PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #31  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quickie check in -- maintained today. Which is fine. Grocery shopping day makes it that way because nothing is already prepared. But here I go again making recipes to keep on hand and keep the diet easy to stick too....

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Going crazy in my own little world here... sticking to the diet, except for tonight because I had a date with the BF. We went out and I decided to have a good Indian food dinner!!!!

I didn't eat all my entree, I did only eat half and took the rest home... it'll be breakfast tomorrow.

I've seen the scale slowlyyyyyyyyy creep down, so I know that when I eat within plan, it works..... duh!!!!!!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

well done on maintaining astrophe

well done ranna

I lost 1.5lbs this week x
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #34  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Argh -- taking parents to father's day lunch and dad and I seemed ok with a steakhouse (where I know I can get a very good grilled chicken salad the was I like it and keep it low gi) but mom flipped out and wanted cracker barrel. Which on the lunch and dinner end is similar to a steak house... but I have a hard time staying away from all the pancake starchy breakfast menu. And I don't care for their salad.

I guess I better think eggs? OR just suck it up and have the salad anyway even if it isn't my fav?

Argh.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-17-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #35  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Alright, managed cracker barrel -- split a breakfast with my kid so we each got some pancake, egg, and sausage.

Wanted to share some NSV's -- new vitamins are giving me great nails! And I see dimples in my legs. Which means I'll eventually get my quad cut lines back -- it always starts like a dimple on the side of my leg that grows longer and becomes actual lines. I'm surprised -- I thought it would take a lot longer to see those come back. Legs always come back first. So this is encouraging! Yay!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-18-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

YAY for you, astrophe!!!!!!!

I'm back on the road for the next week, so I'm terrified how I will come back. I keep telling myself that I have to eat low carb. That the pasta or the rice or the potatoes that I'm served DO NOT have to be eaten. :O
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:03 AM   #37  

S/C/G: See tracker

Reporting a 0.44 lb loss so far. Its been hard sticking to the 150 grams of carbs per day but when I do stick to it I feel like I have more energy.
My mom says she's noticing a difference in my shoulders, they look smaller. I wish my butt/thighs/tummy would get smaller but I guess those are the last that starts changing shape.

Keep it up ladies!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #38  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Rana -- safe travels!

Jigglybits -- yay! Hang in there with the 150. I struggle there too.

My Check in:

OJ put me over for carbs. Oops! So easy to mistake that. But a good day other than that.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-20-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #39  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Went bowling yesterday and had a good time. Food log was under 1800 calories, but I'm still working on lowering the carbs. Feeling energetic though.

A.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #40  
Hopeless Romantic

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

hi Ladies!

can I join you here? I've been on this board about 3yrs ago when I was dieting with PCOS to concieve. Well now I have 2 DD and I'm ready to shed some lbs again! I started on monday, and started running, hoping to loose around 65lbs
dys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 316/288/210

Height: 5'4"

* Who's here this month?
Hi my name is Liz. I love carbs and short walks on the beach...

* How are you?
I'm pretty good. super psyched to find a board for people "like me"

* What are you working on?
I want to get back into being more active. I had my son in May (*ahem* of last year) and staying at home with him this past 13 months has been amazing (you should read that as really really hard.) I am having such a hard time getting motivated.

* How was last month? * How's your PCOS management going?
I have been super hard on myself this past month; I have a habit of forgetting that I didn't get to 314 pounds over night. I have managed to take *most* of my medicines *most* every day this month, and without a lot of effort on my part I have had a 2 pound reduction.
SocialDeimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:50 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey girls hope your all well im off to london this weekend. I put on half lb werent happy as i worked my butt off this week must be muscle cus i know iv bee good
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #43  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

dys24 and SocialDeimos --

ems81wales:
Neat -- London sounds so exotic to me. Have fun!

My Check In:

A nice day, but veered off plan with my mom's bday cake. She made me take home leftovers. I want to announce here that I am about to THROW IT AWAY so I don't veer off track tomorrow. One day is plenty.

That is all.

A.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Astrophe - good for you for throwing away the leftover cake! I fear I wouldn't have that willpower.

Quick update on my progress...fast initial weight dropping has slowed a bit. It's hard to stay to plan when progress slows, but I keep reminding myself that the fast weight dropping isn't sustainable. I'm still averaging about 1-1.5 pounds per week, so that's good. The slower it comes off, the longer it will stay off.

I'm still struggling to eat enough calories. I've added nuts like you guys suggested, but I'm still not hungry enough to eat more. I'll figure it out with time, I'm sure.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #45  

S/C/G: See tracker

Reporting a 5.28 lbs lost this week! I had to weigh my self several times to believe it! I got my period on Tuesday so I guess its a combination of water weight & fat coming off - either way I'm taking it

What I'm doing so far:
- Exercise 75 - 90 mins x 4 times a week ( combination of cardio & weights )
- Actos 30 mg
- Limiting my carbs to around 150 g a day / only 2 fruits a day max / no carbs whatsoever after 6 pm.

astrophe - way to go on throwing out the leftover cake.
dogdaysofdiets - Try to eat smaller meals, more often. That's how I fit in my calorie requirements.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote