PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

So sorry to hear about your foot - I hope it heals quickly. Glad your doc gave you some carb and calorie guidelines. I've been holding under 100 carbs a day and it's really working. I hope have the same success.

Let me know if you have any questions about the sleep study. I have a close family member in that profession that I can bounce questions off if you have any.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #17  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Rana and dogdaysofdiets-- thanks! I'm sure it's the stress... weakening my immune system, things piling up, so much to do. But this too shall pass... I keep telling myself that!

I don't know that I can get to 100g carbs a day overnight but I'm aiming for 150g today and scrooching it down from there as I adjust recipes.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-09-2011 at 01:38 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

My weight still hasn't shifted. What a pain!

But the thing is, I know it's not the PCOS. Or rather, it's not some mysterious reason for not losing.....

I am just simply eating too much sugar.

I was walking in to work this morning and I was thinking about it and I realized that slowly but surely, those "treats" had become a daily part of my diet these last few weeks....

And we all PCOS ladies know that too many carbs, especially the simple ones, are a killer on the weight loss.

What a freaking addiction.

I need to get off this sugar rush. It'll be hard.... until I get it out of my system and then I'll be back to normal.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

So my doctor's visit was a success. It looks like the steroids have supressed my dheas & testosterone to normal levels. He prescribes Zovia 1/50e which is a high estrogen birthcontrol and said that he usually recommends high estrogen bc for women with abnormal androgen. He wants to see me again in 2 months to see if my androgen level stays down, otherwise I will have to get back on the steroid. The steroid have made me balloon upto 160lbs right now and I have lost only .5lb this week.
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #20  

Who's here this month?

christina- butta.. newbie lol

How are you?
not so good. i feel over weight, over whelmed and upset.

What are you working on?
loosing weight so that i can hopefully have a baby.

How was last month?
not so good.. dropped off my diet wagon and didnt loose any weight.. and feel terrible about it.

* How's your PCOS management going?

i guess ok. i went to the gyno bc i have had another 6 months of trying to conceive with no luck (been trying 2.5 years now). she put me on birth control to help with the hormones and bring my periods back to hopefully help me to ovulate.. i know i need to lose weight and want to very badly but im afraid if i do and still cant get pregnant how upset i will be..
butta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha19 View Post
I am new...I have been dealing with pcos for a while now (over 10yrs) and now i been having alot of break through bleeding...(hate it)..I am finally going to try accupuncture on Monday....did accupuncture before for migraines and it helped so i am very hopeful...

i have been told about acupuncture from a few people and have considered it myself.. i would love to hear how it works out for you. good luck!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #22  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Rana -- It is a pain. Hang in there!

nina125 -- great that the doc visit and labs showed improvements! Yay!

butta -- if it helps any, I conceived mine on metformin cycles that only ever got regulated to 60 days. I o'd on cd 50 something!

So don't lose hope!

A.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #23  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Ok, I need to visit the grocery store. And I know I'm low on fiber today as a result because breakfast was not the best breakfast ever... scrounging around for cheese and crackers and deli turkey slices. (Like a sandwich but not)

But I mapped out today at 150 carb... and I'm gonna do my darndest to stick with it!

A.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #24  

thanks astrophe, that gives me some hope.. plan is to take some vitamins (super b complex, hair skin and nails, a one a day, and prenatals) and loose some weight.. after only loosing 10 pounds my period showed up, woo hoo! and now im on the pill to regulate em..
Old 06-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #25  

Bike crash on Sunday. I'm in pain.

But I am working on the calories. Already down a pound. Woohoo!

Man, how amazing our caloric intake and macro composition determines weight loss. I'm sure I'll fluctuate up and down, but at least it's going in the right direction (down, rather than slowly creeping up).

I have to remember this too... for the most part, any increases I had in the past, were minor and temporary, water weight stuff, period stuff. I had forgotten what it means to really gain the weight.

If this is a lesson to be learned by anyone, it's that it's really hard to take off, so don't let it creep on. Those "extras" will take it's toll on your weight loss journey.....

Thankfully, I'm back on the saddle this week, back to my regular crazy exercise routine, my fridge is stocked up and I'm ready to take on the week.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

astrophe thanks i hope the meds help How is your ankle? i still got abit of a cold but its better thanks

Ranna i hope your better after your crash you poor thing xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #27  

I'm frustrated this week. I'm having a really hard time eating enough calories. I'm finding that food low in carbs are also low in calories. I really don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners and I'm not big on processed food, so I think that's making it hard to eat enough. Plus I'm at the point where I'm just not hungry, but I really don't want my metabolism to adjust to the lower calories.

How do fellow low carb dieters get their calories in? I'm trying to stay around 60-80 carbs/day and 1200-1300 calories/day. Some days I'm falling short by 200-300 calories. UGH.

Although, on a positive note, I'm really enjoying my victory against carbs. As I've posted previously, I had a very BIG love for anything carbohydrate and I would crave, crave, crave carbs all day long. The cravings are gone and I'm enjoying it! Take that PCOS!!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #28  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Rana -- ouch! Hope you are better! But it sounds like you are pumped for the week!

ems81wales -- Better. Taking kid bowling tomorrow. So it's some exercise but not poundy on the ankle as much as other activities. Hope your cold improves!

dogdaysofdiets -- What about healthy fats? Nuts/seeds?

MY CHECK IN:

I'm finding the 1500 cal, 150 carb goal doable. Thank heaven for my primary doc! (I'll try going to 100 once I master this level)

My endoc was making me nuts with no nutrition help.

I'm digging the new vitamins, sleeping reasonably well, etc. Sleep study later this week to rule out sleep apnea. So while not perfect I'm feeling like I'm more on my game than I was a few weeks back.

A.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #29  

Thanks Ems and Astrophe!!! I am bruised... but alive!

Dogdaysofdiets.... I was going to suggest the same thing. Nuts are really high in calories and low in quantities. More protein too can up your calorie count without affecting your carb count too much.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #30  

Thanks all - I added nuts to my snack time today. I still wasn't able to hit my daily calorie target, but I got much closer.

I just don't want my body to go into starvation mode...but at the same time, I haven't been hungry (which I'm grateful for - that has been a struggle in past dieting attempts).