PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #61  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I don't have a problem with Insulin or my hormone levels, oddly enough, just a mean TOM and the classic ultrasound results,

It's crazy how all these different symptoms loop in to PCOS,

I started WW before I learned about my PCOS and stayed with the plan, doing it my own way to see what worked and what made me back slide.

Just keep popin' back in here jnj, and let us know how you are doing,

Last edited by zanheltangia; 09-16-2010 at 03:31 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 220/177/170

Height: 5'10"

Well....saw the doctor and am going to have LSH done on the 27th. Think i will throw my uterus and constant spotting a going away party! lol.....I am keeping the ovaries and will start the testing for medication choices after the surgery. I trust my OB/GYN so i am going to have to follow her advice on this for now.

However I am thinking I may try 3-6 months of natural cures before starting any medications. I'm really indecisive right now.
jnjfroehlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:34 AM   #63  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Thank you JB & Samve!!

I actually didn't work out for a week and ate different things that I normally would and slept A LOT & taaadaaaaa I broke it!!! Woohoo. I still walk around a lot at work but I lost weight when I broke it so I'm happy. Heading to the gym either tonight or tomorrow to get a nice workout in.

Welcome to all the new comers!!!!!
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick peek in to say hello to all!! Have a wonderful weekend. Stay active!!
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #65  
Warning 3FC Addict

Have a nice weekend!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:35 AM   #66  
HE'S my motivation!

First day being active in a week. OMG! I am going to wake up so sore. Today I took the dog for a walk, which I'm sure she loved since I haven't all week. Then my best friend, fiancee & I went swimming for 2 and a half hours.

If anyone is taking a friend swimming anytime soon and need a good workout idea - my fiancee and I made something up that works your thighs. I would pull my fiancee and walk backwards. He would lay belly up in the water. Hard to explain but OMG! My legs hurt LOL It was fun.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend =D
Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #67  
HE'S my motivation!

So, I went to the doctor a week ago. Regular doctor not Gyno. They took blood samples and a few bad things came back. My Triglyceride is high. I should be less than 199 and I'm at 205, my HDL is low. I should be less more than 45 and I'm at 36 & my Vitamin D is low. I should be between 30-100 and I'm at 18. But I'm happy to report my glucose was very good. I'm supposed to be between 60-99 & I was at 75 & that's while fasting =D Now I just need to get everything else under control and I should be fine. I hope.

Today I used my Nike+ for the first time. I really like it more than the Pedometer that I bought on my iPhone. It would say I took 5-6 steps and I was only putting the phone in my pocket. =| Anyone else using Nike+? Cool thing is, you don't need the shoes to use it. I did buy the shoes because I needed new running shoes but if anyone has ever thought about buying it you should =D

Time to log in my minutes & watch this movie =)
Old 09-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #68  
pgh

Hello ladies...
Hope its all going well. Looks like I've hit the plateau again! Its quite frustrating.. especially since I've been working out more than before and been very good with the food bit also!
Any ideas / thoughts?

p.s. my theory is that I've lost all the 'easy' weight and now its the more stubborn weight which is taking its own time - does that happen?
p.s.2. the other more plausible theory is that its muscle weight.. which i guess is a good thing.

161 / 142 / 114
healthier living since June 2010
pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:24 AM   #69  
WW Moderator

Nicoya, my Vit D is also low. I bought some drops at Vitacost for something like $5. They will last ages! I also bought some B-12 dots because that is low too, but I can't really tell any difference (as in more energy) when I take them.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 AM   #70  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

Who's here this month?

Hi! I'm Cookie, and I'm new too!

How are you?
Good, not working at the moment, my mum passed away at the end of last year, moved back in with Father to help him, and my 16 year old sister - so am not stressed about money and still earning my keep as a housekeeper. I get to go to the gym as I please, and today I did a 'Body Balance' class - which is based on Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates - so walking tall, all my tight muscles are stretched.
On my way back from Gym got a call asking me to come in for an interview for a really good job.
Also I'm living in Sydney, Sydney usually has nice weather - but today it's basically perfect - not too hot, not too cold, blue sky and Sun. Just got back from putting the washing on the line - the jasmine is out and it smells devine.

What are you working on? How was last month?
Working on weight loss - losing very very slowly. - about 0.6kg a week if I'm lucky (about a pound)

How's your PCOS management going?
Giving weight loss a go this year - if it doesn't work out I will see endocrinologist. Doing low carbs- CSIRO diet is the inspiration, but it's lifestyle change - not a diet.
Having Laser done on the Beard & other places (yes, the boobs).
Have always had longish menstral cycle ( 6 weeks?)
But have been getting only about 4 TOM a year for past 2 years - since I put on about 10 kg. Only had one all winter - but as I started going to the gym in June, I am not surprised I missed the next one. Just had first one since joining Gym, was light and no cramps - I hope they stay like this.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #71  
HE'S my motivation!

PGH - Are you getting a good night sleep? I hit my plateau and I was sleeping a bit more and also stopped with the normal routine. Even though it wasn't a big loss it still got me out of that same weight I was in.

Jennifer - They have me on 50,000 units of Vitamin D once a week and also have me take 4,000 every day. In 3 months I have to go back and check it again. I hope by then I have lost some weight and my other numbers are near back to normal or close to it.

Welcome Cookie! I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Glad you are on the right path =D
Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #72  

Hey everyone!

Nicoyaangel, you are doing so well, congrats for breaking the plateau. About the bloods, at least now you know whats going on and you can take measures to sort out what you need to.

I am officially pre-pregnancy weight!!!! It has taken me almost 2 years. Ok, I have only lost 16 pounds this year and still have 40 pounds to go but I am just so happy to be back to what I was.

I am interested in going on this South Beach diet, what is it like?
Samve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #73  
chubby punk

S/C/G: tick..tick...boom

Height: 5'5"

i started my vegetarian version of south beach today. i have a headache from what i assume is sugar withdrawals but ive eaten really well today and havent felt hungry at all. i have 13 days to go on phase one, so i guess i can let you know how it goes then!
LaurenBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #74  
WW Moderator

Good luck, Lauren. South Beach is a great plan and so easy to follow as a vegetarian. We've got several vegetarian (or very light meat eaters) in our SBD forum. Have you checked it out?

Welcome to 3FC, Cookie!

Samye, welcome also. South Beach is really easy to stick with once you get the hang of it. We've got lots of SBD success stories, you should check out the forum and see what you think.

PGH, hang in there. You're getting close to goal, and the weight will come off slower. You might need to check your calories in versus out and see if they are still going in the right direction. As you lose weight, your body will need less calories as well.

I just got back from the beach last night. It was exhausting! I swam and walked as much as I could. Walking in the sand is so much harder, especially against the wind. I was pretty bummed that I couldn't go as long as I can on the treadmill. I love the shore!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #75  
Warning 3FC Addict

Happy Monday, all!

Have a fantastic week!