetta, correct? Did you try Byetta first? My endo put me on Byetta and it did nothing for me ... So happy for you that you are losing the weight. Congrats!! What an amazing feeling and accomplishment!!
I definitely want to try yoga. My body could really use it.
Alliegirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Welcome to the newbies! It's nice to see more activity here. PCOS is such a constant battle - the bigger our army, the better chance we'll win!

Jiggly (your screen name makes me giggle every time I see it ) - a HUGE congrats on your weight loss this week. That's wonderful!! I know that feeling well..."wait, is the scale right?!"...gets off scale...makes sure its zeroed out...gets back on and sees the same number...squeals with delight and spends the rest of the day feeling SUPER proud.

I had a surprisingly successful weekend. Normally I don't lose on the weekend. Because we're always on the go, I typically just aim to maintain. I stepped on the scale Sunday morning and was down 1.5 pounds from Friday. I can't believe I'm just 1.5 pounds away from ONEderland.

Last edited by dogdaysofdiets; 06-27-2011 at 08:26 PM.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #49  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Just poppin' in to say howdy and vent.

I have a migraine so I did not cook dinner -- we had pizza. (a trigger food, ugh.)

And I cannot find clean clothes and the living room is a mess and I can't find my dvd that I want to do in its case and I'm pissy that people around here can't seem to keep things clean.

Am I the house slave? I have to chronically do it all for all people? Why do they undo my work behind me? SAHM is stay at home mom, not slaving at hellish mess.

Now that I've vented, I'm going to stomp off and do some kind of workout, even if it is Wii Dora excercise because all mine are awol. Ugh.

I'm going to take a tylenol and hopefully my mood will be better when I get back!

A.

ETA: Feel much better after workout! House still a mess but attitude much improved!

Last edited by astrophe; 06-27-2011 at 11:13 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #50  
Hopeless Romantic

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

dogday- wow 1.5 away thats so exciting i have 5lbs to go and cant wait. i already told my DH that once i see 199 i will have an iced caramel latte from DD lol

astrophe- i hope your day got better!

I was so proud of myself today I ran twice as long as when i started without the need to stop and walk! yeyyy
dys24 is offline   Reply With Quote