3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/190741-wonderslim.html)

LizR 03-18-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargieMacD (Post 3207270)
Hi all.
I forgot to tell you all I broke the 230s. I am now 227.6. What a struggle. I love this diet. I have only one fear and that it the day I will have to come off it. I am so scared that when I stop I will start gaining again. I don't know why I am worrying about it now.....I will be on this for a long time before I get to my goal. Does anybody else worry about this?

Congrats on the loss. :congrat:

I have lost weight and gained it back in the past so I am a little worried too. :( I am currently planning to stay on Wonderslim for maintenance. I am going to use the men's plan to maintain instead of the women's plan to lose. There is a "maintainers" forum here on 3fc and I'm sure they will have tons of advice and support for you when you reach goal.

mmzem 03-19-2010 07:14 PM

Where is everybody today? Common, let's hear some progress reports? I'm gonna start Sunday....I just want to figure out a way to still have my green smoothie without compromising my weight loss. It's the best way to incorporate vegetables into my diet that I've ever experienced. Any ideas?

LizR 03-19-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmzem (Post 3208875)
Where is everybody today? Common, let's hear some progress reports? I'm gonna start Sunday....I just want to figure out a way to still have my green smoothie without compromising my weight loss. It's the best way to incorporate vegetables into my diet that I've ever experienced. Any ideas?

Can you give us the recipe for the smoothie? I'm sure there's a way.

mollymai 03-19-2010 08:42 PM

Have anyone calculated the calories? Mine is going over 1200 without adding the starch to my day. lom mmzem, I wondered the same thing, but I noticed that it's quiet on the weekend.

PaulaM 03-19-2010 08:50 PM

I finally ordered, so I'm looking forward to starting this diet.

mmzem 03-19-2010 09:02 PM

LizR, the recipes vay but the base is a green veggie, such as spinach or kale. To that you add your choice of fruit/s such as pineapple, melon, strawberries, apple, oranges. Usually a banana is added, too, because it really masks the flavor of the dreaded veggie. Oh, add cold water and or ice cube. Blend together with one a blender like vitamix, blendec or the one that Montel Williams sells. Not only is it delicious, it's nutritious. The only time that I've made it and wasn't totally thrilled was when I added cucumber or too much celery....but then, I don't really like cucumber's taste.

mmzem 03-19-2010 09:05 PM

Mollymai, did you start yet? What do you think?

BetsyAnn 03-19-2010 09:39 PM

Do you all do the fruit and starch at breakfast, as well as the starch at dinner?

mollymai 03-19-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmzem (Post 3208977)
Mollymai, did you start yet? What do you think?

I started Yesterday. I had the chik'n tex mex and the other chik'n meal and added taco bell hot sauce to it. It was okay, the steak mac n cheese was better and the bars are good. I am going to tweek my shakes to fit my taste buds, like adding fat free flavored coffee syrup and I use coffee for all my hot drinks and add a little cream.

Texanfray 03-20-2010 12:10 AM

Ordered Wonderslim Food Today!

Hi Everyone,
I have been reading this thread for a while and decided to start to make the move from Medifast to Wonderslim due to the cost. I was really successful during the fall and lost almost 20 lbs in 2 1/2 months on Medifast.

Long story short, Christmas came and went and my grandmother recently passed so I turned to my trusty all friend - carbs. I am up about 4-5 lbs and ready to get back on and make goal which is only about 15-20 lbs away!

I look forward to joining you and plan to use some of Medifast habits on this diet. I just don't think I can do the fruit and starch. I am too trained to avoid it and want to lose quickly.

Does the extra 200 calories a day slow anyone down compared to Medifast? Just wondering....

Ginger

Texanfray 03-20-2010 12:20 AM

Does anyone use Fitday to journal?

I need to do something once I get my Wonderslim food. This really helped me with my Medifast lose this past fall.

Does anyone use it and does it work with Wonderslim foods? Just want to check before I go through the trouble of setting up an account!

Thanks!
Ginger

LizR 03-20-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmzem (Post 3208976)
LizR, the recipes vay but the base is a green veggie, such as spinach or kale. To that you add your choice of fruit/s such as pineapple, melon, strawberries, apple, oranges. Usually a banana is added, too, because it really masks the flavor of the dreaded veggie. Oh, add cold water and or ice cube. Blend together with one a blender like vitamix, blendec or the one that Montel Williams sells. Not only is it delicious, it's nutritious. The only time that I've made it and wasn't totally thrilled was when I added cucumber or too much celery....but then, I don't really like cucumber's taste.

Usually I recommend checking out the Veggie Challenged forum to people who don't like vegetables but I am sensing that you really hate them. ;) Sounds like the shake is a good solution for you.

Obviously the veggies in the shake are from the dinner. The fruit can come from your breakfast fruit serving. You could make the banana your breakfast starch serving (if your plan has a breakfast starch). Even though it is a fruit it is about the same calories as one of the starch servings.

Also you could experiment with using the Wonderslim shake or yogurt smoothie in place of the banana to mask the flavor of the vegetables. They taste pretty strong.

Good luck! :cheer:

LizR 03-20-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanfray (Post 3209164)
I need to do something once I get my Wonderslim food. This really helped me with my Medifast lose this past fall.

Does anyone use it and does it work with Wonderslim foods? Just want to check before I go through the trouble of setting up an account!

Thanks!
Ginger

Welcome to wonderslim! I use sparklepeople but I think fitday should work fine with Wonderslim too.

I was on the full fast version of medifast (500 calories a day) before switching to the Wonderslim 1200 a day plan. My lose slowed from about 3.5lb a week to about 1.5lb. I am much happier on Wonderslim so it is worth it to me.

Good luck! :cheer2:

mmzem 03-20-2010 09:29 AM

LizR, you give very sound advice....I'll try using the yogurt smoothie with my spinach and if it works, I'll order more of that one if I need to. My problem, when I was on the other plan (Med Source Life), was that I used too much fruit. I'm going to go for the bare minimum fruit because it slows the weight loss down a lot. That's why the induction phase of Atkins works so well.

As soon as I decided to start my plan Sunday, I remembered that this week coming up will not be a normal week for me and planning my meal schedule will be difficult because my day to day schedule will be erratic. Don't want to set myself up to fail right off the bat. The first week of any diet for me means a lot of urinating, therefore, staying close to a bathroom which might be a problem, lol.

Right down, I'm still reading through my WS info that they sent with my order. I love that they go that extra mile for us.

mmzem 03-20-2010 09:33 AM

Mollymai, absolutely do some modifying if that will keep you satisfied and true to you goal. Myself, I definitely have to keep cream for my coffee.