Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #121  
jmwt

S/C/G: 242/199/140

Height: 5'7

Default One pound week

Well weighed today and it was a ONE POUND week.

I suppose losing a pound is better than the alternative- but gesh....

Hopefully someone has a better weigh in than me....looking forward to hearing about it.
venusbirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Poking my head in....
I recently started Jenny Craig! (March 26th, the at home program.) The price does hurt...but it's nice to not have to plan out my meals. I'm also much better at making sure I'm eating enough fruits and veggies.

I have a question though. When I first signed up, I talked to someone (I found out it was a program director) who was super bubbly and perky and I really loved her personality. I hung up the phone thinking "oh-my-gosh I hope she's my consultant. That will be great!"

Well, obviously she isn't my consultant. Mine is okay....but I'm not thrilled with her. I want to be excited to talk to my consultant each week, and I'm not. Should I try and get a new consultant? If I go that route, I'd rather do it now before I get too far into the program. Has anyone switched consultants before?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I switched pretty early on. I did it because of scheduling, the consultant didn't work on Saturdays and I wanted to come in then. You are supposed to be able to request a new one, no questions asked. Talk to the manager, see what options you have.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #124  

I weighed-in today... down 4.2 for a total of 41.4#s!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #125  

Oh Beth, that is awesome!! I can't wait till I'm there as well. Still in the 20's, but close to the bottom!! Almost in the teens for me!!! Keep up the terrific work!!!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I had another question....

Does the cost of food depend on what food you order?
My first order included the cost of my premium membership, so I knew it would be expensive. My second order was still really high though...and I wasn't expecting that. I know the vitamins cost less then the anytime bars (which I'm happy about, because I think the anytime bars are just "ok" and I had a hard time getting myself to eat them). So I was wondering if the same could be said about some of the meals. TIA!

Edit: I googled a bit and found an estimate (I think it was current as of last year). The center near me is closed today, so I couldn't go in (because apparently I should be able to go in and get a price list).

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 04-18-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #127  

3Meows - Thank you! You keep it up too!

Quiet Ballerina- yes, different foods are priced differently. Overall, I think the frozen ones are a little higher than the shelf stable ones, but it should stabilize after a while. I pay around $75-$80/week.
Good luck with the program, it definately works!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #128  

Talking new here

Hi,

3 years ago I lost 105 lbs on my own. I managed to gain 60 of it back. I tried my diet at home plan and it's just not working this time. Im sick of chicken and broccoli and gaining 2 lbs when I KNOW i havent consumed more than I'm burning at the gym.

So I have an appointment in an hour at the local Jenny Craig. If Valerie can do it, so can I! lol

I hope to join in on this thread and share my weight loss with you. My husband and his mom are horrible eaters and not very supportive so I need a supportive place to come while I'm working through this.

Thanks!

Maureen
MaureenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #129  

OK, Im in.

I joined the Jenny Premier Membership ($349) and got my first week of food ($75 with the $50 off for joining the premier).

Here we go!!! Wish me luck!
MaureenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #130  
jmwt

Default lost over 2 lbs this week

And I tell you it is a miracle....I had 5 bad days this week.

I craved craved craved food.

It did not seem like an emotional issue either- I was actually physiologically craving food (not pregnant obviously).

Congrats to all the other big losers

And I can't wait to be below 200 again- it seems HUGE but doable.

Have a good week everyone !
Old 04-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #131  

Baby steps my friends... baby steps. ;-) Trust me, it makes it easier.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #132  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5"1

venusbirth - I lost 1.6 pounds this week and I didn't eat very well either. I was sick so I wasn't eating a lot of the JC food. I know I had way too much ice cream and other crap. I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale! I was expecting a gain for sure. But I know I can't get away with that every week, so no more ice cream!

I started JC at the end of march and I have lost 10 pounds so far! I am so glad I decided to join. The food is great and I always feel full! Only 40 more pounds to go! haha
jleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #133  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

well two weeks ago I took a mini vacation with my brother and some cousins... we went to the beach, and were so busy doing stuff all day long it was impossible to stay on Jenny. I ate fried foods, and drank dirty martinis... but also swam in the pool a lot and walked around almost all day long. I only lost .6 pounds that week, but the important part is I didn't gain. This week's weigh in totally made up for last week though, down 3.8 more pounds. I am officially in the 180s and I will NEVER see the 190s EVER again!
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #134  
jmwt

YIKES gained a pound this week....well not really surprised - this was female time of the month. No Fun.

Next week will be better.

Congrats to Hokie loki and jleeson and all the rest of the losers.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Hey everyone! I'm not sure who is still around from about this time last year, so i'll go ahead and re-introduce myself! My name is Nicole, I'm 21 years old. Last year, I was really unhappy with my weight, in around february (2009) I decided enough was enough, I joined Jenny Craig, and by June I had lost 50 pounds! It felt amazing! I was slowly being weaned off of jenny food and on to my own food for the rest of the summer. However, in august - i went away to school for the first time (since i had lived at home the first two years to save money) I found it really difficult to keep up with my routine at school. I didn't have my JC counselor with me, and i'm not sure if any of you have ever been in a college dining court... HORRENDOUS. anyway, long story short - since last august, I have gained about ten pounds back. I actually feel this is not too bad considering after working out five times a week and eating all jenny craig food... I just stopped eating JC and working out all together for an entire year. However, It's summer again and I'm back home. While i'm not proud that I gained this ten pounds back, i'm just glad i didn't gain more with the way i was eating at school... it was dining court food, gift cards to chipotle and 79 cent ramen noodle cups for me! (terrible!!!)

Anyway, I'm back to work for the summer, so next week after i get paid i'm going back to the JC center! i have around 4 months to get my body back! I'm hoping to lose 20 pounds by the end of the summer (The 10 i gained, and 10 more)

anyway just wanted to stop in because this thread really helped me stay motivated before! If you don't remember me from before or just weren't around then please introduce yourself!!
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote