Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #226  

Hi Josie!

It's been so nice checking in every day to see how you're doing! Keep up the great work! I haven't tried the spaghetti yet. I'll give that one a shot, this week! I bet it would be great with a side salad.

I'm so sorry to hear about your back! I do hope you get well soon. You'll be in my thoughts!

I tried on some smaller clothes today and they fit wonderfully... soooo excited! Even if I didn't have a "big" loss, this week, I feel like I'm starting to see a difference in both how I look and how I feel.

This upcoming week, I'm thinking about making my own sugar free jello. I'm not a big fan of aspartame, and the only alternative seems to be making it myself. I really like using stevia as my sugar substitute. Reddi Whip makes a "lite" whipped cream that's only 5 calories for 2 TBSP... I really like it! I figure this could end up being an "emergency snack" for those moments when I want a little more, haha. Jello with some whipped cream sounds great right now (I really like this whipped cream on my french toast and pancakes too!).

Another thing I tried was frozen fruit. I got some frozen, mixed berries, thawed them just a bit, then topped with a little stevia (because I have quite a sweet tooth) and whipped cream. Delicious!

Stay strong, Josie! We can do it!!
AnnaPajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #227  

Default good sign that it is working

Hi Anna,
That is great to hear that you are seeing a difference in the fit of your clothes. That means you are on track and the program is working, really working for you!!! My "fat" clothes are so boring. I look forwards to the day that I can fit into some of the other things in my closet , from the days when I felt and looked better. I know that when the weight starts coming off, it will be easier to look at myself in the mirror, and hopefully see the person there that I actually recognize.

You mentioned frozen fruit. I bought some frozen peaches the other day, as well as some fresh. The fresh are absolutely delicious right now, so I will hold off using the frozen for now. But I agree, that if you thaw them slightly, then top with a bit of whipped cream, it is very refreshing.

I haven't liked the snack choices very much until last night when I had the popcorn. It was a lot, and tasted better than the others I have tried. My special treat will be tonite when I try the keylime pie. I have previously tried the choc cheesecake and know that to be good, but I try to limit myself to these sorts of items to once a week. I am trying to teach myself to eat right, esp since I got to this weight by eating lots of sugary sweets and stressfull eating.

Enjoy your new look in your clothes. Feel proud. You are doing it! Keep going, girl. Tomorrow is my first weigh in , completing my first week. I have stayed on track, but as I mentioned before, I havent been very active. The back is starting to feel a little better this morning. I just need to remember, no lifting. Hard for me to do that since I have an elderly mom who is ill requiring total care. Just have to ask for help.

Stay strong.
josiestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #228  

Hi Josie!

Well, today I weighed in - I lost 2lbs this week, and my overall total is 5lbs in two weeks now! Hurray!! It was a great week and I'm so proud and happy! I really feel like this plan is working for me.

To celebrate, I went out and got myself 5 balloons! I also took a trip to a local book store and picked up a handmade journal for myself... soooo pretty! I can't wait to fill it up with notes and pictures. I found a photography book, filled with beautiful views of the ocean, so I picked that up to put in my "inspiration box". One of my dreams is to feel comfortable with my body at the beach in a swimsuit, so I thought this book could be a great source of inspiration when I'm tempted to cheat on my diet. Binge eating has always been a challenge for me... but I'm two weeks binge free today!! Hurray!!

I hope you've had a great day, Josie! Thank you so much for checking in on me every day. I got the spaghetti and meatballs this week, as you recommended.

Keep me posted on your progress!!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #229  

Default feel proud Anna

Great job this week and last , Anna! You are off to a great start. Keep going. I weighed in today also, and was ecstatic and surprised with my weight loss results. I had a 7.4 lb loss. I stayed on program all week. I have a long haul ahead with 35 lbs , at the minimum, to lose. I didnt put it on over nite nor can I expect to take it off that quickly either, but I am very pleased after my first week.
Now, for the not so good part- tonite I went off program and ate two grilled cheese sandwiches. I ate only a little bit of my JC dinner tonite with no added veggies, because I was in a hurry to get to an appt. When I arrived home after nine, that is when I got into trouble. Okay, brush myself off and start again in the morning, right?
We can do this.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #230  

Default one more thing Anna

LOL, the cheese on the grilled cheese was lo fat , bread lo cal, and the butter was not but SmartBlend. Still bad, I know, but thought it would make you laugh as to how I am trying to justify my cheat.

For breakfast, I do not do the JC breakfasts but eat the same thing every morning. It is fast, less expensive, and very filling. I eat 1 c Kashi honey oat cereal w/ skim milk. I save my fruit to go with my cottage cheese mid morning snack in place of the anytime bar. Lunch I try to add the veggies into the JC meal instead of as a side. Then I seem to get more veggies in and stay fuller. Dinner I do the same. Tonite I had the beef chili w/ beans. I poured half of it over lettuce and tomatoes. Splattered some hotsauce on top w a dollop of lo fat sr cream, and it made a great taco salad. This entree doesnt seem to be a favorite w/ many but i liked it. I should have finished the chili when i returned home instead of making a grilled cheese.

Have you tried the popcorn? I do like that. It also seems like a lot compared to most other snacks. I allow myself one cheesecake a week. That is my splurge. For week 2 I will be doing four snacks on my own since I really dont like most of them, and the ones i do like such as the cheesecakes and the lemon cake, I dont want to get into the habit of choosing those. Today after weigh in , I went to grocery store and got my own snacks. I planned for a chocolate attack by getting sugar free fudgesicles, salty attacks by getting mini cheddar rice cakes,and for sweet attacks, I did buy one JC key lime cheesecake. I also have a JC brownie from the sample kit I purchased. Will try this new strategy this week to see if i like it better and if i can discipline myself on the portions. I need to make some jello tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #231  

Hi Josie!

WOW!! 7.4lbs!!! That is SO fantastic!!! I am so happy for you and proud of you!! Don't let one mistake take that fantastic accomplishment away from you, okay? We all have not-so-ideal moments, but that's okay! Gosh, congratulations on a wonderful week, Josie!!

Haha, well, at least those grilled cheese sandwiches probably weren't as bad as "normal" ones, considering they were low fat and low calorie! Having a little something outside of the menu, once in a while, isn't going to ruin anything, I bet... don't let it steal your thunder!!

I haven't tried the popcorn, actually! I too have decided to start moving towards my own snacks. Your take on the beef chili sounds delicious! It's nice to have a little flexibility there. I dined out on my own today, which went really well! I planned ahead of time and got sushi (which I LOVE). It clocked in at 240 calories - not bad at all!

I really need to start exercising, but sometimes I get a little intimidated by it. In the past, when I've tried to lose weight and I start exercising, it seems to stop my weight loss. I'm not sure why. I went to Jenny Craig before, in the past - and when I added going to Curves and working out 5 days a week to that, my weight loss stopped!! Maybe I was getting too many weights in there and not enough cardio... either way, I am eager to get more active, but nervous about potentially making the scale "stop"! Sometimes I think I focus too much on the numbers on that darn scale.

Keep up the great work, Josie!!! I'm so inspired by your great week!! Let's both make this an awesome week, okay? I'll be thinking about you!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #232  

Default wow what a great idea!

Oh Anna, I love that idea of an inspiration box. Did you think of this or is this a tip from JC that I overlooked? Yes..... bathing suits. I was telling someone yest. that I used to live in a bathing suit. Now..... never. Havent been on the beach or in a boat since I gained this weight. I had to wear a suit on a vacation recently , and I made sure I had a sarong on my bottom half. Oh, those legs just arent ready for people's eyes. So that is a great goal for me too.

Well, I thought all night about the choice of the grilled cheese, and it is time to stop fretting about it. I am up this morning and it is a new day. I told myself that I would add exercise in today, since my back is feeling better, with only a slight twinge. No overdoing it, just a gentle cardio for 15, 30,45,or ideally, 1 hour, but i am not putting pressure on myself. Just will listen to my body.

Yes, I too found that the other time i was on JC when I was younger,fitter, and lighter, I was really into exercise which continued until a year ago. When I would walk 5 miles a day, then go for weigh in, my weight loss would often show nothing. This also happened when I went to WW briefly. The counselor told me the same that we always hear, muscle weighs more than fat. So true, a person with lots of muscle can weigh more but look much much leaner than another person of the same weight and height. So dont worry too much about the scale. You know, that if you are following the program as closely as possible AND exercising, that you are doing something good for your body. The weight will fall off ,and may not show up so easily on the scale, but will definitely start showing in your clothes and in the mirror.

Have a great JC day. Stay focused this weekend. We can do this!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #233  

Hi Josie!

The inspiration box idea was something I came up with when I was feeling a little down. I've been pasting inspiring pictures into my journal too, to help keep me motivated. I'm going to put a picture of my five balloons (for my 5lb triumph!) in the box too... I don't want to let myself forget the good days.

I've always been a heavy girl, so bathing suits have always been a distant dream for me. Sleeveless shirts are also something I've never allowed myself to wear in public. I feel like I've let my weight hold me back from enjoying a lot of things in life, and I really don't want to live like that anymore.

I really, really want to get active... but that number on the scale just drives me nuts! So many times, I feel like that number can dictate my entire mood... so that's something I want to try to work on, this week. My clothes are so much looser now - and the rational part of me KNOWS that means more than a number! Now I've just got to get the emotional side to agree on that, haha.

You are 100% right - it's a new day!! Don't worry about the grilled cheese incident. It's in the past, and it's not going to stop you from having a successful week!!

Stay strong, Josie!! Hope you have a great day!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #234  

Anna,
I can relate to the weight holding me back from participating in activities too.This has caused my life to change a lot, and not in a good way. My long time boyfriend left me at a time when I really needed him when my mom got very sick. Looking back, I see that some of the collapse was due to how i felt and looked at myself. I never had a weight problem until i started caring for my mom , and having little time to care for myself. So, the weight has cost me a lot, and I have lost a lot. I too hope that if I can improve the physical side of me by reducing my weight to a more satisfying image and one that i recognize when i look in the mirror, that then, maybe my emotional side will start to strengthen and I will become more at peace with my life.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #235  

Hi Josie,

I wish I could give you a big hug!! I'm so sorry to hear you've had so many obstacles in your path. Losing weight and taking care of yourself, physically, is totally a wonderful thing... but you are beautiful and wonderful, regardless of your weight! Looking sexy in a bathing suit is just the icing on the cake - and I think your cake is pretty great, with or without the icing (haha, sorry, I'm not the best with words). Icing doesn't mean much if the cake isn't good, huh? (Again, geez, I am not terribly good with words... hahaha).

Seriously though, it takes a lot of strength to stand up and say "I'm going to change my life". On top of that, you're taking care of a sick loved one... a lot of people wouldn't do that. I think it says a lot about your character.

Sorry to ramble, I just felt like sometimes we all need someone to stop and say "you know what? I think you're great!" - and I do! From what I've learned about you so far, I think you're a pretty admirable lady!

I really hope you find the peace you deserve, Josie. Stay strong... I know you can do it!! Talking with you has really helped me stay strong too.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #236  

Hey Josie,

Just wanted to check in this morning! I bought some herbal teas, and I've really been enjoying them! I've been sweetening them with stevia (no calories), and it's been a wonderful treat. I've especially enjoyed the fruity flavors. I had some red raspberry tea after breakfast, and it was wonderful!

Hope your day has been going well! Have a lovely weekend.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #237  

Hey Josie!

I hope you've been doing well. Feel free to PM me anytime, if you ever want to talk in private or anything!

I'm almost done with my third week now... I haven't gone over 1200 calories, hurray!! I did have sushi today, but I made sure it worked into my menu. It was *delicious*!! Sushi is one of my favorite foods for sure.

I've been thinking about you, Josie - I hope you're doing well!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #238  

Just checking in... hope I haven't lost you, Josie!

One more day and I've wrapped up Week 3. I'm really excited to see what the scale says. Anyone else out there losing with Jenny Craig? It's getting really quiet in here, haha.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #239  

Even though this thread seems kind of dead, I still figured I'd check in. I'm still on the program, had a pretty good week... only two more days until my next weigh in! I'll have completed my first full month on the program, and I'm really proud of myself! I only lost 1.4lbs last week, but it was my TOM, so I felt pretty happy with that number, haha.

I really feel like this is "it" - not giving up this time! Whenever I've felt that urge to grab a burger, I've worked sushi into my diet. I think I could just live off that stuff! Delicious!

I hope you're still out there, Josie... I've been thinking about you!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #240  

Well, I think it's just me here now, but I still thought I'd check in, just in case there's any lurkers out there! I'm down 10lbs now!! Hurray!! Jenny's been working well for me, and I'm feeling much healthier. Better yet, I really think my eating habits have changed for good this time. I haven't gone over my calorie range once since I started!!

I miss you, Josie!