3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/190741-wonderslim.html)

mmzem 03-21-2010 10:10 PM

Regee, you're probably not the only one. I anticipate having a problem because there is a lack of fiber on the diet plan which is why I'm gonna modify the plan adding more fruit...low carb fruit like blueberries. I'm also going to add some flax seed or meal to my shakes. I;ve been through thid before with another brand of protein shakes. You have to make it work for you.

How are you guys getting the cute little weight trackers on your posts? Do you automatically get it have a certain number of posts?

AzimuthRing 03-22-2010 12:34 AM

Hi all!
I started the program today and so far these are the products I have had and what I like from diet direct:

Wonderslim Vegetarian Sloppy Joe (great with veggies mixed in, I used a 1/4 cup of frozen spinach, and about a 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli and cauliflower). It has a bit of a sweet/spicey taste to it. It is yummy.

ProtiDiet Chocolate Pudding - I like how creamy it is and the flavor is pretty good. It does have a very minimal aftertaste - however - it is a fairly large portion.

ProtiDiet Chocolate Cereal Bar - I like this because there is a serving of fiber in there. It feel like it puffs up in my stomach and leaves me feeling very full and satisfied. The texture is very crispy!

I have the Wonderslim Cheese Steak Macaroni and looks like quite a few people like that. I'm looking forward to trying that.

It was difficult to stay on track today, I wanted to eat more. But I just kept drinking water if I felt the urge to eat and tried to stay busy.

blamarr 03-22-2010 07:03 AM

Hey ladies!! Welcome to all the new people!
I don't have the constipation issue, but I'm on a medication that has the exact opposite effect (TMI, I KNOW!!) I'm getting better at keeping myself on track and I can't eat like I used to. For example we went out to get Mexican food (my favorite) over the weekend. I got the fajitas (no oil), ate one with a shell and then snacked on a couple pieces of meat and veggies...no shell. DF was shocked that I was done...'We drove all the way out here and you're already full?" I almost laughed, but I was and I hadn't over-eaten!! Woo HOO!! I used to eat the whole meal.
So for my likes and dislikes from diet direct:
Chocolate Cream
cocomint (And I don't normally like chocolate at all!)
the WS bars
spicy mac
Dislikes
strawberry
chikn n tomato
tex mex
ok
vanilla
chicken soup

My reorder/substitution order is on its way and will be here Tuesday. I ordered some of the Bariwise and Protidiet items that got high reviews on the website. Hopefully those will be good. I'll update everyone as I try them! So weigh in on Wednesday....woo hoo!

LizR 03-22-2010 10:34 AM

Hello everyone. I'm down 1.8lb this week. Woot! :dance:

MargieMacD - Wow. You are already down so much! Let us know about your weigh in on Tue.

mavicar - Welcome to Wonderslim. I started with the 2 week package also. Now I do al a cart so that I can get exactly what I want. Good luck. I think this is the program to go all the way!

AzimuthRing - Welcome to Wonderslim. It gets easier. :D

blamarr - Love the going out to eat story. Long term appetite reduction! YAY.

I've used stool softener for constipation in the past. It worked for me.

xxsalamandaxx 03-22-2010 02:11 PM

Regee, before I started, I noticed that everything was really low in fiber and plotted out what I would need to eat to fix that. The flax oatmeal is fairly high (nearly half the RDA) and one of the protidiet bars has about 10 grams.

What I didn't take into consideration was potassium. 4 days into, I woke up with ridonkulous charley horses. I know that I'm drinking plenty of water and potassium and I have an on-again/off-again relationship. I found that the 5.5 oz low sodium v8 drinks have fairly high potassium for the 30 calories (16% of the RDA). I've been drinking one a day and it seems to have helped; that or the placebo effect is awesome.

Regee, I hope you start feeling better soon!

mollymai 03-22-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxsalamandaxx (Post 3212668)
Regee, before I started, I noticed that everything was really low in fiber and plotted out what I would need to eat to fix that. The flax oatmeal is fairly high (nearly half the RDA) and one of the protidiet bars has about 10 grams.

What I didn't take into consideration was potassium. 4 days into, I woke up with ridonkulous charley horses. I know that I'm drinking plenty of water and potassium and I have an on-again/off-again relationship. I found that the 5.5 oz low sodium v8 drinks have fairly high potassium for the 30 calories (16% of the RDA). I've been drinking one a day and it seems to have helped; that or the placebo effect is awesome.

Regee, I hope you start feeling better soon!

I'm not for sure how you season your food, but as far a s potassium goes, the Morton Lite salt has potassium in it as well. When I was on LA Weightloss, that what they reccommended.

REGEE 03-22-2010 09:53 PM

Hi & Thanks Ladies!! I'm dealing:(

I'm in L.O.V.E. w/the cheesecake:D I've had it 2 nites in a row w/berries the 1st nite, banana & berries tonite:-) Simply FABULOUS:carrot:
I did not like the choc. cake, & I really wanted to!!
That's about the only thing I didn't like.
The sloppy joe is super!
Choc. is my fav. shake, followed by both smoothies. I wish they had p'nut butter.............
I just got my order today & will be trying a few diff. snacks, entres, etc.

PaulaM 03-23-2010 12:24 AM

My order has been shipped, can't wait

mollymai 03-23-2010 08:31 AM

So yesterday was the day I got really weak to potato chips :mad: while at work. I ate more than I should had, but I am back on track. I continued to eat my lean and green as well as my last WS meal of the day :D.
For me, I know that I can't have food around that are trigger foods. I went to my mother's house Saturday and she had all kind of goodies and I nit picked :mad:, I didn't have a whole piece of anything though.
I am addicted to food (or shall I say fried anything and sweets) and it's hard for me. I don't want to be a failure anymore. I want to finally succeed at losing weight.
I am always tempted, my husband and children does not have to lose weight, I do and that's another hard situation for me. My kids are very helpful, if they see me even trying to put anything in my mouth that don't belong they say "mom you should not eat that", my son says "mom you go get depressed after you eat that"' lol. They are so sweet and helpful. But my husband is 50/50.
I have tried and failed for so many years that my mother and grandmother makes me mad, because they would say I am wasting my money. I want to prove to myself and no one else that I am strong and I can beat this obesity issue once and for all :carrot:.
And another thing, I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!

LizR 03-23-2010 11:34 AM

mollymai - :hug: You did the right thing. If you make a mistake and go off plan don't worry about it or punish yourself feeling guilty and don't give up for the rest of day. Just go right back to your Wonderslim. No one can be perfect so the real skill is getting up after you fall down!! It is all about persistence not perfection!!!

Sounds like you have great kids. :) I also have 2 great boys who are thin so there is plenty of high calorie food in my home. I've been on Wonderslim for 3.5 months and it has gotten easier and easier to ignore temptation. It definitely gets easier!

Try not to let your mom and grandmother get to you. You are NOT wasting your money. Don't think of it as failing for years. Obesity is a medical issue that is difficult to overcome. Think of it as searching for a solution and now finding that solution. :)

Quote:

And another thing, I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!
This is the attitude you need! :dance: :broc: :cheer:

byebyebelly 03-23-2010 12:10 PM

Mollymai- Stay strong girl!! :club: You can do it! Put all the negative thoughts and words out of your mind and focus only on your strength to succeed! We will do this together! :hug:

I don't post over the weekend and i get back and theirs so many new members!! :welcome: newbies! I went a little off track on Saturday. We had a big family bbq/ bonfire for my cousin (who's more like a brother) he's getting deployed to Afghanistan tomorrow...so we had a good ol' time :D I did ok with the eating...but went a little of track with drinkin...i had good intentions with buying some 100 cal. beer...however i didn't stick with just that. Anywho i'm back on track and need to make some mini goals for exercising...not sure what to use as motivation there...i seem to do it for a few days...then let myself get too busy for the next 3 days etc... Wow this is a ramble and a half huh! Good luck ladies and Lets keep on Truckin!!! :dust:

MargieMacD 03-23-2010 12:31 PM

mollymai I know how it feels to be the only one needing to lose weight. My husband is realy fit and he can eat anything.

One thing I have learned is you can't listen to what anyone has to say. I have a cousin who lost over 130 lbs and was for ever rubbing it in my face. She lost all this weight in about 1 year and she isn't telling how she did it. lol

At first it really bothered me and made me so mad. :mad: My husband told to forget about her and to concentate only on myself. So I had to just say I was busy and not be around the negativity. I don't even look at her in facebook. lol

She was driving me nuts. Now I just think about me and I try not to think about how long this weight loss journey is going to take. I keep thinking about what its going to be like to be thin again.

Don't let other people get you down. You know you can do it. Just think about the reward you will have when you get to where you want to be.

As far as the fried foods and chips, what i usualy do is say to myself is this going to help me or hurt me. I tell myself how far I came and that eating this is going to send me backwards intead of forward. It usual works.

Hang in there. You can do it, we all can. Think positive and don't give up.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097...145/227.6/.png

mollymai 03-23-2010 01:23 PM

Thank you all so much. You all are so helpful and motivating. I am thinking positive and moving on. So far I have no triggers today because I am not around any lol.

annieann77 03-23-2010 04:09 PM

Well .... I did it!!! I just placed my order, I'm so excited yet nervous! I feel like I'm going on a first date, LOL ! I'm tired of being on other diets that aren't showing results and I feel like I can do this diet! I am giving it a month to see how the results are and if they are as good as I am hoping for then I will continue. I have about 50lbs to loose and would like to see most of them gone by my sons 2nd bday in June!! :)

REGEE 03-23-2010 09:16 PM

@ Mollymai-Keep up the good Spirit!! I know about being the only one who is on a diet. My husband is fit & can eat ANY thing he wants & as much as he wants!! I swear it just goest straight thru him!! If he isn't constantly eating something he loses wt. in a matter of a couple of DAYS!!! No Lie!! I've seen it w/my own eyes........................it's CRAZY!!

Anyhoo, I really like the rasp. hot coco:-)
Had the dijon chips today, they are ok.

Anyone ever trade a shake for a hot drink?
I know according to the plan they are NOT interchangable......right?